• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are You a Nerd, a Geek, or a Dork?

ashitaria

Banned
Local time
Today 11:27 AM
-->
First time, got pure dork:

31% Nerd, 0% Geek, 60% Dork

Second time though, I got tri-lamb material (I answered the question "how smart do you think you are" more honestly :D and the "library card" question more accurately (since I go to the library very often).

53% Nerd, 4% Geek, 57% Dork

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
-->
*sigh* Pure Nerd. Hehe.

Peeps999

Local time
Today 2:27 PM
-->
WHAT THE FUCK!!! I was just thinking about this an hour ago and thought I'd post something on forum and this thread that I didn't know existed pops up in new posts when I get on my computer.

I'm a nerd, but I occasionally have geek moments with my programming stuff.

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd

87 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 39% Dork

ElvenVeil

Local time
Today 8:27 PM
-->

70 % Nerd, 48% Geek, 52% Dork

tri-lamb

Peeps999

Local time
-->
I didn't realize there was a test when I initially posted. I thought people were just spitting out random numbers that they thought were accurate.
83% Nerd
39& Geek
61% Dork
Tri-Lamb Material.

CLOfriendOSE

Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 35% Dork

To be expected...

Cerul

Local time
Tomorrow 2:27 AM
-->
Joe Normal

48 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 43% Dork

Thought I would've scored nerd

IIXIII

tuesday
Local time
Today 9:27 PM
-->
Tri-Lamb Material
83% Nerd, 30% Geek, 70% Dork

Dr. Manhattan

Local time
-->
Pure nerd baby!!!

Gear

Lazy
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
52 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 48% Dork

Renneth

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:27 PM
-->
Pure Nerd
91 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 48% Dork

91%? Really? I think I scored higher than anyone here (so far, at least), and I'm not even an INTP. xD (INFP 5w4!)

Oedipus

Jerk
Local time
Today 7:27 PM
-->
Outcast Genius

52 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 57% Dork

Dave

Earthbound Misfit I
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
Joe Normal
30 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 22% Dork

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
-->
52% nerd, 13% geek, 30% dork, Pure Nerd.

I don't consider myself any of these, maybe a nerd but only because I care about competency and the like. I am nowhere near the stereotypical INTP in the way the world views them. I'm highly intelligent but that's about it. The "nerdiest" things I do is probably very few anime (death note bleach DBZ as a kid still like it though) Final Fantasy (hate cut-scenes, eww Vanille), Pokemon, and other lame RPGs (no mmos though).

biodre

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Outcast Genius 70 % Nerd, 70% Geek, 61% Dork Exactly what I thought I was going to be!

lukecash12

The Polymath
Local time
-->
It says I'm an "outcast genius". However, it asked several irrelevant questions about my interests in literature, my leisure activities, and the technology that I own. For example: I can know how a carburetor works and read about it on a regular basis, but not own a car. A telling example from the test: Apparently, that I am up to date on electronics or not up to date on electronics, dictates my interest in electronics (by up to date, I mean in ownership). Questions phrased this way, don't consider whether or not the tester has the funds, the need, and the opportunity. A doctorate in theology and philosophy like William Lane Craig, can be endlessly fascinated by electronic technology, but not own much of it.

There were several other questions that committed the same basic type of fallacy, called the category fallacy. The underlying premises of the conclusions don't add up, because separate categories of information are being equivocated, re: Craig's ownership of electronic technology and his passion/interest in electronic technology.

As for me personally, I found that a lot of the proposed leisure activities seem like a waste of time for a true "outcast genius". I'd be more entertained reading Gary Habermas' Verdict of History, Plato's Symposium, or a manuscript of the Bible in one of it's original languages, than I would be entertained by some modern science fiction writer asking me to watch his goofy klingons on my television. Probably the reason I scored as high as I did on this fallacious test, was because I have all of the works of Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert sr., and Phillip K. Dick, in my library, and I like to speak Chakobsa.

MsAnthropy_Indefatigably

The Black One
Local time
-->
I took this test on Okay Cupid!
It said I'm all three but MOSTLY a dork! lol
Next Runner up being a Geek and 3rdly, a Nerd.

In keeping with the supposed definitions of these words, I would say they were totally on the money!

the_s_rabbit

Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 48% Dork

No surprise

Katie

I'm new.
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 26% Dork

Jennywocky

Creepy Clown Chick
Local time
-->
well, at least I am not a Dork.

Modern, Cool Nerd

83 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 43% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd
52 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 26% Dork

??? but I thought I seemed so cool in the answers!:slashnew: I want to be a "Modern, Cool Nerd", just like jenny! The one making the test must definitely have been a "pure dork", and perhaps us as well for taking it :p

MsAnthropy_Indefatigably

The Black One
Local time
-->
http://www.okcupid.com/quizzy/results?quizzyid=9935030990046738815&userid=14119159737652537908

Computer Savant
43 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 57% Dork

For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

You scored better than half in Geek and Dork, earning you the title of:
Computer Savant.
People confuse you with a Nerd all of the time. You aren't some genius, like some people have said, and didn't/don't really like school all that much (and you especially hated some of the social aspects, like getting mocked). It's just that you have some passions and interests that you're extremely into/good at, and this has placed you in circles with other social outcasts, some of whom are exceptionally bright.

The awesome thing about being where you are is that you get to hang out with an elite group (though you'd probably rather be alone, or with only the closest friends and family) and you can make quite a good career for yourself in your particular specialities. Common to this group are people who are highly into electronics/computers as that is where the money lies, today.

Congratulations!

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
I know I have taken this before, but why were not the results recorded?

Pure Nerd
74 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 48% Dork

TriflinThomas

Bitch, don't kill my vibe...
Local time
-->
Oh god... I'm normal :'D

Joe Normal (48 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 22% Dork)
This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

ℜεмїηїs¢εη¢ε

Local time
Today 12:27 PM
-->
I didn't think it was possible but this is my result:

Joe Normal
43 % Nerd, 0% Geek, 13% Dork

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Yay, none of the above! Lol.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
Modern, Cool Nerd.

shrub77

Local time
-->
Outcast Genius
70 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 65% Dork

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
What kind of... store do you work at?

Where I live, watching anime makes you a geek. My best friend is Japanese and she even makes fun of me for reading manga.

I can respond to this a solid 3 years later right? :phear:

I worked at a big box type of bookstore but it was in a small liberal college town which may have accounted for the acceptance of anime and manga.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 5:27 AM
-->
Joe Normal

17 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 9% Dork

The test is flawed, I am neither a Geek Nerd Dork or Joe Normal I am a dragon slayer.

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
-->
110% mathematician, 23% dyscalculic

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
-->
Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 43% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
-->
10% Joe, 8% Normal, 48% Nerd, 26% Geek, 22% Dork

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Outcast Genius

78 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 61% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

kvothe27

Local time
-->

Tri-Lamb Material

65 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 57% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

Congratulations!

C.Hecker88

Lily of the Valley
Local time
-->
Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
Modern, Cool Nerd
65 % Nerd, 57% Geek, 43% Dork

I'm cool?

I can't wait to tell my mom! ;D

Top Bottom