• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

dwags222

Local time
Today 10:21 AM
-->
-You think your own idiosyncrasies apply to everyone else who is an INTP

(and now for my next trick i will re-disappear into obscurity)

zephryi

Local time
Today 12:21 PM
-->
-You think the bible needs to be rewritten, or maybe there should be a sequel.

I can't help when reading this but think of River from Firefly when she tries to "fix" the Bible. /end off topic comment

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 6:21 PM
-->
Haha, yea that was a funny scene. Especially Books reaction :D

Ogion

Artifice Orisit

-At least once you've looked up at the stars and thought: I'm on the wrong planet.

-You've considered sending an email to Lucifer(at)yahoo.com just to see what sort of reply you would get.

-You've considered setting up some post-mortem pranks, for example:
You put the keys to your house in the pocket of your favourite suit then ensure that is the suit you're buried in. During the funeral a tape you prepared earlier is played and gives instructions for one of your relatives to take the keys from your pocket, then after a momentary pause it blurts out "ha ha, you touched my Pness".

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
- you take pride in being the most inappropriately dressed at a social gathering.

will it ever end?

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
Today 5:21 PM
-->
- The only strong emotion you felt all day was mild outrage at the triple post by Cognisant ;)

- You have considered posting on the Inroit section a welcome to somebody multiple times, and even started to, but decided against it because you dislike talking to people before knowing them more. (Which is what is great about forums...you can hear someone without talking to them and with no social obligation).

Artifice Orisit

Bah, debauchery and slander this is, I have made no such "triple post".

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
-->
But I know the truth! I saw it! What kind of 1984 world is this?

Anling

Local time
-->
When you can turn the smallest incidents into a full fledged conspiracy theory.

Axxom

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:21 AM
-->
When you spend your night doing extra credit assignments that you deem more interesting than the five missing assignments you have in that class.

envymiyoni

Redshirt
Local time
-->
* When you copy and paste all of the foregoing quotes that apply to you into a word document and then realize you're the only person who would be interested enough to read it.

* When you prefer to text rather than talk on the phone.
**When you prefer to text so much that on your personal voicemail you leave specific instructions not to leave a voice message, but to text you instead.

* You would love to live in a large city like New York, Paris, or Montreal simply for the anonymity.

*You mentally parse others conversations to render them more concise and accurate.

Juno

Local time
-->
You've had to print out page 2 of 4 in a set of forms for the 8th time because every time that you fill out the information the slightest smudge of your pen messed up the writing.

oh, its possible that the clerical staff will accept it...But you don't.

dammit...ninth time now. :(

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
oh, its possible that the clerical staff will accept it...But you don't.

Ahh so true. That damned proud perfectionist instinct that comes out once in a while: people say "who cares?" or "nobody will notice" or "they will never know!" and I invariably, almost automatically, reply "I care! I noticed! I'll know!"

so... You know you're an INTP when in the most inopportune of times you have the downtrodden idealist inside poke its sorry head out and declare Truth against all odds! All or nothing! Perfection or death!... Usually making you fail miserably...

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
You go to get some money out of the ATM, take your card and forget the money - all because you were ruminating about how the hell you were going to pay back the £3000 tax credit overpayment which is largely the fault of the HM Revenue department but you still have to pay it...

Local time
-->
&%: you are very aware that someone is talking to you, to the point that you totally miss what they were saying.

^**: you ask someone to repeat what they were saying, then realise what they were saying before they repeat it, then interrupt them whilst they are repeating it because what they are saying is now redundant.

"£$: you are finding more creative ways for listing these statements

?K?:: you are taking too long to compose the list

you have got bored with listing the statements

you wish you could have thought of better words than "list" and "statement"

you probably think there was one more point you could make

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
You watch yourself put orange juice into your tea and don't realise you've done it until you see the milk in the fridge as you're putting the orange juice away.

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You watch yourself put orange juice into your tea and don't realise you've done it until you see the milk in the fridge as you're putting the orange juice away.

Hmm, I've never thought of trying orange juice in my tea. Was it serendipitous?

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
Hmm, I've never thought of trying orange juice in my tea. Was it serendipitous?

I chucked it down the sink - it was first thing in the morning! But now you've got my curiosity piqued.

Broden

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When you do something to your family member/partner you know annoys them just to see what their reaction will be..

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
Tomorrow 12:21 AM
-->
When you have a brilliant plan you'll implement later on...

zephryi

Local time
-->
When you do something to your family member/partner you know annoys them just to see what their reaction will be..

Continuing in that vein...

When you and your NF friend try social experiments on your friends for fun... and when the NF starts feeling guilty after awhile, you can't quite understand why... It's not like you're hurting anyone... :)

The Sky Fell

Redshirt
Local time
-->
*F9. when whoever you just insulted doesn't realize you did so and laughs until you interrupt him or her with, "you do know I just insulted you, right.?"

-b+3x. you make notes to self of ideas you plan to ponder just so you don't forget.

Carnap

Local time
-->
What's the point of insulting people? I only go there if people overstep their limits with me.

Some guy kept making fun of my (very light) accent yesterday until finally I just let him have it subtly. I hope I crushed him. How dare anyone make fun of foreigners for making the effort to adapt to a (shitty shitty) culture. Damn France to hell. I hate this place.

Vatroslav

the Void
Local time
-->
When your sentence frequently contain answers to all of the 5 W questions. :)

meshram.alok

Local time
Today 9:51 PM
-->
Alpha) You meticulously read the whole thread and either jumped with recognition or thought about what to write, but forgot when you began.

Dos. You write reminders to yourself on your palm.

3. You have these strange moments when you realise, "I'm alive!"

Quadro) You think that the present human race conditions (culture) isn't very different from past cultures, only the form has changed.

Penta. You thus love to imagine what a possible future culture would be like, given the current fads and practices.

9 inverted) You have this constant disapproval of those who haven't developed their cognitive abilities enough, and thus pity them because they cannot see or appreciate beauty the way you can (or maybe make an overt effort to make them see it, only to be faced with disappointment).

Luck) You've thought these higher processes need to be expressed in some form or the other, but cannot simply do so, as you might have to invent a whole new method of expression.

(Infinity rotated 90 degrees ) You remember your forgotten points midway.

*insert metaphorical representation of 9 here* You incessantly pace around when on the brink of designing something.

10) You love using words like "incessantly"

Eleventeen) When you've been appreciated by an ENFJ "Teacher" (these often happen to be English/Literature teachers for me) and thus develop an almost instantaenous Love, especially their ability to appreciate that you aren't "Lost in yourself", but highly intelligent, and need to be encouraged rather than discouraged.

12) You ask yourself, "Why is it that what I'm looking for cannot be found anywhere but things I was looking for earlier (and are no use now) are popping up everywhere?"

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
> When there is an epidemiological emergency state in your country and while everybody is upset you crack morbid jokes about the apocalypse.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
> When there is an epidemiological emergency state in your country and while everybody is upset you crack morbid jokes about the apocalypse.

When listening to the news you believe that the hype around 'swine fever' is probably being exaggerated by pharmaceutical companies to boost their sales of anti-virals to the paranoid West.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
When listening to the news you believe that the hype around 'swine fever' is probably being exaggerated by pharmaceutical companies to boost their sales of anti-virals to the paranoid West.

That's awesome! I live in Texas and I work at a middle school. My principal sent the secretary out to buy massive amounts of hand sanitizer and things like that for the school. It's mass hysteria. But when you look at how many cases are actually out there, it's pretty small. CNN is currently reporting 73 cases worldwide. 73 out of how many billions of people?

In all likelihood, regular old flu will kill thousands more people in the US this year than swine flu.

But I'd better go, I have a nasty cough and I think I'm getting a fever. :D

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
That's awesome! I live in Texas and I work at a middle school. My principal sent the secretary out to buy massive amounts of hand sanitizer and things like that for the school. It's mass hysteria. But when you look at how many cases are actually out there, it's pretty small. CNN is currently reporting 73 cases worldwide. 73 out of how many billions of people?

In all likelihood, regular old flu will kill thousands more people in the US this year than swine flu.

But I'd better go, I have a nasty cough and I think I'm getting a fever. :D

apparently lots of people in the US have had it already and it manifests as no more than a mild flu.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
haha some kid told me today that swine fever will kill you in 2 weeks. i didnt buy it for a second, but then everyone else started to make it out like it's an epidemic.

just goes to show that people love panic, or at least the spread of it.

oh right: when those close to you complain that you need to sort out your priorities

zephryi

Local time
-->
-You get on Wikipedia to look up something on a whim... and then remember exactly what you were going to look up a day later after never actually getting to the site. @____@

bdubs

Local time
-->
You get into a heated argument with a roommate about the relative toxicity of daddy long leg venom and end it by looking up the topic in several reputable sources other than wikipedia because it may not be accurate.

http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html

He still thought that I may be wrong, but refused to search for a website that supported his side of the argument.:D

meshram.alok

Local time
-->
When looking at the following excites you:

<div align="center">

<table width=942 height="100%" border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 background="http://www.explosm.net/images/prdy/background.gif"><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 0px 10px; font: 12px arial; color: #000000;">
<div id="maincontent" style="background-color: #EEEEEE">

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
you know that when your 16yo INTJ daughter comes in with her thumb in her mouth and snuggles up to you on the sofa what she needs is to have her cheek stroked softly until she's ready to tell you what the matter is (if she wants to talk otherwise she'll just bounce up & off after a while in a happier mood).

Artifice Orisit

When looking at the following excites you:

<div align="center">

<table width=942 height="100%" border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 background="http://www.explosm.net/images/prdy/background.gif"><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 0px 10px; font: 12px arial; color: #000000;">
<div id="maincontent" style="background-color: #EEEEEE">
Not bad HTML, although unfortunately lacking a direct neural connection to the internet my brain is unable to perceive what the image is, without actually coding up a page on the computer to look at it.
I'm so sick of using a keyboard, I want a neural interface.

meshram.alok

Local time
-->
When sometimes you articulate a startling observation to nobody in particular, and receive suspicious looks from everyone around you.

Postscript624

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You feel like Wikipedia has been structured exactly for your thought process.

After you finally perform an action you spend the next day considering the potential consequences.

You've used the word "system" to describe social events. As in "a party is really just a chaotic system of social interaction which follows fairly regular and recognizable patterns."

You've actually tried to/succeeded in understanding those underlying patterns which govern parties, gatherings, etc.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
You read faster in binary than in your native language.

See chaos theory in action in a bowl of alphabet soup.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
When you cannot contain your incredulity with things such as this.

zephryi

Local time
-->
You've actually tried to/succeeded in understanding those underlying patterns which govern parties, gatherings, etc.

My friend and I divided our lunch table into the usual conversation groups and used MBTI and the enneagram to analyze the blocks in intra and inter relationships, including discussion topics brought up, paths of influence, and the major influencing preference on the group and subgroups. :D

Elixir

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 3:21 AM
-->
When you want to post an idea but feel that it's so obvious that you begin to second guess yourself...

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
(Welcome Elixir. Classy avvie)

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->
- When seeing someone you know coming towards you while walking down the road is a Situation.

Deleted member 1424

When you hate going to the local walmart, because you will always see people you know there.

When you hate going to places where you used to work; since you will be expected to say hi to everyone you worked with.(who you all secretly hated)

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
When you thought about how humans taste.

Top Bottom