• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why did you pick your name?

Cati

Space Ninja
Local time
Today 2:26 PM
-->
I was getting tired or my usual nick and I couldn't think of something awesome at the moment (I always come up with the best names away from a computer), so I used the first 4 letters of my name.

Ezro

Couldn't think of a good title...
Local time
-->
Well my RL personal nickname is Zero:(, but someone here is already called Zero, and I didn't want to be Zero_22422542, so I just switched the first 2 letters.

HecticRat

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:26 PM
-->
It's an anagram of "Architect", a user name that tends to be taken.

shadowdrums4

wierd drummer kid
Local time
-->
Well I wasn't very creative with this at all. My nickname has been Shadow for a really long time and I drum a lot. The 4 came in because I always say I have the mentality of a four year old. My friends know that I regress sometimes to have more fun because normally I'm quiet and tense all the time. I don't like strangers and stuff, but if I want to play at mcdonalds and stuff I go into my little kid mode and then I'm fine. Sometimes it takes me a little while to turn it off though. haha

The other reason is because at some point I want to have a drumming company, I would call it Shadowdrums. I've thought of designs and stuff before. I even have the first product in my head (which is rather silly but I know people would buy it) I have a second product thought up but I'm waiting for science to invent magic first. :D

Me So Charlie

A Bit of Fluff
Local time
-->
Charlie was a lover and probably the only person who I've not had to apologize to for being the way I am.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 9:26 PM
-->
Different avatars for different words. The relations help me remember the words.

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
Today 11:26 AM
-->
comsumerism ftw? :slashnew:

nim

starquaker.
Local time
-->
It means "white" in Sindarin. I once had a Tolkien phase. Yep.

Double-Think

Local time
-->
Doublethink - "the act of simultaneously accepting as correct two mutually contradictory beliefs" ah, George Orwell you've got to love him!

RedLoki

Awesomeness
Local time
-->
I always picked the name Redshift, which I still like to use a lot. People have told me it's very memorable, easy on the tongue, strong sounding name and it's about physics! (which most people don't know)

But I always loved the name and mythology behind Loki. He was a real trickster and troublemaker, he tricked his way to becoming a god. If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is. If it were not for Loki, then a lot of change would not have happened and the lore would be a dry borefest.

I combined the two to make RedLoki.
I just realized I created my account on April 1st... beyond words to describe how awesome that is to me.

Anchorite

I trusted you Steve Guttenberg!
Local time
Today 1:26 PM
-->
ANCHORITE - one who lives in seclusion (usually for religious reasons)

Belph

Local time
Today 9:26 PM
-->
Belph comes from a demons name Belphegor or Beelphegor. He's supposed to represent the so called deadly sin Sloth. Figure it out.

ckm

still swimming
Local time
-->
ckm - Three letters, without intended meaning.

However, three meanings have been read into this:
[BIMG]http://www.gemaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/12_ckm_2007_okladka1.jpg[/BIMG]
ckm = see kay em = she came
catching killer mermaids

none of which are of my creation.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
I was in a paintball team in school and we gave each other silly nicknames. One guy was named Scunge monkey and he named me Puffa Sloth. Puffy is just short for it because Puffa Sloth seems a bit childish now, ah well I was a child at the time :p

WeAreTheStrange

shoryuken!
Local time
-->
The name i chose is a title of a stop motion indie movie ( that premiered in Sundance) directed by a man known as M dot Strange. I love that movie because of how "strange" and different it is; add that to the fact that almost everyone i have ever met has at some point or another said that i am a very strange person. The funny/messed up part is that when i ask them why they think i'm strange they tell me they don't know... -_-

( My first post! yay! =D )

Mike72

Mike72
Local time
-->
Well... Mike is actually the shortened english translation of my real name + I like it AND it's my name in my childhood fantasy... (Yes, I'm still a child, so you do the math :P) As for the 72, it's my fav. number... Yeah, I know, it must sound a bit strange having a fav. number... But once, when I was like 4 or 5, I thought why the colours don't have an order? I mean, the alphabet has an order, the numbers have an order, why don't colours then? So I made one up! Still follow it when I prepare stuff for school... And then, when I was... 9, I think? I thought a simmilar thing - why don't people have a fav. number? Fav. colours, fav. food, drinks... Some even have fav. letters! But why not numbers? And in that moment, from nowhere came the "elegant" 72... And it's been my fav. number since than...

Nothing

or everything who knows?
Local time
-->
I enjoy using nothing to demonstrate something. This proves that it is in fact not nothing but something, leading to a natural conflict.:confused:

(it was just something I happened to be thinking about at the time I registered):cool:

Keary

The guy no one knows
Local time
Tomorrow 5:26 AM
-->
I either use the name of a character that is in a story that I am writing (Keary being an example) or use my middle name along with the year of my birth and the year that I made the account. So really there's no deep hidden meaning behind the usernames that I use.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
My name is Cory James Christopher O'Brien. The whole thing seemed excessive.

Polychrome

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:26 AM
-->
The definition of Polychrome is: Having many colors

I picked it because it's the name of a character from the original Oz books by Frank Baum, which I loved as a child. Polychrome is the rainbow's daughter, and even though she's an airhead, she has a cool name with a definition that I can interpret to apply to me...so I took it.

Spectrum

Sith
Local time
-->
The world is just one hug spectrum for me to analyse and understand. I like the word, so why not?

Mondorius

Oh..?
Local time
-->
Didn't give it much thought, because if I did, I would've spent ages thinking about it and never created an account. :phear:

Anyways, it's something I came up with on my own. Mondo sounds similar to Monde and also Mundo which means world in french and spanish respectively ( not sure about the spanish spelling ). The rius part is just because I'm into fantasy, games and whatnot and it kind of felt like it could be a person's name when I came up with it.

Dunno

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:26 PM
-->
When I register on a forum, I always (or almost always) choose a new username. This time, I had no idea. At all. I thought, "I don't know", so I chose Dunno. It looks like a mix of Dunhill (a cat in a comic I read some times ago) and Mello (in the manga Death Note), but it just comes from the fact that I had no idea while registering here.

Local time
-->
I'll be honest, I guess my INTUITION was working, am i rite guyzzzz, cause it's kind of weird, yesterday I was feeling a bit grumpy and tired and I googled "having to dumb yourself down in conversation"

The second result was http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=4250 and what I read really reminded me of how I felt. I'd spoken to my brother about acting different infront of different people and he called me a sociopath with all honesty. I've always respected his opinion and began to question whether I was one or not. I now assume I'm probably not a sociopath, I'm just me.

GarmGarf and preilemus posts reminded me of things i'd forgotten about a long time ago. I remembered feeling shame in being smart in school and trying to supress myself. One time, maybe the first I vividly remember was when I was about 5 in year 1 and Healthy Harold the talking Giraffe had come to teach us about healthy eating at school. I was at the front of the bus, next to the supposed talking giraffe... anyway he's doing his thing teaching all 20 kids about the magic of food and exercise and all that when I decided to grab the puppet and say "It's fake!", something we weren't supposed to mention or realise, I remember a few kids cried. I don't know why I did that, what did I care? I'd never gotten into much trouble before, but my teacher was furious and marched me into the old-kids classroom and made me stare at the wall infront of them. I remember being pretty humiliated. That might have something to do with keeping my shit to myself from then on. Even now I don't like sharing my work, fiction or non-fiction.

Fast forward to high school, I was in top level maths from kindergarten to year 9 when suddenly instead of being allowed to find the answers myself, I'd get in trouble and get PUNISHED in maths class for SOLVING THE ANSWER with the 'WRONG METHOD'. I shit you not I failed math after year 9 because I either didn't show/use working, or used 'INCORRECT' working to find the CORRECT answer. What the FUCK? This really pissed me off because I thought any method to find the correct answer is as good as another. I was proven wrong by being given detention after shouting matches with my teacher. You live and learn.

Then in year 12 Biology with my thirst for learning at an all time low, I had a teacher who I felt did not like me no matter what I did. She would always be rude to me, she wouldn't let me leave the class to goto the toilet (So I left anyway and she locked me out, SUCKED IN YOU CAN'T LEARN BLADDER BOY!)

I began to notice I was getting answers wrong when other kids in my class had written the same thing, huh, that's odd I thought! A friend of mine had stolen exam's answers for no reason and decided to give them to me which I was pretty happy about. Come exam time, I put the answers in my shirt and memorize as many as I can before the exam. I write most down but forget the rest, I give myself 17/20 for the multiple-choice and I estimate 70-80% for the rest of the exam after putting wrong answers in randomly.

I got 41%, and 17/20 in the multiple choice. Haha I hated that cunt of a teacher.

I recognised I fitted the pattern of an INTP, registered the name cause I wasn't sure but I was pretty sure. Took some test I saw in some guys sig, saw I was right (like always, am i ritetttttt) and the rest is history

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
To your spoiler: Mebbe it's a case of learning to "bear fools gladly."

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:26 PM
-->
Because Melkor is the colour of my soul.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:26 PM
-->
Glue-bag.

Grunge

Doodle-Squire
Local time
-->
I needed a username for Steam at one point and couldn't think of anything but my favorite genre of music...I then started picking Grunge for everything from various forums, to in-game names >.<

Scylla

Eye En Tee Jay
Local time
-->
I've always loved the name Scylla and the myth behind it. Nymph who was turned into a monster. Except I don't like the pronounciation "SI-la", so I just read it as Skilla. Say wut.

5k17

suspective
Local time
Today 8:26 PM
-->
I have been using "5k17" for years, so I don't quite know anymore how and when I came up with it, but I chose it mainly because although it does not have any specific meaning, it is highly interpretable. It may be leetspeak for "SKIT" (which might, apart from the actual word "skit", be an abbreviation/acronym, e.g. for "Stephen King - It"), or the k could be kilo, so 5k17 would be the number 5017, and I'm sure there are lots of other possibilities.

Moniker

Local time
-->
Normally my name is "WittyMoniker" but I had a feeling someone else would have the word witty in their name, so I went with plain old Moniker this time. Sometimes it's "Monicker" -- that's an accepted spelling and is closer to my real name Monica. But, anyway, it's cos I'm sarcastic and an ass sometimes, I guess.

Gather_Wanderer

Space Jokes.
Local time
-->
hmm....i can't remember exactly but i'm at least certain it has to do with a fat person.

Mondorius

Oh..?
Local time
-->
So is your avatar.

Jill BioSkop

Local time
-->
A blue-haired white-skinned character from "The Immortals' Fair" trilogy by Enki Bilal. I capitalised the S in case copyright ever came up. :kilroy:

Toon Scheur

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:26 PM
-->
My name would mean: Tony Torned in English. It's Dutch nickname I've been branded with for a long time. The first one I picked myself. Because we were making fun of trailer park folks back then and I thought that Toon is a typical trailer park name in Netherland.

Scheur (torn or torned or teared) came afterwards because when I went to the gym to work out, I put on my oldest and torned shirts. I took a liking to that name because it sounds like a real name, so......

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
So is your avatar.
I actually would like an explanation of that avatar.

My name: xx (for no reason), pb for paintball, dude because I'm a dude, and xx for no reason.

I actually hate this username. I don't even play paintball anymore. Wish I could get this username changed. This my true username, that I only use in one place. It quite frequently turns out to be symbols and numbers in other places:

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Stoic Beverage

has a wide pancake of knowledge
Local time
-->
I just made up a name. I use this profile name for just about everything where I wouldn't use my actual name.
It's never taken, I guess.

Daktari Ambaye

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Mine is in Swahili, which I've been (attempting) to teach myself, simply because I want to. I've had many aliases, but there is one that's kind of stuck to me (long story). This is the Swahili translation of it.

Local time
-->
I love staying up late at night (as any other INTP lol) and I like that feeling you get when you look at the clock and say "Oh, it's already tomorrow... Or today?" and everything is quiet out there (well, almost, except for the occassional car). And my name is Gino, I guess that was obvious, but anyway.

Top Bottom