• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
Today 1:22 PM
-->
when you're devastated to discover that your bestest friend in the whole world turns out to be an ESFJ but then you feel enormously grateful to her for helping you develop your social skills in high school (and discover that she's enormously grateful that you helped her to think)

Eigenspace

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You know when ur INTP when as a child u ask (santa) for a Chemistry set / Microscope / Telescope when ur peers want Action Men (Dolls for boys) and Pedal Cycles......

When in a train trying to calculating the distance between 2 tunnels by counting the seconds and guessing the trains speed....

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
Well de-lurked! Hi Eigenspace - hope you post more.

I loved my microscope and chemistry set - especially seeing as I was a child in the 60s and we had real chemicals in the sets!

Xel

When in the course of inhuman events....
Local time
Today 8:22 AM
-->
When the big dilema is stay indioors and deal with people or go outside (in the sun... with bugs) and not deal with people

Kat

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:22 PM
-->
- When your teacher tells you that the current theory about matter is that it is made up of smaller and smaller bits and eventually waves, and you ask him if that means matter doesn't exist at all.

- When you have only drunk alcohol twice ever, but drink energy drinks and alcohol at the same time just to see what happens, because someone told you it has interesting effects.

- When you are shocked by the realization that said alcohol actually makes you enjoy people's company, yet at the same time still try and observe yourself, and laugh at your own silliness.

- When you very nearly delete a whole post because you don't want to break a two-month lurking streak.

Or maybe that last one's just me...O_o

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 2:22 PM
-->
When people get really pissed off because you destroy things, to improve them.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
When you wander off alone at a party/wedding and explore the house the people are having it at.

When you MUST correct everything that is written. When it irritates the crap out of you when people act as an authority and are completely wrong. When you begin to go ENFJ and think these people should be shot (and have to complain to someone) and because you're upset you hit the sweets and plot against them instead of letting it go and playing games like you want to.

brain enclosed in flesh

Local time
Today 6:22 AM
-->
When you go to a family gathering and find yourself seated between- facing outwards toward the trees vs inward like everyone else- all of the men talking about politics and all of the women talking about babies and you have no desire to contribute to either conversation (although the men's conversation is slightly more interesting because it's interesting to hear viewpoints which differ from yours, just as a matter of perspective). Instead, you'd rather watch the insect who lands on the ground at your feet. What is it? Some sort of beetle, but what? You watch that beetle for who knows how long, thankful for a real diversion.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 5:22 AM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
^ Reminds me of me at a recent family reunion. Except that the men didn't talk about politics. They talked about computers (whilst glorifying the Windows OS), planes, and shooting badgers and gophers. And people wonder why I don't talk much...

Anling

Local time
-->
Instead, you'd rather watch the insect who lands on the ground at your feet. What is it? Some sort of beetle, but what? You watch that beetle for who knows how long, thankful for a real diversion.

This is why I had trouble in sports. The grass was always so much more fascinating. At least I never wandered off after a bug during the game.:o

hope

Local time
-->
When people ask questions repeatedly you tell them stfu
When you go camping you believe life is a sleeping bag
You did badly in tennis because you were trying to estimate the volume of the court
People tell you to show discretion when all you're doing is telling the whole truth
I herd u liek mudkipz

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
When people ask questions repeatedly you tell them stfu
When you go camping you believe life is a sleeping bag
You did badly in tennis because you were trying to estimate the volume of the court
People tell you to show discretion when all you're doing is telling the whole truth
I herd u liek mudkipz

When you wonder why hope has only posted 24 times in the past 3 months and then realise it's because s.he's been busy playing asteroids and moon lander and you think that is completely normal (and laudable!).

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
When you miss something for a good three hours.

I tried to log in,

several times.

I got locked out.

I told the system to send my info- somehow I entirely over looked it and I tried to log in with a new password.

A few hours later,

I notice my name looked particularly handsome and blunt.

Zero.

Just Zero.

On the info sent to my email it even says Username: Zero. At the beginning of the email it says: Dear Zero.

It does get through to an INTP- Eventually.

I wonder if this is why I don't get some jokes until a minute later.

Deleted member 1424

When you have a congenial memory surface in your thoughts. Upon analyzing the memory you realize it was in fact a dream you had years ago, but had apparently miscategorized as real. Then the paranoia sets in.

Yay 500! *sigh* I'll never get a user title

didyouknow

Local time
Today 10:22 PM
-->
^ You didn't realise it was a dream till someone else pointed it out to you.

When you say things in conversation that you expect to be common knowledge before realising it was an idea you came up with.

Apologies if this came up already, it is a freaking massive thread.

brain enclosed in flesh

Local time
-->
^ You didn't realise it was a dream till someone else pointed it out to you.

Wow, yes. Oh so very much.

I don't know how INTP this is, but here's one: I discovered at the age of three that Santa wasn't real but I pretended for seven more that I believed it because I didn't want to let my parents down. I was never disappointed about it myself

severus

Local time
-->
I found out the Easter Bunny wasn't real when I wrote him a note, asking him if he was a boy or a girl. (I had forgotten Peter Cottontail.) My mother used an ink pad and marked "girl" with the heal of her hand, like a paw print. At first, this got me and I was convinced "she" did exist. After awhile though, I remembered his name was Peter, and realized that the proof of his existence had turned against him now!

...It was kind of on topic....

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
^ You didn't realise it was a dream till someone else pointed it out to you..

I definitely relate to this.
I'm not sure what parts of my childhood are real and which were dreams. I once told my mother of a time my brother chased me around our grandmas house and beat me up. I asked if they remembered that, but no one had any idea what I was talking about.

My parents never let me believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny. I was the kid who made the other kids cry. They told me they didn't want me to believe in those fictional characters, because they were afraid once I found out they lied to me I wouldn't trust them and I would associate the fictional characters with God.

My parents were as honest with me as they could be. I guess it was a sin to lie to someone, even if they were a child. Even with all that effort, I began to doubt God when I was a teen and no longer believe at this point. Though I try to keep up a front for their sake. It's kind of like God has become my later life Santa.

Artifice Orisit

It's kind of like God has become my later life Santa.
*threads a violin with his own heartstrings and starts playing*
That sentence was just... beautiful.
Put it in your sig, please, it's art, I'm not being sarcastic.

-When you got to an art gallery, ignore the art, instead spending hours walking around finding those explanation panels they stick on a wall next to an artwork and studying them.
(I believe art is in the idea, not the bright colours splashed across a canvas)

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->
- When people around you say 'I know what you mean' with emphasis on 'know' and surprise in their voices.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->
When you continously insult people jokingly.

Not sure, anyone else does this?

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->
*is unsure if snowqueen was being ironic*

When you enjoy inventing new ways of killing people.

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Does anyone have a problem looking at people in the face when they talk to you? People you don't know well. I've had this problem, I'm being very attentive although it probably doesn't look like it.

Ex-User (979)

Local time
-->
Yes I don't to look at people for very long because I think people take my expressionless facial expressions as either creepy staring or boredom so I don't look at people for too long I try look at the scenery but I am listening intently unless I really am bored.:D

Local time
-->
When everytime an airplane goes over head, you imagine world war 3 taking place. And feel extremely paranoid for a good 10-15 minutes. lmao

Ermine

Local time
-->
I actually speculate about that every time I see military planes in the air. Not so much for passenger planes or helicopters.

You know you're INTP when the O'Reilly Show drives you insane for reasons other than different political opinions. Argh!! Make it stop! Make it stop!

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
When everytime an airplane goes over head, you imagine world war 3 taking place. And feel extremely paranoid for a good 10-15 minutes. lmao

Ah, yes. I imagine bombings and possibly the deployment of a nuclear warhead. I live in the city and that's a prime bombing location, haha I'm insane.

Sugarpop

Local time
-->
- You secretly hope to the only survivor or one of very few survivors of a zombie infestation so you can explore public places - without the public - just like in I Am Legend.

Ermine

Local time
-->
That would be awesome if there weren't zombies. I could do without the zombies killing my dog. Maybe if it were a virus that only I was immune to. I'd set up camp in a book store with a nice cafe and music collection. I'd also try my hand at artful graffiti. :)

You've daydreamed that there was a hacking division in the armed forces.

Artifice Orisit

You've daydreamed that there was a hacking division in the armed forces.
If there was such a division for information warfare, why would the public know about it?

-You've daydreamed that there was a psychological warfare division in the armed forces, basically Hannibal Lector if he was a member of the SAS.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
When it's the 9th of August, Sunday night, the whole weekend has gone by. You come in and check the voicemail and it says 'you were called on the 6th August by ....'

Sugarpop

Local time
-->
When you apply the same deodorant every morning without realizing that it's been empty for a month.

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
When you apply the same deodorant every morning without realizing that it's been empty for a month.

Speaking of deodorant, for the first 3 years i used it I applied deodorant horizontally and not vertically. Strange...

Sugarpop

Local time
-->
- When you kill people so you can cut their faces off to wear as festive masks.

Loki

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing...
Local time
Today 7:22 AM
-->
- You cancel the house phone and all incoming calls on your cell phone MUST go to voice mail first.

- Your kids say "dad you're doing that thing with your eyes again" at least three times a day.

- You create a chair out of the piles of books in your "workshop" just so you can sit while avoiding the others in the house.

Jaico

(mono no aware)
Local time
Today 9:52 AM
-->
When you're excited to walk home from work, because it means you can walk slowly...to read more of that book you have in your hands.

Local time
-->
when sex is the 1st thing on your mind but your last priority

when it takes you an hour to come up with your username, another hour for the password

when you edit the same post 5 times in 1 minute

Local time
-->
when you wonder if cannibals eat people just to get high off INTPs

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
- You create a chair out of the piles of books in your "workshop" just so you can sit while avoiding the others in the house.
I want a workshop! Even a semi-legitimate one in quotes.

when it takes you an hour to come up with your username, another hour for the password
So this one time I was tripping, and I wanted to play Warcraft 3. But I didn't want to use my normal account, because I'd have to play automatched games against much more difficult people, and because friends & my brother might try to talk to me. So I had to come up with a new name! After a long time (how long it actually took, I have no idea) I just mashed numbers into the username box and used that.

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
This one got eaten a while ago, but I was pretty proud of it... (and I just found the piece of paper I wrote it down on in the middle of the night.)

...when you can't sleep for hours on end because your mind is stuck imagining (planning?) conversations where you're convincing other people you've traveled back in time.

...and it gets worse, because you're working out different arguments based on when and where you end up.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
when you're really excited to discover there are new INTPs on the forum while you've been away!

OK folks - turn away now if you have any lingering F in you:

You know you're an INTP when you think it would probably have been easier if your Mum had died rather than now coming to live with you for the foreseeable future. :phear:

I know - I am a bad bad person and I'll rot in hell but that's what I think. And this is the only place I can say that out loud. :evil:

On the other hand - the reason she's coming to live with me is because I couldn't live with myself if I let her go home and rot and die alone so maybe I'm not so bad after all ... :angel:

I just can't get idea that my life is ruined out of my mind though :rip: (see I knew that smiley would come in handy)

jonpz

Redshirt
Local time
-->
i registered with the forum just to say that my personal favorite was the 'when you use and/or more often than you use and and/or or' and the only one i never saw mentioned which seems quite obvious is 'when you read this thread and are floored by how many people are actually like you because you were heretofore absolutely convinced you were alone in this world.'

peace yall.
everyone here has made my week.

didyouknow

Local time
Today 10:22 PM
-->
-When you are lectured about doing the 'right' work and not your own freelance education.
-When after said lecture, you start to work, but due to fear of operant conditioning, make sure it looks like it doesn't have any effect.

James Black

Local time
-->
>.> I have a strong urge to compile all these, weed out the ones that don't apply to me as much, make them 1st person, and give the list to people so people can better understand all my weird little idiosyncrasies and stop bothering me.

So many apply to me. >.<

Salwan

Redshirt
Local time
-->
- Sometimes you wish there is an off button that turns your thought process off to let your brain cool down a bit.

Top Bottom