• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Where are you from?

shadowmouse

Time? What is this?
Local time
Today 2:32 PM
-->
A) My mind resides somewhere between an acid trip and wormhole alien.

My body is in Salt Lake City, Utah.

They rarely ever meet.

B) I'm ambivalent. Anywhere with access to books works just as well for me. Good food here though for some reason.

C) The mormon stereo-type.

Last edited:

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 1:32 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Ermine, that's SOUTH and WEST parts of VA. In northeast VA where Jesin and I live, it's pretty heavily suburban.

Oh, I'm from Manassas VA.

Oh, and it has hit 70 degrees in the middle of February. What. The. Hell. This is not normal. I enjoy SNOW during my winter, KTHXBAI...

I know. I'm just going with the negative stereotypes. I can't really think of encompassing stereotypes for central (where I used to live) and northern VA. So you enjoy snow? I'll probably have snow until April, and we had subzero temperatures in January. Still want it? :D I must say it was really fun going to Virginia Beach on New Years Day a couple times though.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 7:32 AM
-->
Sydney, Australia. I'm about 10 minutes' walk from the opera house! every day, but I sleep (mostly) in the suburbs.
I grew up overseas though, and only moved back here last year.

nemo

Local time
-->
Sydney, Australia. I'm about 10 minutes' walk from the opera house! every day, but I sleep (mostly) in the suburbs.
I grew up overseas though, and only moved back here last year.

Where did you grow up?

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I like the area where I live in, but I'd prefer where I used to live. There's a creek nearby that I really love. Overall, I think it's a pretty awesome place to be... Most of the time. :p

Ghost1986

Local time
Tomorrow 1:32 AM
-->
A-Where are you from..Okay I don't want an address children...just a country, city maybe...

portland oregon

B-Do you enjoy living there/ have a sense of identity due to it?

oh yes.

C- What traits/stereotypes do you beleive you are cursed/blessed with?

i am very lazy.
As for me

QSR

Local time
-->
1- Near Boulder, Colorado

B- Well I'm new to the area sort of, but I definitely enjoy it. More things to do here than in Kansas. I mean tourists come here from all over the world, so it's pretty cool in that respect. Plus there is a very strong liberal and entrepreneurial/high tech bias here that I appreciate.

III. Well I don't smoke pot (much) or snowboard.

As for the weather--we have a very long winter, but it's different than the Northern winters. First snow is in October, and last one is either in April or May. That's about 8 months of winter (watch this April, we'll get a major snowstorm that ONLY affects our state and nobody else.) But for instance it was 68 degrees and sunny here today. It's sunny about 6 days a week at least, which is nice. Summers are hot in the day and cool at night. It's nice living a mile high. No humidity to speak of. I love the West!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Nemo:
Ooh, Melbourne. You're not one of the ones that hate Sydney are you? I'm not sure if I could take that.

I grew up somewhere in Asia. I'd prefer not to state exactly where. Suffice to say it's westernised, advanced and efficient (that should narrow it a fair amount!).

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
-->
Nemo:
Ooh, Melbourne. You're not one of the ones that hate Sydney are you? I'm not sure if I could take that.

I grew up somewhere in Asia. I'd prefer not to state exactly where. Suffice to say it's westernised, advanced and efficient (that should narrow it a fair amount!).
JAPAN :eek:

Right?

Because, OMFG. I so want to travel there. :D

mm1991

Local time
Today 3:32 PM
-->
I'm from Illinois.......'nuff said.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 10:32 PM
-->
I'm from Illinois.......'nuff said.

What? You're not from there:
minis%2Bmm.jpg

?

And I guess you're not filled with chocolate? :(

---

Anyway, I'm from a small and very boring town in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
The people here have the reputation to be reserved, honest, reliable, stubborn and hard-working.
"Westphalians always tell the truth - but always at the wrong time."
Although I am not born here, I think and feel that I am a Westphalian.

Well, the environment here is very nice. Much nature to explore. And I like the typical weather here. Except for the Germans, Germany is a very nice place to be.

Oh, and some photos:

foto_image.php

foto_image.php

foto_image.php

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ha, I knew people would think Japan straightaway! It's not that or south korea. Info stops there until I become less paranoid.

Where're you from FF?

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
Tomorrow 4:32 AM
-->
Singaporean from Singapore here. Currently serving NS as admin assistant.

*waves at cheese*

We have two sorts of weather here. Hot. Hotter. We even get something called warm rain here. When you are unlucky enough to be caught in one its as if the entire sky is pissing on you.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hey Oblivious! That sounds awful. Better you than me :p

Local time
Today 9:32 PM
-->
I wonder if there are any people living in Iraq whom visit this forum.

the other one

Redshirt
Local time
-->
im from a cold wet seaside town in england calles st.annes

dwags222

Local time
-->
Jackson, WY. Located directly next to Grand Teton National Park and about an hour or so from Yellowstone. Pretty much amazing :) Too bad there isn't a good college here . . . it would be perfect.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I live in a town aptly named Failsworth.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 10:32 PM
-->
Pics or it never happened! :D

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Pics or it never happened! :D

Failsworth.jpg
:(

to answer the other questions.

Do I enjoy living here? - No, not really. Its dull and there is nothing of interest except "Failsworth Pole" Wooooooow... Oh and the place is populated with morons. (watch the vid to see what I mean)

Stereotypes - Well, there's the strong mancunian accent which I don't have. Everyone I speak to in Failsworth asks where I'm from as my accent isn't local yet I have lived here all my life lol

Also there are these kids everywhere... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/61126/

:mad:

Venture

Banned
Local time
-->
Forgive me if it's been done before...
I'm sure Lor will rectify it if thats the case...

-glares-

Just wondering.

A-Where are you from..Okay I don't want an address children...just a country, city maybe...

A) San Diego, California which is in The United States of America.

B) I could enjoy living somewhere else much more, though it is a fine city and area.
I think the reason I do admire it is because of the geography and location.

C) Surfing/Skateboarding culture, though I used to be in it, I now find it incredibly aggravating to even be around such people.

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
Today 4:32 PM
-->
A) West Virginia.
B) Yes, a strong identity- most of us do.
C) I'm more interested in what ya'll think the WV stereotypes are.

Thaklaar

Local time
-->
Houston, Texas, USA. Well, between Houston and Galveston. Originally from north of Seattle, Washington. Right on the Canadian border.
I enjoy living here very much. Sense of identity? I don't know. I wasn't born a Texan. I do find myself somewhat taken up by the local culture. Houston is a surprising cultural melange. Like everything else in my life, I try to just ignore the stupid bits.
I don't know that I have many stereotypes or traits from Texas. I've lived here less than ten years. And I've consciously or unconsciously shed many traits gained from living in the Pacific Northwest. I even own an umbrella now.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
I have noticed that this forum really slows down around 5pm Pacific Standard Time. Is that because most active members are in Europe?

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Awesome city if you have money. Even more awesome if you love to eat good quality authentic food. The food here is amazing. The weather is probably the best in Canada. Pretty mild for a northern city. People compare the weather here to New York. I would never move anywhere else in Canada. I wouldn't be able to stand the harsh cold of other Canadian provinces. Prior to living here I lived in California, so I love hot weather.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I've been considering moving to British Columbia.

Toad

Local time
-->
BC is very beautiful in the summer. Rains the rest of the time though. Can be kind of depressing.

sheepie

one of the sheeple
Local time
-->
I live in a town in Victoria Australia.

Do I enjoy living here?
Its okay, for now, there is nothing to do and we are being over run by bogans from a near by ex-housing commission suburb, but its close to Melbourne which is handy and the surf coast which is handier.

Stereotypes
the formentioned "bogan" (bleached hair, trackies, beanies, plaid shirts) and the whole cheap public school, suburbia thing is going on too, If you go on the out skirts there's a whole lot of "bush pig" out there as well.

Thaklaar

Local time
-->
I have noticed that this forum really slows down around 5pm Pacific Standard Time. Is that because most active members are in Europe?

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Awesome city if you have money. Even more awesome if you love to eat good quality authentic food. The food here is amazing. The weather is probably the best in Canada. Pretty mild for a northern city. People compare the weather here to New York. I would never move anywhere else in Canada. I wouldn't be able to stand the harsh cold of other Canadian provinces. Prior to living here I lived in California, so I love hot weather.
Man, I spent the first 2/3 of my life in Blaine/Bellingham right over the line from you. I've gotta ask, who on earth thought the weather there was similar to New York's?

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
A) Nigeria. Family lives in MA
B) It's ok, in MA. Would've preferred the west coast, though. ;-)
C) The usual, ESXJ personality that every African/black person ever HAS to have, or else they're psychologically damaged/mentally ill/possessed/WEIRD =/

ziggy

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I've lived in a number of places throughout Canada, but I currently reside in Calgary, and love it here.

The people are friendly, and the weather is mild. I can't complain!

brain enclosed in flesh

Local time
-->
A-Where are you from.. The midwestern United States but I've lived in a college town in Colorado for 15 years.

B-Do you enjoy living there/ have a sense of identity due to it? Not particularly. It's never felt like home. I'm pretty different than most of the people who live here.

C- What traits/stereotypes do you believe you are cursed/blessed with?
Everyone else here is either an elite athlete or outdoorsy or wealthy or a hippie. I am none of these. The last job I worked at everyone liked to point out how different I was. They kept on telling me I should live in New York. But I do like wandering around on hiking trails- I just don't have all of the gear and I feel little need to rappel or climb or 'do' some sort of sport.

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->

Toad

Local time
-->
love the new name, sly.

Red Mage doesn't seem to like it very much...

We're blood brothers now! HAhAHA

Edit: I tinted toad's picture red and this is what came out! I love my new toad avatar...

drumir93

Local time
-->
A-Where are you from?- I'm from a suburb of Chicago called Burbank, and I've lived here my entire life

B-Do you enjoy living there/ have a sense of identity due to it?- Burbank, no. Chicago, yes.
I hate the suburbs intensly due to the lack of culture, the terrible education, and all these little fat kids running around. But Chicago for me is everything I could want.It's loaded with parks, has the 2 tallest building in the western hemishpere, has fantastic food, is reletively affordable, and has good transportation.I've always been rather proud(if thats the proper word) of being from here.

C- What traits/stereotypes do you believe you are cursed/blessed with?
As an American, theres to many to count. As a Chicagoan/Illinoisan, I have no freakin' clue.

Citizen X

Local time
-->
Hmm

A-Where are you from..

I hail from an industrial city called Monterrey, in Nuevo León. That's a northeastern state in Mexico, couple of hours drive from the closest US/Mexico border (At the speed I drive). It was founded by Crypto-Jews fleeing from the Spanish Inquisition and latter inhabited by New Spaniards from Galicia, Asturias, Basque Country and Andalucia. The state itself is relatively well off, local lore has it that had we obtained our independence from Mexico (As it was planned in the 1800's) we would be a a small first world country, but I really don't know, nor care.

No, I don't and I'm actually thinking about moving out for good. I have lived in Europe; in Barcelona, Madrid, Paris and Berlin. I love Europe and the culture, there's no such thing here. The level of culture is downright depressive. The average number of books read here per year is of half a book (no kidding) by most of the population who prefer to waste the day away cheering at some soccer game. And besides there's also a horrible weather, it's a god damn BITCH, some days it's hot as all hell, some days it's raining, every day is a mess. There are some really nice girls here, though.

From the region, you mean? hmmm, I sometimes have a somewhat cowboysih accent, which is typical of men up here. I have been told that most of the "white people" in Mexico live in the north, and I am white, so I guess that's another stereotype. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Toad

Local time
-->
This thread was lost...and I found it!!

The search feature on this forum sucks.

Taprobane

Local time
-->
I'm from a village near Oxford, England. This means everyone thinks that I'm posh. This is true, I am a little bit. I'm sure I would sound it to most of you. Oxford itself is a fantastic city dominated by the university however it is now being over run by chav's which is rather ruining it.

idiosyncratic

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 4:32 AM
-->
A) another singaporean from singapore here!

B) yes its a great place to live - very safe and good food - but i feel this country doesn't allow one to fully spread their wings. and no, im not patriotic, at all.

C) stereotype? this is NOT a chinese country. Its a multi racial country. (not that im racist because i do have chinese blood in me anyway) its just that every tom, dick and harry will typically associate singapore with being a chinese country and i feel like the other races here deserves acknowledgement too. :)

Top Bottom