• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

About you?

Lemariehl

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:36 PM
-->
Name:
On the internet, I have many names. In real life, I only have two, my first name being all too used and the second being Marion.

Currently, and usually from now on, Notre Dame, IN.
I used to be from da nort woods of Wisconsin, eh.
Well, I suppose I'm still from da nort woods. It's still home.

Biologically, I'm just under 19, but I've been 30 for years now.

How did you find out you were an INTP?
Well, I'm all for self-analysis, and Meyers-Briggs is just one of the personality profiles to which I've subjected myself. I'm skeptical about most others, but INTP fits me too well. Reading about the quirks of the INTP personality makes me feel less quirky and more normal.

How did you find out about this forum?
Google Search: INTP

Do you have a parner/lover?
I sit here sighing in frustration. That could mean yes or no.
A hint: I have very high standards and refuse to settle. I think I intimidate guys, but I'm not sure. That's just what I've been told by my female friends.

Do you have any pets?
I live in a dorm.

Which hobbies absorb you the most?
It depends. My current fascination is Stargate SG-1 fanfiction. A few months ago, I was really into alternative-rock music. Before that, I never missed an episode of M*A*S*H on the Hallmark channel.
I don't know if anyone else consideres those hobbies, but I do, and if you don't, take it as an look into my personality.
I do have some more longstanding hobbies. I am a vocalist and a violinist. I can play the piano pretty welll but gave up lessons a few years ago. I love winter sports, especially downhill skiing. I'm an avid reader and can finish off just about any book in two days if it's any good.

How do you generate an income?
As a college student I have an outcome. Would that be considered a pun? if so, I apologize.

Hardest things about being an INTP?
The fact that probably the majority of other types are perfectly comfortable with small-talk. I hate pointless conversation.
The procrastination. I'm an incredibly motivated person as long as the work I have to do isn't repetative and is intellectually stimulating. However, work is often repetative and not stimulating in the least.

FusionKnight

It's not my fault!
Local time
Today 1:36 PM
-->
As a college student I have an outcome. Would that be considered a pun? if so, I apologize.

Usually it isn't the girl who does the outcoming... aww crap! I've become NoID10ts!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :eek::phear:

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 8:36 PM
-->
Haha, you're morphing, Fusion...;)

Hi and welcome to the forum, Lemariehl. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions.

Ogion

Kianara

Local time
Today 10:36 PM
-->
What is your name?
Krista.

Where are you from?
I am from Gainesville, Virginia in the Greater Washington Area.

How old are you?
XVI

What's your gender?
Female.

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?
I found out I was an INTJ during a gifted education seminar my freshmen year of high school. I was practically the only Introvert, one of a few iNtuitives, and the only Thinker in my class, so I decided to do som surfing online to find others like me and learn more about MBTI.

I did some surfing and tried to join the INTJ forum, but they have an age restriction of 18, and I have INTP friends, so I figured I'd fit in all right over here.

Do you have a partner/lover?
That would be nay.

Do you have any kids?
I'm a little young. And unsocialized.

Do you have any pets?
I have 3 cats, 2 little brothers, and 1 younger sister. They all count.

Hobbies?
Reading, writing, drawing, webernetting, and philosophophizing.

krisa

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:36 PM
-->
What is your name?
Janja

Where are you from?
Ljubljana, Slovenia. Use the map, thank you.

How old are you?
I am 20.

What's your gender?
Female

I always enjoy wasting my precious time with psychological tests on the web...

I think it was 9types.com...

Yes.

Do you have any kids?
Not yet.

Do you have any pets?
A cat.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to you, kianara and krisa. May you find interesting and revealing discussions ;)
So an INTJ and another member from Europe, nice.

Ogion

krisa

Redshirt
Local time
-->
thankl you. europe, and very close to germany, too ;) haha
why, are there many americans here?

Kianara

Local time
-->
Hehe, thanks for the welcome. INTJs (and INTPs) will one day rule the world. We might as well start here.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
@krisa: Yes, with most english forums most users are Americans. There are of course others too.

@kianara: Well, nice goal, could you deliver a plan to do so? :D I'd be happy to be your advisor ;) (See here)

Ogion

Kianara

Local time
-->
hehe, I've already got one in the works. You can be my advisor, just know that I listen to all men yet keep my own council.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Oh sure, if i wished otherwise i'd be a 'leader' of my own ;)

Ogion

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@krisa: Yes, with most english forums most users are Americans. There are of course others too.

I think there may be no majority (in the "more than 50%" sense) here, what with all the Australians.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
May be that there is no majority as in more than half, but relatively spoken? I mean, if there are 40% Americans, then they are more than the others...
(All the Australians? Who else beside lor? I know one or two, although i don't know who anymore)

Ogion

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well, there's Cognisant, and...

Hmm. I dunno. Maybe the others aren't active any more or something?

Never mind then. But even if we do have an American majority here, it's not very large.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Well, you're right, but isn't important anyways ;) Was just a remark originally to greet a fellow European...

Ogion

Modron

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Gabriele

Where are you from?

Ontario, Canada

How old are you?

52 years young

What's your gender?

My gender is feminine. My Biological sex if female.

Taking multiple tests recommended by my companion

my companion

Do you have any pets?

2 cats, 1 dog

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions ;)

Ogion

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:36 PM
-->

my companion
Is your companion a member? Someone we know?

Nice signature by the way, welcome.

Kently

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Name:
Kent, Kently, Kentford, Kenterton

Chicago, unfortunately. I'm not a fan of this presently cold and always light polluted city.

I'll be a quarter of a century old one week and one day from today. Guess I'm gonna die soon. ;(

I found out the same way most do. I took the MBTI. After some time had passed I took it again to make sure, and the results were varified. 'Twas actually for school. The test had fascinated me and soon I was pressuring all of my friends to take it and tell me their results so I could gauge the accuracy of the corresponding descriptions.

'twas linked from the humanmetrics website.

Do you have a parner/lover?
I sure do. She happens to be an ENFJ. It's fascinating 'cause she's willing to help anyone, even if they completely hate her guts. When I first met her I felt she was extremely vulnerable. I felt obligated to protect her from those who would do her harm, lawl.

Do you have any pets?
I've two cats. I also share a turtle with my girlfriend. I tend to love all animals and in most cases would sooner see a human die than an animal.

Reading wikipedia, playing video games(especially if they're RPGs or tetris), thinking about anything and everything, running away with my imagination, and astronomy.

I work as a supervisor and am a business administration major. Yes, I know it's the wrong major but I have five years of experience and must go where the money is. I do, however, have an opportunity to become a photographer with a newspaper and am hoping for the best, 'cause that would totally rock.

Well, since we're the type of people to look at facts and logic, I find myself extremely cynical and hateful. I hate people as a whole, however I give every individual a chance, even if it is extremely short-lived. Such hatred and misanthropy do not bode well for my longevity.

Furthermore, I can't stand conversation with most people. Talking about the superficial and gossiping annoys me to no end. I am fortunate in that I can find depth in the superficial (IE talking about fronts and the jet stream when someone brings up the weather), although that usually alienates the person I'm talking to.

I think the absolute hardest part of being an INTP is the fact that extroverts are naturally the more successful people in the world. Keeping to myself is extremely detrimental to my work and my career (especially given my major), and having all the skill in the world isn't going to get me a promotion or good job if my manager wants to be able to talk about "THE GAME!!!111FOURTEEN". I've had to deal with this many times in the past, and when I see an extrovert surpassing me merely as a result of how sociable they are, especially if they're lesser-minded, I get quite angry.

Otherwise, I like being an INTP. I'm smart, quick-witted, educated, and confident(mostly).

Local time
-->
Hi new here;

What is your name?

You can call me Cereal Box.

Where are you from?

Northern New Jersey. According to the Daily Show, you have guidos to the east, dairy farmers to the west and then, the part I live in, "the weird part in the middle where guidos milk cows."

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I don't remember. It's been a while.

google search

nope

Do you have any kids?

nope

Do you have any pets?

nope

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Did you get mixed up and accidentally put your email address in the username field? If so, you're at least the second person to do that here so far. If you want your username changed, loveofreason can do that for you.

Local time
-->
Did you get mixed up and accidentally put your email address in the username field? If so, you're at least the second person to do that here so far. If you want your username changed, loveofreason can do that for you.

whoops. Thanks for pointing that out.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 7:36 AM
-->
All fixed. Seems to happen regularly.

Welcome CBC.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
_________

Lor saves the day again!
-plays uplifting, heroic music-

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Today 12:36 PM
-->
@Kently:

So, what's a "manly man"?

*grins wickedly* We have some threads on gender issues. You'd be welcome there.

Kently

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Well, I suppose a manly man is someone who exhibits many traits which are commonly seen as virile, as opposed to a womanly man who exhibits feminine traits.

For example, I have an ENFJ friend who's a womanly man. He's a happy-go-lucky guy with an obnoxious laugh. Most people assume he's gay simply because of his demeanor. He'd be seen as manlier if he appeared to be more serious.

tunuzzu

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Antony

Where are you from?

I'm from Italy, but I've been living in Cambridge, UK for a year now

How old are you?

Twenty two.

What's your gender?

Male

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type? / How did you find out about this forum?

Oh I did some test on similarminds.com ages ago in desperate boredom, then forgot the result so i did another one on some other website recently and there was a link to this forum.

not at the moment

Do you have any kids?

No ta

Do you have any pets?

well not in my actual place, there's 2 dogs and a cat with my family tho

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions ;)

Ogion

figaro_black

Local time
-->
Name: Camilla

I read some psychology in school and took a simplified version of the MBTI as part of an assignment. Of course, I was fascinated not only because I found the idea that people could actually be described by so few categories intriguing but because the descriptions of the INTP actually more or less described me. Oh, and of course tests that confirm that I am different and an individual is always interesting. ;)

I stumbled over it, searching for more information about the INTP.

No.

Do you have any pets?
Yes. Two cats, a poor fish that I really ought to murder out of mercy since I frequently forget all about it and a turtle naturally named E.T.

Reading when I get to choose what to read (it can be on any subject really). I enjoy writing, though I never seem to get anywhere with it but most of all I enjoy a good discussion with someone who enjoy discussing and who knowS enough to keep a discussion going for some time.

I think being dissatisfied with people in general. It's so very rare that I meet a person whom I really connect with. Oh, or perhaps being forced to small talk and remind oneself that not everyone do enjoy the finer points of why the world as we know it must be constructed even if we can prove - against all odds - that it exists objectively outside of our own minds.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
(Yeah, i know, i am repeating myself. I mean it though, every time...)

Ogion

Intrinsic

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 5:36 AM
-->
What is your name?
Christine, but call me anything but that.

Where are you from?
Sydney, NSW, Australia. I'm Chinese though, just born here.

How old are you?
Thirteen. Err, I guess I'm young...?

What's your gender?
Female, last time I checked.

Through too many online tests that I've taken.
ISTP came up a few times, but in the end, I was leaning more towards iNtuition.

On one of the many sites.

No.

Do you have any kids?
I'll give you one guess.

Do you have any pets?
Hmm, let's see...
Out of all the numerous birds and fishes that have been in my care, zero have survived up to this moment. My loyal dog of 15 years died in mid-2007, and I managed successfully to keep my rabbit out of trouble for 3.5 years until it escaped from my backyard. Other than that, I love dogs.

I listen to music everyday. Mostly altern. rock and grunge. I also have a thing for oldies. I'm a n00b at guitar, being self-taught. Novice at piano and experienced at the electronic keyboard.
I'm an avid writer.
I look up everything and anything, and I've spent hours surfing Wikipedia.
READING. Fan of James Patterson, The Catcher in the Rye and Harry Potter.
Three words: Anime and manga.

Feeling distant from peers, society, and the world in general. Over-analysing everything. I'm very unenthusiastic about things that I'm not interested in, or things that I won't benefit from. I'm rather lazy and I put work off until the last minute, or not do it at all. I can be a huge cynical misanthrope at times, coming off as a sarcastic smartass in my bad moods.

(I'm trying really hard not to swear in this.)

adastrac

Local time
Today 11:36 AM
-->
What is your name?
christina, some people call me krick

Where are you from?
washington (i'm vietnamese)

How old are you?

What's your gender?
female

all of this time, i've thought that i was an INFP... until my instructor pointed out that i am probably an INTP. so i took a bunch of tests and sure enough, i am an INTP (and proud)! also, the problems that INTPs encounter...well, let's just say, STORY OF MY LIFE.

one of the testing sites

no

Do you have any kids?
no

Do you have any pets?
a very independent, quiet, loving and silly dog (husky); my best friend

wikipedia: i'll look up cryptography and somehow end up in neuroplasticity. somehow. i enjoy reading...text and people. the activity (or lack thereof) that absorbs me the most is thinking: i am always lost in my thoughts, my own world... i also like to not wear my glasses when i am out in public places as to avoid having to greet people.

loneliness. that no one really understands me... people usually dismiss me as someone who is too complicated and lazy. people misunderstand my severe case of procrastination as ignorance, stupidity or carelessness and that i don't care about the pursuit for knowledge.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 7:36 AM
-->
Wait a minute Intrinsic... you had a loyal dog for fifteen years but you're only 13????

Anyway, welcome to the new arrivals.

Intrinsic

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 5:36 AM
-->
Haha, yeah.
Actually, it was my parents' originally.
Then when I came along, it became the family dog, I guess.
And thanks. :)

Duty

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Eric

Where are you from?

Raised in South Bend, Indiana, currently in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I don't remember, but I've taken several MBTI tests, gained an interest in the MBTI, and am sure that I am INTP with a very few J-like tendencies that have cropped up due to the people I've been raised by and currently live with.

Google search for "INTP."

Not currently, but the only successful relationship I've ever had (romantic or otherwise) was with an INFJ.

Do you have any kids?
No.

Do you have any pets?

I live with 2 dogs, 2 chickens, and 5 cats atm, but none are mine.

soloratii

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Call me Flora.

Where are you from?

Chinese, living in Canada. (Don't worry though, English is my first language.)

How old are you?

It's my twelfth winter. Yes, I must be young.

What's your gender?

Female.

My friend from school happened to share her MBTI results with me last year. I took a free online test, and got INFJ. Later, I spent all my hours online reading about the various types, and thought I was INFP. Neither of them "clicked", however, and they more matched my learned behaviour than what felt most comfortable to me. Later, I happened to read an INTP description more carefully, and it all clicked into place after reading more INTP descriptions.

Googled "intp forum".

Nope.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

Not now, although I used to have two hermit crabs, which both died. It was rather pleasant having them, since they didn't roam around the house and demand my constant attention.

- Reading (fiction, fantasy, non-fiction, essays, articles, almost everything, etc.)
- Journal writing (poetry/verse, rants, prose, etc.)
- Musing and daydreaming (I'm often lost in thought)
- Research (one might say I am purely obsessed with it)
- Pointing out mistakes (though not when other people are around, they tend to get annoyed)
- Strategic and word games
- Listening to music
- Playing piano (though lessons stopped three years ago, and I've forgotten almost everything)
- LEARNING

The usual - loneliness, annoyance, social anxiety. Also, the tendency for procrastination, ignorance of the outside world (it's quite hard to find objects that others ask for), lack of energy in uninteresting things, and sometimes getting pushed to decisions that I didn't want to make.

Best things about being an INTP?

Academic competence, defending myself with precise logic, being the independent "observer" usually unaffected by other people, ability to see an issue clearly, ease with logic and grammar, etc.
What was your education like?

So far, I've been mostly homeschooled, with a few occasional years of school wedged in to aid socialization. I learn very quickly in homeschool, mainly because there are fewer conventional restrictions.

Yeah, that was kind of long. Hope you don't mind :D

ldalton

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
My name is best kept to myself, call me mr. Dalton.

Where are you from?
I am from Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. (We don't have polar bears.)

How old are you?
I am 18.

What's your gender?
Male

I did some random personality test once and I got INTP. I did another one some time after that, still INTP. Even later, I tried some more extensive ones (like the one on 4np.net), and still was INTP.

It was linked from some text on what an INTP is.

I'd like to think so, but truthfully, no.

Do you have any kids?
I am a kid.

Do you have any pets?
None, but I have multiple PCs if they count!

nancynamikaze

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
My name is Nancy.

Where are you from?
I'm from the oh-so-boring suburb of Warren, Michigan. I can hardly wait to be of age and move to a big city where there's something interesting at every corner and plenty of opportunities for a loner to have fun. Pshyeah, it's heaven compared to living in a town of ALL HOUSES that are all the freaking same.

How old are you?
I am 14 years old.

What's your gender?
Female.

I was on BlogThings.com, and they had a quiz for the personality types. I took a bunch of other quizzes like that, and since then, I've been fascinated by MBTI. =]]

I don't remember, but it had something to do with a post on another forum saying how massively popular Death Note (which is love!) is with NT types. =D

Nope.

Do you have any kids?
Noooo! I'm only 14, you know. ^_^"

Like everyone else has said, the occasional loneliness. Not to mention that INTPs are kinda rare, which makes me wonder where all the people like me are hiding.

I effortlessly do really well in school, and I learn languages fairly quickly (I'm trilingual as of now. I know English, Vietnamese, and French). Being an INTP also means that I'm socially independent.

Wikipedia, MySpace, StumbleUpon, reading, sweets, music, shopping, makeup, indie fashion, quotes.

What is your education like?
I'm a freshman at two high schools. One is my main school (where I take French 2, English 1, and Economics), and the other is an advanced school for math, science, and technology. There are three other freshmen that go to both of my schools, and all three of them are boys (I believe their types are ENTP, ESTP, and ESTJ). Yeahh, I'm kinda outnumbered.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
_________

. . .
-sadly passes off title of "youngest member" to Intrinsic-
It was fun while it lasted. . .

(But I'm still the youngest regular! That counts for something, right?)

unless she becomes a regular, which would mean I'm obsolete. . .
-. . .shuffles off to her corner-

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:36 PM
-->
Obsolete? Who is going to get the crazy high scores in snake then?:p

(seriously tho, how the hell did you do that?!)

ChatNoir

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Fae

Where are you from?

Alberta, Canada

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

A friend who is really into this sort of thing introduced me.

A link from another website. I don't recall though.

I wish.

Do you have any kids?

Never. Ever.

Do you have any pets?

One 3 month old kitten named Oliver.

aahzombies

Local time
-->
What is your name?
My name is Caroline.

Where are you from?
I currently reside in Central Florida but I have also previously lived just outside of Chicago and just outside of Linz, Austria.

How old are you?
I am 17.

What's your gender?
Female.

I took AP Psychology my Sophomore year of High School and we spent a week talking MBTI, so I went to similarminds.com and took their test and recieved the label of INTP as a result.

I was looking through profiles of INTPs and a link was given.

Not currently.

Do you have any kids?
No.

Not being sure which facet of myself is ACTUALLY me. I have the classic INTP trait of mirroring the emotion and mannerisms of whoever I am talking to, so I am never exactly sure what I actually am feeling.

Always having a current fascination. Whether it be forensics, music, tattoos, or neurobiology, there is always something I am looking to learn about.

My hobbies include consuming unreasonable amounts of coffee, reading about obscure subjects, listening to/analyzing any type of music, and driving just to ride with the windows down.

What is your education like?
I am a senior in High School.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions. ;)

Hey, so do you speak German then? (Having lived in Austria...). I'm from Germany, so...(We have a thread for people who like to test their German, for me as a 'native' this is quite entertaining. No offence meant though.)

Ogion

aahzombies

Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions. ;)

Hey, so do you speak German then? (Having lived in Austria...). I'm from Germany, so...(We have a thread for people who like to test their German, for me as a 'native' this is quite entertaining. No offence meant though.)

Ogion

I only spent a year in Austria (Exchange Student) but I am pretty much fluent in German, yes. I can't spell worth a damn (the disadvantage of learning purely through listening), but I've been told that I speak well enough. :)

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Ah, ok. Nice learning achievement though. Do you like the language?

Ogion

aahzombies

Local time
-->
Very much. I took Spanish in school for two years and, while I did well in it, I was never as comfortable with it as I am with German.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Oh, nice ;) I like my language as well.

Ogion

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum, boku. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions. And may you find out which types suits you the most ;)

Ogion

Top Bottom