• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are You a Nerd, a Geek, or a Dork?

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 10:21 AM
-->
I found this test a while back. I could have sworn that I had posted it before, but I did a few searches and found nothing. Anyway....

Are you a nerd, a geek, or a dork?... apparently there are distinct differences.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=9935030990046738815

My Result: Pure Nerd
83 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 43% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 6:21 PM
-->
Pure Nerd

78 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 26% Dork

Cegorach

Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 30% Dork

Cegorach

Local time
-->

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 6:21 PM
-->
Tri-Lamb Material

57 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 57% Dork

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 9:21 AM
-->
Joe Normal

35 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 48% Dork <.<

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 5:21 PM
-->
Pure Nerd

70 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 43% Dork

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
Today 12:21 PM
-->
Tri-Lamb Material

70% Nerd, 30% Geek, 65% Dork

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

Congratulations!

Deleted member 1424

Modern, Cool Nerd

74 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 26% Dork

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
61 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 48% Dork

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
Pure Dork
48 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 61% Dork

yay i'm special

GarmGarf

Local time
-->
Pure Nerd

57 % Nerd, 0% Geek, 48% Dork

For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

0% Geek? Dam...

I guess it's cos I don't read novels/comics and stuff. :P

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Tri-Lamb Material

65 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 57% Dork

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd

65 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 30% Dork

Local time
-->
I didn't take the test but I prefer to be a nerd

Tunesimah

Man-Child becoming a Dude.... Man
Local time
Today 11:21 AM
-->
I took this before, Got Tri-Lamb. Took it again, got the same.

74 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 57% Dork

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 7:21 PM
-->
Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
Outcast Genius

57 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 52% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:21 AM
-->
Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 13% Dork

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
lalalalala

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
-->
Outcast Genius

83 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 70% Dork

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

INTPINFP

Local time
-->
Think I took this one a while ago and got Geek or Outcast Genius, can't remember which one.

Took the test again and earned the title of Outcast Genius. I think the test was pretty fun but could be more accurate if the questions had more options, eg: some nerds have laptops now and don't use books anymore.

NightCharm

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Outcast Genius
65% Nerd, 61% Geek, and 61% Dork

I can't say I consider this completely accurate, but that was my result.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
How is enjoying anime or manga not mainstream?

Modern, Cool Nerd

78 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 22% Dork

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
It sometimes seems like I'm the only one on this forum that doesn't care much for anime... I don't hate it - the stories are creative and intriguing, but I just can't get past the stupid looking animation and it seems like every one of them (at least that I've seen) has at least one character that's so obnoxiously annoying that I would rather be getting an enema with a rusty fork then listen to them.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
It sometimes seems like I'm the only one on this forum that doesn't care much for anime... I don't hate it - the stories are creative and intriguing, but I just can't get past the stupid looking animation and it seems like every one of them (at least that I've seen) has at least one character that's so obnoxiously annoying that I would rather be getting an enema with a rusty fork then listen to them.

Nah. Don't worry about it. I only watch what my friends make me watch after dogging me for weeks...But, that being said, I was actually asking how it wasn't mainstream because most of the kids (20-ish and under) who come through the store I work in know all about anime and manga and I suspect that the stigma behind watching anime and reading manga is quickly going the way of the dodo.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I suppose my sample size is a bit small - I've only seen Death Note and Cowboy Bebop - but I've seen snippets of episodes and pictures and heard people talking about other shows, and along with the two that I've seen, I'm with IB; I don't really get the attraction (the stories were interesting, but one can get that from a good book and not have to deal with all the anime nuisances mentioned before).

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->

No, not the only one. I don't get the attraction at all.

Word.

Maybe we should start a INTPs-who-don't-care-for-anime club!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 3:21 AM
-->
Word.

I haven't watched any of that stuff and find it difficult to believe I ever will.

Club time!

*edit
Pure Nerd
74% nerd, 17% geek, 26% dork

Seems likely that people here will score high on nerdism. Caring about brains/competence is one of the core characteristics of NTs.

Local time
-->
Word.

DO IT! FUCKING DO IT!!!

thank god there are some people here that aren't obsessed with that crap!

amen

Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
57 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 43% Dork

i am not really any of these, i am more of a Bohemian (if i had to label) but...

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->

Cassandra

Outcast Genius
96 % Nerd, 70% Geek, 61% Dork

:borg:

For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Ombat

but for all I aspire I am really a liar
Local time
-->
Cavallierose said:
I was actually asking how it wasn't mainstream because most of the kids (20-ish and under) who come through the store I work in know all about anime and manga and I suspect that the stigma behind watching anime and reading manga is quickly going the way of the dodo.

What kind of... store do you work at?

Where I live, watching anime makes you a geek. My best friend is Japanese and she even makes fun of me for reading manga.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Can I be in charge of the "book burnings?"

Yes. Yes you may. I have always been squimish about harming any kind of book... even manga/anime. You can do the dirty work for us.

Local time
-->
Computer Savant

43 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 65% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Geek and Dork, earning you the title of: Computer Savant.

People confuse you with a Nerd all of the time. You aren't some genius, like some people have said, and didn't/don't really like school all that much (and you especially hated some of the social aspects, like getting mocked). It's just that you have some passions and interests that you're extremely into/good at, and this has placed you in circles with other social outcasts, some of whom are exceptionally bright.

The awesome thing about being where you are is that you get to hang out with an elite group (though you'd probably rather be alone, or with only the closest friends and family) and you can make quite a good career for yourself in your particular specialities. Common to this group are people who are highly into electronics/computers as that is where the money lies, today.

Congratulations!

Top Bottom