• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

About you?

thoumyvision

Mauveshirt
Local time
Today 3:30 AM
-->
What is your name?

Marcus

Where are you from?

Saint Louis, MO, USA

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?

I know I took a test in HS, however I don't remember what the result was other than that I pegged 100% "P". A couple years ago MBTI theory started to tickle my fancy and I started to read. I used to think I might be ISTP, but it was a lack of understanding the difference between "S" and "N"; I am an INTP.

How did you find out about this forum?

A link from Typelogic.com

Do you have a partner/lover?

Not at the moment, just broke up with an ENFJ. Too little free time and conversation which always revolved around relationships was just too draining.

Do you have any kids?

No

Do you have any pets?

Not at the moment

Hardest thing about being INTP

Dealing with the SJ work ethic that every moment of a work day must be taken up by productive pursuits. Fortunately, my current job is pretty relaxed; as long as I meet my goals and respond to incidents in a timely fashion my day is my own. It's a breath of fresh air compared to when I was in the military.

rm9402

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:30 AM
-->
What is your name?

My name is Rance.
Where are you from?

I'm from Georgia

How old are you?

I am 16 years old

What's your gender?

Male

Well in school I took a test and it said i was an INTP but i brushed it off and just recently
I took a similar test (on my own time) and it said I was an INTP with a very accurate description

The power of Google

Not right now

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

Yup, I have two cats and two dogs.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:30 PM
-->
I never had an introduction thread here...so I'll do this one.

What is your name?

Leslie

Where are you from?

Florida

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

Long story. Was always the weird one, failed from college after parents picked major for me (it was microbiology, I hated it, never went to class or read up on anything), before I had failed, I attempted to change it but it was met with a lot of resistance, tried hard to recover from it, was pushed into Med school, hated it there and finally got the guts and withdrew, never had a chance to explore childhood dreams of engineering/designing. Was made to feel very stupid by family members, and I actually believed it for awhile. Always was questioned/mocked for being introverted, disorganized, and for always "looking lost". Later on, I knew I wasn't stupid, so I googled personality test a few months ago and came across MBTI. Kept getting INTJ, but was doubtful. So researched INTJ and INTP and realized the test questions were too vague, and that I really was INTP. Only now am I pursuing engineering, and am very happy.

I googled the difference between INTJ and INTP. Lurked on an INTJ forum for awhile too. Last time I was there was when I saw someone post about "I am so organized, even my to-do lists have to-do lists!!"

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Fish tank, rabbit.

Which hobbies absorb you the most?

Listening to music (alt.rock/doom/heavy/death metal), painting, taekwondo, being a political/history junkie, road trips.

How do you generate an income?

Part-time work, still a student.

Hardest thing about being INTP?

People thinking that I have serious issues for the way I am/have been throughout my childhood and now. Been called so many things as intense, ice-cold, stupid, intimidating, lost, and even weak because I'm not outgoing.

addiboy

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:30 PM
-->
What is your name?

Addisyn

Where are you from?

Australia

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Heard about MBTI testing from various friends and websites, and tested as an INTP online, but I knew without a doubt that I'm INTP to the core from the first sentence of the description.

Google, for it knows all.

No. I'm trying to court an INTJ at the moment, though. =/

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Dog, Cat, Rat.

My country's generous student allowance, predominately. I also tutor privately.

The stark contrast between my vast conceptual understanding of a thing and my lack of desire to physically interact with it.

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Francis

Where are you from?

Upstate NY

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

When I was 15, my science teacher, someone I came to trust abruptly through our shared consuming interests, replied to a question of mine I have since forgotten with a stern and honest assertion:

"I don't think you have any friends, and you don't seem to care. You could if you wanted to." (I'm paraphrasing, of course. High school was more than a lifetime ago, and I was not exactly famous for being gentle with my brain back then.)

In those days, I essentially had my predilection for independent learning cemented in my limited{and fragmented} identity as matter of course. What escaped me like a maverick ewe until a few years later was the slightest inkling that other people were real and had thoughts and feelings of their own.
WHAT AN INNER COUP I WAS IN FOR!
~~~~~~I started seeing a counselor at the request of 'concerned parties.'
Her name was Claudette, and she was the most genuine, unassuming saintly character.

She listened to me. She became my only source for the sort of constructive criticism, encouragement and praise I could choose to believe.

......So, yeah. She conscientiously ascertained my MBTI.

Google Reader. I searched blogs tagged with 'Positive Disintegration', and after a clickstorm, came across this.

No. But I have recently become fascinated with love.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Two cats and a dog.

I used to be a deli clerk, but the monotony was crippling me.

Desperately wanting to get to know and understand different types of people and usually alienating them with my apparent disinterest in ascribed social roles and rituals. That is, if I even remember to introduce myself before spouting island-hopping tirades.

Howitzer

Local time
Today 8:30 AM
-->
Where are you from?

New Zealand

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Took some test a few separate occasions, someone linked me originally to find my type. Did another but it consistently gave a different answer, but the description wasn't much like me.

Assumed it existed somewhere and googled.

Lol no.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Not that I look after.

I still haven't got around to getting a job.

Minamimoto

Grim Heaper
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Brendan. Nice to meet ya'. ^^
Where are you from?

Manassas, VA; United states.

How old are you?

I'm 16 years old.

What's your gender?
Male.

I was first introduced to typology through SIGNET, an interesting program offered in some schools intended to support personal growth outside the school curriculum. It's supposedly one of the many 'gifted' programs out there, though it's restricted to people the organization sees the 'appropriate qualities' in early in their educational career. One of our sessions included taking a Jung typology test and discussing the many aspects of the study.

I didn't take the time to explore typology much deeper until early on this year; about two years after my initial introduction to typology. I met an awesome INTJ in a forum and had an interesting discussion on statistical data of personality types, which inspired me to do some independent research. One of the sites I found suggested this forum as a place to interact with other INTPs, so I thought I'd check it out. 8)

A difficult question at this point in time. I'm inclined to say no.

Do you have any kids?
Thankfully not. I consider myself both too young and too inadequately prepared for raising children at this point in time. :p

Do you have any pets?
Yes; a dog named Keiran. He's 3 years of age, and I haven't the slightest idea what breed he is.

I've been loitering about here from time to time, but I haven't really made any meaningful posts. I find a lot of interesting discussions, but I feel much too ignorant to contribute to most of them. XD I'm not used to being around people so intelligent. ._. I'm used to walking about analyzing what I call the shallow mainstream culture of today's American teens.

digital angel

Local time
-->
What is your name?

I''d like to stick with my forum name, Digital Angel.

Where are you from?

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest (United States).

How old are you?

I'm 36.

What's your gender?

Female

I discovered my type about two years ago.

It was fortuitous.

I'm happily single.

Do you have any kids?

I have a daughter.

Do you have any pets?

No.

zycia

zycia
Local time
-->
What is your name?

I prefer my screen name Zycia.

Where are you from?

Asia

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female.

I took Similar Minds website's MBTI test. Later I confirmed it on mypersonality.info. Sadly result was always the same...INTP...no matter how hard I tried...:rip:

Last edited:

slyspy

hbp
Local time
-->
I decided to answer these questions on this post instead of making a new thread. It seems to me to be easier and will garner the least amount of attention.

-What is your name?

Cassie

-Where are you from?

Illinois, US

-How old are you?

-What's your gender?

Female

-How did you find out that you were INTP, other type?

I took the test first that classified me as an INTP then I looked at the descriptions. It was definitely the best fit for me and I have always tested INTP except on the really crappy tests where they ask stupid questions like how big is your forehead?

-How did you find out about this forum?

I don't remember it's been a while. I'm sure I saw it mentioned on some site or another but it's been about two years that I have been a member. I have kind of been stalking on and off for a while before I started to post.

-Do you have a partner/lover?

Hard question. I have a 'boyfriend' right now who I am not a big fan of. I probably should never have started going out with him but I was curious. I haven't had many relationships of that kind in the past and figured it would be fun to experiment. Though, I guess I picked the wrong guy to do that with. He's never had a girlfriend before and seems to be very new at everything. I don't know what exactly to do with that but I'm taking it one step at a time. I'm worried though that he will become too attached because I know that this relationship will not last long. I don't know. Right now I feel like I'm using him but I don't want to let him go and feel like I made a mistake. I always regret everything I do later on. I hate that.

-Do you have any kids?

No. I'm not planning on it in the future either.

-Do you have any pets?

No. My cat died last year in February. I want another one really bad but my parents won't let me get one, unfortunately.

-How do you generate an income?

I don't. I live off my parents. Though I was supposed to get a job this summer, my brother got sick and was unable to look after himself. So that is my job for the summer. I probably will have one in the fall. *crosses fingers*

-Hardest thing about being an INTP?

I don't know if other INTP's have this problem or not so I'm putting a disclaimer here but I have a hard time communicating to other people how I feel. I tend to have a 'i could care less' type of attitude when it comes to other people and how they feel about me. I try hard to make sure that I'm communicating to other people how I feel about them but sometimes I think I come off in the wrong way. I wish this was not the case. I have a hard time with relationships in general. I tend to just want to shut out the world, crawl in a hole, and not speak to anyone for days and weeks on end. A lot of people have a hard time understanding that and it really hurts them. I wish I was able to show them how much I care about them and how much they mean to me but I know that I can only do it to an extent. The more people get to know me the easier it is for them to understand that I don't do it to hurt them. I have procrastination issues too but it tends to not get in the way too much and I don't really worry about it. I get by. All in all, being me has been an adventure in trying to understand who I am and the world I live in. It's been mostly good.

Kate

Novice
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Kate, but I'm sure you already knew that due to my lack of creativity.

Where are you from?

NY

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

I first stumbled upon the test back when MySpace was extremely popular, that was about 2.5 years ago.

Google

Yeah. But we are one of those completely mismatched couples that are doomed its just a matter of when (ISFJ with ADHD). Despite this I'm still kind of sad that I know its going to end up like that.

Do you have any kids?

No, and I'm not so sure I want to ever have any.

Do you have any pets?

Yes I have a cat named Optimus Prime.

I don't currently. I had a job but I got laid off since the portion of the company I worked for shut down. So now I'm just a full time college student.

Hardest thing about being an INTP?

Making friends. I have yet to make a friend at college, I barely even know my roommates. I live in my head a little too much so people perceive me as being angry or sad all the time and I think that is the biggest thing that works against me.

Local time
-->
What is your name?

I can't think of anything witty, so Andrew will do.

Where are you from?

New York City

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I took a test when I was 13, but I never took it seriously, and didn't bother to see what it meant. Later, I took the test again, and decided to check it out.

Oddly enough, from simply typing INTPforum.com into my browser. I had no idea even anything would be on the other side.

Nope, not anymore.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

I have four cats.

Reading TVtropes, Watching Movies, Listening to music,

Not being able to externalize anything. I have a hard time getting to know people, and asking people out. Once I know people, I'm fine, but I can't muster up enough Extroversion to start it up. Also, I have problems with desicions and remembering details, from my N and P.

Seally

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:30 PM
-->
What is your name?

(Exaggeration warning)
Should I post such a thing? The Internet's a pretty 'dangerous' place. And think of the privacy issues!
(End warning)

Where are you from?

Thailand.

How old are you?

17 and counting.

What's your gender?

Biologically male.

A teacher of mine had my class do a short Internet-based test as 'homework'. My results came out as INTJ. I didn't go back to this until a few years later, when a random thought sparked me to search for a more detailed description.

After searching around, the INTP description fit me best. But I could be another type. INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, ENTP are all possible candidates, and the list goes on. I don't particularly care.

I was searching for a detailed description of INTP. One of the sites (don't recall which) had a link to this site, so I came for a look. The topics here were interesting enough, so I joined.

Although I plan to remain alone for my entire life, I just might adopt a child. Other than that, I don't think the chances anyone will be interested in me to 'intimacy' degree are very high. But if you ask 'currently', then absolutely not.

Do you have any kids?

A two-letter word that indicates a negative response would sum up that question nicely.

Do you have any pets?

Go up two non-empty 'paragraphs', not counting this one, and read.

musing

INTP
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Jack.

Where are you from?

Central Indiana, United States.

How old are you?

No comment.

What's your gender?

Male.

A friend was listening to the radio and heard of it. Consequently, I took the test at humanmetrics, then Keirsey, then MyPersonality.info, and my results were always INTP. After much analyzing, I determined this to be correct.

I discovered the INTP Forum through the Keirsey website's INTP profile page.

No.

Do you have any kids?

I thank God daily that I do not.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, four dogs - three Boston terriers and one old mutt I sincerely wish would die.

Among the most prominent stand writing (poems, novels, songs, etc.), computer programming and systems design, playing guitar and piano, researching tirelessly without considering time constraints or action surrounding me in this mundane world in which we live, and reading history (especially with regard to classical, British, and American history - though Eastern Europe is nearly as fascinating), philosophical, and suspense/fantasy books.

Cerul

Local time
Today 4:30 PM
-->
What is your name?
Kai

Where are you from?

Perth, Australia

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I took a test a few years ago. Took them again recently and got INTP most often (got INTJ, ISTJ in some tho).

Google

Never

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

Nope

Work in a warehouse. Have more days off than on.

Being different

wuthering

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:30 AM
-->
What is your name?

Heidi, but I am commonly referred to as some variation on that, such as Hidester or Heidi-HO.

Where are you from?

Los Angeles, Californa. Lovely place.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female.

I took a personality test at school for career counseling, found out that I was an INTP, and then Wikipedia'd extensively.

Googled "INTP forum" and this popped up about ten minutes ago.

Naw.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

Two cats, Zelda and Taco Bell Supreme, and one dog, Laila. I very, very much want a python though.

What is the most difficult part of being an INTP?

Hmmm. I feel like my difficulty with working with others in general. And the fact that people have a hard time understanding that i want to be left alone most of the time.

argyleprawnhand

Three kinds of crazy.
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Carmelo

Where are you from?

Minnesota

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I've taken numerous tests over the past year.

Google

Yeah.

Do you have any kids?

No, and never.

Do you have any pets?

No

I work for a very large corporation doing electro-mechanical assembly.

Floating through life without a sense of purpose and constantly trying to understand everything.

zerocrossing

Right Brain Geek
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Cindy

Where are you from?

Virginia

How old are you?

Unspecified

What's your gender?

Female

I used to test INFP, but the description did not match at all. I was not the "calm sedate peaceful face to the world" given in the INFP descriptions, and I was way too interested in technical stuff. And then I started taking Math classes just for fun because I like logic puzzles. On re-testing (using a variety of different MBTI-oriented instruments), I found that I'm pretty definitely INTP. And the description actually matches now too!

A list of INTP-oriented sites.

Married.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Yes - 2 cats.

I am a college Professor. I have also worked as a magazine editor.

Right now, I'm a Math hobbyist. I find Analytical Trig fun because you start with an expression and uncover its reality as you manipulate it with identities - kind of like taking an Indo-European root word and tracing the steps that got it to become modern English. I'm getting ready to start in on Calculus in the Fall.

I love Doctor Who (new and old). I also love playing around with computer music and computer graphics.

Thinking I was INFP and wondering what was wrong with me!

But actually, the hardest thing about being INTP I've found is that it's easy to come up with great ideas but it can be hard to follow up on the execution. That said, because I've had a lot of deadline-driven jobs, I can slip into "J" mode pretty readily and be an effective project editor. And I can definitely keep my students on deadline. But huge conceptual stuff is much easier to brainstorm than execute.

LivingMusic92

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, t
What is your name?
Mikayla.

Where are you from?
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, the Solar System, the Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, the Universe.

How old are you?
14 this past May.

What's your gender?
Female.

Found David Keirsey's Please Understand Me II in the basement. Then did a heck of a lot of research.

Magic... Not really, a link via typelogic.com.

No.

Do you have any kids?
No way in heck.

Do you have any pets?
Family cat named Kia.

What hobbies absorb you the most?
Chess, Dominion, learning about mathematics, psychology, and other languages, internet-surfing, and reading... et cetera!

What's the hardest thing about being an INTP?
...I have a hunch everyone else in my family's an F. And they can't stand my theorizing 24/7... My poor theories... Moreover, the general population's irritating... usually.
...Oh! And a question. Do you ever find yourself thinking about yourself in third-person? I've done it once or twice, unintentionally, of course, and wondered if anyone else has had it happen.

NegativeZero

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
James

Where are you from?
Glasgow, Scotland. No, that's not in England!

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

Erm, I don't like pigeon holes but i do like a good conversation with people who actually think about thinks instead of regurgitating what they were taught by others.

That magic door to information called google.com

Nope

Do you have any kids?
Hell no.

Do you have any pets?
The neighbourhood cat spends a lot of time chilling at my place, I don't even feed him but he keeps coming back

What hobbies absorb you the most?
Reading, Meditation

What's the hardest thing about being an INTP?
Some people can't follow things which come easily to me, it requires patience.

Tungsten

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Where are you from?

I'm from North Portugal.

How old are you?

I am 18.

What's your gender?

Male

I found it in a internet forum.

While I was searching for INTP-related stuff.

Only myself.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

One cat, called Nero.

ithink

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:30 AM
-->
Re: About you?

Where are you from?

Currently residing in Pennsylvania

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Female

My employer had everyone in the office tested a few years ago as part our yearly retreat.

Google

I have an amazing husband

Do you have any kids?
Three boys. 13, 11, and one month

Do you have any pets?
Not currently, but I have always had cats in the past and will again someday

I work in the field of Geographic Information Sciences

The practice of 'Faking It' to get along in the world.. I forget who I am and I get caught up in the 'there must be something wrong with me' cycle that feeds on itself until I am washed upon the shores of the internet, bloated with misery and desperately seeking sanctuary, searching for clarity in a soul that I fear does not exist

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->

Where are you from?

Brazil (south)

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

Looking for vocational tests and career indication

Looking for the INTJ forum

No and never had

Do you have any kids?
No and never had

Do you have any pets?
No, I don't like pets. Animals should be free and they are too expansive to keep.

By asking my parents money.

IDK, relating to people but I don't think that has much to do with being an INTP. Also, I'm like 50% P 50% J

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 9:30 AM
-->
The practice of 'Faking It' to get along in the world.. I forget who I am and I get caught up in the 'there must be something wrong with me' cycle that feeds on itself until I am washed upon the shores of the internet, bloated with misery and desperately seeking sanctuary, searching for clarity in a soul that I fear does not exist

Sounds too familiar... Kind of worrying that someone twice my age has said this. That means it's probably not just 'puberty and trying to find your identity'...

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Rachael

Where are you from?

Florida

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

I took a test in school a couple years ago, recently became interested and took a couple tests online.

don't remember tbh.

yes, 3 years and counting (he's an intj btw)

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

1 cat

browsing the fucking internet.

Part-time work, still a student.

I feel like with the title people expect you to be really intelligent. Truth is, I'm really not that smart.
And then there's the whole "lack of common sense" thing.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
The practice of 'Faking It' to get along in the world.. I forget who I am and I get caught up in the 'there must be something wrong with me' cycle that feeds on itself until I am washed upon the shores of the internet, bloated with misery and desperately seeking sanctuary, searching for clarity in a soul that I fear does not exist[/QUOTE]

that was beautifully written, tbh

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->
what is your name?

Derek

Where are you from?

Central Coast of California

How old are you?

What's your gender?

male

A member of my 'study group' found a personality test online and sent it to the rest of us.

I was googling to find out more about INTP and one of the many links I clicked led me to a thread here, so I lurked on the site for a while and decided to finally create an account.

Nope, and don't really plan on it

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

2 dogs, border collie and some kind of flat coated retriever mutt

internet, sports, video games, avoiding people, and harboring thoughts of revolution and disgust for society

Everyone in my family is easily an Extravert and most likely Feelers (If not Ts with well developed F functions). Everything I do is wrong. I'm too antisocial, I don't regard people's feelings enough, I'm rude. It just sucks when I'm around people because most of the people I know are very similar. but personally I love being an INTP, I actually take some pride in being awkward (not the best thing for high school haha) and emotionally incapable.

Apple

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:30 AM
-->
What is your name?

Alex.

Where are you from?

England.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female.

I took one of the tests and was told I was INTJ, but the descriptions didn't really suit me. I read the descriptions of typical INTPs and they fit me, so I suppose that must be what I am.

Google.

No.

Do you have any kids?

I'm a little young for that, unless I plan on becoming a contestant on reality television (which I do not)

Do you have any pets?

I used to have a fish, but after it died I just have a cactus, which I suppose doesn't really count.

I think that everyone in my family, with the exception of my father (who I get along very well with), is an F type, so they don't really understand why I'm not as emotional as them all the time.

Local time
-->
Decided to finally start posting here, figure I'll start with an introductory post, so here I am.

What is your name?

Edward, after my father.

Where are you from?

Connecticut, US of A.

How old are you?

17 at time of writing.

What's your gender?

Male

I have an interest in psychology, heard about various personality theories, ended up taking various tests and put forth some personal speculation to deduce that I am INTP.

Google --> "INTP forum"

No, I wish.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Three. A cat by the name of Sheilo. Two rats, Lilith and Eve. I'd like a dog but I'm 17 and have no job. The powers that be say no, so no dog for me.

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
-->
Apple, SilentRobert23, welcome to the forum. Use the "New Posts" link in the middle of the top menu to find the hot topics. You may like it here.

fizzix

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

fizzix

How old are you?

I am 21.

Lots of research.

In the usual way.

Peeps999

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Pete

Where are you from?

Indiana

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I took a test and school this year, and it came up with INTP. I forgot about it and recently came back and researched MBTI, and that is definitely my type.

Google

No

Do you have any kids?

no

Do you have any pets?

A family dog

Constantly pissing off my friends by being incredibly blunt.

gwydion85

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Justin

Where are you from?
Kentucky, currently reside in California

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

How did you find out that you were INxP?
The first time I took an MBTI was in high school in psychology class. I did some reading on it then, and got caught up in other things, it fell by the way side as far as interests went. Browsing the web the other night I somehow, not really sure, ran into a personality test, it said I was pretty much 50/50 T/F. I feel kind of like an outcast because I relate a lot to both, don't really fit in with either..

Link after above said test online

Wife

Do you have any kids?
Yes

Do you have any pets?
Yes, 1 cat

Hardest thing about being an INxP?
Wanting to know everything, and not having the time to learn it all, starting so many things and never quite finishing them, yeah, there's a lot. =\

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Alex.

Where are you from?

Dundee, Scotland.

How old are you?

What's your sex?

Male.

Initially I tested INTP; I either changed type or I was an INFP all along suppressing or denying my emotions. My results were always fairly ambiguous, but INFP is the best fit. A voice from the past informs me that I discovered Myers-Briggs through the character page of Dresden Codak.

I'd forgotten, but my fifteen-year-old self tells me that I was linked here by TypeLogic's INTP page.

No.

Do you have any kids?

I would be very surprised if I did.

Do you have any pets?

Two four or five month old domestic shorthair tabby cats called Max and Tabby; I forget what month it was when we got them. I hope one day to have three dogs: a Malamute called Ludwig, a Great Pyrenees called Maximilian and a Shiloh Shepherd called Otto.

I don't remember and I couldn't say with confidence that it was actually a hard thing about being an INTP, anyway. The hardest thing about being an INFP is probably guilt. When I was 15 evidently I thought the hardest thing about being an INTP was being absent minded. Past me! Listen! You will fall in love with a Canadian, I must tell you what you need to know to be prepared! You have ADHD! You're going to go mad! There's so much I want to say to yoooooooouuuuuu...

Edit: Oh! I found when I posted here when I was 15, so I can fill in some blanks.

tastillings

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Austin

Where are you from?
Ava, Missouri

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Male

A test we took on high school for the purpose of writing an essay

I stumbled across it while searching information on INTPs

Nope... Perpetually single

Do you have any kids?
No again, and i plan on keeping it that way :)

Do you have any pets?
I have a Scottish Terrier named Gio and a Beta names Sashimi

Reading, crocheting, schoolwork, and the internet not necessarily in that order

Mostly off of excess scholarship money. I also work at a family business during the summer and will start at a book store in the fall

There are two things for me, well maybe three.

Number one would be a lack of understanding from others. I don't need frequent or prolonged social interaction to be fulfilled, I'm actually quite happy just to keep to myself. I also don't need to talk about my feelings and most people refuse to respect that.

Number two would have to be that I tend to get obsessed with a subject fairly easily. Once I take an interest in something it's REALLY hard to take my mind off of it until the "new" wears off.

Number three, and perhaps the most annoying, is my inability to get my ideas across to others efficiently or effectively.

PhoenixofVindemiatrix

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Shelby.

Where are you from?

Originally Virginia, but I currently reside in Minnesota.

How old are you?

What's your sex?

Female.

Systematic deduction.

It was one of the results that appeared on Google when I searched for information about INTPs.

Nope; never have. Wish I did, though.

Do you have any kids?

I think this answer is obvious...

Do you have any pets?

One dog, a female schnauzer/poodle mix.

I love being an INTP! Really, I do!

IIXIII

tuesday
Local time
Today 10:30 AM
-->
What is your name?

You can call me Lola.

Where are you from?

Estonia.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

My best friend told me about MBTI and that she was INTJ, so I became interested and did the test, too. Also I read about INTP type after I had done the test and everything seemed to describe me.

I was googling some weird stuff about INTPs, but then I found myself here.

No, just broke up with F guy because I was too honest. But I'm really happy with it because I find it exhausting and wrong to lie things better than they actually are. Also he didn't seem to like my bipolar disorder, though he never said anything about it.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Cat.

Painting, reading, discussing conspiracy theories with every INTx that shares my thoughts.

People don't understand how I can get along like this. They think all this is caused by bipolar, but it's not and so they think I must be totally insane. The truth is that I was like this long time before i got the diagnose and I have always been this way, it has nothing to do with bipolar.
Actually it's not even hard, I just couldn't care less about what people (who I'm not in close relationship with) think about me, but I brought it out because I love being INTP and this is the only thing that sometimes bothers me.

user_online.gif

brieze

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Brianna.

Where are you from?

Missouri/Arkansas

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

I took 3 tests; 2 online and the other was the actual MBTI I had to take for college stuff. They all came back INTP.

Google. I was going to try INTP Central again. I joined last year or something and didn't care for it.

Yes.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Negative.

Music listening, reading, cooking, genetics and biology.

I get wrote off as shy a lot because I don't talk much. And the ones that don't find me shy tend to think I'm stuck up. I don't think I'm much of either =/. I just don't speak unless I have something to say.

d32123

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Actually, I'd rather not say.

Where are you from?

I am currently living in Olympia, Washington, but I have roots in Hawaii and I'm going to be moving to Bellingham for college pretty soon.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I was home alone (as usual) and I found the MTBI test thing on StumbleUpon. I scored as a pretty solid INTP. My mom (she's an ENxJ) has always tried to get me to take the test but I'd always put it off. However, this is now my latest obsession that I'll probably burn out on eventually anyways.

Google. So glad that there's other people like me out there. I never fit in anywhere. This place is refreshing.

Nope. You have no idea how hard it is for a (half) Asian INTP male to attract females of any sort when living in a near homogeneously ethnic Scandinavian part of the world. I'm the type of nerdy quiet dude who crushes on some random nice, nerdy, quiet girl. And then after several months of talking to her on and off I build up the courage to ask her out. And then I get rejected. And then I fall into minor depression for a while until I find another girl to become obsessed over in order to continue the cycle. I know Einstein says the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and maybe he's right and there really is "no" girl out there for me, but the logical part of me says that if I keep trying it has to work eventually, right? FML I sound like a hopeless romantic.

Do you have any kids?

Lol I hope not. I'd like one or two before I die though.

Do you have any pets?

Unfortunately way too many...

Allowance. LOL

Belief System?

Born and raised an atheist.

Idk about "hobbies" but I love eating, reading, writing, surfing the net, listening to music (mainly electronica), watching movies, and talking about my interests. I'm a huge politics (I'm a socialist) and history guy. I also like sports (watching, not playing) and I'm a huge baseball and soccer guy (Yankees and Chelsea) but I often alienate your average sports fan with my over-analysis and tactical/sabermetrical rants. I'm a fairly inactive member of WheresGeorge, but I EMS all the bills I spend still and look out for marked bills on the occasions where I'm out and about. I used to play the alto saxophone but I hated the rigidity of the band program and lost interest in it by my senior year of high school.

Feeling a general disconnect with the world around me and the people that populate it. I don't share many interests with "normal" people and I hate small talk. I'm slow to make friends, but when I do I become pretty close to them. Over time, we get sick of each other and move on. I'm the type of guy who lurks on facebook and will occasionally post a status but most of the time I just like observing people, and I dread it when people start conversations with me on there and I rarely initiate them myself. It's not like I dislike people either, it's just that I don't derive the same pleasure from interacting with other people that almost everyone else seems to. I'm gonna have a hell of a time trying to find a job (let alone paying off the debt) once I get out of college. I'll probably wind up becoming a college professor/failed author like my INTP father (he's divorced too, something that I've observed to be rather prevalent amongst INTP's).

I think I over-did my introduction just a little bit. Wowzers. Trust me I'm not an ENTP I just enjoy ranting on the internets. :kilroy:

jachian

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Where are you from?

How old are you?

?...........?.....

What's your gender?

......... !!...........!

Do you have any kids?

Do you have any pets?

I dont...... It generates me..........

creep

(infj)
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Creep. Or Atticus.

Where are you from?

California, United States.

How old are you?

Eleventy-Six.

What's your sex?

Male.

This guy I met (I hate him so much, oh dear), suggested to everyone they try MBTI because he wants to find his soul mate. To begin with, it was only pure indulgence but after awhile, I began looking into it.

He and I do not correspond anymore. Oh dear, I hate him so.

Google.

I don't even know, man. Maybe. Yes. Three years. Ongoing. Three years, I have been in a state of limbo. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

BELLA IS MY ADORABLE DOG. She's beautiful and some random man at the pet store named her.

See question 7; being in a constant state of limbo with people, yourself, etc., is disconcerting.

Affinity

Local time
Today 2:30 AM
-->
What is your name?

Lawrence

Where are you from?

Salt Lake City

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I met a friend some years ago that told me about it so when I went home that night, I took the test.

Through INTPc I believe.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No.

Finding and listening to music, music production, reading, and the occasional artistic creation.

I was doing digital media work but I'm quitting next week so we'll see where the road goes.

Feeling out of place all the time.

IKILLEDGOD

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Jay

Where are you from?
Long Beach, CA

How old are you?

What's your gender?
I'm a guy

Randomly took te MBTI test for no reason. I score between INTP and INTJ consistently although it's a lot more likely that I simply learned the J function.

Google.

I'm too shy to talk to girls. There's even been times where cute girls have talked to me but I fuck it up

Do you have any kids?
nope

Do you have any pets?
nope

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->
I demand to see the evidence that you killed God! Where's his body? Where's the murder weapon? I shall not believe that you killed him until you give me absolute proof!

I think he did it in the kitchen with the lead pipe.

heterogeneous

Heterogeneous
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Macy.

Where are you from?

Well, the United States.

How old are you?

15 at present. :)

What's your gender?

Teenage girl! Haha.

Well, a couple of my friends told me about the types, so I did some research.

Typelogic.

Does a crush count?

Do you have any kids?

No. Fifteen, people.

Do you have any pets?

In my house we have one dog, one cat, and two birds, one of which is mine.

Music, reading, more music.

I work part-time selling lapel pins. Fun work, actually.

Absolutely nothing! It's epic...it's also fun to find out what my friends are. My closest friend is another INTP and there's one who's an INTJ... that's difficult...

MissBadHabits

Jedi knight
Local time
-->
So incredibly bored so I suppose I'll do this, and I know you all are just dying to know more about me ;)

What is your name?

Lindsey

Where are you from?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

How old are you?

20 years old

What's your gender?

Gal

Research because I was bored one night and decided to learn more about personality types

It was a link on one of my research websites

hell no, I'm an INTP remember, I don't love

Do you have any kids?

no way

Do you have any pets?

Cat, her name is Purdy and I've had her since I was 8

Reading and Drinking I suppose. That's what I spend the majority of my time doing other than working

I work 2 part time retail jobs since I dropped out of college and apparently I'm not qualified to do anything else

Not pissing people off or hurting their feelings. I tend to be a very sweet person most of the time but there are times when I can be incredibly mean without realizing it ex: making fun of peoples' insecurities, correcting someone and calling them stupid, etc.

Top Bottom