• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why did you pick your name?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 9:31 AM
-->
ahh well I never did this so.

this is the type of gopher I am talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K35_Strela-10

The Gopher why...? Because I have great destructive power! or when a fight starts I go underground and leave the rest of the world to it's it's... whatever I don't care.

I seriously don't have a clue.

Lies, lies! Gopher, why have you attempted to deceive us, my son!? In the name of heaven I must rain brimstone upon thee!

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 7:31 AM
-->
man I have a bad memory. *goes under ground to hide from the brimstone* I should add this to the thread about absentmindedness. So I guess I forgot that I didn't forget?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 9:31 AM
-->
Just keep digging yourself deeper sonny boy-o!

I haz super mutant ferrets. :twisteddevil:

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
and I use my attack dog that eats super mutant ferrets.

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
-->
Whoever guesses why I choose me gets a cookie.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 4:31 PM
-->
Whoever guesses why I choose me gets a cookie.
You didn't choose "me." You chose Jesse. You chose Jesse because your real name is Gloria?

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
-->
The Gopher is sadly correct. Although if my name was Gloria I can use the war cry: To Glory...hole

Have a cookie.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
The Gopher is sadly correct. Although if my name was Gloria I can use the war cry: To Glory...hole

Have a cookie.
The cookie is not going to help me. If your name is really Jesse I'm going to have to accept that though the odds are way against any one person being named with that name. Be well Jesse.

On 2nd thought, did you really pick "Jesse" or did your parents bring that about without consulting you?

Gather_Wanderer

Space Jokes.
Local time
Today 3:31 PM
-->
It was based off of something my cousin once said to me (It was funny when he said it.....), and at the time of my membership initiation, I couldn't quite think of anything that immediately appealed. I remember sitting in front of the computer for an about an hour--actually it was probably more than that--but I couldn't come up with anything. Originality is important and I just went with it, tired from struggling with creativity at that moment. Since then I have regretted it. Sometimes I imagine someone addressing me in a stimulating conversation and they go, "No...err... buttbutt, that's not quite what I meant", I facepalm every time.

Why am I even imagining myself incompetent anyway?

I want change.

Gather_Wanderer

Space Jokes.
Local time
-->
so why did you pick this name?
It's ideally what I would want to do for rest of my life. Continue to learn about things while wandering into new lands. I do hope (and intend if I have any chance of it) to take these travels outside of Earth. Whenever I have the chance to go anywhere, I go.

....Unless it's a strip club. Then I just sort of trudge along until it's all over and I'm driven home. (Referring to last Saturday night, when I was invited out for the second time by friendlies from work. It's difficult to say no without reason or "excuse", especially when you've taken a liking to some people, and I have this tendency to mostly answer yes when people invite me places. That's where most of my experiences have come from thus far, seeing as how I'm not rich and can't exactly purchase plane tickets on a whim and go where I want... Which is Montreal, at the moment.)

poppi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
my hairs red like a poppy and someone else used poppy already

Audentia

is a logophile
Local time
Today 1:31 PM
-->
The land of stunning sunsets and sunshine
I really liked it. I'm into roman history and Audentia means courage in latin aka roman which is significant to me and it sounds pretty too.

gruesomebrat

Biking in pursuit of self...
Local time
-->
This has been my default handle since I started on the Internet. When I was trying to come up with my first email address, I had been unable to think of anything that I considered original. My mother asked what I was doing, and when I explained my dilemma (I was 12, it seemed like a big deal...), she asked me, "What is it that your Opa says to you every time we go visit him?" I answered, "'You grew some, brat.' Why?", and her response was "What's wrong with using that?"

The rest is history. Personal history, but history nonetheless. I decided to change the spelling a little, because at the time, I was at a stage where word plays and puns were immensely interesting to me.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Well, after a lot of deliberation, I figured I should go with CoryJames. It sounds retro, but at the same time hip and jive. I figured people would spend an extra three seconds trying to figure out the inside joke with my handle, which makes me e-cool.

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 11:31 PM
-->
Well, after a lot of deliberation, I figured I should go with CoryJames. It sounds retro, but at the same time hip and jive. I figured people would spend an extra three seconds trying to figure out the inside joke with my handle, which makes me e-cool.

Or we'll just automatically assume it's your name.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
Indigo is a useful dye and an attractive color. Fireflies are one of my favorite insects, despite being rather stupid. Indigofireflies sounded rather neat.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
We should experiment for a way to change fireflies naturally produced light to the color indigo. If we can manage that, chocolate milk cows will not be far behind.

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
Perhaps if scientists experimented on the phosphorous element that gives fireflies their glow, they could also make them switch different colors.

Strawberry milk cows all the way.

Or banana milk cows.

... or fireflies that you can milk banana milk from. The possibilities...

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Or fireflies who milked specific types of different milk cows based on color coding. Dark brown flies for chocolate milk. Pink flies for strawberry milk. Green flies for mintchip milk. Khaki flies for coffee milk. Yellow flies for banana milk.

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
Or if you could somehow cross-breed a cow and a firefly [no one rule 34 that] you could come up with a firefly cow that could fly, and if you combine the aforementioned changing colors, you could milk different flavors depending on her color.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
You sir, are a genius. I like the way you think about cows and fireflies and milk.

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
It's ma'am, but thank you all the same. The fact I'm hungry may have something to do with it.
We have gone horribly off-topic.

gephura

Local time
Today 10:31 PM
-->
This was my name on another forum I was on in my early teens. It means "bridge" in Ancient Greek and I felt really smart for using it. I remind you again that I was 13 at the time.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
And how old are you now? Not to be a creep...and sorry House, I have become accustomed to believe that females on the internet were not but a myth.

gephura

Local time
-->
And how old are you now? Not to be a creep...and sorry House, I have become accustomed to believe that females on the internet were not but a myth.

22. It's on my profile, so you could've been a creep, checked it out there, and I would never have known. So kudos for asking.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I am not much of a creep. Not my best skill set. I am a bit old fashioned, blunt, pretty direct. I don't have time to fuck around, sabes?

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->

I know, right? There's actually quite a lot of us. O.o And we aren't all fat, either. :p

gephura

Local time
-->
I am not much of a creep. Not my best skill set. I am a bit old fashioned, blunt, pretty direct. I don't have time to fuck around, sabes?

I don't think that is a bad skill set, actually.

I know, right? There's actually quite a lot of us. O.o And we aren't all fat, either. :p

I actually found it weird that there were so many guys here (although you turned out to be a girl), and wondered if I accidently joined a boys-only forum.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I stand corrected.

Some of us guys aren't creepy old pedophiles, and not all of us guys sit around naked at our computers playing with our balls, either. (Only once in a while).

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I actually found it weird that there were so many guys here (although you turned out to be a girl), and wondered if I accidently joined a boys-only forum.

I now this wasn't directed at me, but HOW CAN YOU TELL! Share your secrets, she witch. Maybe I am just completely dumb, but for some odd reason, I can never tell. We should have an indicator, I say!

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
Then this might turn into a dating site.
Woo! Internet girls unite! *internet high-five* :D

gephura

Local time
-->
What is it exactly you can't tell? If a user is a girl or a boy? Or if it's a boys-only forum?

Answer 1: I can't tell the difference myself. As with indigofireflies. Although the username should've tipped me off, I suppose.

Answer 2: There were threads like "confessing your love" which were all boys asking tips for girls. And there were more threads like this.

Then this might turn into a dating site.
Woo! Internet girls unite! *internet high-five* :D

internet high-five made me laugh :)

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Yes, its not like it really matters a whole lot, I guess, and it doesn't really change the respect factor for me, if they are a boy or a girl.

I suppose it would just be interesting, at least to me, to see the differences in opinions and experiences between male and female INTPs, if there even are any.

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
Considering you have only just figured out I am, in fact, a chick?
Probably not many.
Maybe I should choose a more feminine avatar. I don't particularly like androgyny.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
And I don't particularly like feeling like a douche for a calling a girl sir.

indigofireflies

Observer of things
Local time
-->
I consider it a compliment. The more feminine you are, the higher likelihood you have of being associated with stereotypical traits such as weakness, over-emotional, fragile, etc.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
So it would offend you if I began referring to you as my "cute little porcelain doll?"

NeverSayMyName

Dreamer Deceiver
Local time
Today 9:31 PM
-->
I nicked it from a song title. And I happen to like it a lot!

I usually use a different nickname though. But this one is more... let's say mysterious and original.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
I also nicked it from a song title. It's a song by Devo. And since I'm into thinking about reality, space, dimensions, and enjoy reading about psychedelic trips, I felt like this was a nice name.

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
Today 1:31 PM
-->
Hmmm... My name was chosen because it symbolizes me in a more-than-perfect way. Nocturne practically means night music. My love for music is equal to my passion for the moonlight at the evening. so.... yup. that's it :)

Top Bottom