• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Astrological Signs for INTPs

Your sign?

• Aries, March 21 - April 19

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Taurus, April 20 - May 20

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Gemini, May 21 - June 20

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Cancer, June 21 - July 22

Votes: 47 12.6%
  • Leo, July 23 - August 22

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Virgo, August 23 - September 22

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Libra, September 23 - October 22

Votes: 33 8.8%
  • Scorpio, October 23 - November 21

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • Sagittarius, November 22 - December 21

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Capricorn, December 22 - January 19

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Aquarius, January 20 - February 18

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Pisces, February 19 - March 20

Votes: 19 5.1%

• Total voters

no0k

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:30 PM
-->
Temporally cyclic magnetic fields interact with the human brain during development to produce tendencies towards different cognitive structures at different times in the year.

Astrology is srs, guys. Don't laugh.

And that statement is true considering magnetism is just another force of energy, as are the ELECTRICAL synapses in our brains. Most people here know how magnets are made. Correlation, perhaps?

It's also interesting to note that as human beings, we are made of the same elements that were created through fusion by our sun millions of years ago. The sun also happens to have a massive +/- magnetic field surrounding it. Why shouldn't our precise placement in relation to the sun during the time of our awakened awareness (sensory consciousness, IE. getting slapped on the ass when were born to stimulate the nervous system) have some sort of affect on how our mind might develop?

Not to say that our life's experiences might not completely change us, but I guarantee the exact polar opposites would be a rarity. Good thing there are billions of people on the planet to create statistics of anomallies. AND SOME OF THEM MIGHT EVEN BE ON THESE FORUMS. Go figure.:elephant:

If there is anything we learn as we grow older it's that nothing is ever completely discredible, as nothing is ever completely right in the sense of everyone's perspective.

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
-->
*bump*

I think we can call this a pretty even distribution. Very interesting to see this! So much for zodiac sign impacting your personality.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 11:30 AM
-->
*bump*

I think we can call this a pretty even distribution. Very interesting to see this! So much for zodiac sign impacting your personality.
Maybe, but you have to consider that "professional" astrology is more than Sun Sign.

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
-->
Maybe, but you have to consider that "professional" astrology is more than Sun Sign.

I don't have to consider anything of the sort, but what is meant by "professional" astrology?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I don't have to consider anything of the sort, but what is meant by "professional" astrology?
This poll is not enough evidence to conclude that Zodiac Sign has no impact on personality because Astrology has more factors than Sun Sign.

By "professional", I mean Astrology that is practiced without reducing the complex nature of it for a quick read, as many New Age and pop-psyche sites do.

Zionoxis

Local time
-->
This poll is not enough evidence to conclude that Zodiac Sign has no impact on personality because Astrology has more factors than Sun Sign.

By "professional", I mean Astrology that is practiced without reducing the complex nature of it for a quick read, as many New Age and pop-psyche sites do.
But are Zodiac signs only directly impacted by the 'Sun Sign'? I was under the impression your Zodiac Sign was based upon the month you were born and thus, it was just a 'Sun Sign'.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
But are Zodiac signs only directly impacted by the 'Sun Sign'? I was under the impression your Zodiac Sign was based upon the month you were born and thus, it was just a 'Sun Sign'.
Yes. Zodiac sign = Sun Sign.

Astrological reading is more than Sun Sign though. Yea I'm being technical, but although we have data to conclude type is not related to sun sign, Astrology could still be a valid factor.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
I'm a cancer and I find that the description for cancers, as well as the description for my specific date of birth describes me well. However, it's all about perception. There are other things that don't fit with my personality at all.

I do think it's interesting that the sign of cancer is slightly dominate here though.

systembust

Local time
Today 1:30 PM
-->
I was thinking about this very thing a few nights ago, I am a Cancer and I'd imagined that there were probably a high concentration of INTP's that were Cancers. I'm actually on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer.

I do think it's interesting that the sign of cancer is slightly dominate here though.

Same. I've long suspected this, and it's good to see some data that supports it (however unscientifically gathered). Nice thread.

Code_Name_Ozz

Asatru Godi
Local time
Today 12:30 PM
-->
I'm Aquarius... which I think matches INTP better than any of the other astrological signs!

I can see why you think that. Like Virgo, Aquarius values practicality. Both signs are also introverted, and prefer to think rather than feel. However, Aquarius being a fixed sign does not always appreciate flexibilty. Flexibilty is vital to perception, as what is precieved is subject to change. Virgo being a mutable sign, relishes flexibilty, and accepts change as it happens. This is why I think Virgo is better suited with INTP than the other signs.

AureliaSeverina

nice kitty
Local time
Today 7:30 PM
-->
I'm Aquarius... which I think matches INTP better than any of the other astrological signs!
+1
Aquarians are said to always sit and think about the future or an ideal better world but they aren't necessarily interested in doing anything themselves towards achieving these goals. Sounds pretty INTP-ish to me :) Also, they are said to be stubborn and to disappear for long periods of time without any explanation and then to return as if nothing has happened.

I'm an INTJ and apparently leo/virgo (born on a cusp). Fits pretty well, but I suppose if you combine any two different astrological profiles, that will pretty much cover most forms of human behaviour.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Those stats seem to reveal nothing more than mere chance.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 2:30 AM
-->
Aquarius is the idea provider of the zodiacs and one of the weird ones at that so I guess it should be the INTP mascot. (Though I don't believe in Astrology anymore, it is quite useful for opening conversations.)

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Looking at the poll, out of 322 posters, there seems to be almost no correlation with star signs at all.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
My birth day and month is late April; Taurus, thus, seems to apply.

Whatever information you can dredge up from this is beyond me.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Excellent!!! I was really hoping someone would do this!!! It seems there is no correlation really, although alot of cancer, however, not everyone who voted is necessarily INTP as the MBTI test is not necessaily acurate, especially if taken online...like mine...out of precaution I did not vote...:o

Jennywocky

Creepy Clown Chick
Local time
-->
Looking at the poll, out of 322 posters, there seems to be almost no correlation with star signs at all.

...Shocking. :confused: I am so shocked.

;)

EDIT: Oooh, look, the loophole has already been found. "There is no seeming connection in star signs? Hmmm... maybe not all the voters are actually INTPs! Ah ha!" lol

Jaffa

Local time
-->
MBTI = Hard psychological science
Astrology = A load of rubbish

You may aswell wonder if there's any corrolation between our INTP'ness and the current plot on Coronation Street.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
MBTI = Hard psychological science
Astrology = A load of rubbish

You may aswell wonder if there's any corrolation between our INTP'ness and the current plot on Coronation Street.

Huh :confused:
MBTI is, or borders on, pseudoscience.

Jennywocky

Creepy Clown Chick
Local time
-->
Huh :confused:
MBTI is, or borders on, pseudoscience.

yes, there's not a lot of validation for MBTI, it's very much a theoretical framework..... even if the theory itself tries to remain internally consistent.

GREYGREY

Interested Party
Local time
Today 9:30 PM
-->
Random survey to see hypothetical disposition to certain MBIT type vs astrological symbol.

Simply state Myerr Brigs Type Indicator.
Then DOB
.... I'm kinda hoping for curiosity sake, to compare a number over a hundred.
...Maby even add a "Secondary" or watever line if you know these details about friends or relatives?

.....Or if anyone has access to a study like this that's already been done. Can just skip this and post the results. And we can have a debate about it for its own sake lol:D

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
What if you were born in a different solar system? Or on a spaceship travelling through the solar system? The Moon couldn't exactly be in the seventh house, then, could it? For that matter, it might be difficult to calculate your date of birth.

Jennywocky

Creepy Clown Chick
Local time
-->
What if you were born in a different solar system? Or on a spaceship travelling through the solar system? The Moon couldn't exactly be in the seventh house, then, could it? For that matter, it might be difficult to calculate your date of birth.

That's why i think astrology is all crap. It's entirely eartho-centric -- it has no bearing outside of our planet, in a very very large universe -- and thus, actually, extremely egocentric, as if the universe from our point of view somehow revolved around us.

Meanwhile, look at the laws of physics, which apply universally aside from special situations that can also be predicted and accounted for somehow. It's all true regardless of who we are or where we stand on the earth's crust.

Astrology. Bah.

addictedartist

-Ephesians4;20
Local time
-->
Im born on dec 30 and have always been the youngest in any grade or any age bracket; which impacted my personality.

GREYGREY

Interested Party
Local time
Today 9:30 PM
-->
Haha awsum! Thanks cobra for redoing this thread for me...
Or atleast I think that's what happened.
This isn't how I parked my car last night... But I like it.

Suffice to say... Atleast for my own curiosity.
"MYTH BUSTED":D

catatonic

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 1:30 AM
-->
I just don't get it, how can the planets and asteroids affected people's destinies on earth?

How can time of birth defines people's personality and future?

:storks:

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 6:30 PM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
I just can't get it, how can the planets and asteroids affected people's destinies on earth?

How can time of birth defines people's personality and future?

:storks:

you just gotta believe...REALLY hard

7even

Local time
Today 8:30 PM
-->
Seems most of INTPs are cancer; we are also, apparently to some source of statistics (credibility questionable), are the most likely to smoke cigarettes. :smoker:

The calender is just a man-made concept anyway, that's changed continuously for thousands of years - why would you expect a correlation?

The Gregorian calendar is the dullest one too.

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 6:30 PM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
Top Bottom