• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Enneagram Test(with Tritype)

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 3:45 AM
-->
You have Head, Heart and Gut sections, and one outstanding type for each.

Myself, for example:
Head - Outstanding 5
Heart - Outstanding 4
Gut - Outstanding 9

Head > Gut > Heart or 594

Here's a wiki link to an interpretation of the clusters:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritype#The_27_Tritypes

Test:

http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/pstypes-enneagram-test.html

Bj0UG.jpg

Masterlord

Banned
Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->
PSTypes Enneagram Test Results

The Distribution of Your Scores

Type One: 26
Type Two: 11
Type Three: 14
Type Four: 39
Type Five: 48
Type Six: 40
Type Seven: 17
Type Eight: 10
Type Nine: 23
Your probable Enneagram Type

Your main type is 5.
Considering the wings you should be a 5w6.

Don't those results dictate that you're 596 by the order of your scores?

I'm 564?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Don't those results dictate that you're 596 by the order of your scores?

I'm 564?

You can interpret Tritype to mean "three highest scoring types" or "highest scoring type for each section". The latter makes more sense, is the official interpretation, and is what I did.

You would be 514, "The Researcher", in that case.

Stirner

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:45 AM
-->
Type One: 27
Type Two: 0
Type Three: 41
Type Four: 20
Type Six: 25
Type Seven: 15
Type Eight: 12
Type Nine: 29

I'm a type five, and the test says I should be a 5w6. If I'm understanding this tri-type stuff, then I would be a 593: the thinker. Seems accurate.

Philosophyking87

It Thinks For Itself
Local time
Today 5:45 AM
-->
I don't like those "tritypes" on that wiki link.

So I'll just post descriptions of my tritypes, as given at blogspot.

This one describes me best:

5-4-1: these Fives are perhaps the most typical of this type’s usual description – they’re withdrawn, imaginative, ingenious, detail-oriented and sensitive. Very intelligent and creative but also somewhat capricious, fussy and impractical, they have explicit standards of intellectual ability and artistic taste and tend to reject and ridicule anything and anyone that doesn’t rise up to them. Typical isolationists who feel misunderstood by society, they hide in their ivory tower of ideas and ideals, abstractly reconstructing reality according to their own terms.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 4-5-1, 1-5-4
flavours: individualistic, elegant, inventive and nit-picking

And this one also somewhat describes me:

1-5-4 : a reserved, cerebral and fairly intuitive One, who has a preference for the realm of the thought and the abstract. They can be very theoretical and philosophical and like to be alone and ponder things for a long time. They have a developed imagination and a deep insight into the nature of things and people. Mainly isolationists, they have a tendency towards spareness and austerity and are generally economical and even avaritious. At times experience gloomy moods which they strangely enjoy.
usual subtypes: self-preserving, 1w9
similar tritypes: 1-4-5, 5-1-4
flavours: theoretical, philosophical, hoarding and insightful

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 12:45 PM
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.
Considering the wings you should be a 5w4.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
Today 10:45 AM
-->
Type One:

Type Two:

Type Three:

Type Four:

Type Five:

Type Six:

Type Seven:

Type Eight:

Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

ElvenVeil

Local time
Today 11:45 AM
-->
  • Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

Zionoxis

Local time
-->
Type One: 15
Type Two: 10
Type Three: 32
Type Four: 28
Type Five: 28
Type Six: 31
Type Seven: 31
Type Eight: 5
Type Nine: 33

Not even sure how I was meant to respond to some of the questions. The first half I agreed, second, not so much.

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

~Hm. Alrighty then.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 9:45 PM
-->
1, 2, 6 = fixed
3, 7, 8 = cardinal
4, 5, 9 = mutable

is this a transformation of temperament or is it to be interpreted as orthoganal? :confused:

(it would be very nice if enneagram as a whole were totally independent of type - that way we can nicely extend the number of types to 144)

Sema

Local time
-->
  • Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

i have 5w6

597 to be precise.

Last edited:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Seems like 594 is the most common here.

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

593 Thinker

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Seems like 594 is the most common here.

I believe something must be wrong with enneagram then. A 9 type system should act independently of a 16 types system, because they are of different bases, thus leading to numerological orthoganality.

I was able to infer an 8 type system from enneagram by dropping Enneatype 1, and this may well share subsystems with the 16 types system. This to me suggests that enneagram has been mixed with this 8 type system leading to a strange, probably inconsistent, system of type.

However, the 9 type system -is- still there, and I believe that it would act within each of the 16 type groups, and thus can be inferred by grouping members of a given type into 9 groups via two independent (and additional dependent) trichotomies (one factor would presumably be cardinal/mutable/fixed from astrology, or something resembling it).

Devious

Captian Understatement
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

So 549? I kinda figured that tritype would fit best (any 954 combination really), though I think 9 suits me better than 5. Considering I'm frequently typed as INTP instead of INFP, it's not really a surprise getting mistyped. Also that type 9s tend to get mistyped doesn't help. They seem to fill that ambivalent roll well. xD
It took me a while before I came to the conclusion that I was type 9 with some type of strong connection to 5... and I'm still not completely sure. >.<

Here's a nice thread from personality cafe with tritype descriptions. http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra.../73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions.html

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I believe something must be wrong with enneagram then. A 9 type system should act independently of a 16 types system, because they are of different bases, thus leading to numerological orthoganality.

I was able to infer an 8 type system from enneagram by dropping Enneatype 1, and this may well share subsystems with the 16 types system. This to me suggests that enneagram has been mixed with this 8 type system leading to a strange, probably inconsistent, system of type.

However, the 9 type system -is- still there, and I believe that it would act within each of the 16 type groups, and thus can be inferred by grouping members of a given type into 9 groups via two independent (and additional dependent) trichotomies (one factor would presumably be cardinal/mutable/fixed from astrology, or something resembling it).
You're thinking too hard about this.

Enneagram is a theory of core strengths, weaknesses, motivations, fears and desires. Typology is the study of intrinsic psychological categories with unique strengths, weaknesses, motivations, fears and desires.

They overlap.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
You're thinking too hard about this.

Enneagram is a theory of core strengths, weaknesses, motivations, fears and desires. Typology is the study of intrinsic psychological categories with unique strengths, weaknesses, motivations, fears and desires.

They overlap.

And the particular nature of these theories is that they propose certain structures relating to these things. Seems like numerology vs real maths and so probably only exists in the head (which isn't to say that there aren't very real objective correlates we can form, it's just that these won't actually follow the imposed structure unless we create it artificially).

There is no Typology. =/ Just overlapping sets of psychological strengths/weaknesses/motivations etc, and with a flick of the wrist all of a sudden the whole of human experience needs to be reinterpreted because we had been living in these structures, which has become clear to us now, and so we must go about and tell everyone about these structures so we can feel their true powaaaaa!

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
And the particular nature of these theories is that they propose certain structures relating to these things. Seems like numerology vs real maths and so probably only exists in the head (which isn't to say that there aren't very real objective correlates we can form, it's just that these won't actually follow the imposed structure unless we create it artificially).

There is no Typology. =/ Just overlapping sets of psychological strengths/weaknesses/motivations etc,
It's pretty arbitrary grouping indeed, although many of these kinds of pseudosciences and whatnot tend to be rooted in esoteric numeric systems. But Jung finally established 8 psychologically attitudes and popularized Extroversion/Introversion(sociable/withdrawn) and MBTI popularized Judging/Perceiving(order/disorder) and thus a set standard for personality systems began to form.

True there is no fixed typology, it's just a model, a tool, like mathematics.

At any rate, it's pretty evident these traits are existent, substantiated by psychological and neurological studies, and is even evident by the Big Five personality inventory. This is why I think the Big Five is desperately needed for typological theory, it can measure actual traits which can help mapping the psychological functions to concrete dispositions of the body/mind.

and with a flick of the wrist all of a sudden the whole of human experience needs to be reinterpreted because we had been living in these structures, which has become clear to us now, and so we must go about and tell everyone about these structures
I think this is the bad side of typology, it is really a delusion and believing it to be more certain than it is is destructive. Not to mention the effects of becoming self-conscious of human nature.

so we can feel their true powaaaaa!
Been hanging around t16t IRC a lot ?

hitode-kun

Undead
Local time
-->
Your main type is 5.

Type One: 29
Type Three: 21
Type Four: 36
Type Five: 52
Type Six: 41
Type Seven: 32
Type Eight: 35
Type Nine: 28
548, "The Scholar"

"The Scholar", huh? Well that was unexpected.

Treece

I Am Female
Local time
-->
I took a different one, but same idea

You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your tritype is 5w6, 9w1, 4w5.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-type contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist – the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

lungs

;lkjk;l
Local time
-->
  • Type One: 25
  • Type Two: 11
  • Type Three: 7
  • Type Four: 45
  • Type Five: 37
  • Type Six: 34
  • Type Seven: 6
  • Type Eight: 15
  • Type Nine: 32
Your main type is 4.
Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.

Been hanging around t16t IRC a lot ?

what

MizKodomo

Local time
-->
5w4

HDINTP

Local time
-->
  • Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
Fuck enneagram.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Type One: 17
Type Two: 2
Type Three: 19
Type Four: 15
Type Five: 53
Type Six: 19
Type Seven: 28
Type Eight: 35
Type Nine: 42

Your main type is 5.

539 - the thinker.

Can't say I'm that surprised.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

I am at odds between 5-3-9
these Fives might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons, but they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on. They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world. These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them, therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior.
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings
or 5-1-3
exacting, methodical, organized and fairly self-righteous, these Fives have a compulsive need for logic and order in their environment. They are hard-working and more practical and pragmatic than other Fives, focusing on the efficiency and improvement of the systems that interest them. They also enjoy and expect receiving the deserved recognition for their efforts, considering their time and involvement very precious. This tritype is one of the most cool-headed, rigid and self-controlled.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
or 1-3-6
this One is usually very hard-working and well-organized. Dutiful and diligent, they also keep an eye on their own interests and like to receive prizes and praise and boost their reputation among their peers. They prefer a leading role and can be excellent managers and leaders: they can get things done as they’re efficient, more pragmatic and also more cautious and calculated. They can sometimes suffer from a bit of paranoia, and worry about their status, finances or health.
usual subtypes: social, 1w9

I think we need a sub-subtype :storks:;)

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->

Type One: 17
Type Two: 13
Type Three: 11
Type Four: 35
Type Six: 35
Type Seven: 30
Type Eight: 21
Type Nine: 46

Your main type is 5.
Considering the wings you should be a 5 with balanced wings.

Why does it say "with balanced wings"? What does that mean?

jantling

camera obscura
Local time
-->
Type 1

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4

Type 5

Type 6

Typre 7

Type 8

Type 9

Your main type is 5.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Why does it say "with balanced wings"? What does that mean?

Read Treeces spoiler. Basically you have 9 different types all competing for dominance with 3 different catigories: how you see your self, how you relate to the world and how you think. I think you can figure out the rest on your own.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 5.

359, 593, 935 The Thinker
935 Tritype or "The Thinker" Tritype,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritype#cite_note-Fauvre2010-12 and this Tritype will present very differently than another 9 Tritype. The 935 will utilize the Type 9 strategy as dominant, but after exhausting wings and lines of connection, will move to Type 3 and become more expedient, professional or image focused, and then to Type 5 and become more cerebral, remote and concealed. This Tritype combination will seem significantly different than the 927.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

• Type One:

• Type Two:

• Type Three:

• Type Four:

• Type Five:

• Type Six:

• Type Seven:

• Type Eight:

• Type Nine:

Your main type is 9.
Considering the wings you should be a 9w1.

Gut > Gut > Head? (why does this sound like duck duck goose?)

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
-->
(Double posting for the hope to improved accuracy.)

Type One: 9
Type Two: 3
Type Three: 17
Type Four: 33
Type Five: 52 (!)
Type Six: 33
Type Seven: 32
Type Eight: 32
Type Nine: 46 (!)

Enneagram: Type 5 with balanced wings. (vs. 2 years ago's- Type 5w4)

purplesparrow

Redshirt
Local time
-->
According to mine, I'm 5-9-3.

5-9-3: these Fives are naturally diplomatic, peaceful and somewhat charismatic. They care about harmony and balance and are a bit anxious of people’s rejection and disapproval. Very sentient and tactful, they know how to reach their objectives without causing much fuss around them – they go with the flow and adapt to people and situations in a facile manner. They’re the type of people that others don’t see coming, skillfully speculating opportunities to their advantage while keeping a low profile.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-3-9, 9-5-3
flavours: tactful, well-mannered, collected and adaptable

Sounds about right. :cat:

Minicool

The Lazy Thinker
Local time
-->
Type One: 12
Type Two: 18
Type Three: 26
Type Four: 18
Type Five: 41
Type Six: 18
Type Seven: 25
Type Eight: 10
Type Nine: 23

Local time
-->
Type One: 7
Type Two: 1
Type Three: 10
Type Four: 19
Type Five: 55
Type Six: 29
Type Seven: 30
Type Eight: 11
Type Nine: 44

Your main type is 5.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I got 5-6-4. I suppose that makes me 5w6.

SW

Local time
-->
Type One: 34
Type Three: 36
Type Four: 31
Type Six: 25
Type Seven: 52
Type Eight: 39
Type Nine: 45

main type: 5
wings: 5w4

Ola

INFJ.
Local time
-->
Type One: 48
Type Two: 55
Type Three: 12
Type Four: 53
Type Six: 53
Type Seven: 0
Type Nine: 25

Your main type is 2 or 5.
Considering the wings you should be a 2w1 or 5 with balanced wings.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
Type One: 13
Type Three: 16
Type Four: 28
Type Five: 51
Type Six: 41
Type Seven: 22
Type Nine: 36

Your main type is 5.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
Type One: 24
Type Two: 24
Type Three: 0
Type Four: 43
Type Five: 32
Type Six: 43
Type Seven: 29
Type Eight: 1
Type Nine: 45

Your main type is 9.
Considering the wings you should be a 9w1.

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
-->
5w4

Becs

Redshirt
Local time
-->

Type One: 16
Type Three: 13
Type Four: 15
Type Five: 49
Type Six: 16
Type Seven: 13
Type Eight: 8
Type Nine: 30

I have no idea what this means - just getting my head around the MBTI designations - but what the hell here's another way of categorising myself.

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 12:45 PM
-->
Took this test again now almost two years later.
Got 5w6, although tritype still stands the same, 594.

Looking at the 5w6 explanation, I have to say, it clears a bit of my cluelessness why my relationship broke, which I thought would last for the rest of my life.

Suraj

Local time
-->
5w4 (sp/so/sx), Tritype 541.

Top Bottom