• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

does identifying with your "type" (particularly INTP's) bring you fulfillment?

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
Today 7:14 AM
-->
do you feel a greater sense of self-awareness?
do you feel a greater sense of understanding?
do you feel that MBTI has had a positive impact on your life?

or

do you feel more confused trying to figure out "who you are"?
have you found yourself forming biases against people of different "types"?
is your belief in MBTI worth it at all? (assuming, of course, you "believe" in it. so many quotation marks.)

how seriously does MBTI factor into your life?

why?

that is all.

here is a cute picture of two adorable puppies as you ponder these questions.

beep0.jpg

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
the picture didn't load

I've took the test looking for career-orientation and that was what I got. I always had a good "self-awareness", know how I want to be and how I trully am, know my feelings, what they mean, etc. The test just proved me right and the forums showed me that there are more people similar to me than I thought there was

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 9:14 PM
-->
Lately after understanding Jung's ideas on consciousness and unconsciousness a bit better, I have finally been able to learn something meaningful about myself that doesn't feel at all contrived, like a forer effect, or a personal pat on the back. Since I truly have no idea what MBTI is supposed to mean because Jung's concepts are completely ignored and replaced with group accepted anecdotal experience (is it then mostly a social experiment?), it probably doesn't make sense for me to answer your questions.

That said, I don't mean to be condescending in what I've said. I just don't know how to say it without being honest.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Today 12:14 AM
-->
I am still learning about MBTI. That aside. *sets that over there*

I have spent much of my life trying to figure out what is wrong with me, INTP is the first (self) "diagnoses" that has made me feel like/think that trying to understand what was "wrong" was the wrong thing to try to understand.

It is the first time there was a positive result to my self inquries instead of some illogical (paranormal) or scary (mental illness) reason for my being who I am.

Basically, it is the first time I have found an answer that seemed, and felt, like there wasn't anything the matter with me after all.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:14 PM
-->
^Yep. I think the benefit of MBTI for rarer, less conventional types is that it points out our 'wrongness' is simply a matter of statistics, and that any traits of ours which may be negative when set against the backdrop of a world comprised mainly of other types actually stem from roots which give us positive traits as well. Basically, it all balances out in the end.

Meer

Jermbl
Local time
Today 3:14 AM
-->
Yeah, MBTI has mostly shown me that people are all pretty equal, I guess. You could make a good argument for it, probably. And why sensors are so strange, like when they suggest shoplifting from a liquor store or shooting fireworks at cars for fun.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 2:14 PM
-->
At first it was a break through and I thought I was understood.

DREAMINESS EXPLAINED!
LACK OF ORGANIZATION EXPLAINED!
INABILITY TO TALK TO STRANGERS EXPLAINED!
APATHY EXPLAINED!
EMOTIONAL IMMATURITY EXPLAINED!
ECCENTRIC BEHAVIOR EXPLAINED!
SHITTY GRADES EXPLAINED!

Then I started noticing my differences from an INTP and typed myself IXTP. Then I questioned all the traits so I went XXXX.

In the end I am very much comfortable in my skin and observe everyone with MBTI. I tend to notice that as you learn more about a person by conversing you find it more difficult to type them.

They just seem like well adapted people with slight inclinations and preferences.

But I am much more comfortable with the judgements I make and blurt out. Often I would keep any weird thoughts I have hidden from the rest of the world but now I treat my thoughts as nickel. They may not be the best idea but a couple weeks later you got 2 dollars.

WanderMind

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:14 AM
-->
I felt a great relieve noticing that I was not just completely screwed person in a crazy world.
It still gives me huge amusement and ego boost to read through characteristics of an intp.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 8:14 AM
-->
At first it was a break through and I thought I was understood.

DREAMINESS EXPLAINED!
LACK OF ORGANIZATION EXPLAINED!
INABILITY TO TALK TO STRANGERS EXPLAINED!
APATHY EXPLAINED!
EMOTIONAL IMMATURITY EXPLAINED!
ECCENTRIC BEHAVIOR EXPLAINED!
SHITTY GRADES EXPLAINED!

Then I started noticing my differences from an INTP and typed myself IXTP. Then I questioned all the traits so I went XXXX.

In the end I am very much comfortable in my skin and observe everyone with MBTI. I tend to notice that as you learn more about a person by conversing you find it more difficult to type them.
This. (:
I still feel like I connect mostly with INTPs though, plus I don't really question my IN. It's just the TP that may vary a bit.

Local time
-->
I felt a great relieve noticing that I was not just completely screwed person in a crazy world.
It still gives me huge amusement and ego boost to read through characteristics of an intp.

What he said!

It may be that those who feel more uncomfortable with typing are those who aren't as heavily skewed. I feel like I;m so INTP it's not ven funny! Personally when I read through other types I find very little that I feel akin to (except when it's part of my own typing). When I read the INTP profile, it's like I've finally found a group where there is total acceptance.

ETA - A couple of tests that I've taken indicated my secondary type would be INFP. Well I'm definitely not spiritual. I observe social injustice, but don't get all fired up about it. In fact, while I believe that social injustice should be ameliorated, I do not believe it can be eliminated - by the very nature of humanity.

I don't have a strong insight into people's characters. I AM strongly egalitarian, and value people as individuals but I think this is an INTP trait too. I also like listening to people (but that's mostly because I like to hear about their ideas) and I do like to help people sort their heads out, but I think that comes from objective logical problem solving rather than 'Feeling'. So basically I really don't feel like an INFP in the slightest.

If you look at the INTJ profile, then the differences with INTP would be :
"May apply their judgment more often towards others, rather than towards themselves"
"May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault" - Nope don't do either of those. I always find more caveats and faults in my own ideas than other peoples.
"May believe that they're always right" - sometimes, but I am ALWAYS willing to explore my ideas and their problems with other people (as long as they're aren;t morons! :-P).

So not INTJ either...

Particle

Bazooka Tooth Dental
Local time
Today 2:14 AM
-->
Initially yes, I was elated by the fact that I was apparently like other people. That later evolved to where the genericized INTP description seemed to fit quirks that I began to notice about myself, and that brought me some satisfaction. Later it became more like a crutch where I felt a little trapped by the limitations often encountered by our type. Now, the honeymoon phase is over. Being INTP and knowing it to me now means that I understand myself better overall and am a lot more comfortable with what I see.

It is important to make sure not to let the type define your future decisions but rather explain the ones you make if what you decide happens to fall in line with general INTP style behavior.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
I've discovered a more fulfilling life through figuring out(presumably) my natural inclination in its most essential, unique and abstract form. I have a vision for my life now. It has also pushed me to analyze and develop myself and my own ways of development more thoroughly. It gave me an interest in other people as well. So far, so good.

Problems? ..perhaps with understanding political systems wherein I equate Authoritarianism to "J people" and Liberalism to "P people." It seems that I have made individual temperaments into collectives. I have a fairly strong belief that Liberalism is most effective in overall human advancement so...

also, I equate types into certain philosophies wherein I believe that a certain type's method of logic is fixed and therefore, not worth discussion with. For example, TePi's tend to be more about induction in terms of an appeal to a past and an appeal to an authority. Fi tends to be unable in distinguishing what detail is relevant and not, in the context of an argument. Ni'ers tend to assume specific points of view without addressing other possible points of view. They have a unique perspective but often, other views are not logically eliminated beforehand and no proof is shown. "J"'s are more "nationalistic", a value I am not very fond of.

Aside from that, my life has never been so quenched.

Local time
-->
Having shared a large part of my life, and certainly intend to continue to, with a ESTJ partner, has had its benefits, he grounds me somewhat etc etc has developed parts of myself that I found difficult etc etc I am currently revelling in the idea that some of my less 'normal' eccentricities, some of the criticisms he levels at me (not sticking with things etc), are not drawbacks at all, it has given me a fresh perspective on myself and greater self-confidence.

Finding a group of people I can identify with has been meaningful, I don't mind being 'strange' but it is strangely relieving.

That said, I only did a bunch of tests and started reading on this (MBTI) over the last 3 days, hardly enough time to comprehensively assess myself as INTP, and certainly I'm in some kind of honeymoon period over this 'discovery'.

Vecho

Local time
Today 9:14 AM
-->
I do find myself in a position where questions are raised so fast that contradictions start to show up in my answers. It's possible that because I can't identify myself as an INTP I got bored with this and now slowly I'm slowly moving towards searching and discovering my dream world. Maybe I got interested with dreams now because I think that I can find the answer to if I am an INTP or just it's really interesting.

Particle

Bazooka Tooth Dental
Local time
-->
Finding a group of people I can identify with has been meaningful, I don't mind being 'strange' but it is strangely relieving.

That said, I only did a bunch of tests and started reading on this (MBTI) over the last 3 days, hardly enough time to comprehensively assess myself as INTP, and certainly I'm in some kind of honeymoon period over this 'discovery'.

I'm pretty sure that's a fairly normal reaction. My honeymoon with discovering that I wasn't alone in my odd personality lasted for a couple of weeks. It's very relieving as you've noted.

You'll start to recognize things about yourself that you hadn't noticed before since they're listed as commonalities for us INTPs. Prepare to discover yourself at a deeper level.

Ultimately though, your life is still your own. Just don't get tied down to doing things that fit with the stereotypical description of INTPs when it comes to making a decision. It's important to continue to define your own life instead of letting the type do that for you. This seems to be a common problem we run into.

Haiduc

Local time
-->
I sometimes felt like I'd just been dumped in this mortal coil, thinking: "YEAH THANKS, AN EXPLANATION WOULD'VE BEEN NICE!"

For me, MBTI was that explanation.

A bit like when Sam Beckett quantum leaped. He had no idea what was going on until Al (read MBTI) turned up. Fortunately for early-90s tv audiences, Al didn't wait 28 years (as in my case) before finally showing his face. :)

I'm pretty sure that's a fairly normal reaction. My honeymoon with discovering that I wasn't alone in my odd personality lasted for a couple of weeks. It's very relieving as you've noted.

You'll start to recognize things about yourself that you hadn't noticed before since they're listed as commonalities for us INTPs. Prepare to discover yourself at a deeper level.

Ultimately though, your life is still your own. Just don't get tied down to doing things that fit with the stereotypical description of INTPs when it comes to making a decision. It's important to continue to define your own life instead of letting the type do that for you. This seems to be a common problem we run into.

Totally agree with this. Especially the last part. I started falling into the trap of doing things because they were INTP-ish, and I started using it to excuse my shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong, it's totally fun to explore as a theoretical concept, but I would advise trying to use it in a positive, pratical way, for example at work, school or in your social life. I've been trying to do that this last couple of years... and yes, I have found some degree of fulfillment in that.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
You know, sometimes I wonder if I am just trying to fill a certian definition, so that I have something to explain away my neuroses and my inconsistancies.

I wonder if I am just trying to fit in...

But is that really rational in any way? To wonder if I am trying too hard to fit in to a group (type) of people that, when it comes down to it doesn't fit in much really at all? I'm not sure if there is even a "group" of people at all, aside from you all (whom I have only started visiting again recently, and only found this year anyhow) so then I wonder how can I be trying to fit a group of misfits that may not actually exsist (outside of the internet) It could all be in my head. I am really digressing from what I was trying to say/ask/say. Sort of wandered away a bit.

I don't know, I do question why I am bothering.

The one thing though, that makes me feel better about it all is the fact that there may be other people who ask WHY with as much enthusiam.

I really do not not understand the lack of desire for understanding that seems to resound over most of everyone I meet, or even worse, a willingness to accept the first thing that seems it may make sense without any deeper or further investigation on the matter.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
I wonder if I am just trying to fit in...

I keep hearing about this problem, and I think it's because some have a rigid definition of the type. I think type is more than any description. It's not about observable behavior; it's about an internal cognitive pattern. You can behave in any manner[perhaps due to external and other factors] and still be of a certain type. What i'm trying to say is that it's too broad to even think of "fitting" in.

Local time
-->
This sounds like good advice and something I'd be liable to do. I've been revelling in my 'type characteristics' over the last few days, particularly allowing myself to be swept away in the current obsession, yep, MBTI types... I'll bring my head space back to earth again soon...

Don't get me wrong, it's totally fun to explore as a theoretical concept,
yeah, it's funny how INTP's are so interested in the systems of personalities theories... oh, wait... did I say system? How things fit together...?

but I would advise trying to use it in a positive, pratical way, for example at work, school or in your social life. I've been trying to do that this last couple of years... and yes, I have found some degree of fulfillment in that.
I guess this is really the key, its not about finding ourselves a box, but to analyse ourselves, with a fresh perspective... (well me anyway) how can I use these impulses to the better? What is unhelpful, why, and what can I do about it? (And to reflect on my ESTJ partner and that influence in my life, the way our types have shaped each other etc I am finding fastinating too)

PapyrusAirplanes

Solfege Maniac
Local time
-->
MBTI is something I'd grown up with, but that I finally started to "obsess over" in 9th grade. Since then, it's like an entire new world has opened up and I understand people so much more easily. Knowing other INTPs (and INFPs, INTJs, ENTPs, and ISTPs) has made life a beautiful thing. Somehow, knowing someone's Type (and, consequently, how he or she will take in, process, and evaluate both information and situations) is very comforting and helps me to know where the boundaries are (and are not).

... And it's nice to know why I'm a little off my rocker (and that there is an entire subgroup of humanity that also overuses parentheses).

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
Stumbling into mbti sent me to this place. It also gave me a framework to work off of as I tried to figure out how I tick. I was content with thinking of myself as an intp for...a year or so, maybe? Everything seemed to make sense, and I fit in here.

Then I took one of my vacations from the forum, away from people I thought I mirrored, and found that I am naturally much more in-tune with the emotional side of things than I gave myself credit for while I was here and thinking of myself as an intp. I'm also wicked intuitive about the thoughts and feelings of other people.

So recently I've come to the conclusion that I most closely adhere to the infj type, though there's still plenty of static concerning how closely I match up to it. So really, even though mbti set me on the path to self-understanding, in the end I ended up defining my own type rather than being defined by it. I take such labels very lightly now, since I'd rather not fall into the trap of warping myself to their requirements (it's a bad habit of my personality).

Glordag

Pensive Poster
Local time
-->
As others have said, I feel like MBTI gave me a way to understand myself a little better, and to realize that there are very real reasons for my differences and similarities from other people.

I've noticed that I do evaluate other people differently now, but I think this is a good thing. At first I wanted to "type" everyone, but now I realize that's sort of silly. What this process did for me, however, is develop how I get to know others. I think that, overall, I make less stereotypes about people than I did before I came across MBTI.

I would say that, in the initial stages, MBTI caused me to look down upon other types that I thought I did not like. Now, I think I actually have more respect for others.

No One

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I just found out that I am an INTP, Im also in high school so this explanation for why I am who I am really is satisfying. I am socially awkward mostly because of the I. Also now that I'm aware that I am INTP I catch myself analyzing and doing things that I read in the "You know you're an INTP when..." thread. Also with in the day that I found out I found this forum.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I just found out that I am an INTP, Im also in high school so this explanation for why I am who I am really is satisfying. I am socially awkward mostly because of the I.
lol, how exactly does knowing your type explain why you are a certain way? It it explains what you're like, not why, and even then type doesn't explain things like being "socially awkward".

It does, however, give you a model for understanding how to fix the problems you're having. It is in no way a justification for them.

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
-->
The first time i read through the descriptions of an INTP, i was so amazed. I smiled harder and harder with every awkward trait i read. It helped to explain a lot for me, the differences between me and other people, explained my behavior around other people.

I would say it has changed my life in a way, the knowledge i have gained from this has helped me to better understand the weaker points of my personality, which left me room to theorize and do what i can to develop what i naturally lack.

On top of that, it is just a really interesting topic, and as all of us know very well, any INTP is going to love having something like this that they can relate to or apply to daily life again and again. It is just so fun to think about.

No One

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I mostly just wondered why I was different from most of the kids in my grade. Most of them are loud and what not but knowing that I'm INTP some what explains why I'm quieter than them and from what I've read most INTP seem quieter and absent minded. Also I do want to change how I socialize if that counts for anything.

Doodle

Local time
-->
Before i took the test i felt a bit lost in life. I kinda felt there was something wrong with me because i really didnt care much for people. Or atleast most people. Knowing that i am INTP made me instantly accept myself and this forum has really helped me work out who i am and also tought me alot about myself. I also know, now, that its because most people talk about utter meaningless shit which i really cant get excited about

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
"I just don't know how to say it without being honest."

And that is: INTP.

My experience parallels most.

Addressing what artzu said: It's not a question of justifying how we are or knowing why we are the way we are, it's the normalizing of our experience by placing it into a known category with a group of related characteristics that a lot of us find reassuring. Whether you already knew you were different and wondered if you were broken, or were helpfully reassured that you were a hopeless, freak-show aberration by a series of clueless friends, relatives, and mentoring figures, I bet all of us have at some point felt excluded by the things that set us apart from most people.

So, INTP: We know where we fit in, and even if that sets us apart from 98 percent of the human race or whatever the latest figure is, knowing that 1. we aren't broken and 2. we need to play to our strengths while cloaking or developing the characteristics that don't work well for us in dealing with the rest of the world, are good things to know. A light bulb went off for me, all was illuminated, and relief flooded over me like hot water from a shower. Everything was different for me after the epiphany fueled by knowledge.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
I would also say that learning of such an expansive category of people similarly fucked up as myself helps me move on from a stage of life that was characterized by identity crisis. I haven't even changed what I like to do because of the personality type, it just makes me feel less insecure to know where my strengths really stand in contrast to my seemingly irreparable flaws.

Sema

Local time
-->
When I found about MBTI and tested as an INTP it made me feel so much better about myself. I didn't like high school because I was treated badly because I was different and made me feel like i had a mental problem. Reading through the description and looking at the statistics it made me feel that I am a normal person and I can continue to play on my strenghts while developing my weaknesses.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 4:44 PM
-->
MBTI has lent clarity to my thought on myself and others, which in turn leads me to a greater understanding of the people in this world and where I stand with them.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
[/qoute]

well, certainly more self/other-awareness than before, but still not a sufficient amount. It's a step in a particular direction which may go various ways.

Essence

Local time
Today 1:14 AM
-->
I feel its helped me learn a lot about myself. Both good and bad things. The only question that bother is whether i'm INTP or INFP.

Since i can identify with a few different types, (INTP and INFP mostly but also INFJ) I'm beginning to question the validity of the whole thing. Its good for categorizing people but if i can test as so many types then the possibility of others doing the same is there.

WHERE ARE THE PUPPIES :eek:

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
"Since i can identify with a few different types, (INTP and INFP mostly but also INFJ)"

Understanding other personalities and successfully adopting some of their characteristics from time to time would seem to be a mark of sophistication, not ambivalence; you may not be aware of doing it consciously. Remember, one of the stereotypes for us is "chameleon," and it can take different forms, not just unconsciously emulating someone else's language or body language.

I think there's a possibility of progression, change or adaptation, I'm not sure what the right word is, for everyone, any personality type, gained by a combination of self-awareness and other-awareness. Just an idea I'm floating out there. We might not change at the core, but by learning how others use emotion in moderation to arrive at successful outcomes we might begin to factor that in to our thinking once in awhile. Our other big stereotype is being facile at learning, and embracing learning. What better field to explore?

(Context: Keep in mind I'm one of the few oldsters in here. I've gone through stages like being overwhelmed by emotion, ignoring emotion, despising emotion, and operating without any emotion. Now I'm curious about emotion. :) Your mileage may vary depending on where you are on the journey and you may, of course, take another path. I'm just sayin'. And probably derailing the thread, although it seemed to me that the questions asked could indirectly lead here. )

C.J_Finn

Local time
-->
I feel that it's helped me to know that there's other people out there that are like me. I guess it's kind of comforting in a way.

thesmileybunny

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:14 PM
-->
I honestly just feel better about myself.

It helped me understand who I am, in a way and it made me proud of my inner geeky self.
It helped me embraced who I am really.

The good and the bad.

I suppose it does have a sort of a positive impact in my life.

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I have never seen it as defining, so I have never attempted to be more INTP or anything like that. MBTI isn't truth, just a useful model. And it has been very useful to me. It helped me understand that different people value different things and think in different ways, so it is possible to deal with someone who is being meddlesome or illogical. They put their effort into something different than my priorities, like being needed, or well-socialized. I don't have to like it to be polite about it. MBTI is like a translator with a lot of static. It isn't perfect but it is better than trying to communicate without it.

The primary drawback has been spending too much time on this forum.

Zionoxis

Local time
-->
I think it has both helped and hindered me. While I type as INTP, I still doubt it to this day and my I/E will always be a stumbling block. I do not fit quite right with all of the INTP descriptions, but I fit even less with the ENTP description (though I do not consider myself as introverted as INTP's are meant to).

I still have a strong logical base, I am disorganized and abstract, I plan much farther ahead than I should, and I could wipe floor with most people in a debate. That being said, I almost feel like I have molded myself more to fit the INTP description since I have heard about it. Mind you, there are advantages and disadvantages...

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
-->
I remember one day I was goofing off on my computer as usual and just had a thought to take a personality test online. Long story short I take the MBTI test and get INTP. After I read the description, I felt like my mind had opened up to a whole new world of understanding. I finally figured out why I act the way I do. I am a really strange person and now I know why. A whole list of questions about my mannerisms, eccentricities, etc. were all answered in four letters. I was completely overwhelmed by the massive truth and I am still in my own "honeymoon period". After figuring out I was an INTP I came across INTPforum where I eventually learned that I have asperger's syndrome. So yes, I have gained a huge portion of my life that I've never even known I had. The whole idea of an INTP was completely new to me and I'm glad I now understand that I am an exceptionally rare case.

Mr.Burke

Local time
-->

or

do you feel more confused trying to figure out "who you are"?
have you found yourself forming biases against people of different "types"?
is your belief in MBTI worth it at all? (assuming, of course, you "believe" in it. so many quotation marks.)

how seriously does MBTI factor into your life?

why?

that is all.

here is a cute picture of two adorable puppies as you ponder these questions.

beep0.jpg

1. Nope, nothing changed here.

2. I may have learned a little, but then I ended up learning that I'm still different than my own type.

3. I would say MBTI has had no real change on my life.

4. It changed nothing in terms of self-discovery.

5. At some point I didn't want to talk to anybody of certain types, but now I know everyone is stupid anyways.

6. Sure, plenty of psychological theories are valid in their own ways. But the key thing to note is that people are still different enough to kind of kill the point of the test to begin with.

7. MBTI effectively changes nothing into my life. This is because its just another abstract concept which doesn't motivate me or do anything practically beneficial.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
I am still learning about MBTI. That aside. *sets that over there*

I have spent much of my life trying to figure out what is wrong with me, INTP is the first (self) "diagnoses" that has made me feel like/think that trying to understand what was "wrong" was the wrong thing to try to understand.

It is the first time there was a positive result to my self inquries instead of some illogical (paranormal) or scary (mental illness) reason for my being who I am.

Basically, it is the first time I have found an answer that seemed, and felt, like there wasn't anything the matter with me after all.

This. I really cannot add anything more to what was said here as it encompasses my exact sentiment. Just quoting for tally purposes.

Guess

Local time
Today 8:14 AM
-->
Like the others. It was a relieving discovery.

As INTP we seek understanding. And from understanding, action proves sometimes needed. That applied to myself means I shall actively become less INTP and countereffect our weak traits... Paradoxal? :confused: Maybe :D

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
None of the above.

Early on after getting involved in MBTI, I tried analysing others, which just led to problems because I can't type in real time and interact simultaneously. When I tried to understand myself better, I realised I was dismissing certain things as not worth putting any effort into, rather than letting myself grow. And as for things that I'm already good at, it hasn't helped me become better at them.

Although I think I am more comfortable with myself now, just because I know others share my traits.

Pride

Local time
-->
Being an intuitive Ti-dominant appeals to my vanity. Yes, I am proud of being an INTP.

ransomNote

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:14 PM
-->
yes i do actually, with this knowledge in my sleeve i embrace the world in my terms. :storks:
usually i was just very very confuse, about everything. i dont know where i stand, curios about what's around me, and oblivious about my emotions.
knowing the mbti has open the door for self actualization, which is my goal this year. :D
i'm getting the hand of appreciating what i have and not bummed down with what i dont have.
not hiding my self behind intellectual arrogance and childish emotional burst.
this path has lead me to uncover so many aspects about my mind and soul, before i was a bit neurotic.
studying the mbti has give a therapeutic effect. :borg:
but well...that's just the half of it, another half is the habbit to put people in boxes like 'o...she is such a feeler, we're not gonna connect in any disscussions." but i'm trying to brush that off from my system and keep only the benefits. :)

yogurtexpress

Local time
-->
It gives me a sense of social fulfillment (even though the internet doesn't really qualify as social) that I can make posts on a community where people are intelligent and will probably understand what the hell I'm saying. Unfortunately I'm still more confused about my type than ever.

Top Bottom