• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

Vatroslav

the Void
Local time
Today 5:28 PM
-->
When you start pipe smoking 18 years old, then you go about 300 kilometers to the capital of your country to buy the first pipe... :elephant:

Causeless

Local time
Today 12:28 PM
-->
Involuntarily.

- After which, you attempt to change up you footsteps, in hopes others won't notice you're grooving the beat, but each way you change it up seems to follow the beat anyway, making you certain you look like a confused runway model.

- You find yourself wondering what it would be like if the entire social setting around you broke in to orgy, what it would look like. Then, who would do who, why, and which folks end up with their own party in the closet for fear of having to imagine them naked.

polyopulis

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:28 AM
-->
when you memorize the randomly generated password you get through email when you reset your password instead of simply using ctrl + C.

You think it would be a interesting to count all the "You know you're an Intp when"s and you think about doing it but actually don't. You then remind yourself that counting them would be pointless because the point of this thread was not to count, just to provide statements. (damn you saffy for starting the convention!)

You hate all authority because they are doing it wrong.

When explaining a theory or idea and someone makes a joke comment, you take the comment seriously and explain why that comment, or the underlying principles of the comment disregarding the joke part, is illogical or impractical.

You wish you could be invisible and could just observe.

Firehazard159

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
Today 10:28 AM
-->
You wish you could be invisible and could just observe.

Modification:
You wish you could be invisible and could just observe, as an immortal, with the ability to perceive every event happening at once.

Artifice Orisit

Modification 2:
You wish you could be invisible and could just observe, as an immortal, with the ability to perceive every event happening at once, go back & forth in time, and drop in little toy piggies at whim, just to see how you can influence events with something so small and seemingly insignificant.

Adamas

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:28 AM
-->
- When your wife tells you that she is in love with an online guy and you insist that she check it out so she can find the truth of the situation...

My INTPness may have destroied marrage...I insisted that no one can be owned and gave her the option to follow her own path (logic/emotion)...
...When we were married I really thought she understood me...She didn't...

Little did I know that she wanted some sort of Emotional/ Jealosly response...
Logically I felt she should be true to herself...Emotionally I made a drastic, almost childish response...Go to him...indulge in your fantasy, I will be here when you realise the fault in your logic...I lost...

Last edited by a moderator:

Adamas

Redshirt
Local time
-->
...You resist seeing a movie, because it's popular...
(I Never saw ET, 'cause everyone and their sister saw it)
...If it's popular there must be something wrong with it...

The Fury

is licking himself.
Local time
-->
Modification 2:
You wish you could be invisible and could just observe, as an immortal, with the ability to perceive every event happening at once, go back & forth in time, and drop in little toy piggies at whim, just to see how you can influence events with something so small and seemingly insignificant.

:eek: You really are stealing my brain!

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 10:28 AM
-->
When you are engaged before you realize you are in a relationship.

(In my defense, it was 6 weeks from first meeting to marriage and he never actually asked me to marry him)

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
Today 6:28 PM
-->
- When you are cognizant of the fact that this is more of a Silly Little Things I Do thread.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
- When your desk contains a variety of useful items, but you're unsure what any of them could be used for

Causeless

Local time
-->
Here's one to build on page 42:

- You can't discover Santa isn't real, just by himself. After all, this confirms your suspicions that the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy must be lies as well! :eek:

merzbau

Local time
Tomorrow 3:28 AM
-->
- you dread giving directions to strangers because you can't get over the thought you've probably sent them in totally the wrong direction. and now they're lost somewhere, shaking their fist and cursing your ancestors.

Miss Led

Local time
-->
Adding on to the planes overhead...

when you are going to sleep at a friends house and a train goes by, and you imagine that it is full of people being transported to concentration camps and you start to feel all creepy and want to go out and help them, but realize you will be killed for intervening.

You tell your friends the next day and they stare vacantly at you, before bursting out laughing and calling you insane. They have lived on the tracks for 10 years and it never crossed thier minds.

Adamas

Redshirt
Local time
-->
...when you delight in esoterica that no one can relate to....
...when you cannot read fiction any more 'cause its all been done before...
...If when emotional and forced to make a choice Now, you make rash decisions...
...when you don't get out much, but thats just fine...
...take three years collecting the raw materials for your Project and don't ever expect show it other people...
...is scared how accurate INTP is to his personality...
...Has theroized about Nomad nations...

Adamas

Redshirt
Local time
-->
...contridicts hisself by loving the new batman movies just like everyone else...

Local time
-->
.....you know its just a silly test for fun but you think the results from a d&d character type test accurately describes yourself.

Local time
-->
...contridicts hisself by loving the new batman movies just like everyone else...

I am so glad they separated it from the last 2 batman movie that shall remain nameless before Batman Begins came out. At least they made up for those 2 horrible trainwrecks. Jack Nicholson was an amazing Joker in the original though, its too bad he's too old to play him again. The only real fault I found with the new ones was the choice of females (Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllanhal) were dumb and not that great looking as far as I'm concerned. They aren't bad looking but they could have picked no name actresses and they would have been better picks IMHO.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
You read Cognisant's most recent interesting post on Sympathy and find yourself more interested in the unusual appearance of typos in his post, and wonder if that really is Cog posting, than in the content until you snap out of it and re-engage with the content.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
When it's 5 minutes to 3am and you feel more energized than you have all day.

Artifice Orisit

You read Cognisant's most recent interesting post on Sympathy and find yourself more interested in the unusual appearance of typos in his post, and wonder if that really is Cog posting, than in the content until you snap out of it and re-engage with the content.
-When your mistakes make other people second-guess reality :D

Veritas

Local time
Tomorrow 1:28 AM
-->
When you finally figure out how easy(and boring) it is to be "social"(with the general population):

You're wide variety of interests allows others to connect with you at various levels, however you never connect with them

Most think you are 'cool' because you say what no one else will say and are often random

Some complain that you are often depressing in your conversations but they come out admitting that it made them think

You are often bored by the predictable patterns others move in

Their repetitive nature is also annoying...

You may go out to dinner/drink with a group but always end up leaving early to return to researching, writing, playing music, etc.

Regardless of the amount of people you know, you belong to no click, and always end up alone...willingly or not

You hate having to be in a group of more than three people because others start acting different than when they are one and one which is an overall facade and disrupts the analysis of searching for internal truths

You'd rather have imaginary conversations with people in your head than the ones you know in the external reality and often do so even when you're apparently talking to someone else(not sure if that one has already been said)

EVERYTHING ends up boring...

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
You'd rather have imaginary conversations with people in your head than the ones you know in the external reality and often do so even when you're apparently talking to someone else(not sure if that one has already been said)

All these were great and this last one is so horribly true ...!

I'm only ever bored when I'm around people who are boring me.

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
-You become efficient when everyone else is asleep.

-When someone refuses to have an argument with you

-You laugh at "touching" moments in films.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
You switch to a Dovak keyboard. Or maybe I'm just nerdy.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
You armed a model dragon with a pair of stator assemblies you found in an old VHS player

phantasia

Redshirt
Local time
-->
- You inevitably loved the movie The Number 23.
- You can see clearly what is relevant and irrelevant, and invest our interest accordingly.
- When you snap out of your thoughts and think you might be missing out on reality by not being very present, it not uncommon that you make a highly philosophical mental structure of what the present moment actually is, upon which you regard this thought as verging on mental insanity, and you then return to whatever you were thinking about.
- "When you fall in love, you fall hard, an all-or nothing phenomenom." (I read this somewhere and I think it's very characteristic)
- You struggle to unite your scientific and spiritual thinking.
- Had your strongest AHA-experience of your life the first time you read the INTP-profile.

And I highly agree with Veritas post above and with 95% of what has been written in this thread so far.

niteshift

Local time
-->
- Multiple online personality tests gave you INTP but you're still in doubt about your type.

Oh, too true !

I'm just a newb here, but having a wonderful time of spraying beer over the monitor in a fit of laughing/choking...

cheers, nitshift

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
-->
I'm sorry to say that I don't have the patience to read through every page of this thread on my iPhone,which is my only sourse of internet right now =/
I do need to say that.....from the pages I did read I am amazed. I know this thread is kind of light hearted, but I am 100% new to this INTP stuffs and as I'm going down the posts I find that 98% of the things mentioned apply to me. Like.... insane stuff. Things that cause my best friends to look at me and say "Crack head!" or "Oh dear. Christina....you are just too much." So....to me this is serious stuffs. Super serious.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
^^lol and welcome

you start answering a question your 13 year old asked and she says 'look mum I don't need the 'na ne na ne na ne na ne' answer, that works on my sister, I just need 'boom boom'.

(true story)

BoredRestless

Redshirt
Local time
-->
ah thanks. Glad to find like minded individuals which is surely a relief. I thought I was the only "normal" person in this world.

Here's another: At some point in your life you were convinced that if indeed heaven and hell does exist, you were borne from hell sanctioned to terrorize humanity until another generation of intps takes your place.
Dark side? I embody all that is.:smiley_emoticons_mr

Yet another: You have a tendency to buy/download books that could fill the library of Alexandria but never get around to reading them all through.

PREPARE TO REPLY!!!!!! :d

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
you know you're intp when you direct boredrestless to the intro thread so he can experience the full intpf welcome and compulsory tasteless thread derail as his initiation.

you know you want to do it!!

Artifice Orisit

compulsory tasteless thread derail as his initiation
Hey, I resent the implication, the "Miss Take" derail has been relatively tasteful.

Edit: When thread derailment is an acceptable leisure activity.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 3:28 AM
-->
When you read through a 105-page thread on a topic that interests you.

*edit
^Superfluous 'when'! :eek:

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
Tomorrow 12:28 AM
-->
When you search the entire house for your glasses and then find it in your hand.

BoredRestless

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When going off on tangents is counted among your repertoire of many useless skills.

When you were aware that Santa Claus was a load of BS by the time you learned how to walk and caught your parents stuffing presents underneath the tree.

When children dreamt of becoming president, astronauts, lawyers, and doctors, you wondered if there was such an occupation as sleeper.

Eloise

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When at the age of 7 you decided you couldn't wait for retirement.

When you felt despair at finding out your English teacher loved cheerleading and realised we'd 'struggle' with the Hobbit. You honestly can't remember anything about english since.

When you were tossing and turning till 5am thinking about being an INTP and what it could mean.

Your favouurite part of the day without doubt is the bus ride in the morning. Half an hour of sitting in the empty seats (I think they're supposed to be uncool or something) at the front with your ipod on and indulging in just thinking and the wonder of solitude.

You have at least 11 books on your bedside table. So many choices..

You keep wanting to muck around with your post because you feel like you've missed a lot.

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
-->
When you rework the same simple math problem in your homework assignment about 20 times because you just can never be satisfied/sure of your answer.

Perhaps this is just me.

TipicoTipoC

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:28 PM
-->
- when you can't find somebody who is worth tellig him your thoughts

- when you don't want to look arrogant letting the people know what do you feel about telling them your thoughts. Being arrogant seem to be a bad thing in social life for what you have learnt about social life so far

-when looking for perfection you tried always telling the true, then you realised that social life doesn't work that way. There are people who seem to have feelings and don't like the true

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
when you have to wait till you're 53 till you find someone worth telling your thoughts ...

welcome Eloise and TipicoTipiC

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
when it takes you over two minutes to notice that the durable, affordable rain jacket youre currently checking out is an awful neon yellow.

...on second thought, maybe it would've gone good with the neon blue pants i did buy. :o

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
when you have to wait till you're 53 till you find someone worth telling your thoughts ...
sad!

You know you're an INTP when you're surprised whenever you have an emotional response.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
It always amuses how quickly INTPs convert to INFPness when they discover that their feeling abilities are not completely atrophied. :p

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
sorry, I meant by "sad!" in a comradely/supportive/I-can-imagine-your-pain kind of way.

Top Bottom