• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What time period would you prefer to live in?

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:22 PM
-->
Do you feel like you belong in the year 2009?

What time period would be most accommodating to your interests/looks/abilities? How about a time period most beneficial for INTPs?

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Renaissance Italy. Well, for me, anyways. If I could get a sex change, would be brilliant. Art and science so easily confused... And the freedom to explore so many things at once! Of course, the religious grip on the place would be a tad frustrating, but I'm sure I would survive.
Otherwise, possibly classical Greece. It has always appealed to me, but don't know enough about it yet.
Maybe early 1900s? Or sometime around the Second World War, unravelling atomic mysteries...

Or hey, just launch me to the future, so I can go live on a moon colony or something. :p

Cassandra

18th century.

Rome/Greece. I want to meet So-crats!

Future place...hopefully nice by my definition of it.

1918, provided I couldn't get the Great Influenza but could meet the scientists who paved the way to modern science.

SEPKA

What???
Local time
Tomorrow 12:22 AM
-->
I suggest I could put the coordinate here but then
Perhap some of the far future, if they are as I predicted (humanity still thriving, technology dominate, annoying irrational people gone, knowledge pool expanded a lot, and I was given the power to shape the world to my will).

Belph

Local time
Today 7:22 PM
-->

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
22nd-23rd century, but then... I kind of like right where I am too.

Don't really want to suffer the Apocalypse. ... Though I do want to see ...

Artifice Orisit

I want to be 50yrs into the future, but still at this age.

It's a hard call to make, being where & when I am right now is already quite exciting, one only needs to read science mags or the like to realise how we're on the brink of the future, in 50yrs the world will be unrecognisable, in 100 I'm not even sure Earth will still exist.

antedox

INTP...not sick, but not well.
Local time
Today 12:22 PM
-->
I'm obsessed with whatever's next. I'd even be happier having been born 20 years from now when total recall devices are a reality, cell phones have become hitchhiker's guides, and energy usage is radically more efficient.

Then again, being obsessed with what's next, I'd probably have answered this same question 50 years from now in the same fashion, just with more advanced details...

nickgray

Local time
Today 8:22 PM
-->
Future, 24-25th century. If someone were to offer me a ticket to this time, I'll jump at the opportunity. Even if there were a chance that by then the planet is a semi-lifeless nuclear wasteland.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
ancient greece. not rome though.

or impossibly far into the future. like 30,000 years or so. we will have undoubtedly expanded into space. thats where i would want to be.

Android

Solyaris
Local time
Today 9:22 AM
-->
Sitting where I am now in Washington 60,000 years ago. The only human in the Americas. Only if I'm well armed though.. an A-Square .577 Tyranosaur, a Mateba Model 6 Unica Hunter, a Knight PDW, and a Winchester Model 97 should do.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 10:22 AM
-->
I would have to go with the future by default... the past sucks for chicks. Unless I get to be a dude, then probably about 1850, Europe. It would be cool to witness and be a part of the birth if the theory of evolution and the advancement of the natural sciences in general.

The Fury

is licking himself.
Local time
-->
Well if I could choose anywhere in time and space to be it would be in Japan during the Edo period, the age of the samurai.

Local time
-->
60/70s

some time not so long ago but far beyond reaches

Beez

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I would like to live in the future. Any time period would be ok if I could live in the period but not be bound by it. If that makes any sense.

dents

Local time
-->
Right freaking here, right freaking now. "The only way to predict the future is to invent it" is not going to be true for much longer, but NOW is where all the best possibilities lie. RIGHT NOW. Words cannot express how happy I am to be alive. Only deeds can!

Nicholas A. A. E.

formerly of the Basque-lands
Local time
Today 9:22 AM
-->
I am not sure. I am nostalgic for the 50s which I have never experienced, but technology and modern knowledge is important to me. Eh.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
I would say the future, just as others have, so I could know what's going to happen, but if I did,I'd get used to it and want to go into the future again. I don't really have any time period that I've ever really wished I was born into; they all had their drawbacks, and right now seems like a good time for me to be. I'm happy when I am.

The future will come. And kill us all. Might as well enjoy the wait.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 6:22 PM
-->
I would have liked to have been born in 297X and live during 3000 AD. I've always wanted to live in space and to visit places like the moon and Mars.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Let's see... Everywhere has its downsides. Still, places I would like to spend a lifetime in:
Athens during its golden age, when it was the hub of western culture.
Rome during its second golden age, around the reign of Hadrian; or in the decadence just before the collapse of the Republic.
There's a sort of lacuna in places I'd like to visit during the Christian Era, everything gets a little bit restrictive, primitive and dull. Possibly renaissance Venice; certainly Mediaeval Russia, which was anomalously socially free during a time of widespread oppression and fear.
One of the trade hubs of the Mongol Empire, along the Silk Road - maybe Samarkand.
Among Native American tribes in the Pre-Columbian era, to experience them before Western influence.
With the very earliest tribal nomads to come to Europe, at the birth of culture and the meeting of Homines Neanderthalensis and Sapiens - those tribespeople who spoke Indo-European.
Further back still, among the tribe who spoke the language from which all modern languages are descended, and therefore whose cultures and customs are the progenitors to all human activity in the world - the people whose modest, daily lives determined the course of history.
Perhaps in Babylon at the height of its power, to see the splendors of the civilisation whose many categorical and empirical lists are the ancestors of all modern scientific literature.
In Persia, during the Achaemenid era, in the royal cities of the east.
And, of course, in the transhuman future; where I fully intend to live in all of the above.

In any of these but the last, my life would be that of something of a social outcast. Really, it depends on one's status. In Athens, whether one was metic (as we would be were we to travel back in time) or a citizen would greatly influence one's experience of living there, in Rome the same applies to the distinction between the free and the enslaved, in Babylon we, as lone foreigners, would be pushed to the outskirts of city life, dwelling in the hazy space between "us" and "them" inhabited by prostitutes and the insane - really, the question is, what time period would you prefer to live in and what would you prefer to be there.

Scourgexlvii

Kind of like Batman... but completely different
Local time
-->
I've got to say I'd live in the time period in which quantum computers and Artificial photosynthesis are developed, and available. It seems by that time, a more Utopian world would exist, and despite my hesitance towards so-called Utopias, I would have to say, that those technologies would improve quality of life quite drastically.

Top Bottom