• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP comedians

Irishpenguin

Local time
Today 1:34 PM
-->
Hmmmm...I think this thread helped explain to explain why people say that I act like Demetri Martin sometimes. And I had been wondering about that for awhile :)

And I was also interested in Louis CK. I had seen one of his stand-ups before, and a show he has now reminded me of him. Looking at the his vids on youtube, I don't actually don't really think he's INTP, I thought maybe ENTP. The bit about forming opinions on people in the store definitely drew me away from thinking him INTP (I think we normally try our best to never jump to conclusions with incomplete data).

I would just like to hear peoples opinions.

And about Anthony Jeselnik. I definitely don't think he's INTP. You say that he seems INTPish because he is "Clever, ironic, deadpan, and dark." Now I think that just a very broad interpretation of what "INTP humor" would be, but I'll continue. The reason he doesn't come off as INTP to me is that he able to portray himself so confidently that the way he looks at things (which I guess would typically be considered "Mean" or "Cruel" by society) is the right way and nothing is wrong with it. Most INTPs, I think, are not nearly as confident enough in their beliefs as they would need to be in order to pull it off the way that guy does. (But for the record, I actually did think he was kind of funny, I just didn't see qualities of an INTP in him)

Apotheosis

Robot Pirate
Local time
Today 2:34 PM
-->
And I was also interested in Louis CK. I had seen one of his stand-ups before, and a show he has now reminded me of him.

Have you watched his new show? Louis CK is awesome. Definitely in my top 10. I'm not sure of his typology, though.

And about Anthony Jeselnik. I definitely don't think he's INTP.

I don't either. I just thought that his humor may appeal to INTPs, so I posted it.

420MuNkEy

Banned
Local time
Today 12:34 PM
-->

Irishpenguin

Local time
-->
Have you watched his new show? Louis CK is awesome. Definitely in my top 10. I'm not sure of his typology, though.

Hell yes I've watches his show, and it's awesome!

I don't either. I just thought that his humor may appeal to INTPs, so I posted it.

Oh, whoops, sorry bout that then

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
Today 2:34 PM
-->
hmmm, I was wondering about Louis CK's type too. My initial thought was that he was actually INTJ, but then I thought ENTP probably makes more sense. I dunno though, does he have to be an N? Can't sensors be funny? (rhetorical) I think ISTx might fit better than the others.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
some entp comedians are probably greg giraldo, dana carvey, george carlin, and stephen colbert. as for intps, larry david seems an obvious choice.

Anktark

of the swarm
Local time
Today 9:34 PM
-->
Just want to thank you guys for mentioning Demetri, new discovery for me :)

Top Bottom