• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

So I've come to the conclusion...

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 7:03 AM
-->
That we'd be much better off in society if we were half-drunk wherever we went.

1. We'd talk more.
2. We would have an exposed, opened Fe.
3. We'd act more, think less.

Not saying this is good, but we'd have increased confidence, faster reaction time to wit, slower intuitive Ti (like the rest of the world).

Feel free to prove me wrong (a sign I seen in just about all INTP posts here, no one can rarely agree on sometime, we usually have to try to outsmart or disagree with someone while still making our own point of view known).

:king-twitter:

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 6:03 PM
-->

1. We'd talk more.

Not saying this is good, but we'd have increased confidence, faster reaction time to wit, slower intuitive Ti (like the rest of the world).

Feel free to prove me wrong (a sign I seen in just about all INTP posts here, no one can rarely agree on sometime, we usually have to try to outsmart or disagree with someone while still making our own point of view known).

No I cannot ever agree with sometime!! I prefer something.
:D

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->
interesting idea. I've never been drunk so I cant comment. (I am 23, and I just never saw the value in getting drunk)

Personally I have come to the conclusion that I dont need to be a part of society, and as such I dont care about talking or acting or having an exposed Fe. I'll just be myself by myself, and let society do its own thing. I supose though that I have withdrawn from society. I dont give a shit about anything going on in the real world unless it directly effects me. I dont care about the war in various parts of the world. dont care about people suffering (in both 3rd world countries and in things like natural disaster like katrina and such)

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No I cannot ever agree with sometime!! I prefer something.
:D
not agree with sometime. agree on sometime....if your gonna make fun of a typo at least get the typo right XD

A22

occasional poster
Local time
Today 5:03 AM
-->
The problem is staying only half drunk.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:03 AM
-->
The problem is staying only half drunk.

It's a careful balance.

I'm probably just make sure I was WELL-past half, and then could make a run to the supply drawer any time I started feeling more sober than sloshed.

With such a large booze buffer, I'd be able to go on long road trips without having to rush to get to my destination to knock another pint back.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

1. We'd talk more.

4. We'd murder more people while operating vehicles and machinery.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
I wouldn't say joining in with the crowd is the answer to our problems. I'd be more open to the idea if it could be turned off and on at will.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
The hangover (emotional hangover) is hardly ever worth it.:phear:

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
You would be using it as a crutch. Not exactly a long term solution. Eventually your liver will make you seek an alternative but by then it might be too late.

Starswirl

Local time
Today 12:03 AM
-->

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
I don't think 3. We'd act more, think less. was about political changes, Starswirl.

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
-->
@Starswirl I did like the video though, got me thinking! :D

ShameFace

Local time
-->

1. We'd talk more.

I have come to this conclusion some time ago. Cocaine would probably do the same for me, but I just can't bring myself to compromise my health, for something as frivolous as better social interactions with complete strangers.
Don't get me wrong, i drink every so often and I enjoy the shit out of it, but its a slippery slope for anyone, especially those using it as a social lubricant.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

1. We'd talk more.

There's probably a less detrimental way to evoke Ne/Fe and preferentially depress Ti. :eek:

An INTP's Fe is rather ghoulish, short-lived and infantile, though, so prolonged exposure might not benefit anybody. :D

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
-->

wait...this isnt the case already here in america?

maybe i need just stop getting up in the middle of the night, ruins my sample group.

tairos

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I concur, and endeavor to apply this principle in the field as frequently as possible.

Starswirl

Local time
-->
I don't think 3. We'd act more, think less. was about political changes, Starswirl.

And Zizek wasn't necessarily talking about solely political matters, if you mean political in the sense of "what happens in Congress and the White House". In an era in which broad philosophical and ideological questions are invading ordinary life, we need far more thinking.

Philovitist

Yeah!
Local time
-->

1. We'd talk more.

Alcohol reduces reaction time and judgment quality. See cognitive studies on the issue, see alcohol-related death listings. Your argument is invalid.

ShameFace

Local time
-->
Alcohol reduces reaction time and judgment quality. See cognitive studies on the issue, see alcohol-related death listings. Your argument is invalid.

reduced reaction time when it comes to things like driving.

I believe he's referring to social interactions where the thing slowing us down is our inhibitions and over analyzing social interactions. So while a drunk is an easier person to beat up (with their slower reaction time), they're also much more likely to be engaged in a brawl (because they acted before they thought)

And the OP never said being "drunk" but rather half drunk. Very distinct difference.
I don't advocate what he's purposing, but I've tested it in the field (the only study that matters afterall) and he is right in his assertion.

Philovitist

Yeah!
Local time
-->
reduced reaction time when it comes to things like driving.

I believe he's referring to social interactions where the thing slowing us down is our inhibitions and over analyzing social interactions. So while a drunk is an easier person to beat up (with their slower reaction time), they're also much more likely to be engaged in a brawl (because they acted before they thought)

And the OP never said being "drunk" but rather half drunk. Very distinct difference.
I don't advocate what he's purposing, but I've tested it in the field (the only study that matters afterall) and he is right in his assertion.

I think that if you're getting into a brawl, then you've made a mistake in the social sphere already. :/

And half-drunkenness is only a matter of magnitude, not quality. Are you suggesting that drinking first improves your function until you get past the 50% mark?

ShameFace

Local time
-->
And half-drunkenness is only a matter of magnitude, not quality. Are you suggesting that drinking first improves your function until you get past the 50% mark?

There is of course no 50% mark. "Half drunk" is a vague colloquialism that is not easy to measure.

Do you drink? Have you ever been drunk?

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
-->
You silly INTPs always jumping to the death. I didn't propose to take a shot every 15 minutes while driving until you meet a timely demise.

More of the social lubricant @ShameFace was speaking of, although cautioning the addiction side of it, but I believe we're smarter then addiction and know what's best for ourselves first and foremost.

50% mark is, well in doubt, an arbitrary mark, but a good baseline if you know where you stand. No more no less, remember to keep the alcohol levels as even as possible so you can use the enhancements.

Your I becomes an E.
Your S expands.

I'm sure it does a bunch of other Jungian things that others can expand on.

Crazythinker1

Quiet, I'am thinking
Local time
-->
I don't believe I've ever been half drunk before, The most I can say I've ever had is a pleasant buzz while on a camping with my cousin a few years back, and while I do agree that alcohol can make us a little less INTPish, I don't see the value in doing it all the time. Be who and what you are.

Top Bottom