• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Recent Forum Outrage

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 12:58 PM
-->
I've been accessing intpforum.com for a few days now and just find a blank page with the words "This Account has been suspended".

I've checked the Bans threads and my private messages but didn't find any issues on them.

Checked the other sites that I frequently visit and find that they're all up so it's not my Internet provider.

Malware detector and Antivirus software haven't given me warnings either.

Forum dates show that there's a dearth of posting between Oct 9 and Oct 13, 2013 so there's an anomaly right there but I don't know what to make of it.

TLDR: What happened to the site? Am I the only one that experienced the suspension?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 3:58 PM
-->
Re: Account has been suspended?

Forum went down.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
-->

My guess was either a bill wasn't paid or our site exceeded its bandwidth.

It's happened occasionally in the past.

The "suspended account" refers to INTPf, not to a particular member.

EDIT: Now is the time to take over all the forum threads, before anyone else comes back. BWA HA HA! BWA HA HA! BWA HA HA!

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
-->

EDIT: Now is the time to take over all the forum threads, before anyone else comes back. BWA HA HA! BWA HA HA! BWA HA HA!

Act swiftly.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 9:58 PM
-->

Yeah, the forum was down for a little while and as Madam Wocky states no one was banned. The suspended message is referring to the forum as a whole. Everything should be back to normal now.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

What would be cool is if there was a point of contact with info outside the forum that people could check / check with, in case something happens again. I guess there is no real information conduit in place. I had a few people track me down and query me, but I really didn't know what it was except for probably what I said above.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

What would be cool is if there was a point of contact with info outside the forum that people could check / check with, in case something happens again. I guess there is no real information conduit in place. I had a few people track me down and query me, but I really didn't know what it was except for probably what I said above.

Oh yeah, well there are chats and stuff outside of the forum but you can't find the info for those if you haven't already as the information is on the forum :D

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:58 PM
-->

YESSS!!!!!!! PRODUCTIVITY RATE DECREASING ALREADY!!!!!

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

YESSS!!!!!!! PRODUCTIVITY RATE DECREASING ALREADY!!!!!

I was just thinking, with the term coming to the end this was the perfect time for.... oh it's back up.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Oh yeah, well there are chats and stuff outside of the forum but you can't find the info for those if you haven't already as the information is on the forum :D

"Hey, can you guys bring the forum up for two minutes so I can get the information I need for when the forum is down? K thnx." :D

Dr. Freeman

Local time
-->

It might be slightly more efficient if they put the info on the HORRIBLY UNINFORMATIVE "Account Suspended" page.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
-->

Congrats forum! We have collectively emerged from our temp ban.

:borg:

Let us remember the suffering of the banned now that we have experienced their torment, if only for a brief spell. :)

It might be slightly more efficient if they put the info on the HORRIBLY UNINFORMATIVE "Account Suspended" page.

Uh...you think the web host will do it?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

I will go with what jennywocky said. We could use a contact outside the INTPf that we could use in case something catastrophic happened. My understanding is this site is not for free and bills have to be paid. Does one person or multiple persons do this so there is backup? Also is a server for the database privately owned or is it vBulletin?

This site must have hundreds of thousands of messages all involving real people and we wouldn't want to disappoint them or any future researchers.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:28 PM
-->

I missed you guys.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

I found this whilst away: http://forums.intpcentral.com/archive/index.php/t-45492.html

Thought I could have been banned for being weird or something, but couldn't recall doing anything too questionable... So yeah, a relatively normal thing that happens to forums; you should have seen a forum go down for a few days at least once if you've posted on some before.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:28 PM
-->

Lol@Lobstrich. That guy couldn't go anywhere without picking up fights.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 5:58 AM
-->

i was so angry at first

THEY BANNED ME FOR FUCKING WOT

i said

then carry cola and time asylums said it was the same for them so probably just site down

it was a blast

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->

you're actually banned, this thread is just a dream

I mean, despite that if one looks around and thinks about it, the screen welcoming oneself when attempting to access intpforum.com would not have been what one would see if one were banned, the only remaining likely occurrence being the host having suspended the forum.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I wish I had caramel soaked in dark chocolate

Local time
Today 4:58 AM
-->

I've been banned from so many other forums -its because of the INTP in me thinking outside the box all the time I lie not- that in those first moments of viewing the "account suspended" page I thought I had finally been banned from INTP forum for the content of at least one of my posts. Then, it dawned on me that it was the account for the entire forum...:elephant:

Based on precedent, even INTPs will likely tire of my thinking outside the box in the future at some point and I will be banned from even here most likely.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->

The forum's account was suspended by the hosting company due to an unpaid bill.

The forum owner is distant and generally hands off, so the rest of admins can't always tell you what's going on with the forum, and these things can drag on for a while.

As older members and the archives can testify, not the first time this has happened, and probably not the last.

If anyone was banned, you would still be able to access the forum while logged out and the ban message itself would still be on the usual forum style/skin, so keep that in mind for the future.

There is a irc channel from ages past on irc.ecnet.org, its name is #intpforum.com. We have sticked threads about this in the Lounge. Kuu and I can typically be quickly reached over there for questions (my nick is usually Belph or some variation of thereof). You can use the online client Mibbit to quickly access it.

ps. next time let us make a proper announcement before asking questions so these explanations can be more easily found.

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->
Re: Recent forum outage - "Account Suspended"

You're IJ, not INTP, Gregory.

But, pre-emptive sowing of a field of ego-boosting that may be harvested upon being banned is a great idea.

Me as well. If I get banned from here's it's because you all can't handle how outside the friggin box I am. I don't give a shit about the box and eventually I will just roll out of it and then everyone will see the true outside of the box, but of course will be so scared that they will ban me, like jesus was banned from life by his fellow people.

#basedrebelmartyr signing out.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Me as well. If I get banned from here's it's because you all can't handle how outside the friggin box I am. I don't give a shit about the box and eventually I will just roll out of it and then everyone will see the true outside of the box, but of course will be so scared that they will ban me, like jesus was banned from life by his fellow people.

#tybg, I think I know who's next on your "roast" list :P :P :P

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->

Of course the forum had to go down when I was home sick from school. I had to lurk on INTJf instead. I guess now we can all boast about our low number of posts per day (assuming that such a thing is boast-worthy in the first place).

SW

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
-->

I love that we all assumed we had been banned for being assholes.
I had two hypotheses for reasons I may have been tempbanned and came up with defensive flowcharts for both in the minutes before I realized it was the forum and not me...INTParanoid.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I love that we all assumed we had been banned for being assholes.
I had two hypotheses for reasons I may have been tempbanned and came up with defensive flowcharts for both in the minutes before I realized it was the forum and not me...INTParanoid.

I missed this place.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

I even ran from a proxy web browser to see if they blocked the site from my IP address.

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
-->

Thought I was banned for my last post being too depressive and derailing the thread. I also ran several proxies to get pass any ip ban, was impressed by how even proxies couldn't work around the ban.

Dr. Freeman

Local time
-->

Congrats forum! We have collectively emerged from our temp ban.

:borg:

Let us remember the suffering of the banned now that we have experienced their torment, if only for a brief spell. :)

Uh...you think the web host will do it?

My comment was more in the vein of the one above it. (Not completely serious.)

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 5:58 PM
-->

Meh.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->

I refuse to believe the bandwidth lie, it was Just George who hacked the forum because he wanted to sell elevators

Local time
-->

You're IJ, not INTP, Gregory.

But, pre-emptive sowing of a field of ego-boosting that may be harvested upon being banned is a great idea.

Epic. 50K thumbs up! (I'm INTP when I am not under stress. Like the hulk I morph into an INTJ when external conditions preclude remaining me)

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->

You can't temporarily change into a goddamn INTJ, when under stress you should fall into inferior grips and overuse your tertiary! As an INTP that means becoming awkwardly emotional and outgoing and/or engaging in paranoid ruminations or something ffs!!

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

I refuse to believe the bandwidth lie, it was Just George who hacked the forum because he wanted to sell elevators

You're one those weird people who are skeptical of coincidence aren't you? ;)

not

Local time
-->

My first thought was not that 'I' was suspended, but that the mega super powerful uber-elite squad had finally found out where all the ground breaking information was hidden in plain sight and torpedoed the site so that we could not 'ban' together and become smart. - I was bummed out that I would once again have to face the plain vanilla world alone.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

I checked and it wasn't him, but I must admit I thought something along those lines...

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->

Epic. 50K thumbs up! (I'm INTP when I am not under stress. Like the hulk I morph into an INTJ when external conditions preclude remaining me)

1363998658215.gif

Good luck with the stress.

Some have more extreme and sometimes non-ordinary stress-reactions than others in regards to the suppression of cognitive states, yielding differing cognitive setups than would be normal, so I wouldn't take "first Ti disappears, then... and so forth" as everyperson-applicable. There can be differing neurological circumstance.

Anyhow. May your attempts at parrying and counterattacking it be fruitful :3
PDwyT.gif

Stress is asking for it. Friggin stress. Omg thinking about stress is making me stressed right now. So mad at stress for me being stressed when being mad at stress.

sggroup1.gif
sprinklin' it

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->

The forum owner is distant and generally hands off, so the rest of admins can't always tell you what's going on with the forum, and these things can drag on for a while.

As older members and the archives can testify, not the first time this has happened, and probably not the last.

If anyone was banned, you would still be able to access the forum while logged out and the ban message itself would still be on the usual forum style/skin, so keep that in mind for the future.

There is a irc channel from ages past on irc.ecnet.org, its name is #intpforum.com. We have sticked threads about this in the Lounge. Kuu and I can typically be quickly reached over there for questions (my nick is usually Belph or some variation of thereof). You can use the online client Mibbit to quickly access it.

ps. next time let us make a proper announcement before asking questions so these explanations can be more easily found.

I was going to say this exactly, considering there were people asking about external site for communication if intpf goes down.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

A Highway to Heaven?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

I did not see an #intpforum.com channel on EcNet using Mibbit at this moment. Does it still exist?

http://search.mibbit.com/channels/ECNet/1

It might be a private channel, but it does exist.

If you're already connected to ECNet, you just need to type, "/join #intpforum.com" in the IRC client window.

Although I use NNScript, this will work in standard mIRC and has worked on any other mIRC script that I've used.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
Re: Recent forum outrage - "Account Suspended"

And here's a how-not-to guide courtesy of our resident jester Cog:

[bimgx=700]https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/0/AACn9BmIQUROgFe9UxPQhQthg8CgIAsiJVP98pK96j6NQw/12/15201559/png/1024x768/3/1381734000/0/2/Photo%20Oct%2014%2C%200%2003%2025.png/OewYK0ZIMi6q9muX7lg5pU1WhnC7_7JpDmWWXNWc7V8[/bimgx]

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Eureka. It worked.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->

It took me a time to pay the hosting fees; but URLJet is a good dog.

Hope there was no inconvenience.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

Who is the sneaky mod that changed the word, 'outage' to, 'outrage'?

I'm onto you :beatyou:

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Who is the sneaky mod that changed the word, 'outage' to, 'outrage'?

I'm onto you :beatyou:

let's say it was Ragnar and burn him at the stake! BURN THE WITCH

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

Ah, thanks for the comprehensive explanation. Honestly though the "Account is Suspended" heading is a bit vague and could really mean anything.

Top Bottom