• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Reasons why you hate humanity

• Thread starter Artifice Orisit
  • Start date

Artifice Orisit

Pretty self explanatory really, this is where you can vent about things that make you ashamed to be human.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
Today 4:22 PM
-->
Actually, I love Humanity, it's people I can't stand. Humanity would be so much better off if there were no people. :D

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 1:22 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
How is it that humanity gets so stupid in groups?! Nearly all of them are competent on an individual level in their own way, but when they get together...

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 7:22 AM
-->
Genitals, eww. I'd rather be a disembodied mind and achieve mental orgasm.

And what the hell is up with poo? I don't need poo in my life. Get out!

Oh.....shit.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Today 2:22 PM
-->
Do you want names, Cog? :p

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 10:22 PM
-->
How is it that humanity gets so stupid in groups?! Nearly all of them are competent on an individual level in their own way, but when they get together...

That would be my point, too. Also, I don't hate humanity. Why should I? Hate doesn't solve any problems.

"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."
Mary Wollstonecraft

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
I think it has to do with inverse proportion. The more people you have, the lower the total brain-power.
According to this panel of psychiatric and cognitive dissonance experts....

montypythonDoctors.jpg

...an individual only uses ten percent of one's total brain-power so, given y=k/x, where k is the constant 10% then, for the total population of the Earth: .10/6,700,000,000 = 1.4925374 percent of the total human brain-power.
Consider what the figure will be when we reach 9 billion in 2050.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
But why? It doesn't seem like a very clever concept. Maybe everyone relies on the other persons in the group to take care and neglect to think for themselves and it ends that no one takes care?

Sapphire Harp

Local time
Today 2:22 PM
-->
But why? It doesn't seem like a very clever concept. Maybe everyone relies on the other persons in the group to take care and neglect to think for themselves and it ends that no one takes care?

Some group experiences I remember in school, it felt like I was losing all my ability to think and process because it was being drained away as I kept up on the proceedings of the group. Who was saying what, reacting to what, etc... It felt like mental deflation into the now... so, I think it's true. I remember I couldn't think worth a damn in those moments.

One particular example I can think of, it was the people who felt like they were the disassociated minority were the ones who came up with everything...

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
What I experience is similar, Sapphire. I find that in a group of more than 4 or 5 people, I am so busy analysing, extrapolating and formulating responses to individual streams of a conversation that I lose track of the conversation.

As far as the OP is concerned Anthile, and disregarding my two previous attempts at humour, to hate Humanity is to hate one's self, as one is part of Humanity. We may act on emotional response when in a group and we may not use our intellect to the fullest extent possible (...and we do use 100% of our brains) but, we are all we have in this universe right now, so we should figure out how to get along togehter or face the inevitable extinction.

Razare

Local time
-->
Reasons why I hate humanity:

- Primarily, social interaction is required to be successful, not intelligence, skill, competency, or knowledge. It may sound obvious, but I didn't find out this nasty little secret until I was 20.

- Feelings being the preferred mechanism of decision making among a majority of the population.

- FacetiousPersona

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Well, if we can trust Douglas Adams the remaining 90% of the brain do contain penguins. ;)

Hm, lets assume there is a group of five people and they have to fulfil a specific task. All of them are equally intelligent and talented.
One of the individuals will (subconsciously) think something like "There are four other fairly competent persons around to do the work. I will do just the least to spare my ressources". Tough luck, because everyone else thinks the same way - and only the least will be done.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Well, if we can trust Douglas Adams the remaining 90% of the brain do contain penguins. ;)
My 90% is actually Oklahoma free-range jellyfish but... shh... dont tell anyone.:phear:

Local time
Today 9:22 PM
-->
^^Anthile, but if they aren't equally intelligent and talented then they will do the job just because they are told to.

didyouknow

Local time
Tomorrow 6:22 AM
-->
I hate how rare it is to find someone who understands they they might be wrong and can actually compare the two arguments to find the solution instead of just being so grounded in their opinion that they argue things without knowing anything about it.

I hate that people think I disagree with them because I don't understand what they're saying, not because I think they're wrong.

Juno

Local time
-->
My landlord is a real estate agent and I can hear him quite clearly when he is on the phone making deals. The thing that I hate is that he lies and bullshits his way through sales and people buy it.

1) I want to ram his phone down his throat right now.
2) I'm sad that the clients that he talks to can't decipher his crap.

ung. I need to move.

Vatroslav

the Void
Local time
-->
I have these moments (which are pretty frequent) when I hate humanity simply because of the global stupidity that takes place these days...

The other days I feel pity...

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->
I believe that NT types should have something to distinguish themselves from the common folk... perhaps something along the lines of a glowing blue halo around our heads. Laser eyes would be nice, too.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
I don't hate humanity but there are things I hate about humanity.

I hate how rare it is to find someone who understands they they might be wrong and can actually compare the two arguments to find the solution instead of just being so grounded in their opinion that they argue things without knowing anything about it.

I hate that people think I disagree with them because I don't understand what they're saying, not because I think they're wrong.
^ This is a pretty big one.

And xenophobia. And selfishness.

ArcusDog

Local time
-->
My 90% is actually Oklahoma free-range jellyfish but... shh... dont tell anyone.:phear:

My 85% consists of a colony of Blue Footed Boobies (they secretly leave me 5% to use as I please, but I'm much too lazy to do so).

ArcusDog

Local time
-->
I didn't choose them. They chose me.

merzbau

Local time
Tomorrow 7:22 AM
-->
this pretty much sums it up for me.
Chris Chrittenden - A Letter to the Future

I will not tout the "wonders" of my age or bask in ostentation or jingoism; mine is primarily an ethical and spiritual communication, one that paints the contemporary ugliness in a naked light, eschewing euphemism and not even attempting to conceal my shame at being a member of this society and hence culpable; for I live in a time when one cannot get by without playing the venal games that riddle our neurotic institutions through and through; indeed, I could not afford the luxury of this letter if I had not earned the opportunity through participation in our oppressive social structures. As much as I have tried to be good, I cannot wholly escape the influence of my culture.

Our economic system, corporate capitalism, is a major transmogrifier, promoting egoism paired with a ravenous insecurity never more than fleetingly satisfied by compulsive consumption of vacuous products; concomitantly there arises a deep-seated apathy regarding concerns outside one's little consumerist bubble. In other words, consumers are addicted to a created need tailored to fit a created self-identity and easily controlled by those possessing the desideratum, which itself is a fiction: money. My world is run by an oligarchic plutocracy that puppeteers the teaming masses who form the stout base of the socioeconomic pyramid. They toil so drainingly to eke out a subsistence that no energy remains for reflection. In this category I include not just the lower but the middle classes as well; yet even the aristocracy languishes in the web of deceit and illusion darkly nurtured by a twisted need to control. Insecurity breeds insecurity.

Loathsome as it is in isolation, the economic tendril is but one protuberance of a monstrous mechanism of social control finely interwoven with the cultural fabric and relying not so much on physical as mental warfare to achieve its soul-deadening ends. One might call this scourge "acculturation," but it is more than that, it has a life of its own, it reproduces offspring and grows. It is an insidious presence, an underhanded presence, and perhaps most terrifyingly, one that perhaps cannot be stopped. Those in power are as harnessed by the mind control as those they manipulate. Everyone wears the bit of the beast, whose economic component alone is enough to snake through every mind, erecting a labyrinth of unhappiness; but the bit is multi-sided, multi-strapped, secured by many bonds twining and weaving with each other and the human soul, knotting into a complexity of tormentive shackling no one could unravel let alone convey perspicuously to paper. For instance, the beast fosters bigotries and rules of privilege that immiserate everyone, especially the subordinate groups who serve as outlets for the dominators' frustrations, but the latter also suffer, for their callous actions require callous minds that by their very closed-mindedness cannot be free or know the true beauty of existence.

What we have, then, at the root, is a vampiric society that has made itself unaware of its vampirism through the unconscious though highly sophisticated perpetuation and nurturance of a mental virus hiding behind the rubric of cherished icons such as tradition, capitalism, patriotism, family values; infecting the minds of our citizenry with moral and psychological diseases; and serving as a prerequisite and impetus to unspeakably evil yet systematic practices.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
Several things I hate about humanity:

1) when people judge others; it is not your place
2) will not consider other POVs
3) expect everyone to see the world exactly the way they do, and if they don't then they are placed in some humiliating category
4) are mean
5) are rude
6) are inconsiderate
7) are unwilling to change

... and about a several thousand other things, but I'll stop here for now.

Mute

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I hate the distance between me and humanity-though it is much of my own doing..

I resent them for it.

Short and simple.

and Js can be a real bitch!

vash22

It's Charlie Chaplin, not Hitler.
Local time
-->
We haven't yet evolved into superhumans who can control the weather, fight crime, and live forever.

Speak for yourself. UP UP AND AWAAAAAY! *flies away*

Local time
-->
when adam didn't win on american idol. =3 I wasn't that big of a fan, but he was undeniably better.

strangeguy

Local time
-->
I use to hate humans. But i realise it's no use hating them.
However i know that one day all of humanity will end because of humanity itself

ChristopherL

Banned
Local time
-->
Because were just big dumb animals who never actually learn anything.

ChristopherL

Banned
Local time
-->

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
I use to hate humans. But i realise it's no use hating them.
However i know that one day all of humanity will end because of humanity itself

Here's hoping!

Devil_drinks.gif

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
If America hadn't intervened with television we would have had HD back in 1986...

Its that old! But noooooooo... America wanted hundreds of poor quality channels so they could put more rubbish on...

Typical...

Android

Solyaris
Local time
-->
HD has always seemed like nothing more than a new way for some corporations to make money to me... picture clarity before HD was just fine and still is.. it is not an impediment to my viewing pleasure at all.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
HD has always seemed like nothing more than a new way for some corporations to make money to me... picture clarity before HD was just fine and still is.. it is not an impediment to my viewing pleasure at all.

I saw a 6ft HD tv being marketed by one of the big corporations. I have no idea why someone might need something that large; I assume that they meant to have it in their living room. I can only think of how much of the TV screen you wouldn't see, the waste of electricity, and having to dispose of something that large.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
Yeah, the hoopla over HD just proves that they would rather market programming with more pixels than actually make better programming to watch. I'd rather watch something interesting on freaking black and white analog than Dancing With the Who Gives a Shit Who You Are...Stars, or whatever on HD.

Of course, you gotta admit that HD picture is impressive though, for what it is. Personally I'm still waiting for Smell-o-Vision. :)

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
HD-tv is already outdated.

I'm waiting for when they realise vinyl was the best format and revert back to it. Voyager 1 & 2 have a golden vinyl bolted to them with instructions on how to play it for alien lifeforms. I find this amusing. Whats better yet is that it plays back at 16⅔ rpm.

GPN-2000-001978.jpg

Local time
Tomorrow 4:22 AM
-->
The land where a merlion is the country's official
No need for eloquence- humans are imperfect, yet they run the world.

Weirdly enough, there is much beauty in the irony, if anyone can see what I'm trying to say.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
...an individual only uses ten percent of one's total brain-power .

This is a New Age-y let's tap into the deeper consciousness myth. People use all of their brains, and different parts of their brains together.

Local time
-->
This is a New Age-y let's tap into the deeper consciousness myth. People use all of their brains, and different parts of their brains together.

I'm not one for introductions or greetings and I like getting to the point; I really do not mean any insolence or harm, but, do you have adequate evidence to back your claim up?

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Uh, wouldn't it be more logical to assume that every part of the brain is 'active' and then to search backup for the claim of "90% are unused"?
I have honestly a hard time to think 90% of the brain just are unused, wouldn't they rot? lol

Ogion

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I'm not one for introductions or greetings and I like getting to the point; I really do not mean any insolence or harm, but, do you have adequate evidence to back your claim up?

Just a small taste.

i think the idea that we only use 10% for conscious, self aware thought gets confused with the misconception that we only use 10%.

Local time
-->
Uh, wouldn't it be more logical to assume that every part of the brain is 'active' and then to search backup for the claim of "90% are unused"?
I have honestly a hard time to think 90% of the brain just are unused, wouldn't they rot? lol

Ogion

mmmh well, not really, because you won't really know how the brain works in the first place, unless you've read medicine in uni. Basic biology would have suggested the functions of data transfer in the form of neurotransmitters as well as certain parts of the brain serving different purposes (e.g. amygdala, etc), but the question is: whether or not we have utilised them to the best of our ability.

the phrase "90% is unused" can be taken literally or somewhat abstractly. It can mean that 90% of the mass or parts are unused or that 90% contains the potential to achieve greater things, but people have just not utilized them fully.

I would not assume something when I do not have anything to suggest it in that direction, let alone make a conclusion. I am not exactly one for conjecture. I am definitely open to suggestions, but I'd like to see all sides of a concept first before I pass any judgement.

That's just me, though.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
Not maximizing the usage of all of your brain is not the same as making a claim that 90% of it is unused. =/

Top Bottom