• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

About you?

Jason

Student
Local time
Yesterday 11:20 PM
-->
Hi, my name is Jason. I live in Virginia right now but have moved so much over the years that I call no place home. I would like to end up back in Hawaii where it all started. I am a 30 y/o swm with 2 dogs and no kids. My last real source of income was growing pot (legally) and for the moment I'm just floatin. I spend most of my time painting and gathering useless knowledge from the Internet. I found out I was an INTP in college and have since taken a few online tests. The hardest thing about being an INTP is the social anxiety. Im glad I am what I am because of the endless possibilities. Most things that don't include people come to me quickly. I came here to try to learn to be a little more social.

Thanks for having me,

-J.

Urraco

poo-tee-weet?
Local time
Yesterday 8:20 PM
-->
Waaaaaa therearesomanyversionswhy.
I will use this one I guess.

What is your name?

Shawn.

Where are you from?

A really disgusting place in semi-arid Central Washington. Ew.

How old are you?

22 1/2

What's your gender?

Male

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?

I had to take the official test for a college development class (lol@free credits)

How did you find out about this forum?

I honestly don't remember.

Do you have a partner/lover?

Ahahaha I kinda hate both words. I have a boyfriend of two years (INFP, naturally) who was
my best friend for years before that.

Do you have any kids?

No. I really want some and really don't.

Do you have any pets?

:/

What is the most difficult part of being an INTP?

95% of the time, anything you say or do will be wildly misinterpreted.

Co60

vector boson
Local time
Today 4:20 AM
-->
What is your name?

Undisclosed. Sometimes known as Boo

Where are you from?

Northern portion of the UK

Gender?

Female. Sort of.

Age?

49. Don't ask what happens in November 2012

Google

Married 24 years. He's an INTJ; we're not quite made in heaven, but not far off

Do you have any kids?

3 stroppy teenagers who have no idea how lucky they are to have an INTP mother like me

Do you have any pets?

dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats.

Which hobbies absorb you the most?

Reading, writing, science, problem-solving

How do you generate an income?

Project manager / strategist in UK nuclear industry. Dream job for a geeky INTP - basically being paid to do my hobbies

What is the most difficult part of being an INTP?

Not knowing anyone else quite like me - husband is close as an INTJ, but not close enough. I've not met another woman much like me since leaving education. *waves hopefully*. Gets worse as I get older and everyone around me gets boring and middle-aged. Maybe around here though?:borg:. I get the sense that I irritate a lot of people with my chronic lateness, disorganisation, laid-back attitude to things other people worry about, snarkiness about others' poor spelling and grammar, and awful procrastination. Only a very few people (other xNTx, and almost all men) seem to appreciate my particular qualities. Surprise surprise.

Best part of being an INTP?

Lots of what other people seem to find difficult comes very easily to me. My social awkwardness is counteracted very nicely by my intellectual self-confidence, and (mostly) I've sailed through life, rationalising my way through doubt and finding slacker workarounds to life's numerous difficulties.

C.J_Finn

Local time
Yesterday 10:20 PM
-->
I just realized that in all of my time here that I never did this. So here it goes...

What is your name?
C.J (Shocking, right?)

Where are you from?
Chicago

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

I took the test several times during a year or so, and finally decided to look into it. Read the INTP description and it suited me perfectly.

I don't remember. Might have been google.

No.

Do you have any kids?
No.

Do you have any pets?
Yes. A cat. Her name is Smokey.

WW2, Christianity (I just like to study it, I'm actually an agnostic atheist), music, reading, writing (poetry and stories), collecting artifacts from the past (a postal scale from the 1950s, a Fotron 3 camera, clay and glass power pole insulators, etc.), science, etc.

I'm unemployed and I still live with my parents.

Hardest thing about being INTP?
I can't really say. I never thought of anything really being hard that was related to my personality. Most of the problems in my life aren't my fault.:confused:

Local time
Today 1:20 PM
-->
What is your name?

I'd rather keep it to my self.

Where are you from?

I am from Melbourne, Australia.

How old are you?

I am currently 19 years of age and turning 20.

What's your gender?

Male.

In high school, they made us take a personality test and i got an ENFJ after a while, it change to INTP... then i re-took the test cause I was so sure im an ENFJ but no.. apparently im an ISTP... so after a while, i took some test again and got INTP... asked my friends to help me gain a better understanding and they just said im weird.

i took one more test the other night and got INTP and saw a link to this website... finally got curious cause I really want to know if i am an INTP or someone suffering from bi-polar personality disorder or bi-polar depression.

no, not at the moment but I have someone in mind though.

Do you have any kids?

no, not that I know of at least.

Do you have any pets?

No, I find them too trouble some but i've kind of wanted one.

hmm... I enjoy arts, I draw and paint a lot when I am happy. I sing when I am sad... I write poems when I am inspired... I eat when im hungry =P

Im working part-time at a busy restaurant near my place.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
Alright AA brethren, let's do this, let's fucking do this

What is your name?

NR (no rules)

Where are you from?
a state

How old are you?
early 20s

What's your gender?
male

that regular test for it.

google. After relatively epically failing way too much at the hands of analysis paralysis, I decided to try analyzing allll of it so that I never have to be stuck again.

nope.

Do you have any kids?
nope!

Do you have any pets?
used to have a dog, a couple hamsters etc.

music. One of the few things I can say for sure that I love, is music. Whatever world I can consider my own will also absorb me in the moment, (I think in that 'what type of INTP are you' thread I was mainly the IPTN gamer type, if that means anything.)

my family has that handled at the moment

okay let's see *cracks knuckes but not really*

INTP has a comfort zone built on passively constructing tactics and ideas in solitude (Ti); on the extreme opposite side of the personality is an all-out forward approach which also takes harmony with others into account (Fe). Fe will not be developed enough early in life to consider it as wieldy a tool as Ti, so these phenomena will remain a strictly fissured duality until later on.

Defaulting to what Ti is results in a lot of inaction; playing-it-safe to avoid possible regret, which often backfires due to letting the world fuck shit up instead of you doing something. However just deciding "okay! No more bullshit! Fe AAAAAHHH!!!" doesn't yield the best results until you increase it to at least level 15.

The functions also wind up learning to communicate and harmonize with each other; and the time it takes for a robot (Ti) to decipher at ALL the language of a mammalian child wanting to play (Fe) -and vice versa- will in most people take at least until their mid-20s. When this happens, the INTP can become something awesome, but they'll be well into their lifespan at that point and then hopefully rush once they have that newly-existent grasp on the world at all. This is where my preference for Asian females will compensate for me, due to the fact that they age better and don't look as old.

Best thing about being INTP?
INTP is pretty smart...I guess. What can that be good for? Pshht I dunno. We can trick an INTJ into losing a game, if we figure it out enough, and then make them want to kill us. I dunno, I've always enjoyed making really competitive people want to kill me and then not be able to, increase the intensity like that. Could be a counter-kitchen counter-counter-death instinct? Or some sort of twisted interpretation after being raised around retarded "hero" ideals and undeveloped extroverted aggression combined with personal ghosts? I've outgrown this dumb game anyway, it's very unproductive. Now that that's out of the way, what are my values? Probably the same as any other male mammal. As articulated before, the Fe is most in tune with the mammal side of the person, and it's a child who just wants to play.
I had to learn this game of myers-briggs to be able to play it and articulate everything this way- suppose INTP is good at that. Understanding things and incorporating them as building blocks in an arsenal of Si-past life experience. If you asked me the best thing about being something else I'd answer differently, but I took asking about "INTP" as being about the MBTI system.

Seems like INTP and myself comes up with some of the most quirky-genius ideas out of left field, which can be pretty cool too especially if appreciated by a second person.

There's that social-chameleon thing too... Kinda makes you feel like an unoriginal character when used, but who can also blend in well. At least if you use it only initially and then bring "yourself" out more afterwards.

KarlPilkington

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

I'm Karl

Where are you from?

From the UK

How old are you?

I'm in my latter years

What's your gender?

Male

Reading online INTP forum member's posts where they've speculated as to my type etc.

Through the #intp channel

Yes

Do you have any kids?
None

Do you have any pets?

Yes

Walking, thinking 'n such

I'm in television

?

Ocofan

Engineer
Local time
-->
A username with a little more anonymity might have been a better way to go. Unless its a joke in which case I usually fall for them being so gullible.

MsAnthropy_Indefatigably

The Black One
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Tricia

Where are you from?
From New York, but I've grown up in Florida most of my years

How old are you?
I am 32.5

What's your gender?
Female

At first I thought I was Schizoid or even more specific, "secret schizoid", but after doing some online tests that another forum posted, I found out my MBTI typing which I retested over and over, always turned out to be INTP, and apparently has a lot of similar social "un-norms" that being schizoid has.

Google.

I think last I answered this question I did not. Now I'm with a wonderful guy who gets my quirkiness and thinks I'm amazing :)

Do you have any kids?
I have 1 boy. That is all I will ideally want. And one day when I fuck around and have another kid by mistake, I will have to return to this forum and change this answer so as to not offend my future oops children.

Do you have any pets?
two cats. boy and girl siblings who couldn't be any different.

Music. Recently I've discovered Dub Step which, as a 32-year-old black woman, is hard to share with others. Even my boyfriend hates Dub Step. Right now I'm trying to figure out where this sample came from I heard in a song by BassNectar. It's the little things that consume me the most....

I'm an LPN (Lowest Paid Nurse)

Probably the level of scatterbrain-ed-ness that I tend to have. I'll want to do something. Think of how it can be done in a general sense, but executing it becomes arduous. I want to go back to school, but I'm afraid of all the actions/ steps required to get back into enrolling in a school, completing assignments, etc.

That even my son recognizes my "outside-the-box" attitude and approach to life as being a special gift and not just a strange set of traits, like most people I know.
I love that the things I discover (music, tech, vid games, other subjects) I can have mostly for myself because no one else is willing to open their narrow minds to experience/learn about it.

Onedemon

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Spencer.

Where are you from?

I am from beautiful California.

How old are you?

I am 23.

What's your gender?

Male

My sister (INTJ) had to take an MBTI test for her job and fell in love with it, so decided to give it a try. I ended up getting INTJ the very first time, but ever since then it has been INTP. Reading the portrait of an INTP was what did it for me.

My buddy Google pointed the way.

Not currently.

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

None of my own, but roommates have 2 dogs, brown lab and a chihuahua.

Game programming/development.

I am a Web Developer.

DarkNights

Edged Shadow
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Jacob.

Where are you from?

I am from Arizona.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male.

How did you find out you were an INTP?

I took a personality test and the description matched who I think I am, more or less.

The website I took the test on had a link to this website.

At most a very close friend who I am attracted to.

Do you have any kids?

That'd probably be a bad idea at this age.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, a dog.

Reading, writing, and listening to music.

Anamnesis

Exactly...
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Rather not, yet.

Where are you from?
California

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

Online test I was made to take for a job, and plenty others.

I was trying to help a friend figure out her type and decided to look for other INTP's. Tired of being the only one I know, wanted to find some like-minded people.

Sure.

Do you have any kids?
No

Do you have any pets?
2 kitties, best two friends a guy could ever have.

Reading (math, literature), video games to relax the mind.

I lecture mathematics (single and multivariable calculus) to freshmen and sophomore college students.

Is there one hardest thing? At the risk of sounding whiney nobody gets me. What's wrong with being "emotionless", quiet, and not going out on Friday nights? It's hard to related to a world filled with every manner of emotion, it's everywhere, it's in your face, and it's dizzying.

Love being able to spend countless hours in thought about whatever, and I really like how calm and emotionless I am (relatively) - I like to think I live a simpler life than most.

vault

Redshirt
Local time
-->
About Me

Hello, I am a different MBTI type, but I am interested in following your discussions here. I am currently going through a developmental process in which I am attempting to rediscover the wonder of life and learning in a way that could help me to approach every day with ability to achieve. I am a very peaceful person and hope I will be able to unintrusively contribute to your community in some way from time to time. Thank you for having me here.

lycaos

Eccentric Fledgling
Local time
Today 11:20 AM
-->
What is your name?

Lycaos is fine, really.

Where are you from?

I'm an Italian child who was born and grew up in the wrong place.

How old are you?

14 years old.

What's your gender?

Female

My club moderator made the whole club take the MBTI test via Powerpoint about two years ago. c: I found out that I was the lone INTP in the club, but that's alright. There were a lot of INTJs around me, though.

I stumbled across the INTJ forum and wondered if there was a forum for INTPs.

Not currently.

Do you have any kids?

None.

Do you have any pets?

Four dogs-- Mina, a dacshund, Fluffy, some sort of mixed-breed, and their children, Dora and Diego.

Rakshasa

Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Scott.

Where are you from?

I am from Missouri in the United States.

How old are you?

I am 17.

What's your gender?

D. None of the above

A friend I was skipping drama practice with. I was the main role. She was also an INTP.

Suggested on a webpage about INTPs.

The Night.

Do you have any kids?

No, however I would like to, I think. Maybe not. More than anything I would like to write a book, or create something that would impart some portion of my worldview to someone else. It's like having hundreds of 1/10 children.

Do you have any pets?

Not at the moment. The pet that I had since I was very young past away recently.

Valha

Brandon
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Brandon

Where are you from?
Raised in Georgia, Lived in Alaska, California, Wisconsin, Delaware, Florida

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

Personality assessment and research (compulsive research)

Google

Usually, but not at the moment

Do you have any kids?
No (but I assisted in raising two for three years (kids of girlfriend, we all lived together), they call me Pops)

Do you have any pets?
Two Cats

Listening to music and playing various instruments (piano, guitar, bass, etc.), Reading and studying psych and biology/physiology, Camping with good friends (and sometimes family), especially sitting around a fire

Post 911 GI Bill

Interacting with other people

Seeing the truth in things

PhoenixRising

nyctophiliac
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Renee, it means "reborn"

Where are you from?

Planet Earth

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

My former mentor introduced me to the personality test a little less than a decade ago. He was attempting to understand me so that he could better communicate with me. I always knew I was different from most people, I've never believed in conforming to social ideals and so most people my age couldn't relate to me.

I took the Jungian personality test again, and it came up INTP. There was a link to this forum at the bottom of the page. I decided to check it out since I'm always looking for people I can relate with.

Yeah, I'm not sure what type he is, but we see the world in a similar way.

Do you have any kids?

nope

Do you have any pets?

I have a cat. I love cats.

I am currently working on an animation for autistic children. It's for use in developmental training. I also do a lot of community service, and help out anyone who happens to need a hand. I frequently study quantum mechanics and chaos theory. Currently, I'm reading Prof. Cox's book Why Does E=MC2 as well as Feynman's Red Books. I have a hypothesis about the form and overall inner-workings of this universe, but it is a work in progress. I just built a computer for freelance work, whenever I have time for it.

I am a medical, industrial and scientific animation specialist. I work in a studio producing animations for medical and industrial companies. I should get paid more, but money really isn't the point for me.

I say something, and no one understands what I mean. My communication style is so different from most other types of people that there are a lot of misunderstandings that happen. People misinterpret my introversion as arrogance and coldness as well.

I know what people are feeling. I can read emotions and anticipate thoughts. I have a communication with what people call God, and so I understand things about the universe that most other people can't see. I think being INTP allows me to see and experience beauty in a richer, deeper way.

GeneralPatton

4 Star
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Brett

Where are you from?

South Carolina

How old are you?

What's your gender?

male

I went to a career assesment psychologist who knew me better in an hour than most have in a lifetime

Hunting for INTP career paths

Aye, married for 11 years

Do you have any kids?

2 daughters, 9 and 11

Do you have any pets?

A Siberian Husky and a Ragdoll cat (which I despise but my daughter wanted it)

I was an avid Warcraft player, but after years it got less challenging and my wife hated it since it was very time consuming. I mostly am a gearhead, playing with cars and trying endlessly to make them faster

I ran my parents business for the last 11 years, as for now I don't really do shit. I make paracord bracelets on the side mostly for friends, but some commericial sales.

I don't find it hard. Others tend to find it hard to deal with me. My wife especially hates how I remain calm when she is flipping her lid. She really hates how I disect her arguements and turn them on her.

Local time
-->
What is your name?

It's not interesting enough to say.

Where are you from?

San Jose, California.

How old are you?

20 this year.

What's your gender?

Male

Found out about MBTI a few years ago, and was tested INTP. I changed types a few times (after falling into the Fe trap). After studying the functions more, I concluded that it is unlikely that I am any other type.

It is on the second page of Google when you search "INTP." Yes, I looked through the second page.

I sneer at the thought of it because I am bitter.

Do you have any kids?

Yes, two. Both in the San Francisco bay.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, a horse, also in the bay.

Kainel

Thief, Philanthropist, Autist
Local time
-->
Name:
Kainel Tomas Wyst

Enlightenment:
General browsing happened. I think I may have been on 4chan when I first encountered people who'd taken the test. Decided to take it myself.

Site Tracking:
Clicked a promising link.

Love life:
Nonexistent

Children:
No

Pets:
My twin sister

On Difficulty:
Generally explaining things seems to be my most obvious problem. It's as if i need sieve through an obsequious muck of linguistic confusion just to tell someone 'no, that didn't happen' or similar mundane crap. I've literally had to repeat myself on a 'no' more than once the same go. Of course, my 'no' lasted the length of two sentences... but it needed to.

I think I've trained myself out of obliviousness, though. Can get you killed. Martial arts was helpful. If I'm lost in thought, it's usually behind a shield of passive observation and muscle memory.

Huh. Also rewording things. I've gone over this maybe thirty times and changed something each damn time.

catatonic

Banned
Local time
Today 10:20 AM
-->
What is your name?

My name is NN.

Where are you from?

I am from the volcanoes country in Asia.

How old are you?

I am 26.

What's your gender?

Female

I was introduced to MBTI through a troll buddy in USA named Breadlegs last month. He insisted that I'm an INTP, we even fought because of that. Then I joined this forum and learned about MBTI and found out that I'm actually an INTJ. I joined various forums, but I like this forum the most because members and mods here are more modest than the forum of my MBTI type, they're too serious there. I go online to have fun, why so serious? :phear:

As I wrote above, it's all because of I fought with my buddy. :D

I guess so, my precious...:o

Do you have any kids?

Nope, I'm a virgin.

Do you have any pets?

Unfortunately not. :cat:

Joking and playing dumb. :phear: Kidding, I like walking a lot, I can walk non-stop for 5 hours in fast-speed. ;)

I'm unemployed, I quit from my job last year to pursue master degree.

I dunno, but hardest thing as an INTJ : My friends said I'm too hard on myself. My buddy said I'm too rigid, impatient, and narrow-minded...and I think he's useless, immature, and absent-minded. :D

I always drawn to the INTPs, because xNTPs are the best trolls and they're funneh. Being their friends is somewhat a bliss because we have the same wavelength and they can make me less rigid. Some people sometimes think that I'm an INTP because I'm funneh too. ;) But I'm a good actress, I can pretend to be whatever MBTI personality type, depends on the situation. :phear:

Best thing as an INTJ is because my dominant function is Ni, I believe it makes me become somewhat empathetic. It's always easier if you know what exactly other people think about. ;)

sides

b
Local time
-->
What is your name?

arbitrary

Where are you from?
usa

How old are you?

you'll see

What's your gender?

fodder for stereotypes

many tests

searched for it

irrelavent

Do you have any kids?

I don't want to hear about yours

Do you have any pets?

a rats ass

research, writing, music

gross

catering to trivial ostentacious insecure mentalities. giving up on the reasoning retarded, especially when you love them.

:elephant::):evil::confused::mad::p:cool::smoker::rolleyes::angel::cat::phear::eek::elephant::king-twitter::storks::storks::storks::twisteddevil: <---- wtf is this garbage? on an intp forum? really? pick better words for attention

Intellect

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Just call me Intellect :)

Where are you from?

USA, but I travel frequently.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

A friend recommended an MBTI test to me in high school and I scored INTJ. Since then I've taken others with the same result.

Just searching around a few weeks ago. Pretty sure it was through a search unrelated to MBTI, too...

Anything challenging.

Self employed. I'm technically a consultant, but do several things for income.

Probably my tendency to lose interest in something and not see things through to the finish. Oh well.

FlowerThug

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Thugs don't reveal their true names, yo.

Where are you from?

Somewhere around DC.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

A professor made the class take this test, and used the results to divide the class up in teams. A few years later I joined a dating site, okcupid, and it too had the test..

Googled it. Have been looking into personality types lately to figure out if it factors in towards problems in life. A bit convinced that my personality is probably the cause, so decided to join the forum, and maybe learn something that might be helpful.

The name pretty much gives it away. I love gardening, usually have a fondness for trees and vegetables, but this fall I am going for flowers. Will see what the results are in spring.
Other than that, I enjoy making music (terrible at it), playing basketball, driving around for no good reason, hiking, and various other things. And lately, a lot of pot.

Bookkeeper.

I am not sure. That's partly the reason why I am here, figured maybe socializing with people on here might help figure out what things are true to my nature, and what things need to be changed, so I can be happy.

zafyad

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:20 AM
-->
What is your name?

Just call me Yad.

Where are you from?

Malaysia.

How old are you?

24 hoping for another 36 more.

What's your gender?

Male.

The usual test they make you take in school.

Google.

Yup.

Do you have any kids?

None.
Would love some, someday.

Do you have any pets?

I have 7 cats. Sam, Slash, Joan, Cat, Jacob, Edward and Whitey.

Reading and watching films. I love the films by Kurosawa. I'll read anything, from
trash to philosophy. Though it's sometime difficult to distinguish the two.

I'm a physics researcher.

Sarphire

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:20 AM
-->
What is your name?
Lenny.

Where are you from?
Arendal, Norway, although right now I live in Kristiansand.

How old are you?

Turning 21 in 21 days or so.

What's your gender?
Female.

Through a test I first found on Tumblr, and then later by a friend of mine.

Google.

A long-distance relationship with someone who just recently moved over to London to study. We just celebrated our three year anniversary two days ago actually.

Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment, no. I used to have almost 20 bunnies though hah.

Crocket

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Figure it out by looking at my nickname :)

Where are you from?

Belgium. The land of Indifference.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male.

MBTI test a friend pointed out to me. In one of the other ones I came out an INTJ though, have only been into this for about a week, so any observations are appreciated.

Google, I guess.

No. Ladies? :cool:

Do you have any kids?

None. Don't think i'm meant to reproduce either.

Do you have any pets?

Nope.

Reading (on myself and how humans work, what makes myself and the "system" around me as a whole tick), playing and listening to music, TV shows and movies.

Strangerella

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Nah, use my nick

Where are you from?
Romania
How old are you?

What's your gender?

Duh, female

We had to complete the test for the company I work. HR shit I thought. Boy, was I wrong!

Google is my friend.

Nope.

No kids either. No pets. Just me.

Hobbies: weight lifting, swimming and everything that has to do with water, rock/metal music, books,witty people, movies, meaningful conversations.etc :cool:

VII

VII
Local time
-->
What's your name?
Nick name, Seven.

Where are you from?

From the Alpha quadrant on a strange little planet called Earth. England.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

Originally though I was an INTJ but took some more test and read more in to other personality types and found I was actually an INTP. ;)

My dear friend Google.

Not currently.

Do you have any kids?

NO!

Do you have any pets?
Yes. A dog, a horse and some chickens.

Creatively, music production, novel writing, film crewing, video editing, digital and traditional art.
Physically I enjoy equestrianism and dance.
Intellectually I am an amateur astronomer, astro physics, research in to human psychology and arguing (with myself) about whether or not god exists and plausible explanations.

rachilde

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Danielle

Where are you from?
United States

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Female

Had a roommate who insisted I took the test.

Google.

No.

Do you have any kids?
No.

Do you have any pets?
No.

Reading.

Waiting to take the bar exam in February.

The fact that complex concepts cannot be reduced to coherent tweets.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Then, please, give me a comprehensive 120 character tweet explaining Michel Foucault's theory of power.

Comprehensive? You said coherent before - you sneaky bugger. @rachilde

Anyway, I might describe Nietzsche's Will to power as a sociological or anthropological version of Schopenhauer's more metaphysical Will concept. Will to power is the impetus towards human innovation and achievement.

The shortest I would go with it is thus - Nietzsche's Will to power is an extension of Schopenhauer's Will but applied to anthropological and sociological endeavors and explanations.

How what that? :D

Caligo

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

I call myself Nicholas on the internet - an English variant of my Swedish name.

Where are you from?

I'm from the West Coast of Sweden (Europe)

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Kinda knew it a long time and also took an online test.

I worked together on an online project with another member here, Vreck. And he made a post about the project at this site.

I have just ended a relationship.

Do you have any kids?

No. Not yet.

Do you have any pets?

Just bought a fighting fish.

Role-playing games, computer games, painting and drawing, music, movies, photography.

I work as a freelance graphic designer and as a teacher in the same field.

Having a hard time in relationships i guess (I don't know much about INTP types - learning).

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Comprehensive? You said coherent before - you sneaky bugger. @rachilde

Anyway, I might describe Nietzsche's Will to power as a sociological or anthropological version of Schopenhauer's more metaphysical Will concept. Will to power is the impetus towards human innovation and achievement.

The shortest I would go with it is thus - Nietzsche's Will to power is an extension of Schopenhauer's Will but applied to anthropological and sociological endeavors and explanations.

How what that? :D

So, I'm still awaiting a response. @rachilde

Psychic Child

Banned
Local time
-->
what is the wrong with the forum.
I had posted that sites name all over indigo society.

:storks:everyone respects that site, there.
if you wanna research go there and check my latest post.

Kaladin

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:50 AM
-->
What is your name?
Not telling because paranoid.

Where are you from?
UK, currently living in Sri Lanka

How old are you?
Early 20's

What's your gender?
Male

Online tests led me to INTJForum, slowly realized I wasn't an INTJ but INTP.

Google / INTJF

NO fuck you

Do you have any kids?
Nope

Do you have any pets?
Dog in UK :(

Internet addiction, drinking, smoking weed, thinking pretentious thoughts, and trying to decide if having a basic understanding of the small things that make up larger concepts implies that said concepts are in some way meaningless, invoking nihilistic thoughts.

Marketing technically, mostly administration in reality.

I have ridiculous aspirations for myself while being completely incapable of mustering the self control and concentration to follow anything. Social difficulties from trying to make logical shortcuts around what I see as stupid conventions. Unfounded arrogance and the use of narcissism to block out my insecurities.
Internet addiction, daydreaming, occasionally socially oblivious.

I'm so close to being better and less pathetic. Not sure if i'll ever reach that though. If I learn self discipline I think I could be awesome.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
Yesterday 9:20 PM
-->
What is your name?

Call me Ishmael.
Or Nezaros. That works too.

Where are you from?

Colorado, at present.

How old are you?

Eight-and-ten solar cycles.

What's your gender?

Male.

Test in psychology class in high school.

Randomly surfing the internet out of boredom.

Do you have any pets?

Nope.

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Rhiana

Where are you from?

I'm from a suburb of Dallas, Texas.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

F

From taking various personality tests online.

Pretty sure it was a link after a personality test.

Nope

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

Yeah. I have a little chihuahua and a cat.

I've been lurking for a while.
Nice to officially meet some of y'all.

CCCat

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Jonathan, any pleasing deviation works.

Where are you from?

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plaiinnsss.

How old are you?

I am 20.

What's your gender?

Male.

Can't really recall how I found out about MBTI, but a few cheesy tests say I am INTP.

Google.

No... :phear:

Do you have any kids?

And no...er

Do you have any pets?

My dog buddy, in a home away from home.

Now I shall explore :twisteddevil:

Arc.Demi

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:20 AM
-->
What is your name?

Deema

Where are you from?

Saudi Arabia - Jeddah

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

I was searching for personality tests that shows the best jobs for me .. it was in the third year of high school when you have to decide what to do in future ..

google , and am happy i found you guys :)

nope

Do you have any kids?

no i dont

Do you have any pets?

i love kittens but my sisters think they'r scary :slashnew:
so unfortunately no :(

hobbies / interests :

reading, drawing, music, martial arts, almost all kinds of art

the hardest part of being an INTP ?

not being able to express my happiness for a friend when she get so exited
and happy cause of something good happened and all i do is smiling :o
or ruin the moment with a stupid word that came out in the wrong way :slashnew:

Best part of being an INTP ?

it feels like am special and unique as i can understand things others don't , think about things others wont think about , having a higher ambition than other people and the ability to satisfy it with something i love to do :)

well in here you get paid for studying :D
oh yeah your jealous hahaha

Katy

"Bad Kitty"
Local time
-->
gawd I hate these things *sighs*

I'm a sociology student... sorta. Had to take a hiatus due to some rather nifty medical issues. So now I draw stuff... and occasionally paint. That seems to be more lucrative O.o lol

Basically, I'm old and jaded and well, now here... I figured I better find people to talk to since I don't do social BS real well either yet understand the basic human mechanics of requiring a 'tribe'. It's a catch-22 for me but I figured I'd give it a shot. It is kinda hard to talk to people when you can figure them out not long after the initial meeting :slashnew:

Cybeny

Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Local time
Today 3:20 PM
-->
What is your name?

Hello Everybody! I'm Doctor Nick. (Ok well, not a doctor, but I can dream)

Where are you from?

I'm from New Zealand! Unfortunately I live in the city, so I still can't say I've shagged a sheep. Yet....

How old are you?

I'm 19 years and 9 months and 20 days approximately

What's your gender?

Mostly male. For some reason I have a bunch of female friends who call me the feminine one, I'm not sure if this is based on reality, or just because it annoys me to no end.

When I was 14, my parents had a friend who was a psychologist who analyzed me as an INTP. Since then I've done various tests confirming this, but this could be because I really like the idea of being an INTP.

The wonders of Google. If it wasn't for the internet I would have gave up on the idea of there being even one other INTP, let alone a whole forum of them!

Not now, not ever. Instead my love life is full of many tragic stories full of rejection, near suicides, and possums...

Do you have any kids?

Does my laptop count?

Do you have any pets?

Well at the moment I live part time in a flat and part time with my parents. My flat doesn't have any pets, but my parents have a cat, and one teenage ESFP girl. :D

Publius

Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Tom.

Where are you from?

I am from Gloucestershire in the UK.

How old are you?

I am 23.

What's your gender?

Male

I very recently was introduced to the MBTI at work where they were using it to help people understand how to talk to people in a business environment.

A little google search.

Yes, I'm a serial monogamist.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

I have grown up with cats and adore them but do not own one currently.

If you can think of any other questions you might like to ask new members, or myself, please add them.

ShameFace

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Daniel but friends and family call me Danny

Where are you from?

Los Angeles, CA

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

First learned of MB's when I was 18 and just starting community college. Never gave it much thought though, until recently when i re-took the test and found I was still an INTP

I was actually doing a Google search about nicotine and vivid dreams, and it lead me to this forum.

No.

Do you have any kids?
No way

Do you have any pets?

Not at the moment, but I would like to. I'm partial to cats.​

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My Name is Chad Allen Solloway

Where are you from?

I am from Westbrook, Maine, right outside Portland

How old are you?

I am 27.

What's your gender?

Male

I was doing some self examination and I found some website that did personality test. So I took a bunch of test which is one of my hobbies and I found out that I was and INTP.

I was a part of INTP Central and fell out of favor so I decide to find a new site and this is what I found.

I am married to my beautiful wife Lacey. We marred July 2, 2011

Do you have any kids?

No, we don't have any kids yet.

Do you have any pets?

No, we live in a small one bedroom apartment and the landlord don't allow pets. One day I would love to get a large dog. I am a big fan of Mastiffs :storks:

Montresor

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 9:20 PM
-->
What is your name?

Eric

Where are you from?

Alberta

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

1st the test, then the forum

Link from INTP "profile" webpage

Yes.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

1 dog, 2 cats, 5 saltwater fish, sea star/crabs/snails/shrimp, 2 freshwater fish.

Top Bottom