• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP comedians

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Today 10:25 AM
-->
Woah WOAH, are we now saying both Demetri Martin AND Mitch Hedberg are INTPs? I'm smitten!

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Today 11:25 AM
-->
I had never heard of Demetri Martin. He's funny. I almost died laughing when he explained away pissing himself to his boss by saying "Man these are some sweaty balls." I only had time to listen to a little bit of it, but I will finish later.

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
He had a great show on Comedy Central last spring.. I didn't miss an episode (it was right before South Park, another one of my favorites).:D

Tunesimah

Man-Child becoming a Dude.... Man
Local time
-->
Tunesimah, a forum member, is a comedian.

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=4381

:o

Oh geez, I'm really more amateur hour material right now... thanks for the mention.

I'm no expert at typing people, but in many ways these comedians remind me of myself... and I'm certainly INTP.

As mentioned Mitch Hedberg.

Also Emo Philips... though it's very difficult to tell him type... he's hilarious though give him a chance.

And not a stand up comedian any more, but I find Larry David's issues with irrelevant social constructs the same as mine. Whenever I watch his show I'm always taking Larry's side.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
Today 12:25 PM
-->
Demetri Martin seems alot more INTP in the posted special than most of his stuff I've seen. I mean, he made a freaking life points system! And then he analyzed it, but was still too lazy to score well in the management dept.! You'd almost suspect he was actually trying to educate people about INTPs rather than just telling jokes.

I tend to think that most INTP comedians would probably be mistyped as ENTPs instead, since their Ne serves them better with comedy, I think.

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
Tomorrow 12:25 AM
-->
Demetri Martin was pretty funny, but more meaningful imo. It seemed to me that his humour was subordinate to his message. Props for that.

illiterategenius

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I searched this page for Hic and I am really surprised no one listed Bill Hicks. I might have missed it but I will risk the redundancy.

If I went to church, Bill Hicks would be my pastor. More a social commentator with a sense of humor than a comedian but stand up was his thing.

It is hard for me to go more than a day without finding some parallel between his work and my life.

If you are young, he will change your life. If you are old, he will hopefully be reinforcing what you already know.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
Today 9:25 AM
-->
Dan Mintz (Current favorite of mine):
YouTube- Dan Mintz

Jimmy Carr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goUeMIJ6eU

That's all I can think of right now... Also, I think Demetri martin might be an INTJ :confused:
I was watching some interviews with him, and his style of come backs is all too similar to the INTJ comedians; and Mitch hedberg is totally an F.

Robert

Local time
Today 5:25 PM
-->
What kind of personality type would you classify Woody Allen as?

Eljua

Local time
-->

ifelloverboard

Social Engineer
Local time
-->
I love stand up and have to say "If I" is one of the most brilliant specials I've seen. It's funny there was this girl in Texas I went to meet up with who was a huge Demetri Martin fan. I refused to like him at the time simply because she did. Of course later I secretly watched all of his material.

I don't think Demetri made If I for educating anyone. As a lot of INTP's he's trying to find himself. I say enjoy it while he's still doing it.

UppyDownyMouth

Giant Squid
Local time
-->
Mitch Hedberg is... without a doubt. So many of his jokes are classic 'you have to get in his head / minset to get it'

and he often joked about his personality as well.

“I mumble a lot off-stage, I'm a mumbler. If I'm walking with a friend and I say something, he won't hear me, he'll say
'What?'.
So I'll say it again, but once again he doesn't hear me, so he says
'What?'
But really it's just some insignificant shit that I'm saying, but now I'm yelling, 'That tree is far away.'” - Mitch Hedberg

and Mitch hedberg is totally an F.

i hear what youre saying about the F but i wouldnt strike off completely that hes a T. but then you can also say hes almost definitely IN P so hes either INTP or INFP

My friend said to me "I think the weather's trippy." And I said "No man, it's not the weather that's trippy. Perhaps it is the way that we percieve it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought "man, I should have just said 'yeah'."

I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy.

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographers' fault! Bigfoot is blurry... and that's extra scary to me. Cause there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.

I bought a house, it's a 2-bedroom house. But I think it's up to me how many bedrooms there are, don't you? Fuck you real estate lady, this bedroom has an oven in it! This bedroom has a lot of people sitting around watching TV. This bedroom's over in that guy's house.

I did a radio interview, the DJ's first question was "who are you?" I had to think: is this guy really deep, or did I drive to the wrong station?

I think Pizza Hut is the cockiest pizza chain on the planet, because Pizza Hut will accept all competitors' coupons. That makes me wish I had my own pizza place. "Mitch's Pizzaria... this week's coupon: unlimited free pizza. Special Note: coupon not good at any of the Mitch's Pizza locations. Free pizza oven with purchase of a small Coke. Two-for Tuesday: buy one pizza, get one franchise free."

I think we should only get 3 honks a month on the car horn, because people honk the car horn too much. 3 honks, that's the limit. And then someone cuts you off, ffffft, you press your horn, nothing happens. You're like, "shit! I wish I wouldn't have seen Ricky on the sidewalk!"

does A LOT of thinking for an F

i think NLP would class that as evidence as i feel and i think are substituted for the different personality types

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

I know this has no relavance but lets face it, this is just a good joke...

I actually tell that joke everytime im on an escalator thats temporarily stairs. i almost told it to a stranger who turned to look at me as the escalation stopped.... im glad i didnt because it turned out his friend was behind me... ;)

Local time
-->
Steven Wright, no doubt

I was in a job interview and I opened a book and started reading. Then I said to the guy, "Let me ask you a question. Suppose you are in a space bus traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights--what happens?" He said, "How should I know?!" I said, "Forget it, I don't want to work for you."
- Steven Wright

UppyDownyMouth

Giant Squid
Local time
-->
Steven Wright, no doubt

I was in a job interview and I opened a book and started reading. Then I said to the guy, "Let me ask you a question. Suppose you are in a space bus traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights--what happens?" He said, "How should I know?!" I said, "Forget it, I don't want to work for you."
- Steven Wright

fuckin a.

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
I listened to Mitch Hedberg's first two CDs last night before I went to bed, he's Definitely an INTP. On his first CD he acted and thought just like I do when I'm high, and his second CD he acted and thought just like I do when I'm drunk.

ifelloverboard

Social Engineer
Local time
-->
If you watch Steven Wright's short films and if you've ever seen footage of him off stage you get a better sense of what he is.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 3:25 AM
-->
Yeah, Demetri Martin is really special. His "If I" hit me big-time. I recognised the NTP straightaway.

I'd guess ENTP as well though. They tend to be a bit more driven I think (points system) and he's also mentioned being extremely competitive. "Getting lost in 'if'" - that's very Ne.

I wonder how much he simplifed and pruned his material before presenting it to the public.

I think Noel Fielding is INTP as well.

YouTube- Noel Fielding live in Melbourne 2003

Bill Bailey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFIHqS5vZ8E&feature=related

Simon Amstell?

YouTube- Simon Amstell - He's a Rabbit

Don't think this is a good example.

Mark Lamarr?

I'd really like input on these. I'd guess Bailey's INTP, Amstell xNTP and Lamarr ENTJ.
The Es tend to be slightly more comfortable and involved in a social atmosphere. When Bailey and Amstell aren't centrestage, they can look a little awkward or creepily observant.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
I don't know what you were referring to Decaf but the video did inspire to go measure a "square" of toilet paper: 4 1/2" x 3 7/8"

Otherwise I have no idea what you mean ;)

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
That black chick is hot. Black chicks with english accents... mmmmm.:hearts:

Decaf: I'm also not sure what moment you were referring to, unless it was when the guy in the black shirt finally put in his 2 cents.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
Also, I think Demetri martin might be an INTJ :confused:
I retract that statement, Demetri is an INTP fasho.
But I'm still reading Mitch Hedburg as INFP

UppyDownyMouth, don't base your read on them on how much they appear to be "thinking." An INFP is still an IN which are the most reflective types. Besides his jokes just are mainly Ne style pattern observation, no real strong marks of Ti. Ellen Degeneres is an INFP too, and she puts in a fair amount of rationalization into her bits (Her style is nothing like Mitch's, I'm just saying they are not neccesarily going to be all "feely" like you seem to think they will be.)

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
Never fear, Decaf! I totally see the "stare" you're talking about. It starts at 1:04 and lasts for like 5 seconds...

"But toilet paper squares are oblong! You know, they're referred to as squares, but they're not perfect squares at all. They're oblong - they're definitely longer than they are wide."

*Staring commences...*

It would have lasted longer if the man next to the starer hadn't jumped in to make fun of David Mitchell.

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
aye, true enough.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
Frankly, I've never noticed that toilet paper squares aren't square. I mean, I thought I was analytical, but god damn. I'm just glad to have them when I need them, square or not. Shit, they could be triangular and I probably wouldn't care. lol

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
Frankly, I've never noticed that toilet paper squares aren't square. I mean, I thought I was analytical, but god damn. I'm just glad to have them when I need them, square or not. Shit, they could be triangular and I probably wouldn't care. lol

I didn't know they weren't square either, but I know a lot of things that I wouldn't expect anyone in their right mind to care anything about, and I'm likely to bring them up in conversation if I think them pertinent. That's how I view this situation. Not being anal about details, but carelessly sharing obscure information with the intent of being helpful.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
^Oh, me too. I've gotten "the stare" a few times. What's cool is when your input ends up being really critical to something, despite seeming pedantic to everyone at first.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
^Oh, me too. I've gotten "the stare" a few times. What's cool is when your input ends up being really critical to something, despite seeming pedantic to everyone at first.

If only that's what usually happened when we contributed our arcane knowledge :p

travelnjones

Local time
-->
Emo maybe he makes me laugh at least.

While Tosh certainly isnt intp, he sometimes surprises me with a very cerebral joke that just delights me

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
-->
lol, I knew they weren't squares, but it's because I did origami for a long time, and I'm not usually picky about what paper I use. Unless of course it isn't a square.

I get the stare suprisingly often for how careful I try to be about it, because I hate it

Slyphee

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I've never seen a piece of toilet paper as a square, although that could go with the fact that i stare at it before i use it.

Would anyone type Dara O'Briain as an INTP? I'd also say Russell Howard, although from interviews he's changed from I to E but uses the time spent with I in his sketches although when I think about it he may not be an NT... Hmm.

Dara

Russell

Also, if you like David Mitchell you should check out his weekly column over at the guardian website.

Jah

Mu.
Local time
Today 6:25 PM
-->
Tim Minchin... Kinda like Bill Bailey at his best.

George Carlin belongs on the list. So does Bill Hicks.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
Tim Minchin... Kinda like Bill Bailey at his best.

George Carlin belongs on the list. So does Bill Hicks.

George Carlin is almost certainly ENTP.

oldspice

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Havent seen him do standup, but Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm. He is most definitely portrayed as an INTP on the show.

420MuNkEy

Banned
Local time
-->
Doug Stanhope is probably the only one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned.

Then again:
Steven Wright
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Hicks
and Demetri Martin

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 3:25 AM
-->
What's David Mitchell? INTJ? He seems too articulate to be one of us.

*edit
Comes up with very elaborate stories/arguments as well. This is Ni rather than Ne right? Like JD from Scrubs.

Top Bottom