• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Astrological Signs for INTPs

Your sign?

• Aries, March 21 - April 19

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Taurus, April 20 - May 20

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Gemini, May 21 - June 20

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Cancer, June 21 - July 22

Votes: 47 12.6%
  • Leo, July 23 - August 22

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Virgo, August 23 - September 22

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Libra, September 23 - October 22

Votes: 33 8.8%
  • Scorpio, October 23 - November 21

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • Sagittarius, November 22 - December 21

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Capricorn, December 22 - January 19

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Aquarius, January 20 - February 18

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Pisces, February 19 - March 20

Votes: 19 5.1%

• Total voters

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
Today 7:27 PM
-->
Lemme help get the thread back on track:

I'm a Gemini. I'm not extraverted, as the stereotype goes. But yes, I'm intellectually inclined and more detached than most.

Beyond the sun sign, my AC and my moon are also in Gemini. A handful of my planets is -oh noes!- in the 12th house, so that would account for the intravertedness and the occasional depression.

Do I believe in it? Well, for me it's not a matter of belief, it's a matter that warrants research. I still haven't decided on its reliability.

-__- I have nothing in my 12th. (12th in...Leo?)... but I think that the combination of peoples' planets, moon and ascendants/descendants make for an interesting blend. Aspects I've noticed paint a somewhat accurate picture of the people I know who have had natal charts done.

Enne

Local time
-->
Sagittarius=ENTP. Not saying all are Sagittarians are ENTP, as a person's chart includes a mixture of different signs, but in general if I had to associate a sign with ENTP, it'd be Sagittarius. The sign is a fire sign, means in general, got a lot of energy and outgoing. Its also a mutable sign, very talkative. In fact, all mutable signs seem to not know when to shut up. Very talkative combined with outgoing makes me definitely think Extrovert for them. Let me put it this way, Sagittarians are the party-goers or swingers of the zodiac.

Hmm... Aries and Leo not big on thinking...from most general descriptions of the signs. My moon's in Scorpio though, and most of my planets are water or earth, so I guess I'm a different Aries? My brother's a Sadge and if I were to guess a subtype I'd guess ENTJ (maybe P?) for him. I know another Sadge @ school who'd probably test as an ESFJ though.

Local time
-->
Sun in Aquarius.
Moon in Taurus.
Mercury in Aquarius.
Venus in Aquarius.
Mars in Aquarius.
Jupiter in Gemini.
Saturn in Pisces.

Rising sign is Taurus.

I'm quite Airy if that means anything where being INTP is concerned.

Enne

Local time
-->
Edit: I guess most people were born in the months corresponding to Virgo, Gemini, Cancer, Pisces and Aquarius. There is an overwhelming amount of Virgos whenever I happen to ask anyone their sign. Taurus too, I think. So attempt at correlation will just reflect the more common birth months and astro signs.

milkyway2

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm Aquarius... which I think matches INTP better than any of the other astrological signs!

Eloise

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:27 PM
-->
Im a Leo for both Sun, Moon and rising! Totally ridiculous as I have virtually no leo traits with the exception of being lazy.

Just looked Leo up
"Leo is a fierce, demonstrative, loving person who thrives on constant attention and kindness,"
Um... no

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
Aries ftw

:goat: (It's not a ram but it's close enough)

Mints

Memori Mori
Local time
-->
Then astrology is false ._. . I am pisces, and according to the description they give I should be a ESFJ... and I am totally the opposite ._.; .

Only thing I can say that fits is my creativity, artistic skills, sharp mind and to be able to see through people.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I think that there are extraterrestrial influences on the way people think, but not really in the way that astrology describes. Simply the amount of magnetism and particles we are subject to at different parts of the year and different locations in the rotation of the galaxy would affect our brains in the same way that something like transcranial magnetic stimulation would, and would even affect the development of a fetus. That being said, I would say that these affects are probably relatively small.

One problem I have with astrology is that when it was thought up, the cosmic environment was different than it is now (the milky way rotates, the moon is getting further away from the earth, the earths rotations are slowing down etc), so even if astrology were true, we would not see the same effects as was described by the first astrologers.

markifornia

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hello fellow INTP's, ive been working on a site. It's called heywhatsyoursign.com.

I'm trying to work with the data and list which personality type and signs fall into certain occupations.

The site is barely done, but the basic functions are working. Sign up, I'll probably have more INTP's on the site though. But sooner or later other personality types will come join in the fun.

Thanks!

aracaris

Local time
-->
Virgo. The way Virgos are described I think corresponds a bit more with INTJ, or maybe ISTJ than INTP though.

Interesting that a lot of people are cancers, the descriptions of them I've read I think correlate with INFP, or at least IxFx (I'm not as certain about the N and P, but they are definitely a strong I and F). Cancers are really big on security, and tend to be protective, I'm not familiar enough with all the different personality types and functions to know which ones are particularly big on that.

I do actually find astrology quite interesting. There may be something to it, though perhaps largely a "placebo" affect of sorts. I wonder if astrology actually tends to be more accurate for those whom hold (or for a significant portion of their life time held) a firm belief in it.

Mary

ad nauseam
Local time
-->
Another November INTP. :p
My friend is INTJ and born in november as well. I have an ENTJ friend born on valentines day. I think there is no real correlation between month-of-birth and personality type.

anyaa

Local time
-->
Hi..
as I read in ur 1st post..."astrology seems stupid"...

Even I thought the same about "Numerology"...
but I don't know why the hell once I downloaded a numerology software from somewhere...and the results that i got were stunning...:confused:
...:eek:

My deepest feelings...and thoughts were posted out there in the result...
You have any such experience with "Asrtology"? ..which makes you ask this question[I mean..the poll]...:p

semicolon

Naive
Local time
-->
Born on April Fools here. Does that mean anything? :elephant:

Seriously though, date of birth should have no correlation with personality - it's not like everyone born in July will automagically become an INTP by definition...

Jah

Mu.
Local time
Today 8:27 PM
-->
Maybe, if you really believe in Astrology, grow up with parents that REALLY believe in it, you may end up conforming to the "sign" you "are"

But to sum it up, if you are born in any Sign, you're probably just human, naturally looking for a pattern.

Astrology is an outdated model for personalities, and regardless of testimony, it rarely fits.
Cold reading is easy, Warm reading even more (meaning, you can throw out many things that may or may not fit a person, following up the "hits" and simply ignoring the statements that fell short, and claim this to be linked to some spiritual phenomena, either dead people talking to you or star-sign etc. If you know the person, you may use the qualities you know fit the "model" for a certain sign as proof that they "are" e.g. Gemini, while negating other qualities of their persona as simply individual variations)

This also goes for all personality assertions, though some are provably more consistent in their readings than others. The less flexible, the more probable it is in being "correct".
(Barnum statements or the Forer Effect accounts for most of the testimony in favor of the less precise personality analysis. Youtube has videos where Derren Brown demonstrates this.)

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
Today 11:27 AM
-->
*sigh* who the hell necro'ed this thread?

it's quite obvious there's no correlation

Me So Charlie

A Bit of Fluff
Local time
-->
Sagittarius=ENTP. Not saying all are Sagittarians are ENTP, as a person's chart includes a mixture of different signs, but in general if I had to associate a sign with ENTP, it'd be Sagittarius. The sign is a fire sign, means in general, got a lot of energy and outgoing. Its also a mutable sign, very talkative. In fact, all mutable signs seem to not know when to shut up. Very talkative combined with outgoing makes me definitely think Extrovert for them. Let me put it this way, Sagittarians are the party-goers or swingers of the zodiac.

As a Sag, I've always thought my sign description to be pretty accurate. I have a lot of energy but like most Sags it is directed more towards physical pursuits, outdoors and sports. You won't find me in the night clubs or on the party scene. I do talk a lot....to my few good friends and I am a member of a public speaking club.

LifeLine

Local time
-->
I'm an Aries, but I know that astrology is a heaping pile of BS. None of the supposed relationship advice or horoscopes are anything but hyped-up voodoo. Astrological signs have no credibility in my book. I know for a fact that I'm not bold and adventurous like an Aries is described as. And, I doubt that my day depends on what's "in the stars".

This is why society is so screwed up. We can spend hours obsessing over something as irrational as horoscopes, yet we can't spend five minutes helping others find food and shelter or try to improve ourselves.

anyaa

Local time
-->
Cold reading is easy, Warm reading even more (meaning, you can throw out many things that may or may not fit a person, following up the "hits" and simply ignoring the statements that fell short, and claim this to be linked to some spiritual phenomena, either dead people talking to you or star-sign etc. If you know the person, you may use the qualities you know fit the "model" for a certain sign as proof that they "are" e.g. Gemini, while negating other qualities of their persona as simply individual variations)
Exactly...thats it...I have kept the same thinking for years...

But it was once when one of my friends involved in spirituality posed me with a question I still can't answer...
Actually this friend of mine has a strong belief of "Existence of soul...bla bla"... we knew eachother since 1.5yrs..but I never agreed to a single statement of his...

What I understood from that statement is the same thing-I was ignoring a very strong feeling of my existence [ beyond death] ... I know that it may be the rejection of the very fact that "I'm mortal" ... that gave me this very strong feeling...
but since then [almost a year] I feel that its not "the rejection of me being mortal" which I'm clinging to or not what has been fed into my head since childhood [because..I've done away with most of such "irrational" things that were fed into me as I child...]...but in whatever way I try to contradict the strong feeling of existence..I just haven't been able to ignore that feeling yet...[I've even given up on contradicting it now..frankly]

The summary...
my way of looking at things changed quite a lot since then...the moment I learnt to not blindly follow the deepest, strongest feelings...but also "not blindly reject" what couldn't be expressed rationally... [I'm saying this because the month in which I discussed that soul thing which my friend has been marked to as "which would open doors to spirituality"...and I discovered this a year+ later in Nov 2009 in the numerology report...I blindly rejected something as numerolgy a year earlier...now I just can't....
[I know this situation may be a coincedence..but not sure that it is 100% just a coincedence]
[I think these strong feelings are what seem to me as "Intuition"... but not sure]

If you read this..and feel that I'm a psycho...I think thats absolutely OK...I too think many times that I'm a psycho and about to become MAD... then the only thing I do is forget everything and sleep...you too just forget it...as if you never read it...

[Loooong post..sorry....probably irritating...:-o..]

Philosophyking87

It Thinks For Itself
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
I used to think it had some validity.
But now I think astrology is a load of shit.

At any rate, I'm Virgo. It seems Cancers/Virgos are the largest group.
I can understand Virgo (rational and smart), but what makes Cancer so accurate for INTPs?

anyaa

Local time
-->
Ya...by the way I too ain't on the side on astrology...that doesn't mean I call it a shit...:D
But...offcourse it may be a shit...;)
Only when I study it I can comment firmly...obviously...

nihilen.

Local time
Today 9:27 PM
-->
Ya...by the way I too ain't on the side on astrology...that doesn't mean I call it a shit...:D

It is shit, there's nothing to study.

anyaa

Local time
-->
It is shit, there's nothing to study.

Ok....
I guess you already did....thats why you say so...if you didn't study...then It "may" b a shit...

nihilen.

Local time
Today 9:27 PM
-->
Since you didn't "study" and have absolutely no opinion concerning this matter, why are you even posting mate?

Just do your infamous study, come up with a couple theories or a conclusion and then you may be entitled to spew them all over this thread.

anyaa

Local time
-->
^
Right...I get that friend...
I totally agree to the 2nd line...

Philosophyking87

It Thinks For Itself
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->

haha "doesn't mean it's a shit... although it may in fact be a shit..."

Sounds like interesting movie dialogue.

anyaa

Local time
-->
haha "doesn't mean it's a shit... although it may in fact be a shit..."

Sounds like interesting movie dialogue.

Yup..I do that in my free time...
Ya..so if ever I do a study...and the theory fails I can certainly try to write such interesting movie dialogues..:):)

miyuki

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I generally think of Capricorns as ISTJs, rather then INTP.

and though most INTPs here are Cancers, i tend to think of them as ISFJs.

as a Leo, I think of Leo's generally as ESFPs or ISFPs.

arxitektov

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Seriously, people? No single tool of introspection is going to match one for one with another. the MBTI detects (relatively) four different (and rather limited) dynamics of typical thought processing. E-I reveals where your default source of information lies...from without or within. Do you by default collect information through your five physical senses (S) or your ~6th sense (N)? Do you evaluate the information according to your emotions (F) or according to thought (T)? How do you apply the information, by making thoughts more concrete (J) or by allowing perceptions to grow (P)?

Astrology on the other hand (google Suzanne White) attempts to explain situational dynamics of individuals through their seasons of birth. It isn't entirely without reason that such systems have been perpetuating for so long: gravitation, light, temperature, and a lot of other things subtly influence the way individuals and the general population behave. Depending on when and where someone was brought into the world, the most likely disposition they would have can be predetermined...and if they fail to mature, they end up working just as the records say.

Reasons as to why they apply to some people: These people fail to acknowledge their personal tendencies, lack knowledge of themselves, and essentially do what the predictions say. There are others who become aware of the forces at work within their own personalities, and can thus manipulate themselves. In fact, some people are aware of this even without zodiac readings and laugh at the one-true story of their life, while they progress to adopting other traits.

So, yes, there are some correlations. No, they are not entirely 1 for 1. Perhaps you may meet your doppelganger, but you will never find a "twin" of any sorts when you look deep enough, or use an array of evaluations.

And the poll simply reveals that the top three signs of the western astrology to contain INTPs are Gemini, Cancer, and Virgo....at least on this forum. Change the sampling, and the results may change.

...but what the hell, this just told me something I like to hear anyways. My fiance is Virgo, and I am Gemini two days away from Cancer.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
^ Plus the fact that Astrology is more than sun signs.

Taniwha

Te Aho
Local time
Tomorrow 7:27 AM
-->
Leo here.

Eclipse

The Watcher
Local time
-->
I voted Capricorn, though I was born on a cusp and tend to favor Aquarius.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Gemini.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
While I wouldn't say astrology is retarded, (it was one of the earliest forms of human attempts to understand our place in the universe and to use the movement of the constellations to help predict events that directed effected a civilization's well being), our zodiac symbols don't seem to hold much clout in determining personality.

Theoretically, I could outline vague, broad descriptions of personality based on the final digit of one's birth year (1=1971, 1981 2=1992 1962, etc) and a person reading that description would likely identify (or think they identify) to one or several of the aspects of the description. In a way it is similar to the different Jungian typologies. Granted, the typologies are based on arguably more legitimate science, but one will agree that while they might match up to parts of the description of the type, they do not match up exactly to the given description.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
Did someone want to run a chi-square test on the results so far? I'm wondering if the bulge in Cancer is statistically significant.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 8:27 PM
-->
You are all not INTP, INTPs don't belief in astrology!

INTPs can however research astrology without dismissing it from the start, but they would never truly belief in it.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Tomorrow 1:27 AM
-->
It is all bullshit and I am the proof.

Leo.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 5:27 AM
-->
Temporally cyclic magnetic fields interact with the human brain during development to produce tendencies towards different cognitive structures at different times in the year.

Astrology is srs, guys. Don't laugh.

no0k

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What I find interesting are the average higher percentages in the signs we classify as "air signs" to be the INTP type.

Top Bottom