• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Typing by facial features

aaaw

æææææ
Local time
Today 7:29 PM
-->
Why bother with these sorts of tests? Myer Briggs is pseudoscientific enough, but this is worse than reading your horoscope. I thought INTPs were supposed to be logical, rational thinkers.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
Why bother with these sorts of tests? Myer Briggs is pseudoscientific enough, but this is worse than reading your horoscope. I thought INTPs were supposed to be logical, rational thinkers.

and bored enough to do this out of meaningless curiosity

Mondorius

Oh..?
Local time
Today 2:29 PM
-->
That website typed me as an INTJ on the question-based test, which I find accurate enough given I'm quite borderline on the P and J thing.

Now that has nothing to do with the Okcupid site tests, but I've actually been accurately typed by a morphopsychologist using only my facial features and it was quite amazing, honestly. I just sat there for 15 minutes while she was taking notes about my face and how the features relate to each other and then with me saying practically nothing the entire time, she could tell who I am and how I tend to think and operate in life.

aaaw

æææææ
Local time
-->
I've actually been accurately typed by a morphopsychologist using only my facial features and it was quite amazing, honestly.

That has been completely discredited for centuries. The first forms of racial (hierarchical) profiling used these sorts of primitive methods. You may as well be talking about seeing a palm reader.

"Readers" of this type have two real talents:

a) They are good at intepreting even subtle symbolism in a person's physical appearance - clothing, mannerisms, hairstyle, accent and language that reflects socio-economic status (sociolects) etc.

b) They are good at making statements that are general yet that everyone feels relate specifically to them - a charge that can definitely be levelled at Myer Briggs as well, though not to the same extent.

I'm suprised anyone still believes in this nonsense.

terraxceles

Fufufufu.
Local time
Today 10:29 PM
-->
I took this test a couple of months back and I got INFJ... which was creepy.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 8:29 PM
-->
ENTP

65% Extroverted, 42% Sensing, 57% Thinking, 74% Perceiving

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 9:29 PM
-->
right, so you're the one with that face and i'm wildly emotionally expressive

we're playing pretend

You'd still make a fabulously beautiful
female for pretend or not pretend.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
What do they mean with is your forehead the widest part of your face?
My forehead is just as wide as my jawbones and cheekbones...

EDIT: Voted yes because it is.... 1 mm wider I guess.

HOLY CRAP.
I actually came out as an INTP.

INTP
35% Extroverted, 44% Sensing, 64% Thinking, 59% Perceiving
You seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests you. Theoretical and abstract, you are interested more in ideas than in social interaction. You are quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable, and have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in your area of interest. You are skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical. Famous INTPs: Socrates, Rene Descartes, Tiger Woods, and Albert Einstein. (Courtesy of myersbriggs.org)

So how do they figure this out by looking at your face anyways?

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->

For fun? Gee, give the people some credit. No one is taking this seriously. :rolleyes:

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I think they wanted you to turn your hand "the long way" - I was somewhat confused by that question too, because when I think of "finger length", I think of... well, the length of my finger.

That's worse!

Unless you're bold or something. I, mean 6 fingers the "long" way from eyebrow to hairline. Wouldn't that go around your head, which would efficiently place your hairline... on your throat.

I'm sorry, but that description is just something they typed out so that we wouldn't feel sad about being crazy. What we call "rational" they call batshit crazy hallucinations including a complete lack of understanding of the real world. Also known as BSCHICLURW. Alas, you haven't noticed as you have bsheekuulurve too.

jacoluksevicius

shining darkness
Local time
Today 3:29 PM
-->

to be "logical", "rational" means "to be impartial", to see both sides of a fact before making an opinion, do not let your feelings prevent the fairness to be done (maybe the word "fairness" isn't the best one, but I couldn't think in another one).

I don't know how much you know about horoscope, but the horoscope of magazines are false, everyone has the 12 signs in different proportions, the one in magazines is just the SUN sign, which is usually the strongest one but only when you analyze the relation among all the signs you can say something really reliable.
(my sun sign is Aquarius and it was very accurate when I was a child, however, as I grew older it became half true, when I started to study astrology, everything was right and I found out the older I become, the stronger my Scorpio side becomes)

- yeah, I'm INTP and I believe in astrology, I used myself as a test and it was right, so I believe it can be right about other ones.

PS1.: you can prove something is true but not something isn't true. It can be false or you may not have the right way to prove it.

PS2.: someone asked what means "is your forefront the widest part of your face". Once I read a book about facial reading and it divides the face in 3 parts, forefront or sky(distance between your scalp and your eyebrows), the middle part (distance between your eyebrows and your nose tip) and the earth (your nose tip untill your chin).

PS3.: sorry if I used any word wrong

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
What do they mean with is your forehead the widest part of your face?
My forehead is just as wide as my jawbones and cheekbones...

EDIT: Voted yes because it is.... 1 mm wider I guess.

HOLY CRAP.
I actually came out as an INTP.

INTP
35% Extroverted, 44% Sensing, 64% Thinking, 59% Perceiving
You seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests you. Theoretical and abstract, you are interested more in ideas than in social interaction. You are quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable, and have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in your area of interest. You are skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical. Famous INTPs: Socrates, Rene Descartes, Tiger Woods, and Albert Einstein. (Courtesy of myersbriggs.org)

So how do they figure this out by looking at your face anyways?

It's really asking if your forehead
is wider than your chin (: they
just use an odd choice of wording.

Mondorius

Oh..?
Local time
-->
That has been completely discredited for centuries. The first forms of racial (hierarchical) profiling used these sorts of primitive methods. You may as well be talking about seeing a palm reader.

"Readers" of this type have two real talents:

a) They are good at intepreting even subtle symbolism in a person's physical appearance - clothing, mannerisms, hairstyle, accent and language that reflects socio-economic status (sociolects) etc.

b) They are good at making statements that are general yet that everyone feels relate specifically to them - a charge that can definitely be levelled at Myer Briggs as well, though not to the same extent.

I'm suprised anyone still believes in this nonsense.
I'm actually quite wary of this kind of practice, but at the very least she accomplished what she said she would, she managed to figure out pretty well who I am based on whatever, and she put it in a career context.

But, you know, you're making me twice as doubtful as I was before and now I feel kind of stupid and I'd like to be able to have a tape of the interview to analyze it to death...

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 5:29 AM
-->
I wonder if there is any kind of correlation between static facial (or any bodily) features and personality?

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
I wonder if there is any kind of correlation between static facial (or any bodily) features and personality?

There definitely are SOME things, I think.
Not necessarily in the genetic build of someone, but you can usually read of someone's face and stance if the person is active or lazy, shy or outgoing et cetera. Not to mention the laugh.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
-->

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
There definitely are SOME things, I think.
Not necessarily in the genetic build of someone, but you can usually read of someone's face and stance if the person is active or lazy, shy or outgoing et cetera. Not to mention the laugh.

These things - sure. However, what I was wondering was more along the lines of facial or bodily structure, that sort of thing, where no connection between the two things is immediately present, as it is with something like an active stance. I don't think the question is too interesting/useful, however. The connections between mannerisms and personality are much clearer and more useful.

Sky Walker said:
Ni sees the one why of many thoughts
Ne sees the many how-s of one thought

I like this.

darude11

Good vs Evil
Local time
-->
Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> World 3
guys (and lads), you probably won't believe me, but my result is
INTP

38% Extroverted, 44% Sensing, 71% Thinking, 53% Perceiving

And I can't believe it! :cool: Even in MBTI my result is INTP, it's just amazing :D

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
I still got ESTP. Apparently my face hasn't changed.
But I was hopeful.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 11:29 AM
-->
INTJ
46% Extroverted, 44% Sensing, 54% Thinking, 32% Perceiving

oh shi-

Banned

Redshirt
Local time
-->
ENTJ

54% Extroverted, 49% Sensing, 71% Thinking, 38% Perceiving

You are frank, decisive, assume leadership readily, quickly seeing illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, and developing and implementing comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. You enjoy long-term planning and goal setting, and are usually well informed, well read, and enjoy expanding your knowledge and passing it on to others. You are forceful in presenting their ideas. Famous ENTJs: David Letterman, Penn Jillette, Patrick Stewart, and Franklin D. Roosevelt. (Courtesy of myersbriggs.org)
If you enjoyed this test, check out one of my others!

Jelly Rev

Local time
-->

Banned

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Interesting...I seem to have a very TJ face. o.O

Because the other 2 dimensions were very close.

tepellian

Local time
Today 12:29 PM
-->
ISFP

46% Extroverted, 58% Sensing, 39% Thinking, 62% Perceiving

You are quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind, enjoying the present moment and what’s going on around you. You like to have your own space and to work within your own time frame. You are loyal and committed to your values and to people who are important to you. You dislike disagreements and conflicts, and do not force your opinions or values on others.

......priceless lulz.
the description is a whopping 35% or so correct about me.

does this test operate on stereotypes and superficial correlations? that's all I can think of.

also, "finger length" for forehead; could you get any more vague in measurement?

VII

VII
Local time
-->
ESFP :evil:

This explains why people seem to automatically assume I'm an outgoing and bubbly just by first glance.
When they talk to me they get a bit of a shock :)

addictedartist

-Ephesians4;20
Local time
-->
ENFJ

54% Extroverted, 47% Sensing, 32% Thinking, 35% Perceiving

You are warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible, highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. You find potential in everyone, and want to help others fulfill their potential. You may act as a catalyst for individual and group growth. You are loyal and responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable and good at facilitating others in a group, you provide inspiring leadership.

apparently my physical appearance is contrary to my mental attitudes besides my intuitive faculties which would lead me to believe that I am frequently mistyped by appearance.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Wow I actually scored as INTP.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
ISFP.

I'm White BTW and a little Native American.

They didn't even ask about your face shape or anything... I mean, my face is more round than square, but it's definitely more oval than round.

I'm Native American with a little bit of white (Like 20%ish I think, maybe more)

I got ISFJ.
46% Extroverted, 67% Sensing, 36% Thinking, 44% Perceiving

catatonic

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 1:29 AM
-->
ISFP
35% Extroverted, 70% Sensing, 43% Thinking, 65% Perceiving

:storks:

double-facepalm1.jpg

Ink

Local time
-->
INTJ
50% Extroverted, 47% Sensing, 54% Thinking, 38% Perceiving

kewl!

EmergingAlbert

Local time
Today 1:29 PM
-->
Hmm...I got ISFP. I couldn't use a mirror or look at a picture since I'm at work, so I'm not sure how accurately I answered the questions.

Captain

Banned
Local time
-->
They've taken down this test, anywhere else I can get it? I need to confirm I am an intp.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 12:29 PM
-->
They've taken down this test, anywhere else I can get it? I need to confirm I am an intp.

The only real way to discover your type is to study the functions.

INTP
  • Ti
  • Ne
  • Si
  • Fe

ISTP

• Ti
  • Se
  • Ni
  • Fe

A person is mostly their first two functions, thus the distinguishing characteristic between INTP and ISTP is Ne vs Se. So ISTP's will tend to be more physical and action oriented, whereas INTP's are hard to get out of the house.

Captain

Banned
Local time
-->
Listen buddy, I don't need no intj telling me what I am or am not ya hear. I an an intp and I just want some confirmation.

NormannTheDoorman

Rice is love. Rice is life.
Local time
-->
I need to get high to take anything from MBTI seriously.

Missfortune

ex- worlds most evil TA
Local time
-->
re typing by facial features

type this (thats not me btw)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 261

Missfortune