• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
Today 9:27 PM
-->
When years of boarding school never made you feel homesick but one day without a broadband connection at home did.

(and you found an excuse to go into work on a Saturday so you could quickly catch up with the forum)

ArcusDog

Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
- When seeing someone you know coming towards you while walking down the road is a Situation.

...and in the same vein...

- you spot someone you know, who has yet to spot you, and you pretend you haven't spotted them

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 10:27 PM
-->
When you thought about how humans taste.

One of my friends asked a biology teacher if humans had their own oil (true). Then, he asked what human oil tastes like (look on face = priceless).

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 2:27 PM
-->

juturna

Local time
-->
-You haven't used an organized binder for years.
-You instead use your school textbook to store papers because it is a superior filing system.
-There is no such thing as a long term project.

Artifice Orisit

-There is no such thing as a long term project.
No counting stuff on the various to-do lists.

Or plans for changing the world (often of a subjective morality).

Or anything that’s been started and you absolutely intend to finish, someday.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
When you take up more bandwidth than all of your peers combined. ^^

I loved college sooo much.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
When you're looking through entries on your blog before you discovered you were INTP and found this:

It would be nice to be a different person sometimes. I wonder what it would be like to be a person who wasn't so opinionated, so analytic, so argumentative at the same time as being oversensitive, awkward and unsure of herself. I wonder what it would be like not to feel compelled to think about everything in such detail and from every angle.

Trouble is that's me. Dog with a bone. Intense, edgy, incisive and uncompromisingly driven to examine the minutiae of everyday life.

I am not neutral. I am unable just to chill out, fit in and go with the flow. I can pretend for a while, but I can't keep it up. I see things and I can't keep quiet when I should because I have a really odd belief that people will appreciate what I have to say. And some people do, but some of the time I think they think I'm an arrogant, interfering thorn in their side.

Maybe it would be ok if I were a man.

Artifice Orisit

Put on a warm jacket & gardening gloves, put an orange in your pants, think about sex every six seconds and never show weakness (unless you've caught a cold).
Congratulations you’re a man :D

Everything else stays the same.

Edit (regarding below): If that is an insult then being called a woman is an insult... whatever happened to equality? :evil:

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
Today 4:27 PM
-->
when the only thing seperating you from being a woman is a warm jacket, gardening gloves, an "orange" in your pants, thoughts about sex every six seconds and never showing weakness (unless you've caught a cold)

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
It would be nice to be a different person sometimes. I wonder what it would be like to be a person who wasn't so opinionated, so analytic, so argumentative at the same time as being oversensitive, awkward and unsure of herself. I wonder what it would be like not to feel compelled to think about everything in such detail and from every angle.

Trouble is that's me. Dog with a bone. Intense, edgy, incisive and uncompromisingly driven to examine the minutiae of everyday life.

I am not neutral. I am unable just to chill out, fit in and go with the flow. I can pretend for a while, but I can't keep it up. I see things and I can't keep quiet when I should because I have a really odd belief that people will appreciate what I have to say. And some people do, but some of the time I think they think I'm an arrogant, interfering thorn in their side.

Odd. I've thought about that a lot too. I used to keep thinking that everything would go better and I would be more accepted as a guy. After all, the "lazy genius" stereotype seems to be restricted to the male population. But both genders have their drawbacks.

On topic: You know you're INTP when you call a forum your second home.

EDIT: I still prefer being female.

Red Mage

Local time
Today 3:27 PM
-->
Odd. I've thought about that a lot too. I used to keep thinking that everything would go better and I would be more accepted as a guy. After all, the "lazy genius" stereotype seems to be restricted to the male population. But both genders have their drawbacks.

Second home? More like first.

I think INTP is the official third gender. Females report feeling too masculine and males more feminine or at least less masculine.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I watch many things in subtitles; I usually don't pay attention to what people are saying, although it was odd that they were using English. I felt I was supposed to be thinking in French for some reason. Bizzare...

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
you cook yourself a nice dinner and then let it go cold because you thought you'd 'just pop in for a quick peek at the INTP forum'.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
you cook yourself a nice dinner and then let it go cold because you thought you'd 'just pop in for a quick peek at the INTP forum'.

hahaha. ive skipped showers and stuff because of a "quick peek"

Mute

Redshirt
Local time
-->

yea i can stand up while i pee during moments of brilliance.

its really something.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->

*guilty as charged*

I kept wondering why the microwave was beeping for so long... *cold dinner*

:(

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
When you sit since three days in the dark because the lightbulb in your room is kaput, but you are too lazy to buy a new one and when someone asks you about it you just mumble "Never liked the light anyway".

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
When you know your dark magicks work and instead of using them to gain money, fame or power, you try to summon a forum member who went AWOL.

You assume too much. Could I not possibly summon him for the purposes of money fame and power? Muahahhaa.... :phear:

(After all, lookit me new avatars)

FireHawk

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm stunned at how many of these apply to me...

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->

Yes, I'd also like to be female for one day. It'd be pretty interesting to find out what having boobs feels like.

FireHawk

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Well it's true!

Thanks for the welcoming though. :D

"When someone of lesser intelligence tries to harass you and you verbally rip them apart"
- Well this could just be me.

I know... I'm a cynist

trife

Redshirt
Local time
-->
when you assign everyone a hex-based name generated through a scrutinous formula designed to ensure complete uniqueness because people sharing the same name confuses you.

when you realize that there is still a ~4billion:1 chance that the formula could produce duplicate designations (not actually calculating the exact ratio because the possibility is too frightening and you must fix this immediately), you incorporate multiple check digits to ensure guaranteed uniqueness.

when you refer to everyone by their new hex-based designation.

when you don't understand why people will not embrace the opportunity for unique classification.

when you have a random, improbable obsession that you always refer back to- like finding the cure to gravity.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
when you don't understand why people will not embrace the opportunity for unique classification.

:D love this one (and welcome!)

when this remains your favourite thread on the forum because it always makes you feel good about yourself.

trife

Redshirt
Local time
-->
when your ligustrum tree has a fungus problem and instead of hiring an arborist to apply fungicide, you spend more money to buy a worm farm and 2,000 worms because you read somewhere (internet) that worm poo is a natural fungicide.

but, maybe that's just me.

when your arguments are preceded by "according to the rules within my own head.."

when your friends actually write a list of the rules within your own head.

and thanks for the welcome :)

Phoenix 966

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When you have an idea or thought that you are trying to convey and it comes out in incomplete nonsensical fragments.(but makes perfect sense in your head)
Spending 10 minutes constantly re-reading my post to make sure its as clear as possible.

trife

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Had my friend email this to me. Some of it may not make sense without context, I'm willing to expound on any point. And despite what this list may say about me.. I am actually well liked.. maybe. Also, these are all things i've said to openings to arguments with my friends. "according to the rules within my own head..." honestly, i don't even remember half of them. but she compiled the list. apparently, she finds amusement from it. but I have very valid reasoning behind each one. some of them I tend to repeat more than others. gravity is a disease, the number 3 is perfection.. gnomes.. don't get me started on the gnomes! i'm currently wearing no socks with my shoes cuz of them >_<

she didn't start the list immediately, so it is missing a few of my personal favorites /shrug

1. Relativity is factual

2. Socks will always be placed in the top drawer.

3. The number 3 is perfection.

4. When walking, dark tiles take priority over lighter ones.

5. I have gas, they have brakes.

6. Books ruin movies. You're simply confused if you think otherwise.

7. If you're sad, buy a plant.

8. You must agree with me, to do otherwise is a folly.

9. The number 9 makes me happy. It is made of 3 groups of 3.

10. Tea is a good source of happy.

11. "Love" is the mortal enemy of the human race.

12. Routine is simply a lack of imagination.

13. Gravity is a disease.

14. The sun declared war first.

15. If I choose to wear a mask, gloves, and goggles, you should do so too very quickly.

16. If we're conversing directly, I'm probably not aware of what either of us are actually talking about.

17. If I didn't hear you, really, I didn't hear you.

18. You can make anything out of triangles.

19. Sand is not fun.

20. You must make you grocery list in order: from entrance to exit. I will not backtrack.

21. Fish is not edible.

22. I can be bribed.

23. I cannot be bribed. [you're not offering enough]

24. You're alloted 2 free questions. Anymore after that will cost you your dignity.

25. Speed limits are merely suggestions.

26. There will be no warning; carry earplugs always.

27. The number 27 is amazing. 3 sets of 3 sets of 3.

28. Your drama is a direct outcome of your own stupidity.

29. If I'm an ass for my beliefs, then your flatulence are the most intelligent things you've ever said.

30. Gnomes are stealing my socks for hats.

31. You cannot go wrong with blue.

32. If you insult me, mental warfare has been declared. You will lose.

33. It's not that im heartless, it's just not as important.

34. It's my business to know more about you than you like.

35. If I say use google, don't question me further.

36. Your inability to quit your addiction proves your weak mentality.

37. If you prove me wrong, you win a cookie.

38. That cookie will contain laxatives.

39. I cannot approve revenge. But I do approve equality.

40. If you think too much with your pocket monster, I cannot take you seriously at all.

41. Coffee was sent from hell to cause me misjollies.

42. Ordering from Starbucks makes you sound fat. No exception.

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->
- When you feel like this thread should be compiled into a document, but can't be bothered to do it yourself.

zephryi

Local time
-->
10. Tea is a good source of happy.

Win x 81 *amused*

To give this some substance... When you see someone reading Keirsey's Please Understand Me, find out that they're an INTJ, then immediately start a discussion. (My Chemistry sub, amazingly enough.)
--

mathy

Local time
Today 3:27 PM
-->
That was quite amusing trife, made my afternoon. Welcome, by the way!

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
- When you feel like this thread should be compiled into a document, but can't be bothered to do it yourself.

i did this a few pages back, only i didnt save the doc i compiled everything in. i guess that makes me pretty J, huh.

... wait, you're not going to burn me at the stake now, are you?

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
There is a function to download a thread as a PDF file. But i'm afraid it doesn't work at the moment.

zephryi

Local time
-->
You can also view it as the printable version, though there's still nine pages to wade through if you set it to 'show 40 posts on one page.' Make it nice and easy to edit after a c&p into a word doc, though, if anyone's willing to wade through the superfluous comments. :D

Android

Solyaris
Local time
-->
You just registered to this forum and it took you half a dozen tries to get your password right.

You sometimes have to run through the alphabet in your head to figure out which letter comes before or after another. Especially J, L, and K. (I hope that one's not just me)

trife

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You just registered to this forum and it took you half a dozen tries to get your password right.

You sometimes have to run through the alphabet in your head to figure out which letter comes before or after another. Especially J, L, and K. (I hope that one's not just me)

lol, sounds like me. Thing is, I only have 3 passwords I ever use, yet somehow, I still takes me half a dozen tries for a lot of thigns.

At first I was like JLK, yeah I have a problem with those three too. Then I realized, its JKL -_-

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
You have a book containing thousands of passwords and use a different one for each site that you visit. You also change your passwords every 3 months, and they are over 30 characters long.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
You have a book containing thousands of passwords and use a different one for each site that you visit. You also change your passwords every 3 months, and they are over 30 characters long.

O.o

- when the word PARANOID ought to be tattooed on your forehead...

Last edited:

Artifice Orisit

Paranoia is a way of life, the INTP way of life to be specific.

I'm watching you (O)(O)

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
When you look up the HTML code for infinity and now want to post every symbol on the list even though it's obnoxious as hell

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
17. You confuse everyone around you with words far too long for casual conversation.

I'll second that.

- Incorrect spelling makes someone incredibly stupid.
- When listening to a boring teacher your mind wanders and you ponder deeps thoughts.

I too am terrible with the alphabet. I thought it was my teachers fault :] Maybe I'll still maintain that.

Last edited by a moderator:

vash22

It's Charlie Chaplin, not Hitler.
Local time
-->
-you actually correct the teacher...... every day.
-you go to the library with your class, and get so into reading you dont notice they left an hour ago.

And finaly!
-You meet the only other person in your highschool who is intelligent, is an internet veteran such as yourself, and can actually relate with you (he was an ENTP). You start having a conversation and try to outdo eachother about the most terrible, disgusting, vial things you've each seen on the internet. You get so into the conversation that you dont realize you're saying all this in the middle of class.... and the last thing you said was horse pron (only seen it once, it scared me)....... and you might have said it WAY to loud........ and everyone is looking at you :phear:

That's right, my very first post was a story involving horse f:eek:ing. i can only go uphill from here!

Top Bottom