• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

Cobra

Local time
Today 11:28 AM
-->
^^ thanks for support, Cobra!

when you fall in love and are convinced you are now INFP

:rolleyes:
Welcs, but no need to change your type over me.

sorry, I meant by "sad!" in a comradely/supportive/I-can-imagine-your-pain kind of way.
Descendents-ALL.jpg
is forgiven.

It always amuses how quickly INTPs convert to INFPness when they discover that their feeling abilities are not completely atrophied. :p
She can't help it, Anthile. I was designed to be irresistible. *draws revolver* For what purpose were YOU designed, JACK?! EN GARDE!

Cobra

Local time
-->
When YOU don't even know what the hell you're tweeting about.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
Today 5:28 PM
-->
when you wonder if you should point out to Cobra that it's not him ... nah let him have a little pleasure.

>>>>>scrreeeeeech.... backs up. You're TWEETING???? gah - I would have hoped that INTPs were above such frippery - surely that's nearly small talk??

Cobra

Local time
-->
when you wonder if you should point out to Cobra that it's not him ... nah let him have a little pleasure.
You know I gotta play favorites, snowqueen. So when you leave yourself totally wide open like that, I literally HAVE to insert a little Cobra. Kinda like how I just TOTALLY left myself open for a that's what she said joke.

>>>>>scrreeeeeech.... backs up. You're TWEETING???? gah - I would have hoped that INTPs were above such frippery - surely that's nearly small talk??
RE: Twitter - Posted by Cobra

When you fucking LOVE onomatopoeia.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
You need some dice but you have none, so you flip a coin multiple times and change the results into binary code

Artifice Orisit

You need some dice but you have none, so you flip a coin multiple times and change the results into binary code
...but how do you know when to stop?

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
...but how do you know when to stop?

if for example you need 1d6, you would flip a coin three times, tails would be 0 and heads 1, if you had the results, heads, tails, heads, that would be 101, therefore the results is a 5. if you rolled a tails tails tails, or heads heads heads you would have to ignore the results.

The aim is to flip the lowest number of coins that will give the largest possible roll for the combination of dice being replaced

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
It doesn't matter how many calendars you wrote it on, you still might miss it. Uuugh, obligations.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
when logic leads you to the conclusion that the only thing you can do now is to trust that the universe has a plan and you just have to let it unfold - and you have to accept that because it's the only logical conclusion in the situation you are in once you have examined all the evidence a million times. Occam's Razor. Yes, it's improbable, but it's the only possible conclusion.

Cobra

Local time
-->
when logic leads you to the conclusion that the only thing you can do now is to trust that the universe has a plan and you just have to let it unfold - and you have to accept that because it's the only logical conclusion in the situation you are in once you have examined all the evidence a million times. Occam's Razor. Yes, it's improbable, but it's the only possible conclusion.
or Twitter.

Veritas

Local time
Tomorrow 1:28 AM
-->
When you become so bored you resort to having jam sessions with random songs on your ipod, to include "Part of that World" from the Little Mermaid...

Cobra

Local time
-->
When you become so bored you resort to having jam sessions with random songs on your ipod, to include "Part of that World" from the Little Mermaid...
HAHAHAHAHA just did this the other day in the car with some friends, only it was Under the Sea.

UppyDownyMouth

Giant Squid
Local time
-->
24. You HAVE to walk on those tiles in a predetermined pattern.

i have to say a girlfriend of mine told me that walking on those rectangular triple manholes was bad luck.... That ruined my life.

The double and single ones however are completely acceptable.

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
Today 9:28 AM
-->
i have to say a girlfriend of mine told me that walking on those rectangular triple manholes was bad luck.... That ruined my life.

The double and single ones however are completely acceptable.

Well, that's just mean of her.

Ran

Nondescript member
Local time
-->
You have to go back through your posts/essays and mass delete "quotes" around words. Because you can't accept that the word only has one meaning!

SEPKA

What???
Local time
Tomorrow 12:28 AM
-->
I suggest I could put the coordinate here but then
57 pages, cannot read them all...
You feel so happy that someone just compliment you "You're insane".

UppyDownyMouth

Giant Squid
Local time
-->
You know youre an intp when you own every single piece of music youve heard and liked.

bananaphallus

found out
Local time
-->
You know you are an INTP when you submit to the "notion" that quoting every other word is adding "merit" to your argument.

Dead-on. Couldn't 'resist'...

It's pretty widely accepted that quoting individual words in a sentence makes you intellectually superior/ironic/'above all this'.

Cobra

Local time
-->
when upon receing this optical illusion test wherein you're expected to count the F's -

Finished files are the result
of years of scientific study
combined with the experience
of years...

you said, "Oookay?" hit Ctrl+F "f" and counted the F's. "What's so hard about this? There are 6..."

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
when upon receing this optical illusion test wherein you're expected to count the F's -

Finished files are the result
of years of scientific study
combined with the experience
of years...

you said, "Oookay?" hit Ctrl+F "f" and counted the F's. "What's so hard about this? There are 6..."

When a smartarse trainer put this slide up and asked our team 'how many Fs' and I looked, counted and said '6' and utterly ruined his whole presentation which depended on showing how we only 'see' in a limited way.

when after doing the above, your colleagues all look at you with awe and you just wonder how on earth they could not see all the Fs.

subterralien

Redshirt
Local time
Today 10:28 AM
-->
haha, damn! I just read most of this thread and am thoroughly convinced of my type. Above all, I've gotta say the reluctance for small talk and the need to read over what you've written over and over really hit home with me.

Not sure if this applies, but when I'm watching things on my computer I'll find myself on a website I was already on five minutes ago, forgetting what was going on in the movie. Makes me want to tie my hands to the chair.

Ilmlas

Redshirt
Local time
-->
- You wonder if you have ADD, and you take the medication just to see if it has the effect it should, only to find out it does, and you still know that you don't have it.

- You remember something important and get up to do it, and when you get to the next room you wonder what was so important.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 6:28 PM
-->
If you know every colour mould can have. :rolleyes:

Yodon

Local time
-->
you know ure an INTP when you walk down the high street feeling like you are a different species to the creatures walking in front of you oblivios to all.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
When you can have an hour long discussion with another INTP about the design of pies and pastries

Misanthropy

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:28 PM
-->
Reading dictionaries amuses you.

You bring a book to every social event you have to go to, not necessarily to read it, but so that people won't try to start a conversation with you.

You spent all kindergarten trying to explain to the other (obviously intellectually inferior) children how magic and Santa Claus couldn't exist. You also didn't understand why the teachers didn't appreciate your intellectual superiority.

You have frequently been referred to as a music elitist.

Whenever that happens, you're flattered.

You think of saying something, spend a lot of time on putting it in to words, and then finally when you've formed the perfect sentence, you can't remember if you've said it or not, and don't say it in fear of having already said it.

You wake up, take your pyjamas off, then forget wether you were taking them off or about to put them on, so you put them on again.

You analyse your psychotherapist.

Artifice Orisit

You analyse your psychotherapist.
Always entertaining.
In theory they're supposed to be wise enough to help people work through their problems, however in practice they just tell you how your way of thinking isn't the accepted model of a healthy mind and then try to mould you into this supposed ideal. They have no defence against someone who deconstructs this university propagated ideal and highlights to them the inherent flaws in it.

I'd like to meet a real therapist, someone without pre-prepared answers, a real thinker.

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
-->
When you and a fellow INTP are out for coffee and the two of you whip out a venn diagram to turn your simple topic of conversation into a more complex idea.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
When you and a fellow INTP are out for coffee and the two of you whip out a venn diagram to turn your simple topic of conversation into a more complex idea.

When this conversation turned into a 5 year research project and you somehow find yourself presenting the ideas to an international conference in the USA!!!

(seriously this is exactly what happened and why I'm in the US right now)

Oh and it went down a STORM!!

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
You know you're an INTP when you value your privacy so much that you say "fellow INTP" instead of the INTP's name. :p

*does a jig*

@snowqueen: lol, that's... a little foreboding. What is your topic?

Misty Window

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You know you're an INTP when you've been accused of this: "You think you're always right!"... except that you probably are always right since your claims can be logically explained and backed up with evidence.

(Sorry if this has been posted before)

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
You know you're an INTP when you've been accused of this: "You think you're always right!"... except that you probably are always right since your claims can be logically explained and backed up with evidence.

sounds more INTJ-y to me.

anyway, you're an INTP when you have to write a "personal essay" for english, complain about how stupid it is and what a retarded power play the teacher is making, and still manage to end up writing 30 pages about yourself without even meaning to, and feel like a douchebag for it and subsequently consider not handing it in even though you worked for hours on it.

or maybe that one's just me.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->

(Sorry if this has been posted before)

Story of my life :D:D

sounds more INTJ-y to me.

hey! When you think out loud completely forgetting there's a person over there (how do you think Misty Window might feel after that response to their FIRST post!?)

welcome Misty - and feel free to post an intro.

Aiss

int p;
Local time
-->
hey! When you think out loud completely forgetting there's a person over there (how do you think Misty Window might feel after that response to their FIRST post!?)

I agree completely, I do it all the time as well... I'm quite new here, but I'd like to say hello too, Misty :).

Besides it would be more stereotypically INTJ-like to be convinced you're right without logical evidence to back it up :D. INTPs use Si/Fe to express their views, which is pretty judgmental combination - although these being 3rd and 4th function make it much less so than in xSFJs - so once we're convinced of something we can come off as "being always right" kind of person... of course many INTPs are rarely certain about anything, so it's hardly a problem for them.

It's probably been said before, but when you've been an emotional chameleon since kindergarden at least and then you're surprised when reading about it in the INTP profile that some people apparently aren't...

Misty Window

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Story of my life :D:D

Oh, no worries -- that remark DID come from a (typically oblivious?) INTP after all. :P Though it's good to hear what I mentioned in the above post happens to you too.

Thanks snowqueen and Aish (yes, I tend to be more uncertain than sure for most the part). :)

Local time
-->

Yes! My last ex would say that a lot - and I'd rummage back through our last batch of conversations/arguments...and it was true! In fact, that was one of the things that totally killed the relationship. It's not as if I *want* to be right all the time. Heck, I LIKE being shown a logical alternative. So umm, yeah. And welcome!

SourLife

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hey! I'm new here so...

When I look to these facts of INTP people many of them fits me perfectly. I have done some tests and they assure me that I'm INTP type of person. But to say the truth I don't feel so smart like i supposed to. I guest I am thinking a bit different then anybody I know, but those thoughts are rather stupid than brilliant. Looks like I'm not living in the world we are all living.

But if you are that kind of person it doesn't mean that you have to be brilliant? I guest the most important thing is the way INTP people try to discover new things, to see old things in new different way (usually my ideas are stupid ofcourse) ?

Ilmlas

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I completely agree with Dark Amphibian. I beat myself up for always thinking I'm right, but only because there is no one who has proven me otherwise. I gladly accept any fact that may negate my truth.

Aiss

int p;
Local time
-->
Hey! I'm new here so...

When I look to these facts of INTP people many of them fits me perfectly. I have done some tests and they assure me that I'm INTP type of person. But to say the truth I don't feel so smart like i supposed to. I guest I am thinking a bit different then anybody I know, but those thoughts are rather stupid than brilliant. Looks like I'm not living in the world we are all living.

But if you are that kind of person it doesn't mean that you have to be brilliant? I guest the most important thing is the way INTP people try to discover new things, to see old things in new different way (usually my ideas are stupid ofcourse) ?

I'm sure we could come up with some obligatory IQ tests just to make your life a little bit sourer. :evil:

Of course you don't have to think you're brilliant if you're an INTP. We are outstandingly intelligent, exceptionally brilliant and just plain clever as a rule, but above all modest and humble. Or something like that... *cough*weird*cough*.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
You know you're an INTP when you talk about Star Wars post-coital.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
You know you're an INTP when you go to work with a comb in your hair

(It actually happened once)

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
When you're thinking of ways to know that you're an INTP instead of starting an assignment that's due to be handed in the next day

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
Loser! INTPs don't own combs!

I gave up using them when the teeth started breaking off.

I don't know why I ever bothered anyway, it only takes 15 minutes for my hair to return to the same state it was in when I woke up

Top Bottom