• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

About you?

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 10:31 PM
-->
Hm, she seems mean...;) Well, you'll have your reasons to endure this.

@Death:Perhaps it was intentional? (I don't know, just a thought)

Ogion

Local time
Today 2:31 PM
-->
Correction,I'm crazier.

You spelled independent wrong,in your name.Sorry to bring this up,but you could ask moderator to do the correction.

:phear:

DAMN!!! My deepest apologies! I didn't really say I could type effectively! Hahaha! (Things to correct ASAP!)

Local time
-->
thanks for the "Welcomes" all. Um, it's stated that moderator can change the type o in my screen name? (Oh the shame- the fear! I've failed!!!!!) Who is this moderator you speak of?

Local time
-->
Correction,I'm crazier.

You spelled independent wrong,in your name.Sorry to bring this up,but you could ask moderator to do the correction.

I love this! My feelings exactly. I just want to hire someone to carry around a bullhorn behind me and say "Please step away from the INTP! There is nothing to see here! Move along!", but of course that would be calling to much attention to myself so its a bit of a paradox.

My wife refers to the bubble area as my "space" and calls herself my "space invader". I don't find that funny or cute in the slightest.

Anyway. Welcome, if I haven't already caused you to move on from here. :D

Aw Man!! I thought I had some clinical issues with crowds! Which, for clarification, I don't) Yes, the BUBBLE!!!!! People gotta respect the bubble!

Local time
-->
Is she a video game junkie? :p

Hi and welcome, Ms Indepentent (we should find you an abbreviation for that, msi? or indie? ;))

Ogion

Sure, whatever works for ya! Thank you though- it's nice to chat with those with the same mentalities as me. I'm shy and hate people, mostly, and usually come off as a b*tch. I'm not- unless I have to be. It's nice to be understood.

Sylzarra

Local time
Today 9:31 PM
-->
Well, there are many of you Indians out there, aren't there? There gotta be similar ones :p

Although logic states that you would be correct. In reality this is not the case. I actually have never ever met another Indian who is even close to me in temperament and thinking.

Feeling- I wish I could attempt to understand why a problem for someone is a problem, but inside, I just think- "Get over it. Solve it and move on"

I agree with this a lot. And then you tell your friends what you really think and they start regarding you as callous and mean. :(

Correction,I'm crazier.

Is that so? I challenge you on that point. No one is crazier than me. ;)

Local time
-->
Favorite Creature:

BEARMANPIG xD

He's half man, half bear, and half pig

?[/quote]

I'm sorry- but BEARMANPIG and half of all of that.... Where's the logic Man!?!?! consider 1/3, 1/3, 1/3...
Again, very sorry... But it screams to be pointed out.

Local time
-->
I agree with this a lot. And then you tell your friends what you really think and they start regarding you as callous and mean. :(

YES!!! Why complicate things? Cause and effect- it's all there!!!! I'm known to those around me to speak my mind freely. Somehow, this makes me a b*tch.
I dunno who said it, but the quotation goes something like "people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that distinquish me from a door mat" (Love that!!!) Change feminist to b*tch and it fits like a glove too...

Sylzarra

Local time
-->
:/ I'm sure you aren't a bitch. The fact that you express your views truthfully proves you are a good friend. I know that I would not want someone lying to me if I was acting stupid or looking ridiculous. I would want someone to tell me so I could correct the problem as i see fit. The problem with our society is that no body is comfortable enough with the fact that they are human to accept that they have faults that they could correct.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
Today 4:31 PM
-->
DAMN!!! My deepest apologies! I didn't really say I could type effectively! Hahaha! (Things to correct ASAP!)
Greetings and welcome to the asylum.
All sharp objects, excluding wit, are to be left with the Administrator.
Feel free to consume copious amounts of caffiene. Please wash your cup when finished.
Members rarely bite, though if mastication does occur, the nurse's station is on the eleventh dimension.

On the subject of spelling, I always spell correctly; but my keyboard suffers from selective dythlex... blysexia... fixesdia... *sigh*:D;)

soolka

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:31 PM
-->
What is your name?

Soolka

Where are you from?

From Northern California (born, raised, went to school there), lived in Kyiv, Ukraine for 3.5 years, then moved to Texas for grad school and currently live in Dallas. Been in Dallas since 2000.

How old are you?

On the bad side of 30.

What's your gender?

F

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?

Took the real MBTI in college, again in grad school, and have taken online variations about 100x trying to get different results. I'm in denial of my true nature.

How did you find out about this forum?

I'm still a yahoo loyalist for some bizarre reason.

Do you have a partner/lover
Married.

Do you have any kids?
Not yet. I just decided to go off the BCP, so I suppose we're trying...

Do you have any pets?

1 yellow Lab.

Which hobbies absorb you the most?

Reading, cooking, making jewelry, swimming, mountain biking, movies, watching the Olympics, playing with my dog, music (indie mainly), dining out, and pretty much researching whatever piques my interest that day hour minute.

Hardest thing about being INTP?

Nearly identical to all aforementioned here. I think the hardest thing is just being an INTP in the business world. I cannot stand all the grandstanding, BSing, blowharding, and stupid business lingo that abounds. I curse myself daily about being too afraid of failure to pursue a career in science and choosing the path of least resistance.

Best thing about being INTP?
Precision of language, seeing the inherent beauty of systems, never being bored, having a million hobbies, willingness to experience and ponder the new and different...

What do you do to generate income?

Business wanker. Of course in an Analyst role. But my real love is designing jewelry. I also fantasize daily of owning my own business. Doing what, I don't know. I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up.

Pleased to meet everyone!

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pleased to meet you too.

I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up.
Then don't...;)

Ogion

Local time
-->
Welcome Soolka! I totally get you!! I'm a business wanker too- cuz I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up. I've really come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter; even if I choose a career path to pursue, I'll end up changing my mind in a matter of months. So much to discover, so little time!!!

@ EloquentBohemian- Stupid keyboards! Thx for the welcome!

soolka

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welcome Soolka! I totally get you!! I'm a business wanker too- cuz I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up. I've really come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter; even if I choose a career path to pursue, I'll end up changing my mind in a matter of months. So much to discover, so little time!!!
I hear ya. My concentration is always pulled in a million different directions because I have far too many fancies and whims. I asked my shrink to test for me for ADD because this drives me crazy. I've turned into a jill of all trades, mistress of none. It took me five years to get through undergrad, and as I mentioned before, I am not in the sciences!! That was just for various humanities. I didn't even get around to the sciences other than some geology and the most dismal of sciences (econ). Anyway, she said I'm not ADD, I'm just intellectually curious. A relief, really. I don't need anymore drugs in my system.

Local time
-->
Yes!!! Jill of ALL trades, mistress of none! Me too!!! Geneology! Now THAT would have been something to explore!! I started it but.... story of my life- I think I got sidetracked on another interest- hmm, y'think?

eudemonia

still searching
Local time
-->
Double welcomes to Ms Independent and Soulka from someone who could have written much of what you have BUT who has 10/15 years or more on you both - so even less of an excuse :(

Jill of all trades, master of none - yup, that's me
constantly getting side-tracked - yup, which reinforces the 'Jill' bit
business wanker - yup - but even worse, as a management development consultant who hates selling myself and who......
Doesnt' know what to do when I grow up - never have done. I have followed many by-roads, only to decide, 'no, don't want to do that'. I am getting a bit clearer now though :). Eventually you get so sick of something that the foot goes down and you go on strike - well I did anyway.

Hope you enjoy this place and get as much out of it as I have :)

nihilen.

Local time
Today 11:31 PM
-->
I'm sorry- but BEARMANPIG and half of all of that.... Where's the logic Man!?!?! consider 1/3, 1/3, 1/3...

That's the joke. Jeez.

WATCH SOUTH PARK !

Jokes are supposed to be absurd/illogical/random.

I expected INTPs to be more in contact with humor and sarcasm ; )

Local time
-->
I failed again? (FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!! Lol!) My bad. I've tried to watch Southpark... I much prefer Family Guy

Jennywocky

Creepy Clown Chick
Local time
-->
Favorite Creature:BEARMANPIG xD
He's half man, half bear, and half pig

? I'm sorry- but BEARMANPIG and half of all of that.... Where's the logic Man!?!?! consider 1/3, 1/3, 1/3...

Are you joking? *confused*

I thought that was hilarious.
The whole POINT of the joke was that it did not add up!

(An even more subtle play off the old joke about, "There are three kinds of people who are bad at math: Those can count and those who can't.")

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
And there are of course 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't ;)

Ogion

Local time
-->
What is your name?
Elizabeth

Where are you from?
Southeastern United States - is it "Southeastern" or "Southeast?" "Southeastern" sounds better to me, but my grammatical judgement has been a little off lately.

How old are you?

What is your gender?
Female

How did you find out you were INTP, or other type?
I took a Kiersey test a few years ago for a class, and last night I took the Jung test. Same results.

A website with the Jung test led me to this forum, but I don't think I could find that site again.

Do you have a partner/lover?
Yes.

Do you have any kids?
No.

Do you have any pets?
Yes. I have a dog and a cat.

I used to have hobbies, but now I'm working most of the time. Happily working, that is.

How do you generate an income?
I write product descriptions for an internet catalog company, I work as a secretary in our family rental property business, and I work at a radio station doing a voice-tracked shift.

Local time
-->
Welcome, Hermity Writer Type! Enjoy! I've been here all of of 24 hours and it's so humorous to see our personalities from an outside level.:)

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting ideas and discussions.

Is your name derived from actual situation? That would be interesting to hear about (interesting as in: Most of us probably sometimes flirt with the thought of living like a hermit, or at least quite alone and, well, quiet ;))

Ogion

Thaklaar

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Justin

Where are you from?

I'm from Washington State, but have been a Texan for 7 years.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I've taken MBTI tests online several times, said "huh, that's neat" and moved on. Today, I was aimlessly wiki-surfing and got to Carl Jung, which took me back to the MBTI. I took another test and sat down and read a few descriptions of INTP. After I stopped saying "Holy crap, how'd they get in my head?! Get out of my head!!" I went looking and found this place with...

Google. I thought "Pfft, yeah, like a forum discussing some personality type is going to be active." Man, for a forum about a personality type, this joint is hopping!

Married. 8 years. Megan.

Do you have any kids?

A 2 1/2 year old daughter named Eleanor.

Do you have any pets?

2 dogs (a white terrier/? mix and a black lab/chow) and an orange tabby cat.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 1:31 PM
-->
Thaklaar said:
Man, for a forum about a personality type, this joint is hopping!
bounce.gif

Local time
-->
Thank you for the warm welcome, Ogion and Ms. Independent.

Ogion, I am a very hermity writer. I live in the guest house of the family farm. The people who know me know very well that I do not do parties or any type of group function whatsoever. I don't misinform, but I suppose I allow them to think I have the social anxiety disorder.

The truth is that I'm not disordered, I'm just happier with limited social contact. I work online for my writing job, I do my radio work late at night (only the night announcer is there and he's hermity, too - we nod and wave at each other), and three days a week I shuffle papers and take rental payments through a glass window at the family property office. I'm very content.

This forum is interesting. It's like a million versions of me having conversations with myself about all my thoughts. I don't think you have to be an INTP to love that.

Sweet blessings. Sweet dreams.
-Elizabeth

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Sounds nice.

Yes, this is what i like in this forum as well. (Although somtimes the INTPness gets a Freudian breakthrough, as it seems [Look in the 'pesidential census thread' to see what i mean :p])

Hi and Welcome Justin. May you too find interesting ideas and discussions.

Ogion

Sylzarra

Local time
-->
No one crazier than you? How about this,I teach leet to my dog.

Pfftt I have a completely detailed and well thought out plan for world domination. And a full floor plan of the palace I'm gonna build after wards to house my harem O.o.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Pfftt I have a completely detailed and well thought out plan for world domination.

So? As several posts have pointed out, everyone on this forum has at least one of those.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Yes, but alas, no one who would execute it...We really need some really loyal CEOs :p

Ogion

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
Yes, but alas, no one who would execute it...We really need some really loyal CEOs :p

Ogion

The thought of loyal CEOs got me thinking, so I'm gonna go ahead and hijack for a moment.

I wonder if you could enforce a corporate contract that states, "Don't be evil" in court? If you made a CEO sign that statement and then they did some shady business or bottom-line strategies, could you sue them for breach of contract?

Aphasia

Local time
Tomorrow 4:31 AM
-->
I don't think you can exactly say 'don't be evil', since it'll be too open-ended. Also, certain laws protect against that (I think) and companies break them anyway, so I don't think so.

Dagny

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Where are you from?

San Francisco, California in the United States.

How old are you?

I recently turned 17.

What’s your gender?

Female.

I bought the Keirsey sorter test and analyses, which is a variation of the MBTI tests, when I was thirteen. I found myself to be a dead-on INTP. I was intrigued at a personality test that was so thorough and precise, and set about looking for more information.

I stumbled across it by searching on Google. I do not know why I did not search for INTP forums before.

Yes, surprisingly enough. He’s an INTP, but so mushy-gushingly romantic I almost wouldn’t believe it when he told me. I think he’s an oddity even among INTPs.

Do you have any kids?

No, and I’m not planning on them. If my boyfriend wants them, then he logically he should bear them himself. (However, realistically...)

Do you have any pets?

No, but I plan on having two large dogs and a clever feline I will call Figaro.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
Yes, surprisingly enough. He’s an INTP, but so mushy-gushingly romantic I almost wouldn’t believe it when he told me. I think he’s an oddity even among INTPs.

I'm not so sure about that...

6. Someone who accepts the peculiar WAYS they show thier love.
Be it really, really sappy hopless-romantic type drivel or passionate physical expression, or just a touch or a simple look. The INTP way is very hard to catch, if you blink, you miss it. Non-INTPs tend to want tokens and words, not a slow dance in a room with no radio, not a quiet cuddle in front of the TV at the end of the day, or the other strange and random expressions that INTPs tend to give.

You should definitely read more of that thread though. Its worth it.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Tomorrow 7:31 AM
-->
So? As several posts have pointed out, everyone on this forum has at least one of those.

I chuckled at the truth of this statement.

Justin, welcome. Eleanor is a lovely name.

-Elizabeth

Eleanor is one of my favourite names, it really does have a noble quality about it...

Welcome Justin, Elizabeth and Dagny (and everyone else since my last welcome! :) )!

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
dude, no way!

lol, well I've been here like 4 months and I never knew that... so either way the new person may not have, either. I had no idea though, thanks!

frgrtchrgrtr

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Linus

Where are you from?

the past, but not anymore

How old are you?

What's your gender?
is that the biological one or the psychological one? I can never remember...

Various tests that I have taken, later after re-re-reading what that meant I had to accept that that was pretty much me, more than any other, anyway.

a link, I am very tired at the moment, so excuse me if I seem erratic.

your mother

Do you have any kids?

you, that's right, I am your father...

kill me now

Do you have any pets?

animals in my house, but only because my roommate feels that dishwashing is something to be taken care of at a leisurely pace where petty things such as mold should not get in the way of his relaxing.

Local time
-->
What is your name?

I don't have one. I have a symbol. Like Prince. It's a really pretty one, too, but unfortunately there's no key for it on my keyboard. I'm having a custom one made in steampunk copper. Then you'll see.

Where are you from?

The political wonderland that is Washington, D.C.

How old are you?

17 and counting.

What's your gender?

Female.

Career center at our school tests us, throws our flaws back in our faces, and suggests appropriate careers. Apparently I'm a research scientist just waiting to happen.

Googled "INTP forum."

Nope. Flying solo. My parents tell me it's because I'm emotionally distant, but I think it has more to do with my high standards/requirement of at least some semblance of intelligence.

Do you have any kids?

NO.

Do you have any pets?

Yep. A dog. A big, black dog named Charlie, but not after Steinbeck's dog. If I ever have another dog, I will name THAT one Charlie after Steinbeck's dog, and it will be different.

I play harmonica; I write; I zine; I peruse Wikipedia; I do multimedia artwork/altered books; I research unusual neurological diseases; I watch Youtube videos of Atheists and Theists arguing; I read; I listen to music; I read about music; I obsessively attend concerts alone whenever possible and let out my inner dancing queen (not really, but kind of actually yes); I come up with brilliant ideas, begin to implement them, and then fail to actually follow through.

Tutoring, but it's not much of an income...

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
hmmm... wow, there's a lot of 17 year old people here!

hmmm... I wonder why that is...

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
It seems like it's almost a rite of passage for people in their late teens to do a bit of self discovery. And why not on the internet since it's such a huge resource? And what would be a better place to start than a certain MBTI personality forum? ;)

Dystopic

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

why do you need to know?

Where are you from?

Atlanta, GA sometimes

How old are you?

What's your gender?

I am a man!

I was first introduced to the MBTI when i was too young to understand. My dad pulled me and my sisters to the computor and had us complete the tests. Turns out I'm one of you guys! at the time my fatther and my sisters both said it didnt sound like me, and i didnt put much thought into it and put it out of my mind. A couple years later I'm sitting around bored and stumble across the test, take it again and get the same results. This time i go through and read a few detailed descriptions of the INTP personality type, and it really is staggering how close of a match it is. which i suppose leads me to the next question...

A couple of years even further down the line, getting a friend to take the test got me interested again and decided to seek out more info. but to answer your question, google :D

Not yet!

Do you have any pets?

I'm very fond of kitties and a few are very close to my heart but I don't personally own any.

I enjoy music, and literature. Only if they give me something to think about.

I don't. :D

Hardest thing(s) about being INTP?

I could babble about how shut off my emotions are and all that jazz, but i figure thats typical INTP troubles so I'll try to come up with something better.

I think realizing that I can come off as the know it all jerk type sucks, because it's how I'd like to be percieved, nor does it correctly base my motives in making those kinds of comments >.<

I think I just really need somebody good to argue with.

Top Bottom