• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Going back to school.

boondockbabe

I am a little cold hearted
Local time
Today 9:38 AM
-->
I'm thinking about getting my GED and going to college. It has always been a dream. I have the time. I feel so stupid- almost everything I know is self-taught. What have you guys done? has anyone gotten a late start?

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Tomorrow 12:38 AM
-->
Just don't get some education that will enable you to produce a specific type of labour that no one has an actual demand for. Knowing the classics won't put food on your table. A major in finance and a minor in mathematics will go a long way. There is a world wide deficit of engineers.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
I have always had a love affair with math. I took algebra II in sixth grade. everything just fell apart when I moved out to the middle of nowhere. Im interested in statistical analisys or mabye engeneering or somthing like that. but not sure where to even start. But I want to have a "serious" education. no fluff

PennyRoyalty

King Of Filth
Local time
Today 10:38 AM
-->
I've tried to climb that mountain.

I fell off, I wish you better luck.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
I am concerned about burn-out. I'm just looking for somthing more fulfilling and mentally engaging than training horses. Horse training just doesnt do it for me anymore. I want to do somthing more challenging and fulfilling.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
One of the most meaningful times of my life was having the freedom to rove and scan these incredible works of art - mainly literature, music, and film - for the first time. When I was eighteen, nineteen, twenty, I would stay up all night, usually with some coffee by my side, and try to soak in all this stuff - the words, the sounds, and the images. It was beautiful and not just an extension of my world at the time, but another world, and in many ways, a superior world.

Sometimes I can get back there when I read or hear something true and real but mostly conventional life acts as an inconvenient buffer to those experiences. In undergraduate university, I always kept a distance from what I perceived as this decaying and stodgy and posturing system, and I went numb when I walked through the halls. I wanted a more extreme form of living - more intellectually intense, more emotionally expansive, something to dismantle my current way of looking at the world.

Universities exist for universities: they, by and large, are not there to disseminate knowledge, stimulate critical thinking, or inform the human condition. The reason universities merely make gradual progress is because doing so neither challenges the status quo nor upsets anyone who would limit interest or funding in the subject. If universities truly cared about instructing and instilling values they would not charge so much and they would take teaching more seriously. Universities are a place where you learn one dimensionally and don't think at all. You don't find many intellectuals in universities, you mostly find indoctrinated and creatively comatose academics. You're not losing much by skipping university and its agenda.

The odds of something wonderful happening within the walls of a university, compared to the walls of your mind...well, it's not much of a comparison.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 7:38 AM
-->
snafu, what you wrote in your second paragraph is exactly what I thought I would get out of going to a university: "a more extreme form of living - more intellectually intense, more emotionally expansive, something to dismantle my current way of looking at the world". To have it coming from an INTP, that it's misconstrued, is kind of a downer.

Okay so we don't go to college for the culture, where do we go? Because honestly, if I could make a living out of intellectual culture rather than credentials, I'd finally be a happy camper.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
If I want an intelligent conversation with someone I can relate to I just come here. I DO NOT expect to be able to relate to most people at a university-I cant relate to most people now. Probably because there are not a whole lot of people out there like us. MY QUESTION IS: what do you guys do? what kind of jobs do you have? what kind of work makes you happy? This is not a phillosiphy{sp} thread, this is a WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO? and HOW DID THINGS WORK FOR YOU? did you go to school- did it work out? I dont know the first thing about universitys. all I know is that this is the first time in my life since I got lost in BFE that I have even been able to think about higher education. I dont even know who to call at a university to get things started. sounds insanely stupid and it is but this is the kind of help I need.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
This is not a phillosiphy{sp} thread, this is a WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO? and HOW DID THINGS WORK FOR YOU? did you go to school- did it work out? I dont know the first thing about universitys.

My recommendation is not to go.

College was six of the worst years of my life (18-21 and 23-26). Although middle and high school were pretty bad as well. In fact, the more I think about it, I think the only periods of my life when I've been remotely happy have been the few years when I wasn't in school of any kind.

College is not about learning, or education, or meeting creative young intellectuals, or life experiences, or any of that bullshit. It's a miserable bureaucracy that pawns dreams to people in exchange for their money. Trust me on this one: they don't give a fuck about you. They need your money to continue to pay tenured professor's their salaries and fund their research programs. There is precisely one reason to go to college: career advancement. Do you have a specific career in mind? If yes, is it one that will require some kind of college credentials? If yes, are the chances of your being able to graduate from that program and get that career with those credentials remotely likely? If you're still answering yes, maybe you should go to college. Otherwise, no.

I would detail my own bad experiences in college as first-hand accounts of why it's probably not in your best interest just to go back for the hell of it, but there have been so many I'm not even sure where to begin. One thing though is that it'll be even worse if you're past the standard 18-23 year age gap when people are expected to "be in college." You'll always be an outsider with the rest of the students, and most professor's will preemptively label you a fuck up for having not already graduated, and expect you to go out of your way to prove them wrong (and you won't just have to do it once, you'll encounter the same thing with every different professor/class/department you encounter - minus the one or two exceptions you may run into). On top of that there's all the usual bullshit with college - it's a giant bureaucracy, being forced to study on someone else's schedule things that may be of no interest to you at the time, the focus on grades over knowledge/skill, professor's who can't teach for shit, and even if they could are more concerned with their conferences and research than with any of your problems, the rampant cheating which (again, as an older outsider excluded from the standard social circles) will skew things to your disadvantage, the complete apathy and condescension of most professors, the retarded students you're forced to work with (who are probably more concerned with the next kegger/football game and banging the hot girl down the hall than anything else), etc.

Ok I'm just going to stop here, but you get the point. I have six years and about 400 credit hours worth of stories about how much college sucks. At this point I honestly consider not dropping out of high school and getting my GED to be one the worst mistakes I've ever made in my entire life. Why would you pay people tens of thousands of dollars to put you through that shit? Whatever it is you're expecting to get out of college, you can almost certainly attain it better by not going.

If you are going to go, I highly recommend community college first, for several reasons: it's cheaper, there's more of a focus on teaching than on research (since they aren't doing any research), you get an associates after two years (in case you don't finish the full four), programs typically have more real-world job placement applicability, and it's easier (i.e. you'll make better grades - you can always study more if you want more of a challenge than the class offers). The disadvantage is that it's a lot more like high school, in particular that the students and teachers (both), as a broad generalization, are noticably less intelligent (some of the teacher's where I went to CC really should have been fired ASAP, although others were better than any of the professors I had at 4-year schools), they usually have funding problems, not as many interesting classes are offered, and you may have to put up with lots of busy work and even more bureaucratic nonsense. Also, if you're going to a four year school afterwards, make sure that classes you take will transfer before you sign up for them. Colleges are horrible about not accepting transfer credits for the dumbest reasons (this is how I ended up with approximately twice the number of credit hours needed to graduate and another three years left on my degree).

Summary: College sucks. Don't do it.

Wow, this sure was long and rambling. Sorry about that.

stomper4x4

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Wow what an amazingly depressing thread this is, and what a bunch of stuck up bull this poor person is being fed.

Boondock, I just turned 40. I am currently on my last year of undergraduate work at a university. I've found it to be amazingly life changing. Unlike the above posters, I have found it very intellectually stimulating and a great opportunity to gain new perspectives on the world, among other things.

There are a few tips I will share.

1) You can't go to Berkeley or any other large major research institution for you undergrad work and expect to get an education. Those kids want the prestige. Find a smaller, more intimate school where you can get to know your profs and work with them on a regular basis. Also profs and these places tend to want to teach, so they care about classroom time. I turned down Berkeley and several other "top" institutions for this reason.

2) You can't sit around waiting for the profs or the system to do it for you. I hate to sound cliche, but you do get out of it what you put into it. Be proactive in every endeavor in life, including your education. By choosing the right schools and picking classes with the right profs, I have never had a prof that didn't love talking about the subject matter, and the world at large.

3) Learn to question everything, even what your profs teach you. Critical thinking starts with the art of questioning. A good student doesn't just show up for class, take notes, memorize, regurgitate on an exam.

I've found my time at the university a profoundly positive experience. I've had many great instructors who have really emphasized the things that a college education is about, which, as pointed out above, is not being a good little robot.

Please don't allow a few stories to dissuade you from making the changes in your life that you want to make. If I listened to all the negative feedback I would have never made the leap I am so grateful I decided to do it. I was like you, sick of the blue collar work that I was doing. I'm not in collage to get into some corporate BS either. I can't see myself filling out a job app. I plan to enrich myself, just because I want to, then go on and make a new niche for myself somewhere in the world, doing something I love. Money doesn't matter to me any more, but enjoying my days does.

Good luck!

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
^ Ok, fair point, obviously not everyone hates college as much as I do. But you (boondock) know yourself better than any of us, so just consider it different perspectives on how you might find the experience to be.

I suppose you could always try it and drop out if it wasn't for you.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Ok. I totally understand the whole not fitting in thing. But I'm an INTP living outside of the city limits of a town with a population of 150 people. EVERYBODY'S a freakin' farmer! and we dont have a gene pool we have a gene puddle. So not fitting in and not being understood and treated like shit is fine. I'm used to it. I'm a horse trainer- who takes a horse trainer seriously? and I'm pretty, Nobody expects, or wants, a smart,pretty girl in the country. They want pretty and stupid. and pregnant. sooo not happening.
And yes I am definately sick and tired of the blue collar bullshit. Money is not everything but it would be nice to not have to worry about putting off the house payment just so I can replace the fuel system on my damn truck.It sucks when you have to have money to fix shit and you cant make any money 'cause your shit is broke. I thought a college education might fix that. Ive been doin it my own way and it's not all it's cracked up to be. I've been training horses since I was fifteen. showing since I was sixteen and I have trained WORLD CHAMPIONS. I still get alot of shit and very little respect. And the funny thing is there is not a guy in a fifty mile radius that can train a horse better than me. Still not making shit. People wont pay the big bucks unless you look the part. I know ALOT of shitty trainers who have beautiful barns. They get $800.00 a month per horse. I beat those people every year but I dont have a big barn so the big money won't look my way. I'm tired and fed up. If people are gonna treat me like shit, fine. But i'ts stupid to keep beating my head against the wall tryin' to make somthing out of nothing.
I guess I should thank you guys, you've convinced me that going to school is what I need to do at this point in my life. There are no mistakes just life lessons. and you never know if you dont try.So I guess I'll give it a try.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 2:38 PM
-->
School can be an ideal place for you if it's populated by the "right kind of people" and if you are assertive enough. Teachers are usually satisfactory, especially in a university. I have spent hours and hours of conversations with my teachers during and after class. (one of most fullfilling moments in my life.) Unless you raise your hand vehemently (every five minutes or so, which is what i do) and ask questions, the class will only cover the "surface" of the subject. Furthermore, an interactive class is more enjoyable and more self-developmental than simple listening. Aside from classes, then it's a matter if joining organizations within school that share your academic interest. If there are no interesting groups, then you'll have to make one via who you know already (teachers, friends). If you have none yet, then publicly advertise it. If there is lack in population, find a better school. It helps to be in one of "top" schools.

It's weird that institutions are being made to facilitate a number of values, considering that values often conflict. The only point of schooling should be "interactive education" but some think that school is where you sit, listen, do labor, test and graduate---hoping that you learned something. Neither interactive nor educational. Some may be happy with that but I really can't see why people can't perform the same thing by studying by themselves. Why does school provide the legitimacy of having knowledge?

I don't know about anyone else but I have made schooling my ideal of it. It just takes intervention, proaction, will, and assertion.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Great now I that I have decided to go back to school. What are some good carrers that are based on math? I love statistics and probabilities. And engineering things. what kinds of jobs are out there? realistically

digital angel

Local time
-->
If I want an intelligent conversation with someone I can relate to I just come here. I DO NOT expect to be able to relate to most people at a university-I cant relate to most people now. Probably because there are not a whole lot of people out there like us. MY QUESTION IS: what do you guys do? what kind of jobs do you have? what kind of work makes you happy? This is not a phillosiphy{sp} thread, this is a WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO? and HOW DID THINGS WORK FOR YOU? did you go to school- did it work out? I dont know the first thing about universitys. all I know is that this is the first time in my life since I got lost in BFE that I have even been able to think about higher education. I dont even know who to call at a university to get things started. sounds insanely stupid and it is but this is the kind of help I need.

I think it's great that you're going back to school. I'm a tax attorney. I really enjoyed academia and would love to teach ( I also enjoy what I do). This could be a whole new world for you and it could be positive. :)

I was probably lost for awhile. This is nothing new for INTPs, along with not receiving the support we need. Discover what interests you and take it from there. Perhaps you'll meet a professor with a shared interest that will be a mentor.

I recommend that you take it one step at a time. You'll find your niche.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
thanks guys I really appreciate all the info since the probability is high that I will experience all of theese emotions and issues when I get there.
and the reason I asked what you do and why you like it is so I could research what you do and see if it was somthing mabyye I would like to do. I never thought of tax attorney-that will be somthing fun and new to check out. see while I'm getting my GED I want to start looking at what I want to do when I get out and I am soo removed from civilization that I just cant get any exposure out here except the web. and you can't find somthing when you don't know what it is you're looking for.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
Go back to school for yourself, not for the degree and you will find you have a much better time.

Jackooboy

Local time
-->
What are your goals of becoming educated? Do you want a job when you get out? If you do, then commit yourself to something in which you can get a specific job like nursing, accounting, engineering, being a doctor, etc. AVOID LIBERAL ARTS.

It's never too late. I'm 26 and still in school and will be for another 4 years... :)

I know a guy in the Air Force who got out after his 20 years and went to med school @ the age of 40 and became a surgeon. It's all mental... You can do anything you train to do and have the willpower to put your mind to.

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 5:38 PM
-->
Berkeley kids only want prestige, whatttttt?
I think not, my friend.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
nursing and medicine are out- I dont like people enough.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
anybody know what it takes to get a job with the corp of engineers?

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Great Idea. Thanks I'll do that tomorrow:)

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
You'll probably need to pass the FE (fundamentals of engineering exam), which requires a bachelor's degree* from an accredited program from a recognized four-year school. Strangely enough you can get a bachelors in something else, then get a master's and PhD in an engineering, and they still won't let you take the exam.

Of course you can get hired for engineering jobs without an FE certification, but I figure the army probably follows the bureaucratic approach.

*you can actually take the exam before you graduate though.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
so Would my local state school be considered accredited? Missouri State University. How do I find out who is accredited?

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The Army Corps of Engineers is a huge bureaucracy. Not sure it's a sure thing for an INTP personality.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Ya know I was thinking about that. I'm kinda leery of anything that starts with "army" How am I ever gonna find a carrer that will work for my personality type? What kinds of jobs are there for smart people who don't like interacting face-to-face with people?

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
My therapist is gonna help me get started on going back to school. I can't believe it
I ACTUALLY GET TO GO TO COLLEGE:cheerleaderkitties:

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
animal-house-posters%5B1%5D.jpg

More seriously...

so Would my local state school be considered accredited? Missouri State University. How do I find out who is accredited?

I expect most (if not all) the big state school's engineering programs are ABET-accredited. Most all school's engineering programs for that matter. It would be kind of a shitty engineering program if you couldn't even take the FE afterwards.

Personally I'd be (well, I am) more interested in computer stuff myself (programming, web development, etc.). Plenty of employment opportunity, chances to break in without a degree, decent pay if you're good, jobs would seem to value skill over superficial credentials, opportunities for self-employment, good carry-over to other fields, etc. It's amazing how much you can do with a little knowledge of Javascript, PHP and databasing systems. Just one more thing to consider.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Thanks I will. I was already gonna add a bunch of programming. I'm always thinking about how much easier life would be if I knew how to program.

digital angel

Local time
-->
Fabulous! Check in with the university about its accreditation. It's probably not an issue.

By the way, when you meet with an engineer or two...remember to ask them who else you should talk to. Then, follow up on that. Dont' forget to keep in touch with these people, every now and then.

Zensunni

Raro recte, numquam incerte
Local time
-->
For math, if you would like to be outside, you can think about a surveyor career. They get paid good money and there are always openings.

As to the comments about going to college, I have a different take. As an INTP, college was the most enjoyable time I have had in my life. I went as an older student and I identified with the professors more than my fellow students. By my Sophomore year, I was eating lunch with professors in the faculty cafeteria. I was a political science student but went on a joint retreat with the Math department in my freshman year and became friends with some of the faculty. By the end of my senior year I was having lunches with the Political Theory professor, two math professors, a physics professor and a football coach. It was more fun than I can adequately describe on this site. If you love meeting people who know a lot about a given subject, the reason why people join MENSA for instance, you will most likely enjoy college if you get to know your professors.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
does anybody know anything about Bioinformatics ? or how about Data Mining? I love the math and these fields look really interesting. Id anybody working in these fields right now? If so how do you like it?

and thank you Zensunni, I have been thinking about contacting mensa and mabye taknig the official test. If I can pass their online test with no prep and get a 134 which is just outside of their range I could probably prepare and bump it up to the cutoff.- somthing I've been considering since I want to go back to school

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:38 AM
-->
As I mentioned many times on the forum, only now am I about to pursue stuff that I've always loved or wanted to do since a young age.

I just have to get past the stupid guidance counselor "obstacle". Those people don't know anything, and have the most useless insight ever. I have had the most unintelligent conversations with them, and walked out with a massive headache.

I'm looking forward to majoring in aerospace engineering, the field of my dreams.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
My therapist is gonna help me get started on going back to school. I can't believe it
I ACTUALLY GET TO GO TO COLLEGE:cheerleaderkitties:

This made me soooo happy when I read this.

Architectonic

Local time
Tomorrow 1:08 AM
-->
does anybody know anything about Bioinformatics? or how about Data Mining? I love the math and these fields look really interesting. Is anybody working in these fields right now? If so how do you like it?

Firstly, I'd like to iterate the point that the college learning experience is often different for a mature age student compared to entry soon after school, generally in a good way. the main difference is of course maturity and self motivation. If all you want is a piece of paper, then chances are that is all you'll get. So it's obviously about motivation. Secondly, although many fields have interesting niches, but that doesn't mean that all classes are interesting, or will be taught well. But the fact is there are professors that are more than willing to give additional background or talk about topics in their field other than that which they are giving a class on. If you are not talking to people and potentially making contacts, you are not fully utilising your university opportunities. Hell, its even possible for motivated undergraduate students to assist in peer reviewed research.

If you like biology math and programming you could find a suitable niche in bioinformatics. But the point is you don't need to choose a major right now. In fact you don't really have to choose until you decide to graduate, time and funds not withstanding.

In terms of a scientific career though, your options will be diminished unless you decide to pursue a PhD.

If you like applied math and want job security, then engineering is a good choice. I wouldn't recommend the military though unless that kind of environment appeals to you... ;)

That is not to say it is the only choice, but regardless of the field you ultimately choose, make sure you gravitate to a suitable niche based on your skills and interests.

I have been thinking about contacting Mensa and maybe taking the official test. If I can pass their online test with no prep and get a 134 which is just outside of their range I could probably prepare and bump it up to the cut-off. Something I've been considering since I decided to go back to school

It's not actually the IQ number that Mensa cares about, but the percentile (>98. A sufficient score on a Mensa certified test could boost your self esteem, but that is not really relevant to this thread.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
I went down on friday and took my GED prep test at the college. They offer free online ged courses. But you have to take a pre-test to see what you need to be working on.

Yesterday I got a call from a lady who works for the college. Apperantly, OTC has a special GED course that is designed to help you not only pass but improve your possible score. This is really important because a score over 2900 will get you extra scholoships. The class only has room for ten people. She called me because my pre-test scores were really high and she wanted to let me know that I had qualified for this special course :D

The course is free and they will supply everyting I need. It is four days in june. I told her to sign me up. Sooooo Coool !!

I am on my way:D

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm happy for you, things are still on hold for me though.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
I have been gone for a while, sorry. Don't worry xbox, It will all work out and one day you will be happy.
I took my placement test on friday and I scored high enough that I get to go straight to college level algebra and Eng comp. yay :)

Here is a list of my fall classes:

CIS-101-Personal computer applications
ENG-101- Composition I
MTH-050-Algebra I
HST-130-American History
CIS-120- Problem Solving and Programming Concepts

All of these classes are going to be mostly review for me, with the exception of the programming class.
I want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I go on to more advanced things.
I already Qualified for my Pell-Grant and I am waiting for a response on the scholorships.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
Unless you just want to take the classes, you can probably take the CLEP tests for the middle three and test out of them. You can probably do this even in the early weeks of the class and they'll drop you w/ a full or partial refund (I managed to meet my sociology requirement w/ a CLEP test while already being in the actual class as a back up). Might want to check with the school beforehand just to make sure you'll get credit for them. I think it's about $75 a test, but still cheaper than the class, and much less time-consuming.

Disadvantage is that you'll probably just get a flat "PASS" instead of a grade, so you can't use the easy classes to boost up your GPA before harder ones. Assuming you actually care in the least what your GPA is.

Local time
-->
I have been gone for a while, sorry. Don't worry xbox, It will all work out and one day you will be happy.
I took my placement test on friday and I scored high enough that I get to go straight to college level algebra and Eng comp. yay :)

Here is a list of my fall classes:

CIS-101-Personal computer applications
ENG-101- Composition I
MTH-050-Algebra I
HST-130-American History
CIS-120- Problem Solving and Programming Concepts

All of these classes are going to be mostly review for me, with the exception of the programming class.
I want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I go on to more advanced things.
I already Qualified for my Pell-Grant and I am waiting for a response on the scholorships.

Congratulations!

I know a little about Bioinformatics (researcher in Molecular Biology for a long time) and slightly less about Data Mining.

The first is a pretty specific career and would probably need a double major in biology (with an emphasis on molecular stuff which is what a lot of Bioinformatics systematizes) and computing just to start, and then probably a masters on top of that. From what I know about it, it is generally a pretty 'academic' track career. Frankly unless you get really attracted to academia I wouldn't get too focused on it. You can PM me if you want more specifics, and sites you can investigate.)

Data mining is a much broader subject (and really Bioinformatics is a sub class of data mining). Essentially it asks the question, 'When I have a million pieces of data, how I do find which ones are actually significantly related to each other.' One specific way of doing this for example is Principle Component Analysis. If you look that up and can actually understand what it says then you're way way smarter than I am! :confused::p .

Don't worry though, not all data mining is that math heavy though, especially if you don't do the programming of the mathematical functions, but just use them (which I did a little of as a research scientist).

It's all related to information technology in general. Since I started college in 1992 I'm not sure what majors there are in that field these days, but anything related to computers and databases will stand you in good stead. You'll need a fair bit of math too depending on what part of data mining/IT you go into. I would certainly think that any degree heavy on the IT/computing side is going to be as good a bet as any for being 'saleable' in the marketplace.

As to college - after years of social exclusion in High School, I loved it. Socially, it WILL be different for you since you're a little older, but if you enjoy learning stuff (and putting your mind to use) you should enjoy it. I would say that choosing the right college is important. Visit and talk to (several) students and see what they're trying to get out of it. If their goals are all significantly different from yours (and even the professors goals for their students) then it might not be the right school. I went to a very engineering/science heavy school (80% of majors maybe?) which was great for me. If I'd gone to a liberal arts/party school I would have hated it. You know yourself - pick somewhere you think you'll be comfortable.

Anyway congratulations and good luck. I'm currently trying to figure out where my life is going (age 38) and it's DIFFICULT to change careers, let alone trying to go back to college! Anyway, I admire you for trying.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
I am so sorry It has taken me so long to get back to this thread.
Hermetic Alchemist- Thank You so much for the information, I am seriously going to do some more looking into Bioinformatics, I know it's a lot of work, But it is just so damn interesting :)
----------

In other news, I took my GED qualifying test today, I needed a score of at least 2250 to qualify to go take my GED. I got a 3400. I am sending my application off today :)

Top Bottom