• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why did you pick your name?

WhoAmI

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:35 PM
-->
Because its the question of the meaning of life.....

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:35 PM
-->
I feel like snafupants captures my essence, my pith. It was actually quite clear once I realized I wanted to waste my time on a forum all day.

Excellent

Bloop beep bop.
Local time
Today 11:35 AM
-->
I just think it's a nice adjective. I use it when it's available.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
Today 2:35 PM
-->

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
Ha, I got it. Thanks, bananaphallus. lol. And you deleted your post. ...Or someone did.

DarkGreen

Mmm Tasty
Local time
-->
<-------- I do charicatures for people in their favorite color because it always manages to suit the person so I think colors are important. My favorite color is Dark Green and I thought it would suit me.

Night Runner

Redshirt
Local time
-->
"Night Runner" was my actual job title at one of my gigs in college. The job itself was horrible, but I liked the title, so I started using it as my online handle. I'm a nocturnal person and while I don't run per se, I like to take a long walk every now and then. There are also all kinds of meanings that can be inferred from it...

Fiddling Lass

Sassy Ace Friend
Local time
-->
It's one of the username ideas that I've taken a fancy to lately. Since I play the fiddle and yeah. :B

IzlaRoza

Local time
-->
I always have an easy time when it comes 2 making up usernames. I usually come up with a new one ever couple of months. For this specific name "IzlaRoza" is my way of spelling Isla Rosa, which means island rose in spanish. i was listening 2 this arabic instrumental song called Desert Rose and i thought, well there are no deserts around here so i chose to be Island Rose... but in spanish... Isla Rosa... spelled my way IzlaRoza

Agent of Chaos

The one you were warned about
Local time
-->
Why did I pick this name?
First of all it has nothing to do with Get Smart (Lots of people automatically think that at first).
Second, most people only think of chaos being a state of utter confusion or a confused mass or mixture but those are not the only meanings (even though they are appropriate most of the time).
The definition of Chaos that I find works best- the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex natural system (in other words Life is Chaos).
And agent means to represent a person or thing.

Besides, I think it sounds great and I use it online as much as I can.

:evil:

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
Why did I pick this name?
First of all it has nothing to do with Get Smart (Lots of people automatically think that at first).
Second, most people only think of chaos being a state of utter confusion or a confused mass or mixture but those are not the only meanings (even though they are appropriate most of the time).
The definition of Chaos that I find works best- the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex natural system (in other words Life is Chaos).
And agent means to represent a person or thing.

Besides, I think it sounds great and I use it online as much as I can.

Yes, yes. It seems most have no knowledge of the actual theory of chaos. It explains how we can't predict the future in an entirely deterministic system (not that we really have a deterministic system... QM disproved that).

Agent of Chaos

The one you were warned about
Local time
-->
Yes, yes. It seems most have no knowledge of the actual theory of chaos. It explains how we can't predict the future in an entirely deterministic system (not that we really have a deterministic system... QM disproved that).
I find that most of those that think chaos only means extreme confusion and disorder are the ones that look for order and/or guidance in some of the stranges places (organized religion, astrology, etc...I'm not putting them down, just not my style).
Life is a balancing act between order and chaos, to much of either one makes life as we know it impossible.

We are all agents of chaos and order even though most do not realize it. Maybe it's a quirk (or perk) of being a INTP but seeing things in this light really annoys a lot of people, which of course I find endlessly humourous.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
I find that most of those that think chaos only means extreme confusion and disorder are the ones that look for order and/or guidance in some of the stranges places (organized religion, astrology, etc...I'm not putting them down, just not my style).
Life is a balancing act between order and chaos, to much of either one makes life as we know it impossible.

We are all agents of chaos and order even though most do not realize it. Maybe it's a quirk (or perk) of being a INTP but seeing things in this light really annoys a lot of people, which of course I find endlessly humourous.
All very true.

And indeed, quite humorous.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->

DesertSmeagle

Banned
Local time
-->
I tought id combine two cool things...a Desert Eagle and Lord of the Rings...but i think i spelled smeagle wrong but its still awesome.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
I tought id combine two cool things...a Desert Eagle and Lord of the Rings...but i think i spelled smeagle wrong but its still awesome.

o ya and how do i make posts? i have alot to talk about since everyone judges me in real life.
No problem friend. It is spelled correctly. Awesome name, by the way.

On the forum area you want to post in, there is a button that says "New Thread." That is the secret to spilling you guts on your beliefs, ideals, and how much you hate everything (if, of course, you hate everything, but the former two are somewhat obligatory).

DesertSmeagle

Banned
Local time
-->
No problem friend. It is spelled correctly. Awesome name, by the way.

On the forum area you want to post in, there is a button that says "New Thread." That is the secret to spilling you guts on your beliefs, ideals, and how much you hate everything (if, of course, you hate everything, but the former two are somewhat obligatory).
alright cool thanks..and yes, i have alot of garbage i need to talk about, mainly how much the world sucks...and yes, i do hate mostly everything.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
alright cool thanks..and yes, i have alot of garbage i need to talk about, mainly how much the world sucks...and yes, i do hate mostly everything.
Ah. That should make your posts quite interesting, I believe. I look forward to reading them.

chilidog

Local time
-->
mine's pretty easy to figure out :)

Malkkev

Redshirt
Local time
-->
One of two main names I have used for ages especially in gaming. Stems from a fictional clan name who's description fit me well in my angst filled teenage years. I much the opposite of it now. :)

"At first glance, the members of Clan Malkavian do not appear to be a clan at all; they are chosen from all races, creeds and social strata. But Malkavians, regardless of mortal standing, bear one disturbing commonality: They are all quite mad. Whether from the clan's choice of victims, the circumstances of the Embrace, or some property in Malkavian blood itself, all Malkavians go insane shortly after the transformation (if they were not insane to begin with). Accordingly, many Malkavians find themselves pariahs, ostracized by a vampiric society fearful of their random urges and capricious whims. Wiser Kindred, however, prefer to keep the madmen close at hand: Behind the Malkavians' lunatic cackling and feverish rantings lie smatterings of insight, even wisdom."

babrock

Local time
-->
1 Off and on for most of my adult life i have djed on collage radio station and I rocked. Get it? And my actual given family name is ...cock instead of ...rock.

2. Here is a joke involving my name. As i said t last sylable of my given name is "cock". I lived in t Philipines for a couple years. People there generaly are quite polite such that they smile and nod at most things reflexivly.

Whenever I gave my name, for some reason my first naome wasnot heard at all and t entire thing usually ended up being misheard as "Bob Cock".

This was an error of coarse and so I corrected them on this matter. I would tell them "It's not Bob. It's big".

And invariably their responce would be to look up at me and nod and smile.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 5:35 AM
-->
The Gopher why...? Because I have great destructive power! or when a fight starts I go underground and leave the rest of the world to it's it's... whatever I don't care.

I seriously don't have a clue.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Tomorrow 5:35 AM
-->
Was looking at the keyboard one day...

Infernus1349

Gaultier Metalhead
Local time
Today 7:35 PM
-->
Because it reflects some of my musical interests.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
It's a Futurama character who was rabidly obsessed with Star Trek, claiming to be the biggest fan in the universe or something like that (from the episode: Where No Fan Has Gone Before). I figured it fit my personality.

I kinda wish I'd taken the time to think of something better, but at the time I didn't know I'd end up taking this forum seriously.

mayumi

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 2:35 AM
-->
my opposite

Zique

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:35 PM
-->
First thing that came to my tamed brain lol

orion

Chill
Local time
Today 10:35 AM
-->
i usualy use xevos it was a toy name from when i was little and i thought it was cool and im to lazy to come up and memorize something eles and i picked orion cus its my real name

Coolydudey60

Banned
Local time
Today 9:35 PM
-->
I picked mine cause it's like I'm a cool dude and it rhymes: cooly-dudey-60

Intiguous

Pinophyta
Local time
-->
My username is a word that I came up with on my own.

I am not 100% sure of the definition, but I have a general idea. I wish I could say that I was inspired by something meaningful, but the truth is the word came to me in a dream... A dream with Carlton and Will from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Yes, that is true. Carlton was giving Will advice as a wannabe bartender who served mostly non alcoholic beverages at a snack counter. He was giving Will advice about women and used a word similar to intiguous to describe the current dilemma Will was facing. That's basically it.

It was quite funny and would have probably made a great episode. The word oddly fits me very well, too.

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
-->
Well originally it was supposed to be Dark, but since I am way to accustomed to things capitalizing the 1st letter of a name, I am not capitalized, yah!:confused:

Dark is an adjective I think :confused: and I like adjectives :confused: I think. Usually all my user names are descriptive of a form, except my Xbox live account with is a noun, and the idea of darkness is such a fun idea, since most the known universe, or not so known, is covered in darkness. Also I was in the dark when coming up with it. And it spells krad backwards, which is completely insignificant, sounds like a bad food additive.
My real question is, did I pick it or did it pick me?

Deridaburi

Local time
-->
Deridaburi is an obscure spelling of an obscure Shinigami from Death Note. I picked it for a game a while back and it stuck.

Glordag

Pensive Poster
Local time
-->
Some odd 14 years ago I used to use "Raistlin" as my nick for everything (I was young and I loved Dragonlance, what can I say?). I tried to play Warcraft II on the Heat gaming service, and it didn't allow duplicate account names. I was angry and decided to come up with a name that I would never encounter the problem with again. I suppose the orcs from Warcraft II gave me the inspiration for Glordag. :D

Top Bottom