• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

MBTI - Improved Type Indicator?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 11:56 AM
-->
Background:

Auburn
Is it possible for one of those 8 functions to be more developed that a function which is technically supposed to be above it?- say Fe is actually more developed that Si in an INTP, is that possible?

Decaf
I don't know. I think we'd have to do a study to learn anything about that, but I imagine that would be a terribly difficult experiment to set up. Still, it might be worth it :D Should we try here? We have a pretty good sample group after all.

Auburn
I like the idea! And, this is probably as good of a place to test numerous INTPs as you'll ever see.
How can such an experiment be set up? Is there a tests that asks questions tailored to discriminate the eight inner functions, and their development? (Like the MBTI, which distinguishes between the 8 letters, except this one would distinguish the 8 conscious/unconscious functions - asking several questions tailored to each specific function - Se, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si, Te, Ni, Fi - and seeing how developed each are)

Decaf
I think we could probably write some questions that differentiate between extroverted and introverted forms, to determine someone's preference.
It may be a long test, but I think all we need to do is determine if they are extroverted or introverted for each function. Once we have that list we order them based on how they perceive the function's impact on their conscious thought.

edit: :o I guess assessments like this already exists online. Thank you LoR!

If you'd like, please post your test results here. These tests will attempt to determine your MBTI type via first interpreting which cognitive functions you use (Fi, Fe, Si, Se, Ni, Ne, Ti, Te) - instead of determining your 4 letter code.

Here are three to choose from::D

Last edited:

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
Tell me what you think of this test setup:

Friends_don__t_Die_by_auburneye.jpg

Perhaps the test can be divided into these four main categories? - from which the questions would either be tailored to introversion or extroversion. This way we'll know the orientation of their four conscious functions.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 12:56 PM
-->
I don't understand. Isn't it already telling about the orientation of the functions? INTPs being: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
Ah, yes! of course!

This is simply an experiment to see if the type can be determined from the inside out. For instance, if you took this test - you should come out Ti, Ne, Si, Fe - and that would in turn translate to INTP.

The place where I hope this is beneficial is in situations where someone isn't sure if they're, say, INFP or INFJ. Well, it's hard to distinguish from the perspective of the 4 letter code - but if they took a test that showed their inner functions, that would reveal the truth - since, in their inner functions, these two are quite different (Fi, Ne, Si, Te and Ni, Fe, Ti, Se) and would not come out with such similar results.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
I think this could make a good supplement to the MBTI. Accuracy is so-so, but if you had an independent test that looked at the theory from a different angle, you could provide test results that are self reinforcing. If the two don't match, then the test taker can be told that it might not be accurate instead of leaving them blind.

I think some folk would be interested and it would allow an avenue for understanding the theory better.

@Auburn - I've been thinking about what it might mean to develop functions lower on the list before ones above and I think its unlikely. They develop in that order for a reason. Auxiliary is the opposite kind of function in the opposite orientation because that's what the mind needs to cope once its established its dominant function. The tertiary and inferior are the same way, the inferior being weaker because we tend to rely so heavily on our dominant to do our judging or perceiving. The one possibility I see is if someone is brought up to dislike their dominant function, they may develop their inferior before their tertiary, but it would not be a healthy situation.

*edit* what Auburn said. :D

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'll help where I can.

Also shouldn't that picture include P and J as well?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 7:56 AM
-->
There's been much effort put into developing a cognitive processes assessment already, check out cognitiveprocesses.com

They seem to have two surveys on line at the moment. I like these 'tests' (they emphasise they aren't really tests) more than other online type assessments. It would seem more accurate or helpful at least to be able to rank your preferred functions in relation to each other.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/tandem_survey.html

But still. I wonder how this meshes with your view of things Decaf? Every time I've completed one of these surveys the ranking of functions places some of what would be my INTP unconscious ones above some of the conscious ones. Yet still get INTP as result.

Like all good ideas - someone else has thought it first. :(

I'll amend that, make it three - here's the original:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/surveyOriginal.html

Last edited:

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Tomorrow 4:56 AM
-->
I'll help where I can.

Also shouldn't that picture include P and J as well?

P/J is irrelevant, because in a four letter type, the P/J indicates whether the perceiving or judging is extraverted. Eg. in INTP, the P means the perceiving letter (N) is extraverted, so Ne and Ti.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
My results for the first test were:

Kazeyo_by_auburneye.jpg

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:56 PM
-->
Decaf said:
The one possibility I see is if someone is brought up to dislike their dominant function, they may develop their inferior before their tertiary, but it would not be a healthy situation.

I know I'm only a sample size of 1, but I can vouch for this possibility. I've wondered for a few weeks whether or not my Fe is stronger than my Si (I'm not even sure my Si is developed at all, yet), but I definitely have a "working" Fe. I was wondering if maybe I was just an ENTP who got pushed away into his own head to the point where his Ne couldn't get the practice it wanted thinking up weird connections in conversation, so that the Fe would actually be tertiary. As I thought about it, though, the Ti definitely developed well before my Ne in childhood... but I got yelled at for an awful lot of Ti-centered activities. Of course, I can't really vouch for the healthiness of the situation, because it may just turn out to help later in life.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
The second link's result's for me:

Cognitive Dynamic
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

Se with Ni **************************** (28)
Si with Ne *********************************** (35)
Ne with Si *********************************** (35)

Ni with Se **************************** (28)
Te with Fi ************************* (25)
Ti with Fe ******************************** (32)
Fe with Ti ******************************** (32)

Fi with Te ************************* (25)

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJ
The corresponding best-fit cognitive pattern:
If these results don't fit well then consider these types: ISFJ, or ENTP

Although the results inaccurately showed me as an ESFJ, I do see the results of the paired cognitive dynamics to be accurate. My strongest is labeled Si-Ne/Ne-Si, which I do use much - being my Auxiliary and Tertiary functions. The other strongest pair is Ti-Fe/Fe-Ti, which is amazing! because that's exactly how I see it inside of me! Those two have to work together (which is initially very hard) in order for me to make balanced decisions - between empirical logic and the needs of people.

Could these results actually explain why it is that I often feel my Fe to be very much developed? I wrote somewhere else here that I think I subconsciously began to form a balance between Ti and Fe. Is that possible?

Is it possible to be an INTP (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe) who more often pairs up Fe-Ti and Ne-Si than the usual INTP paired functions (Ti-Ne and Ti-Si, etc)?

Anling

Local time
-->
I came out as an INTP in the first one, an ESFJ in the second one, and an INTP in the third one.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Results for test #1:

Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...
<in decreasing order, as per a standard curve>

- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ne
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fi
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Si
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Te
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Se

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INTP

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INTP

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -2.2

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Se
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Te,Si
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fi
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ni,Fe
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ti,Ne
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
So yes, please note that my Si is substantially less than Fe.
I've been forced to develop Fe all my life (upbringing, childhood survival, and religious philosophies).

Test #2:

Cognitive DynamicLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)Se with Ni ************************ (24.2)
average useSi with Ne ********************************** (34.2)
good useNe with Si ********************************** (34.2)
good useNi with Se ************************ (24.2)
average useTe with Fi ************************** (26.2)
average useTi with Fe *********************************** (35.2)
good useFe with Ti *********************************** (35.2)
good useFi with Te ************************** (26.2)
average use
ha ha, I got ESFJ on this test? Wow.

Test #3 I always get INTP, with an occasional INFJ read. (My top three are always Ti, Ne, and Ni; with Fe fourth.)

As far as whether people follow the "path" of the theory or not:

Only reality matters.
If the theory doesn't describe reality, then we need to ditch it.... or qualify it.

I have found that the theoretical path has merit but only as a starting point from which many people then deviate to some degree.

I've met INTPs who have strong Ti+Si and little Ne. Usually this is because Ti+Si produces a strong isolationist mindset that acts as a survival instinct. It's also very stable. I would wager that Ne was shunned because it was dangerous for some reason, and the Ti+Si aspect provided safety in some way, so the two extroverted features were rejected.

Likewise, Ne is a useful trait for engaging others; most people seem to respect imagination, as long as it doesn't interfere with how they want to live their lives. (I.e., it can be twisted around as a "feel good" mechanism socially and also can provide a pathway for INTPs to engage their Fe sense.) So there are INTPs who found it safer to engage using Ne, and subvert their Ti (i.e., not let others see it even if it existed), and often Fe will get thrown into the mix as well. Ne is also flexy, it can't be pinned down and argued against, making it again another "safer' function if the environment is hostile.

It's the details of the environment (the family structure, the parents' typology, the religious underpinnings, etc.) as well as the specific quirks of the individual in consideration that I think determine which functions become more dominant and which are suppressed.

I know in my family I was rewarded (to some degree) for using Ne and Fe.
I was punished for using Ti.
So my Ti was always strong but I never voiced it, it was all internalized.
My Ne developed wildly but prevented me from learning much S skill that would have helped me make practical progress in life (i'd daydream far too much and flex too much and never commit to decisions).
And my Fe was strong to the point of becoming paranoid over other people's expectations and how I was failing in my obligations, or feeling terror when I "broke ranks." It was only a few years ago where I really began to realize how to apply Fe in positive ways, and that I could use it to healthily defend my own boundaries and draw on it for sustenance.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ne [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Si [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Te [] [] [] [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fi [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Se [] [][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: INTP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: INTP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Developmental Curve[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your self-assessment curve = -2.5[/FONT][/SIZE]

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Te,Se,Fi,Fe
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.
Ni,Si
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.
Ne
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.
Ti
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]___________________________________________________________[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Cognitive Dynamics Profile[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into eight cognitive dynamics. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Cognitive DynamicLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Se with Ni ************************** (26.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Si with Ne ***************************************** (41.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Ne with Si ***************************************** (41.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Ni with Se ************************** (26.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Te with Fi ************************** (26.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Ti with Fe ************************* (25.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Fe with Ti ************************* (25.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Fi with Te ************************** (26.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Summary Analysis of Profile[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTJ[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]The corresponding best-fit cognitive pattern: If these results don't fit well then consider these types: ISTJ, or ENFP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]____________________________________________________________[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.7)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.8)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** (50.2)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.6)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.9)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************************** (52.4)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]introverted Feeling (Fi) **************** (16.5)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Summary Analysis of Profile[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.[/FONT][/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Support (Auxilliary) Process[/FONT][/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.[/FONT][/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or ISTP[/FONT][/SIZE]

edit- i don't really understand the second test. why does it say people are very opposite to all the other tests? a lot of the questions on that test left me scratching my head and just putting down an answer so i could go on with it. and why would my Si with Ne be different then my Ne with Si (well, they're not different, so then the real question is, why have it in two categories)? personally, the tandem dynamics thing seems a little sketchy to me.

i find it interesting my Ni and Te are even more well developed then my Fi, Fe, and Se (and my Fe, the inferior function, is actually lower then my Fi).

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
INTP
ESFJ
INTP

-----
Great idea, even though it has been done before... maybe you could still go ahead in trying to make a test, cause at least that second one is way out of wack.

Aviana

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My results from CognitiveProcesses.com:

- • • • • • • • • • • • • • • Ti
- • • • • • • • • • • • • Ne
- • • • • • • • • • Te
- • • • • • • • • • Fi
- • • • • • • • • Se
- • • • • • • • Fe
- • • Si
Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: ENTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
Possible result: ENTP

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.
Your self-assessment curve = -1.8

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
hmmm...

Are there any conclusions we could draw from these results so far?

It seems like many of us score INTP, ESFJ, INTP - (and I think the second test is actually meaning to say INTP, but it's just not perfected yet)

It seems like several of us concur with the test's ordering of our personal cognitive processes - although it is not the assumed order (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe) of an INTP.

Could it really be that our 'individual' order of our cognitive process could actually be different from Ti, Ne, Si, Fe? Are these tests accurate?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
hmmm...

Is there any conclusion we can draw from these trends?

It seems like many of us score INTP, ESFJ, INTP - and also higher on some cognitive process than what is normal... precisely the process that we ourslelves belive is more developed in us. Could it really be that the order is different in our cognitive processes?

Well, if you looked at the point tallies for Test #2, all the flip pairs (at least in MY test scores) were the same.

In other words, my Ti + Fe score was the same as my Fe + Ti score (and the other three flip-pairs had the same scores too).

If the programmer sucked, it could just be a product of whatever variables were populated last, NOT whether Ti or Fe was strong.

Hard to tell without reviewing the scoring code.

Thread Killer

Never-Around Member
Local time
-->
rofl @ the second test which gave me ESFJ. I took the third test and got INTP. Havne't taken the first one, really.
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.9)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te)
**************************** (29)
average use
i
ntroverted Thinking (Ti)
************************************* (37)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.1)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.1)
good use

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Interesting... I didn't take the second test, but the first gave me INTP with an Fi about the same strength as an Si, and the third gave me INFP, with Fi, Ti, and Ne all about even. I lost the first test's results, but here's the third one.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.4)
excellent use

The profile for INFPs fit me pretty darn well too... but everything in me pushes for an objective perspective, I prefer universal theories rather than subjective ones, and I suck at understanding people, so I typed myself INTP off of that. Interesting, though...

Death

..still alive
Local time
Today 7:56 PM
-->
Test #1
test1ey6.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: ENTP[/SIZE][/FONT]

The result shows me as an almost stereotypical INTP,but I wonder why they type me as an ENTP,though.

Test #2

test2hp7.jpg

Result : ESFJ

Test #3
88599443ab9.jpg

Result: INTP

Weird ..just weird....

eudemonia

still searching
Local time
-->
Well i Just did the first test and came out as an INFP:
Fi
Ti
Ne
Fe
- all of these quite similar in strength
Ni
Si
Te
Se
- very low on these

I make sense of this as follows: in a certain phase in my life Ihad to learn to develop my F function. Having done that, it is very much a part of me now and it is something I have learned to value and to access, equally with my T. I've always known that I am extremely poor at anything involving the S function,which is part of the reason why I can never remember anything - people, places, experiences and even books and films. I cannot ground my experiences with underlying details - never remember authors or film stars in the films I like etc. I wish I could be better at this.

Finally, what has struck me is how low my extraverted thinking is. This is because since leaving university over 20 years ago, I haven't really had to extravert my thinking on any deep level. I've just kept all my thinking internal which means much of it is undeveloped :(

So I'm an INTP with a developed Fi and Fe and an underdeveloped Te. Shit :rolleyes:

EDIT: come to think about it, I have always had a strong Fi function. I've always felt passionate about my ideas, and my ideas and ideals have been very much intermingled. Now I'm confused :confused::D

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
Interesting... I didn't take the second test, but the first gave me INTP with an Fi about the same strength as an Si, and the third gave me INFP, with Fi, Ti, and Ne all about even. I lost the first test's results, but here's the third one.

finally got a test that we didn't match up on. i wonder if your increased Fi could account for our different religious views?

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It was actually the first thing that crossed my mind. I had it typed up when I was giving my results, saying maybe auburn had a point about INFJs... but then decided "nah... I'm not gonna turn another thread this way," and nixed the idea. (for the record, auburn, INFJs have an Fe instead of Fi... and my Fe was in the gutter... so I still don't buy it ;))

this really probably deserves its own thread... but is there any real way to tell the difference between Ti and Fi dominant when they're both being used about evenly? If you're an Fi-dominant who values objective, universal truths, then Ti is required to find them. If you're a Ti who decides to "stick to what he finds to be true," then the true things Ti thinks it finds brings Fi into the picture, and they become values. Any subjective values could easily include truth (of course they don't have to, because they're subjective, but they could), and any objective account of the world can't just ignore subjective values, to be truly complete. I know that objective decisions are easier to make for me... but when it comes down to anything where people are involved I can hardly tell the difference between T and F.

to answer your question tho, the Ti developed in me much, much earlier than the Fi did. I think the Fi only started coming out when I got depressed a few years back and started wondering why truth is more important than any of the other things people find to waste their lives chasing, anyway. My concept of time is pretty shitty... and theres no two such times when I can say "the day before I didn't believe, but this day I did," but I'm thinking that what's called Fi developed and became a bigger chunk of my mind at the same time while I was growing deeper intertwined into the faith that... I picked(? ...unlikely).

So I think it's tough to really tell, given two events, whether one caused the other or some third thing caused them both. Even if you discount anything supernatural, I have the growth of Fi, the growth of faith, and a good deal more jaded view of the world, others, and myself all happening at the same time to sort through for causes and effects. I'll think about it, but I can't make a decision so quickly about which one caused the others or whether some other factor caused them all.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
i think it comes down to: what actually causes people to become the personality type they are? there was a thread a while back about what types peoples parents were, and it was all over the place, which seems to make both upbringing and genetics less likely. does something happen (possibly epigenetics?) during childhood, or even in the womb, that makes peoples brains develop in the way they do? this test clearly shows that even INTP's that are a lot alike in many ways (such as me and cryptonia) are actually very different in the "shadow" functions. i'm just wondering how these differences could emerge in the shadow functions with the main functions (Intuitive Thinking) take in an process information the same way.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
AI said:
this test clearly shows that even INTP's that are a lot alike in many ways (such as me and cryptonia) are actually very different in the "shadow" functions. i'm just wondering how these differences could emerge in the shadow functions with the main functions (Intuitive Thinking) take in an process information the same way.
hmmm...
perhaps because of these variables, even as INTPs, we don't all process information "exactly" the same way - but similarly...

I think it comes down to: what actually causes people to become the personality type they are? there was a thread a while back about what types peoples parents were, and it was all over the place, which seems to make both upbringing and genetics less likely. does something happen (possibly epigenetics?) during childhood, or even in the womb, that makes peoples brains develop in the way they do?
I've wondered this too. Quite honestly all I have are speculations, but I'll mention a few to see if anyone else has seen something similar:

For instance, I've noticed a trend with mothers who are less luvy-duvy for their babies. It seems like the child hungers for some of that care which it's not fully receiving - and therefore whynes and cries much more, wanting attention. The mother responds eventually and provides it, but the baby grows accustomed to asking for it in order to recieve it. This want for emotional attention, I've seen, carries on with the child - making him/her more sensitive to things such as acceptance and peer pressure, and they typically want socialization. This sounds like a 'feeler' to me, but again - it's speculation.

On the flip side - I've seen mothers who care for their babies so much that they satisfy their every need (physically, emotionally) immediately - or even before they whyne for it. The child doesn't normally cry, and is a fairly healthy child. And as the child waddles around the house happily, his/her mind is more free to explore this great new world - without having to worry about their needs not being met. I've seen that such babies develop with less emotional sensitivity (as in delicacy) and tend to be smarter. This sounds like a 'thinker' to me, but again; speculation only.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I've wondered this too. Quite honestly all I have are speculations, but I'll mention a few to see if anyone else has seen something similar:

For instance, I've noticed a trend with mothers who are less luvy-duvy for their babies. It seems like the child hungers for some of that care which it's not fully receiving - and therefore whynes and cries much more, wanting attention. The mother responds eventually and provides it, but the baby grows accustomed to asking for it in order to recieve it. This want for emotional attention, I've seen, carries on with the child - making him/her more sensitive to things such as acceptance and peer pressure, and they typically want socialization. This sounds like a 'feeler' to me, but again - it's speculation.

On the flip side - I've seen mothers who care for their babies so much that they satisfy their every need (physically, emotionally) immediately - or even before they whyne for it. The child doesn't normally cry, and is a fairly healthy child. And as the child waddles around the house happily, his/her mind is more free to explore this great new world - without having to worry about their needs not being met. I've seen that such babies develop with less emotional sensitivity (as in delicacy) and tend to be smarter. This sounds like a 'thinker' to me, but again; speculation only.

I've seen lots of different things, and yes, this is total speculation; there are just far too many variables to be able to pinpoint an actual progression. Your synopsis also seems to gloss over a lot of bumps in just that process that you describe; the process also involves inherent reactions even at the very beginning of how the baby FIRST interacts with the mother. (The feedback loop gets established immediately after birth, if not before.)

Developing humans are hard to sum up. They can be severely damaged by environmental influences but also have a survival instinct; most of the "screw up" to me seems to come from maladjusted coping/survival mechanisms rather than direct damage. There's something in people that seeks stability and to compensate for the external extremes, even if some kids are remarkably sensitive to environment.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
whats strange to me is that, in my family, my sister is ESFJ (exact opposite of me) and my brother, who hasn't taken the test, i would say is most likely ISTP, possibly ISTJ (he portrays both P and J traits). even in the same family environment, going to all the same schools, and often time even wearing the same clothes (hand me downs were popular in my family) we ended up being so different.

before i knew about MBTI, i always thought it was the ages. i've heard before that the older child in a family will often be more of a perfectionist, which describes my older brother in a lot of ways, even though he's a procrastinator in the sense that he doesn't really sweat the big issues. all his CD's and shit are in alphabetical order and his room is spotless, but he doesn't have the drive and motivation for success that is often attributed to J's.

and i've heard that younger siblings will often get the kind of spoiled mentality, that their entitled to things because parents often times spoil their youngest children. the kind of describes my sister and it seems like more of an immature F trait, to consider your own values as more important then somebody elses (even if those values are the entitlement of your friends, not just yourself).

and i've heard that the middle child is often the more neglected one. before i knew what MBTI was, i always assumed that that was why i am the way i am, why i'm always so detached and independant, why i'll often prefer my own company over the company of others.

i'm not sure how true any of that is, its just something i read about somewhere a long time ago.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
I really felt like I should share this with you! This may answer many of the questions presented in this thread.

The following is a quote from Functions of Type: [almost verbatim]

The development of the other six functions is not so clear (as the first two). Two patterns are emerging from our research:
  1. The same functions as the dominant and auxiliary in the opposite attitudes are the third and fourth most developed. For example, if the dominat and auxiliary are Fe and Si, then the next most developed functions would be Fi and Se. Ne, Ni, Ti, and Te are less developed. The only ordering that appears in the bottom four is that frequently the inferior function is the last, that is, if the dominant is Fe then Ti would be the least developed.
  2. The tertiary is the opposite of the auxiliary, and the inferior is the opposite of the dominant. For instance, if the dominant and auxiliary are Fe and Si, then the tertiary and inferior would be Ne and Ti. The last four functions are unknown. In theory they would be the same as the first four but opposite in orientation (i or e), but this is uncertain.
For a few people due to life circumstances, the amount of development does not follow either pattern. Following are some of the circumstances that could influence the amount of development:

During childhood (about 3-12 years of age)
  1. There was negative feedback when the dominant was being used
  2. Family life called upon a nonpreferred function to be used in order to survive (e.g., an alcoholic or abusive parent or sibling)
  3. There was positive feedback for using nonpreferred functions
Later in life
  1. Chosen jobs require extensive use of nonpreferred functions
  2. Parenting skills demanded use of nonpreferred functions.
In any of these situations it may be difficult to determine the type preference of the person; thus, the pattern of development for that person may also be unclear.
It seems like life circumstances do have much to do with the development of our other functions. The development of the dominant and auxiliary forms the core of the personality, however I suspect that from there on the development has no fixed pattern.

Once the core is formed, the rest are developed according to how necessary they are in the environment the individual is placed in. The necessity is typically to develop those areas which are opposite of the first two in order to create a balance, compensating for the first two's weaknesses, but depending on life circumstances, other functions may be more in demand.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
and i've heard that the middle child is often the more neglected one. before i knew what MBTI was, i always assumed that that was why i am the way i am, why i'm always so detached and independant, why i'll often prefer my own company over the company of others.
I would agree with you. Being a middle child (older brother, younger sister), it seemed as though my brother got most of the pushing to achieve and my sister (younger by 8 years) got spoiled, as in got most of what she wanted.
I, in contrast, received a modicum of attention and was left to my own devices or left to watch my little sister when my mother was occupied otherwise. My imagination became my world which included drawing these worlds, and which were acknowledged briefly by my parents, yet never with expressed emotion.
Detachment from the life around me came early, probably around 10 or 11, and there were times I remember thinking that I was only watching this family as an observer, not a participant.

Weliddryn

Far too curious...
Local time
-->
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.9)
limited useintroverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23)
limited useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29)
average useextraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent useintroverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47)
excellent useextraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.8)
limited useintroverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.7)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INTJ

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
First test:
Ti, Ne, Ni, Si, Fi, Se, Fe.
Last time I sat this one, I got:
Ti, Ne, Si, Fi, Ni, Se, Te, Fe.
I'm in a pretty different mood, though.

Second test:

Se with Ni ******************** (20.2)
Si with Ne ****************************************** (42.2)
Ne with Si ****************************************** (42.2)
Ni with Se ******************** (20.2)
Te with Fi ***************************** (29.2)
Ti with Fe **************************** (28.2)
Fe with Ti **************************** (28.2)
Fi with Te ***************************** (29.2)

This one suggested I was the hated ESTJ. I was apalled!
The suggestion that Ti and Fe are used together makes no sense to me at all. I've never thought of these working together: in my mind, Ti bludgeons Fe into submission...

As with other mistyped INTPs, you can see that Ti, Ne, Si and Fe are strong - although Fi/Te is slightly stronger than Ti/Fe. That seems right - I suppose seeming right is either Fi or Ni. :P

Third test:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.8)
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************** (18.9)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.7)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.4)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.2)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** (50.8)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.1)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.7)

Or:
Ti, Ne, Fi, Ni, Se, Te, Si, Fe.
It suggests INTP.

In summary:

My results were:
Test 1: INTP
Test 2: ENTJ (And it would take a madman wearing a blindfold to call me Extraverted or Judging...)
Test 3: INTP

My functions have been said to be:
Ti, Ne, Ni, Si, Fi, Se, Te, Fe
Ti, Ne, Si, Fi, Ni, Se, Te, Fe
Ti, Ne, Fi, Ni, Se, Te, Si, Fe

Thus, it seems safe to say that I'm an INTP with Ti and Ne first; Ni, Si and Fi as third, fourth and fifth in some order; and Se, Te and Fe as sixth, seventh and eighth.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 8:56 PM
-->
First:Fi,Ne,Ni,Ti,Te,Fe,Si,Se

Second:ESTJ ???

Third:
Sensing (Se) ******* (7.5)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.5)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************************** (51.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
Maybe I am INFP, because I hardly understood a bloody phrase on all of those tests and yet any other test I take I get INTP, the same type as people like Einstein and Darwin. I just don't understand really how I can be the same type as them. But then again I read that Thinker is not to be confused with intelligence.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
1st test:
Te, Fe, Ti, Fi were top 4 and all equal. They suggested I was INTP or INTJ.

2nd test:
Ti/Fe, Te/Fi, Ne/Si
Somehow they thought this meant ESFJ! I think the test is whacked. I assume everyone's noticed that's our shadow type. Maybe there's a glitch in the data processing.
They also suggested ISFJ (ha) or ENTP (hmm).

3rd test:
Fe, Ti, Te, Ne
"Leading function Ne
Auxiliary function Ti"
They reckon this means ENTP. Other possibilities are INTP and ESFJ.

I want to know how they work it out - why did they say the weakest function out of the four I mentioned was dominant? Why not INTP, with Ti/Ne?

Well whatever's going on I seem to use my judging functions a lot, and they seem remarkably balanced. I've heard this is a bad thing - weak preferences suggest weak ability.

hermann morr

Local time
Today 8:56 PM
-->
First test

Ti Fi Ne Ni Si Te Fe Se
Double INTP

Third test

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.1)
unusedintroverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26)
average useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.9)
excellent useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.3)
average useextraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2)
good useintroverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent useextraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11.1)
unusedintroverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.4)
excellent use

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
First: Ti, Ne, Ni, Te, Si, Se, Fi, Fe (INTP)

Second:
Se with Ni: 25
Si with Ne: 34
Ne with Si: 34
Ni with Se: 25
Te with Fi: 31
Ti with Fe: 30
Fe with Ti: 30
Fi with Te: 31

ESTJ, ISTJ, ENFP (whaaa?)

Third:
Se: 21.3
Si: 28.4
Ne: 39.5
Ni: 32.5
Te: 36.6
Ti: 34.5
Fe: 17.3
Fi: 29.3

INTP, ENTP, INTJ

Te>Ti???

I most trust the first one.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
^You've mentioned that your J/P preference isn't strong; this could translate into a stronger Te than usual as INTJs have auxiliary Te not Ti.

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:56 PM
-->
The First test.
Ne Ti Si/Ni Te Se Fe/Fi

INTP/INTP

The Second Test.

Se with Ni 27.7
Si with Ne 39.7
Ne with Si 39.7
Ni with Se 27.7
Te with Fi 26.7
Ti with Fe 25.7
Fe with Ti 25.7
Fi with Te 26.7

ESTJ/ISTJ/ENFP

The Third Test.
Se 22.5
Si 35.5
Ne 43.4
Ni 34.2
Te 27.5
Ti 42.6
Fe 11.2
Fi 22.3

INTP/ENTP/INFP

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
^You've mentioned that your J/P preference isn't strong; this could translate into a stronger Te than usual as INTJs have auxiliary Te not Ti.
True, but I would definitely never have thought my Te is stronger, 'cause my tendency is still to let ideas float around rather than forming convictions. I am good at articulating complex ideas to others though, which I guess is considered a Te thing. *shrug*

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don't think the test is accurate enough to measure fine differences like the one between your Te and Ti, so it probably is just a reflection of your weak P preference rather than a reliable indication that Te is stronger. Anyway you're lucky you can get your ideas out! A lot of us have problems with this.

Red Mage

Local time
Today 1:56 PM
-->
I took the first test many times and have mostly gotten ENTP with an INTP and INFJ once each. My Ne was always the highest by far, while my Ti, Te, and Fi have varied.

I just took the second test and got ESFJ (!?), ISFJ (!?), and ENTP. I was disappointed because it felt like it would be a better indicator than the first test. I had excellent use "Si with Ne" and "Ne with Si," both at 38. Both "Se with Ni" and "Ni with Se" were "poor use" while everything else was "good use." All of that jives well with INTP.

For the third test I got INTP with a possible ENTP or ISTP. My Ti was actually quite a bit higher than Ne in this one. I think I like this test best.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Red,

Pretty much everyone here had a problem with the second test. ESFJ was a common result. Yes, it's unfortunate; I was rooting for it as well.

Local time
-->
ESFJ when you're INTPs...odd. Maybe it does the opposite of your choices? It assumes that you're in your reverse form?

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, we noticed it was the shadow. There may be a glitch in the processing.

Red Mage

Local time
-->
Well, ESFJ has the same main four functions as INTP. And we get excellent scores on "Si with Ne" and "Ne with Si," so the test can't really know which one we prefer more. So the test probably assumes we're the more common type, ESFJ.

meshram.alok

Local time
Tomorrow 12:26 AM
-->
INTP/INTP

ENTJ (?!)

INTP/INFP

Somehow I don't like these tests...

Local time
-->
Cognitive Dynamic Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
Se with Ni ******************** (20)
poor use
Si with Ne ***************************************** (41)
excellent use
Ne with Si ***************************************** (41)
excellent use
Ni with Se ******************** (20)
poor use
Te with Fi ************************* (25)
average use
Ti with Fe ********************************** (34)
good use
Fe with Ti ********************************** (34)
good use
Fi with Te ************************* (25)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJ
The corresponding best-fit cognitive pattern:

If these results don't fit well then consider these types: ISFJ, or ENTP

**These are the results of the first one, I'll do the other two a bit later. I find it interesting that my Ti/Fe and Ne/Si functions were the strongest, which corresponds to the INTP type. Also many of the questions I wasn't 100% sure on, seemed worded kind of strangely, this may have led to the Extroverted assessment.

Red Mage

Local time
-->
@Prof
You seem to match me, and apparently most others here, pretty well. It's strange that INTP wasn't even a suggestion, not even an afterthought, since our results clearly point in that direction. Their formula needs work, but the data itself is invaluable.

Top Bottom