• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Least favorite MBTI type?

INTPINFP

Local time
Today 11:25 PM
-->
Definitely ESTJ. A lot of the MBTI types have good attributes, there are even E types that have high intellegience. But I simply cannot find any positive attributes of the ESTJ. Probably only the skill of rote memorization.

The ESTJ sounds like someone who simply follows what they are told, and does not require any critical thought to do so. Also said is that they reject new theories, principles and abstract ideas if it does not conform to their beliefs or schedules.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
Definitely ESTJ. A lot of the MBTI types have good attributes, there are even E types that have high intellegience. But I simply cannot find any positive attributes of the ESTJ. Probably only the skill of rote memorization.

The ESTJ sounds like someone who simply follows what they are told, and does not require any critical thought to do so. Also said is that they reject new theories, principles and abstract ideas if it does not conform to their beliefs or schedules.

ESTJs are not the types to 'follow' (that tends to be ISXJ), unless they are being presented regulations from people whose authority is higher than their own. As to there being E-types of high intelligence, many world leaders and revolutionary scientists have come from the "E crowd" (more specifically ENTP, ENTJ, ENFJ, etc).

As to the initially proposed question, what do you mean by that? Do you mean, given a group of highly immature and emotionally unbalanced people, what would be my least favored negative display of a stereotypical type? Or are you actually asking what Jungian jumble is my least favored?

INTPINFP

Local time
-->
Just, if you had to choose a MBTI type you would be for the rest of your natural life, which one would be on the bottom of your list?

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
Today 3:25 PM
-->
ESFJ

INTPINFP

Local time
-->
Now, which one would be on the top of your list, fellows?

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
-->

Enne

Local time
-->
Uhm ... least favorite... well I would have to say anything that took away my blessed Ne would be horrid... I think that the least inspired of the Jungian types would be Si, so I'd say a type that went off Si first and foremost ... um.. ISTJ?

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
Today 6:25 PM
-->
Anyone that put's X's in their type because they think they're both, or lower case letters because that function is "a low percent" on the tests for them, or people who consistently think that "P" and "J" is it's own function axis and not simply an indicator of which axis is extroverted and which is introverted.

Enne

Local time
-->
Anyone that put's X's in their type because they think they're both, or lower case letters because that function is "a low percent" on the tests for them,

That really bothers you? I always thought the 'X's were place markers to indicate that they would come to a decision / realization at a later time.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
That really bothers you? I always thought the 'X's were place markers to indicate that they would come to a decision / realization at a later time.
No I think a lower case "x" indicates indecision, and the upper case "X" indicates that they think they are both.

They piss me off too, everybody want's to be the god damned anomaly, when in reality they just don't understand the theory.

Robert

Local time
-->
To be fair quite a lot of people don't cleanly fit into the personality types. Wasn't it something like 25% of people professionally tested don't identify with the results?

You might claim that they don't want to be easily pinned down into a system or something - but I think that's a partial truth. I think quite a few people really don't fit cleanly in.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
we sort of already have a thread like this. I think ESTJ topped the list, with ESFJs reasonably close behind.
Yeah, but I've changed my answer since then. I HATE INFJs. They are smart, but they are so totally stubborn and close-minded and can be extreme BITCHES. It's good that they're only 1% of the population.

(Case in point: my mom. When she says inane things I can't ignore her (it's rude), I can't tell her that I don't give a fuck (it's rude) and I just barely mumble polite things to her, but at a high emotional cost to myself. Talking to her politely makes me angry. There's no way to make her go away, and my less-than-interactive answers make her talk to me more.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: out of 5.

If anyone says "It's not her making you angry, it's you making yourself angry", then I will stab you through the internet. I am not in the mood for that kind of solipsism/existentialism. :beatyou:

They piss me off too, everybody want's to be the god damned anomaly, when in reality they just don't understand the theory.
QFT

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Tomorrow 12:25 AM
-->
I hate INTJs because they have the ego with the size of small galaxies.
I hate ESTJs because they are jerks and proud of it.
I hate ESTPs because they are greedy bastards.
I hate ISFJs because they are self-righteous and "holier than thou".
I hate ENFPs because they are way too optimistic and blue-eyed.
I hate ISTJs because they want to control everything.
I hate ESFJs because they want to control everyone.
I hate INFPs because all they do is whining and complaining.
I hate ENTPs because they are loud-mouthed and have no sense for responsibility.
I hate INFJs because they put their ideals over everything else.
I hate INTPs because they are just lazing around instead of actually improving things.
I hate ISFPs because they are selfish hedonists.
I hate ENFJs because they are manipulative bastards/bitches.
I hate ESFPs because all they know is fun.
I hate ISTPs because they are rebellious... just because.
I hate ENTJs because they are way too powerhungry.

:rolleyes:

Aiss

int p;
Local time
-->
STJs. Because they're completely incapable of any kind of innovation. Arrrrgh.

Enne

Local time
-->
No I think a lower case "x" indicates indecision, and the upper case "X" indicates that they think they are both.

*shrugs* I think you take 'the theory' far too seriously. I see MBTI and any other psychological tool as a place holder until we develop the resources necessary to better understand human beings.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->

oh shi-, I just remembered when I incorporated this annoyance into some flaming at the INFJ forum.
Satya is pretty fricken arrogant and close-minded. By the way, you're J. I noticed the XNFX type, and I just thought I'd let you know. Your Ni is showing.
(Why am I even on that forum? Oh right... the flaming...)

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
*shrugs* I think you take 'the theory' far too seriously. I see MBTI and any other psychological tool as a place holder until we develop the resources necessary to better understand human beings.
Considering I have yet to find any holes in the theory, I think it will be pretty likely that this theory might just be the foundation of that next leap, and it would probably be a good idea have a strong understanding of it.

But if having an understanding of something is "taking it too seriously", then I guess we should just stop learning about all scientific fields until we have complete certainty that all of our models and theories are 100% foolproof.

transformers

Local time
-->
ESTJ's are the worst. They are so controlling and judgmental, and don't seem to understand that other people don't think like them. They think their way is the ONLY acceptable way to do something, and will insult, berate, and reject anyone who doesn't live up their standards. It's a horrible, abrasive personality type. Maybe there are kind, open minded ESTJ's out there, but every one I have met has been like this.

Enne

Local time
-->
Considering I have yet to find any holes in the theory, I think it will be pretty likely that this theory might just be the foundation of that next leap, and it would probably be a good idea have a strong understanding of it.

But if having an understanding of something is "taking it too seriously", then I guess we should just stop learning about all scientific fields until we have complete certainty that all of our models and theories are 100% foolproof.

The ability to question any preexisting model is the first catalytic step in defining a new one. Were there no theorists willing to take a good look at failings or inconsistencies in any existing models, there would be no need to advance our understanding of any field. Taking MBTI too seriously only means that you are looking at this theory as an infallable end all that can be used to categorize any human individual, which is strange since the indicator's advocates usually claim a ~70% accuracy rate, and that an additional 20-25% of people cannot be accurately typed. From my perception, you seem to be clinging to the theory to the point where you cannot see it in terms of a working model; it seems to be some absolute irrefutable truth to you, when in reality it's only the categorized results of evolving research. I don't believe that all existing theories are flawless, and to claim that understanding and objective questioning cannot coexist is fairly illogical.

komiyama-nahori

komiyama-nahori
Local time
-->
I don't like ENTJ at all, they have problems

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
Are ESTJ's the most common type?

Aiss

int p;
Local time
-->
Are ESTJ's the most common type?

Different sources give different data, but it's always some kind of SJ (ISTJ or ISFJ usually). Nearly half of the population, they are.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
I hate INTJs because they have the ego with the size of small galaxies.

Lol. That was the best one.

I think I'm kind of a mix of a INTJ, ENTP, ISTP and maybe ISTJ. But then... I'm REALLY lazy (well depending on what it is I'm lazy about). I procrastinate...

I don't actively TRY To control everything. I just think it would be rather convenient if I did. No one would be in a hurry anymore. My ego is only as big as it is bi-polar. So it's huge (sometimes), not as consistent as an INTJs.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
Actually, I'll change my post: ESFP. They're too bloody nice. (I know that sounds weird.) Thing is, because of the N/S barrier, half the time I can't even hold a decent conversation with them because they don't generally get my humor. Then they're probably going to have some verbal tic or habit that grinds my nerves down (everyone does, really) and THEN they're going to assume we're the bestest fwends ever on the basis of a five minute conversation and latch onto me.

But they're generally so bloody nice I can't hate them without feeling like a jackass myself.

I can't imagine being like that, and if I so much as suspected I was having the kind of effect on others that they have on me, I'd run away and live in the deepest forest I could find, where bears could eat me and no-one would ever even know.

Sparrow

Banned
Local time
-->
ESFJ. Easily.

KazeCraven

crazy raven
Local time
Today 5:25 PM
-->
Honestly I'd probably have to say ESTP. The people who rub me the wrong way are usually close to this type. Dominate the conversation, talk about boring stuff, quick to take me literally if I slip up and blurt out something, etc. And, of course, they take it all as a joke, so if I get serious about what they say, then I'm seen as overreacting. Highly irritating. If it were an ESTJ, I'd bet we'd be openly arguing, which is way cooler. Not to mention that ESTPs are a pain to work with. /rant

Of course, I'm only talking about the people who are douchebags in the first place, because there are great people of every type.

Top Bottom