• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP and INTJ thinking styles

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 9:13 AM
-->
All best thoughts I create come without my control, they just appear and I know that this is very important, that I found something new, that none before was thinking about. I can't really just sit and begin to produce new ideas.
That's because INTPs have very strong unconscious Ni. It produces best ideas, but it isn't under control. Then you can analyze it, and make structure for this idea, proving it's right or wrong. If it's wrong then we can modify it using Ne and again analyse with Ti, and it's Ti-Ne loop looking for best solution.

INTJs are totally different. They think all the time about solutions, strategies, future, and idk what else, because I'm not one. If they finally find good thoughts they feel something similar though - "eureka". They have unconscious Ti, which tells them, that this thought is correct, that it's true. Usually then they use Te to implement their idea.

I could write more, but I think you get an idea. it is originally from socionics, and I learnt it from some INFP guys on YT, who I think really good understands personality types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shq_CCeJfd4

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
INTJs and INTPs consolidate data differently. THough both are very good at it they do it with very different tactics.

INTJs zero in on something and dig a hole while INTPs have a very fuzzy approach to things. Its almost chaotic approach at first from the point of view of outside observer, but inside the INTPs mind things make perfect sense.

INTJs look for bolts that hold information together and make them sensible and allow them to aligne facts into a perfect picture with clear outlines. Each missing puzzle has to fall in.

INTPs are more comfortable with ambiguity and can withold judgment to an extreme so much so that they almost seem like they dont care all the while in their mind each little piece of puzzle is put into a category and each bit of information is analyzed and reanalyzed so all things are understood all the way to metaextentions. THis is where things get real for INTPs and where INTPs get better and INTJs dont. Meta thinking is where INTPs look for a principal that can be extracted from all the data therefore INTPs look into data so long until they can formulate a complete understanding of things, analyzing thing from each concievable angle to make sure they never missed something even as so remote that most people would think that such information is absolutly irrelevant. Thats why INTPs learn slow in the beginning and have hard time keeping up with INTJs. INtjs are perfectly happy understanding things as long as they understand how they work, but dont infact have meta understanding of possible outlines that dont perfectly fit into it. SOrt of like they know what it all means perfectly to a point, because it makes sense and they know it will work.

INTPs dont want to just know how it works, but they want to extract as many applications from information as possible. They need to know how they got there and how they can improve the model and so they seek all possible solutions to a single problem and so they can infact create a new problem to solve only this time the problem is harder and more complex, because this time they tweak the variables to see if they understand the principal.
They like running simulations in the world. Good way to do that is to have theory and put it to a test. FIrst find its weakest points and see if it holds up.

INTJs consider a theory strong as long as it lasts, only to abandon it when they see it doesnt work and then they go back to the analitical mode and go from the theory they have constructed to rebuild the theory and add information. So INTJs are happy to run on a theory as long as it works while INTPs prefer to know what the theory is good for and what it is not good for. Thats why INTPs often hold seemingly opposing views while INTJs are single mindedly focused on a single theory that explains all and is end to all.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:13 AM
-->
INTJs and INTPs consolidate data differently. THough both are very good at it they do it with very different tactics.

INTJs zero in on something and dig a hole while INTPs have a very fuzzy approach to things. Its almost chaotic approach at first from the point of view of outside observer, but inside the INTPs mind things make perfect sense.

INTJs look for bolts that hold information together and make them sensible and allow them to aligne facts into a perfect picture with clear outlines. Each missing puzzle has to fall in.

INTPs are more comfortable with ambiguity and can withold judgment to an extreme so much so that they almost seem like they dont care all the while in their mind each little piece of puzzle is put into a category and each bit of information is analyzed and reanalyzed so all things are understood all the way to metaextentions. THis is where things get real for INTPs and where INTPs get better and INTJs dont. Meta thinking is where INTPs look for a principal that can be extracted from all the data therefore INTPs look into data so long until they can formulate a complete understanding of things, analyzing thing from each concievable angle to make sure they never missed something even as so remote that most people would think that such information is absolutly irrelevant. Thats why INTPs learn slow in the beginning and have hard time keeping up with INTJs. INtjs are perfectly happy understanding things as long as they understand how they work, but dont infact have meta understanding of possible outlines that dont perfectly fit into it. SOrt of like they know what it all means perfectly to a point, because it makes sense and they know it will work.

INTPs dont want to just know how it works, but they want to extract as many applications from information as possible. They need to know how they got there and how they can improve the model and so they seek all possible solutions to a single problem and so they can infact create a new problem to solve only this time the problem is harder and more complex, because this time they tweak the variables to see if they understand the principal.
They like running simulations in the world. Good way to do that is to have theory and put it to a test. FIrst find its weakest points and see if it holds up.

INTJs consider a theory strong as long as it lasts, only to abandon it when they see it doesnt work and then they go back to the analitical mode and go from the theory they have constructed to rebuild the theory and add information. So INTJs are happy to run on a theory as long as it works while INTPs prefer to know what the theory is good for and what it is not good for. Thats why INTPs often hold seemingly opposing views while INTJs are single mindedly focused on a single theory that explains all and is end to all.

Your personal bias is astounding.

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
My brother is an INTJ, he is my favourite person.
I share everything with him: Secrets, interests and genetics.

We are essentially a lot more similar than we are different.

Main differences between us are:

-He's ambitious, structured and driven.
-#2 will not do for him, and he will work damn hard until he's #1.
-He is organized. He also organizes others (he nags me on Steam to fill out forms for example)
-He enjoys being made project leader at work. He's comfortable in charge.
-He's incredibly loyal to those he values

Think that about sums it up.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
In my experience, INTJ-style thinkers are very prone to confirmation bias and superficial analysis of things. If they find one piece of evidence or argument to support their theory, they have zero doubts about the validity of the theory. Nor are they very interested in looking at all the possible implications of their conjectures, which again makes them prone to confirmation bias.

Those are probably not big weaknesses in the majority of endeavors in the world, and make INTJs quite suitable for business. But in certain areas of business, those fallacies can destroy you (something I got to witness at my former job).

But maybe I'm talking about ISTJs or something, I'm not sure.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 11:13 PM
-->
^ I don't know if this means anything, but I get ISTJ vibes from about half of supposed INTJs online. So maybe a lot of them like to think they are INTJ (as ISTJs) or perhaps they act that way online (INTJ anonymity and all its glory). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 10:13 AM
-->
Some of people on this forum are secretly INTJ. They will never admit it. This is too shameful.
I will not point them out. they are powerful. But everybody who is lurking enough (like one year)know who is WHO. :phear:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I recall the difference according to Keirsey, is that INTJ's are much better at ordering of sequence of events and INTPs are better at ordering by category.

Obviously if given just this, neither type is actually superior to the other, which I think is a lot closer representation of reality than the INTP's seem to have in this thread.

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
I recall the difference according to Keirsey, is that INTJ's are much better at ordering of sequence of events and INTPs are better at ordering by category.

Obviously if given just this, neither type is actually superior to the other, which I think is a lot closer representation of reality than the INTP's seem to have in this thread.

What you state infers a lot.

INTJs are linear thinkers, INTP prefer constellations :D

My brother (INTJ) is focussed, organized, ambitious and goal-oriented. This is an outcome of linear thought. He will work extra hours on a project just to make it the best possible.

INTP will go on data binges and research things to the nth degree, get bored of the topic, then rinse and repeat with something else. The topics are always left open for further research/updates.

INTPs favourite topic is often off-topic. INTJ might ignore off-topic ideas (even if connected) because they are so focussed on the central topic (I have SO much experience of this Vs my brother).

Neither are better (though I'm actually super-jelly of INTJ's drive. INTJ gets things DONE).

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 2:13 AM
-->
Some of people on this forum are secretly INTJ. They will never admit it. This is too shameful.
I will not point them out. they are powerful. But everybody who is lurking enough (like one year)know who is WHO. :phear:

what, why? :confused:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
What you state infers a lot.

INTJs are linear thinkers, INTP prefer constellations :D

My brother (INTJ) is focussed, organized, ambitious and goal-oriented. This is an outcome of linear thought. He will work extra hours on a project just to make it the best possible.

INTP will go on data binges and research things to the nth degree, get bored of the topic, then rinse and repeat with something else. The topics are always left open for further research/updates.

INTPs favourite topic is often off-topic. INTJ might ignore off-topic ideas (even if connected) because they are so focussed on the central topic (I have SO much experience of this Vs my brother).

Neither are better (though I'm actually super-jelly of INTJ's drive. INTJ gets things DONE).

Ignoring how this is such a gross simplification, I might put it this way: INTJs play chess and excel at it while INTPs play D&D and come up with some rather elaborate ideas.

But yes, as being neither an INTJ nor an INTP all the while studying both and considering both as my type I have come to understand some of the differences between them. One need only look at the dominant and secondary functions in each to tell they both have their strengths when it comes to problem solving.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->

INTPs get things done - but not these that other people want, only that which INTPs are interested in. INTJ can force themselves to do something what is needed, that's why they're good leaders (leader is a person, who care about finishing a goal). INTPs can do only what they want, idk why, but they anyway finish some stuff.

Personally, when I was playing games I also wanted to be the best, like your brother, but when I was focusing on winning - I lost. The way that worked for me was focus on process - being the best and don't care about outcome - if I played well and lost I was satisfied. For some time it was bad, because I was trying new things, new combinations etc. and was losing, but learning a lot. Then at some point I was good enough to climb in ladder to the top. (Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Warcraft III are the games I was good at).

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
If you give me a project I care about, I'm the most intense and hard-working mofo you'll find.

But then there will be periods where I'm just a lazy slug.

Maybe that's the thing. INTPs swing between periods of intense focus and complete relaxation.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
INTJs try to find the indivisible element of the problem and base a theory on that.
INTPs want to find the indivisible element of the problem and divide the indivisible.
So INTJs find the atom and INTPs smash it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
INTJs try to find the indivisible element of the problem and base a theory on that.
INTPs want to find the indivisible element of the problem and divide the indivisible.
So INTJs find the atom and INTPs smash it.

Could you rephrase that?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Could you rephrase that?

If you imagine a body of information in such a way that it is divided into core information and body of information derived from the core it follows that to understand this body of information one must get to the core. That is to fully comprehend something you must understand the information relationship with outside information.

INTJs would try to get to the core of the body of information to understand it fully.

Thus they form understanding of the information body.

INTPs would attempt to do the same, but they wouldnt stop just there. They would see that information is in units that are divided and interact with eachother. Ti comes in here where it sorts information into different categories based on value and logic into Si to form a complete grid of information body. Then they would attempt to find a way to extrapolate something from that grid in such a way that it would form a alternative grid that would divide the information differently yet consistently in such a way that if you overlay the grids they are essentially congruent.
Because essentially INTPs never stop learning something. They see information bodies in layers each information associated with other.

But if this is confusing and it probably is lets say that you have a body of knowledge and you try to understand it. The meta thinking part of INTPs tries to find connections between the differing layers of information whereas INTJs consistently work only in single layer.

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
INTPs get things done - but not these that other people want, only that which INTPs are interested in. INTJ can force themselves to do something what is needed, that's why they're good leaders (leader is a person, who care about finishing a goal). INTPs can do only what they want, idk why, but they anyway finish some stuff.

Personally, when I was playing games I also wanted to be the best, like your brother, but when I was focusing on winning - I lost. The way that worked for me was focus on process - being the best and don't care about outcome - if I played well and lost I was satisfied. For some time it was bad, because I was trying new things, new combinations etc. and was losing, but learning a lot. Then at some point I was good enough to climb in ladder to the top. (Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Warcraft III are the games I was good at).

I can very much relate to that. I used to be a healer for a competitive guild in WoW.
Brother/most are critical of me for wasting my life like that ;D

If you give me a project I care about, I'm the most intense and hard-working mofo you'll find.

But then there will be periods where I'm just a lazy slug.

Maybe that's the thing. INTPs swing between periods of intense focus and complete relaxation.

I work in lumps too.
I managed 10k words in one session for example, then played Stronghold Legends for a week or so (until I finished all the campaigns).

Can get very carried away with my 'projects' and they will take me over entirely until I've exhausted them (then no way can I force myself to go back).
Music theory is one of these subjects.
Also I 'finished' a book of 108,187 words.

Brother isn't like that, he will stick to whatever will get him the furthest, within his expertise (he has little interest in anything outside coding, politics and LARP) and will see it through.
That said, it is in my observation that INTP has a far wider range of interests.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
If you imagine a body of information in such a way that it is divided into core information and body of information derived from the core it follows that to understand this body of information one must get to the core. That is to fully comprehend something you must understand the information relationship with outside information.

INTJs would try to get to the core of the body of information to understand it fully.

Thus they form understanding of the information body.

INTPs would attempt to do the same, but they wouldnt stop just there. They would see that information is in units that are divided and interact with eachother. Ti comes in here where it sorts information into different categories based on value and logic into Si to form a complete grid of information body. Then they would attempt to find a way to extrapolate something from that grid in such a way that it would form a alternative grid that would divide the information differently yet consistently in such a way that if you overlay the grids they are essentially congruent.
Because essentially INTPs never stop learning something. They see information bodies in layers each information associated with other.

But if this is confusing and it probably is lets say that you have a body of knowledge and you try to understand it. The meta thinking part of INTPs tries to find connections between the differing layers of information whereas INTJs consistently work only in single layer.

That's fine, I could figure out what you were saying without you dumbing it down.

You are missing what the INTJs are best at tho, which is predicting. You as an INTP will understand more of the intricacies that make that body work with the core, but the INTJ will be better at predicting what that body is going to do next.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:43 PM
-->
Based on personal experience ~

NTJs feel like they just do everything faster. They're in the business of maximising their output. Thinking 200 thoughts that are 95% correct gives more value than thinking 100 thoughts that are 99 correct. What they do get wrong they tend to correct quickly by observing their environment to see whether they're in sync with reality. I think NTJness is the result of high fluid intelligence mixed with a high degree of involvement in their own lives, particularly in the sense of goal orientation. More linear and direct, committing to a single course under the assumption that if it's wrong it will become apparent. Self-correction is passive.

NTPs sacrifice speed for initial acuity and maybe creativity. They're less goal oriented which means that there is less emphasis on particular information. This can result in less bias initially. However, they are less aware of feedback, often letting NTPs become isolated from the reality that would correct them. It's easy to follow a train of logic too far afield, while missing valuable context that would temper that logic. INTPs are so rigorous in their logic because if they get the logic wrong they're more likely to stay wrong. While NTJs follow ideas based on goals, NTPs follow ideas based on the formal aspect, 'what would make this idea fall apart?'. Self-correction is active.

All in all I have more respect for NTJs. I think they tend to be more naturally talented, and basically the more effective thinker. I think NTPs do have their niche, but it's more of a support role. An NTJ sets out to make positive assertions about the world, and the NTP sets out to refine/correct them. Or that's how I fit in as the NTP anyway.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:13 AM
-->
I am INFJ so I have Ni like INTJ and Ti like INTP.

INTJ:

Ni is convergent, it is aware of everything it knows and infers an answer that is no obvious, Ni is abstract from this reason that Intuition finds patterns. Ni finds patterns as a single outcome. that means it sees a linear progression of where things lead.

Te is empirical, it takes information about the world and forms conclusions of induction. Models are built on what is seen to affect the real world.

Thus Ni sees a future outcome and Te has the evidence of larger systems. INTJ are called the mastermind for a reason. They know how everything works by Te and they know what will happen because of Ni. They can plan things or see the master plan because of NiTe.

INTP:

Ti is internal rather than external like Te. Ti organizes every piece of information the INTP has in their head. It sorts ideas by their implications and also by what other thoughts have a relationship to each other. This is the meta processes someone mentioned above. A thought is annotated to be placed in the proper category of meaning. Te can see this as unpractical, but Ti knows that that knowledge must be understood in relation to it epistemological value. Ti is hyper focused on epistemology and Te sees it as a waste of time.

Ne is divergent pattern recognition. It finds connections that seem random but actually must be evaluated by Ti. Ti will take the multitude of connection and see if they meet the epistemological standards of its Thinking. This builds a library of idioms. An assortment of meaning that takes those connections and finds the truth in them. Together Ti and Ne create personalized encyclopedias of whatever the INTP decided to research to make connections. Ne must seek connections from the world and Ti will organize it.

INFJ:

INFJ's Have Ni and finds convergent conclusions. But they also have Fe that evaluates people based on observing who they are. INFJ can know by cues (mostly emotional) the way people socialize. INFJ are people that stand back and observe and know how they must engage a person based on the person's mannerisms. The way they get through to a person is keen because the INFJ has experienced in a detached way and the way they have been viewed by others in what happens in the interaction. INFJ's almost always knows what they right thing to say is when with other people. Fi types feel that they must be bold and get exactly to the core values of both persons. INFJ's hold back and only says what they feel is safe to say. Disturbing people can spiral into a huge mess where they cannot communicate with the person anymore because they will be viewed as just some immoral person for holding a believe the other finds disagreeable. If the INFJ sharing anything must be handled with care. Ni shows them that any action will lead to either a positive or negative encounter.

Ni-Ti in INFJ's has been seen as very mysterious. What it really is Ti organizes Ni conclusion. Ni generates conclusions and Ti evaluates the epistemology of it. That way INFJ's are self-reflective. Always trying to understand the truth of the reality they think happens. They know that to find the ultimate meaning of life the universe and everything. They must know that what they think is the correct answer must be placed in relation to everything that says yes and everything that says no. If I think I know why something is, then I must also know if I make conclusions correctly. I must test my conclusions against a knowledgebase of epistemological mistakes I could be making.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
It should be (and will be to some - apologies to said people) Captain Obvious territory here, but let's not forget that each and every one of us is wildly unique. You can stand 100 'INTJs' or 'INTPs' in a room together and the variance between each and every one would be great. The two-dimensional thinking on display within this thread is all fine and dandy when you're operating within the parameters of a pop-psychology hypothesis, but in reality it simply doesn't stack up. We are extremely fluid. The cardboard cutout 'avatars' for each type is, in the end, hopelessly limited in scope.

That being said, this rings true in my personal experience (which will indubitably run counter to many other NiTe users out there, so take it with a pinch of salt):

Based on personal experience ~

NTJs feel like they just do everything faster. They're in the business of maximising their output. Thinking 200 thoughts that are 95% correct gives more value than thinking 100 thoughts that are 99 correct. What they do get wrong they tend to correct quickly by observing their environment to see whether they're in sync with reality. I think NTJness is the result of high fluid intelligence mixed with a high degree of involvement in their own lives, particularly in the sense of goal orientation. More linear and direct, committing to a single course under the assumption that if it's wrong it will become apparent. Self-correction is passive.

NTPs sacrifice speed for initial acuity and maybe creativity. They're less goal oriented which means that there is less emphasis on particular information. This can result in less bias initially. However, they are less aware of feedback, often letting NTPs become isolated from the reality that would correct them. It's easy to follow a train of logic too far afield, while missing valuable context that would temper that logic. INTPs are so rigorous in their logic because if they get the logic wrong they're more likely to stay wrong. While NTJs follow ideas based on goals, NTPs follow ideas based on the formal aspect, 'what would make this idea fall apart?'. Self-correction is active.

All in all I have more respect for NTJs. I think they tend to be more naturally talented, and basically the more effective thinker. I think NTPs do have their niche, but it's more of a support role. An NTJ sets out to make positive assertions about the world, and the NTP sets out to refine/correct them. Or that's how I fit in as the NTP anyway.

The TL;DR of my experience working alongside INTPs is thus:

I tend to launch in to action and refine the process as I go, usually arriving at 'the most efficient' solution part-way through said process; my long time INTP colleague on the other hand would delay action to figure out the most efficient solution, then launch in to action. Ultimately it's hard to say which approach was better, as both have their merits. My 'impulsiveness' would tick him off and his 'procrastination' would irritate myself - but we almost always arrived at the same conclusions. Initial head-butting aside, we tended to align quite well.

It also transpires (after he was officially tested) that my closest friend has a preference for Ti and Ne. The main difference between us is our approach to gathering new information. My friend will spend hours upon hours researching a topic of interest, learning all the intricacies of it. I have always admired his ability to do this.

Meanwhile, I'm very much a 'Bottom-line that for me' type of person. I don't want or need details which are anything less than absolutely critical. I need to know what the end point of a situation is. Give me that and I'll figure the rest out as I go.

I could say loads on this, but yeah. Just be careful with the ol' 2D thinking.

BTW - in my experience INTJs aren't necessarily the pragmatic go-getters they are often portrayed to be. In my experience (including data I've had access to as I was, for a brief time, involved in the professional OPP / MBTI bullshit) a large number of INTJs - males especially - don't know their arse from their elbow until they hit their mid thirties to forties.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Today 8:13 PM
-->
I couldn't tell what function I'm using, I am aware of more thought processes than I am of various function uses. The thing is, most of the time, people are barely even thinking regardless of function, its a greater receptivity, but without stimuli its unlikely a process will be sufficiently engaged. I'm not sure if this is just me because as a result of circumstance, I have to be present and not completely internalized. I have given up with applying functions and type until I can have something consistent with my own knowledge, and because they get in the way of natural processing, though I'm disregarding the idea because of its influences, I'm still interested in the theory, and will offer anecdotes for sake of discussion.
First of all, what is this unconscious Ni you speak of? I wouldn't say it is Ni, it is something that is likely Ti. The processes of Ti to heavily engage with something allows the subconscious to tackle it throughout the day and night, and as a result, all of a sudden, you think of something that perfectly fits the system you were working in. This subconscious processing is a normal phenomena, why it is so effective for people who are described as having Ti, is because they delve into a deep complexity with whatever it is they are thinking about.
I have consciously used Ni a few times when my head was a little tilted, and it is very similar, "Simplicity is the seal of truth."
Just interested, Ni is very mysterious to me.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
That's fine, I could figure out what you were saying without you dumbing it down.

You are missing what the INTJs are best at tho, which is predicting. You as an INTP will understand more of the intricacies that make that body work with the core, but the INTJ will be better at predicting what that body is going to do next.

I dont think thats really the case. You essentially said that I know how it works better, but the person who knows less will be better at predicting?

Here is what I think. I think the brain is intelligent precisely, because it is capable of predictions. The more accurate prediction the more intelligent you are. It has nothing to do with the type.

What you have to say is what exactly are INTJs better at predicting.
I predicted brexit and Trump victory pretty much half way through. Yet when people voted on INTJf very few made these predictions. Majority of them had wrong predictions. Now this is just two predictions so its hard to say what exactly it means. It could have been just a fluke. But I have been consistent in my predictions in my life.

I think INTPs and INTJs are good at prediciting things that are different.
INTJs look ahead in systems true, but thats not necessarily going to yield better predictions because if you have wrong information your predicitions will necessarily be wrong. SO your ability to predict an outcome also depends largely on the fact if you can verify your information. How well you verify information and how well can you sort out what is irrelevant to your prediction and what is relevant. This requires you to know how the system works.

I think the difference here is in what tendencies INTJs and INTP have.
Where they spend their energy.
INTJs pick up theories and try to find one and only theory that works. They look at each theory and the least inconsistent theory is their pick.
So they get a bunch of theories and shot down each theory based on what they think is true.
INTP is very different animal. INTPs get a bunch of theories and hold each theory in their mind. Something that would cause severe cognitive dissonance in normal people. THey hold each theory up and running even those fringe theories that no one else would consider even thinking about.
Most INTJs would be embarrassed to do something like this.
Yet look at INTP forum. People here consider all kinds of things. You rarely see INTJs entertaining ideas as freely as that.
INTPs will hold a theory dear even if it has some major flaws, but only because they will want to improve on it. They will look for ways to make it work no matter what. INTJs never put energy into this sort of thing. They want to be efficient. So they go theory by theory and eliminate each theory until they end up with the most efficient one.
But this is just my small observation.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
According to ZenRaiden, I must be an INTP.

:confused:

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
Difference is:
INTJ - A human trying to be cold.
INTP - A computer trying to be warm.

Probably just as accurate as everyone else is here.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->

Intjs arent more talented, they are even less than intps. Same as istj are less talented than istp.
The reason why intjs seem to be more succesful (only to outside observer) is thst they work hard and longer. They see some opportunity and can work for 10 or 20 years with patience. Intps dont really plan as long ahead, they are focused more on actual outcome of their work. (intps think about future, but dont stick with plans).
Nikola Tesla was obvious intj and he said he had had a brother much more intelligent than him, probably intp?
My istj cousin also told me many times that his brother istp is much more intelligent than him. But well, now istj is a physician and earn a lot of money (because he work and learn all the time) and istp woerks in a market....

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
So what you're saying is:
[BIMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170703/4f1830ce12342668abbcd8c526554b50.jpg[/bIMG]

Or is it more:
[BIMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170703/84055b216f6cb5ed81b1d60668817d63.jpg[/bIMG]

[Edit - just to be clear - that was a joke. While NT's are often associated with intelligence, there are examples of geniuses in all types and I am just poking fun]

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Yes there are many ways to be intelligent. If one says Ps are more intelligent than Js it would suggest a common type of intelligence.

There is no such thing. Even if two people who we can measure IQ had the same IQ, for example two guys, one INTP and one INTJ with IQs 100 their output would be clearly different in life.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
According to ZenRaiden, I must be an INTP.

:confused:

You dont have to be to do what INTPs do.

But you might consider other types for yourself. What if for example you are ISTP.

Nah. I may or may not know what I am talking about. My conclusions arent definitive anyway.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Today 8:13 PM
-->
I disagree Zen. Te and Ti differ because of the energy by which thought is directed. INTJs are good with thinking about anything externally using their energy, planning requires an externalization of energy. INTJs are better at maintaining an understanding of the direction of a system, INTPs can only internalize generalizations.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Nah. I may or may not know what I am talking about. My conclusions arent definitive anyway.

Yeah, I mean... not to be a dick here, but you're essentially talking a load of bollocks. It's probably best to just stop, because your information is drastically off-piste. You're actively contributing bad data to the pool which could well confuse a bunch of people.

As for myself being an ISTP... lol.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:43 PM
-->
Intjs arent more talented, they are even less than intps. Same as istj are less talented than istp.
The reason why intjs seem to be more succesful (only to outside observer) is thst they work hard and longer. They see some opportunity and can work for 10 or 20 years with patience. Intps dont really plan as long ahead, they are focused more on actual outcome of their work. (intps think about future, but dont stick with plans).
Nikola Tesla was obvious intj and he said he had had a brother much more intelligent than him, probably intp?
My istj cousin also told me many times that his brother istp is much more intelligent than him. But well, now istj is a physician and earn a lot of money (because he work and learn all the time) and istp woerks in a market....

It was an opinion. Also those are a bunch of anecdotes.

I see intelligence as pointless unless it is towards a goal, so I respect people that do over people that say what they could do.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Hilarious considering that you don't like typing other people.

Aye.

This is the reason I stopped posting in the MBTI communities, this board and another INTP board aside. There's so much bullshit floating around. It beggars belief.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 6:13 PM
-->
From all the years of reading MBTI literature and being an INTx myself, I think INTJs and INTPs are more different sets of natures in one possible person. To elaborate, one person can be INTP one day and slowly turn INTJ in another, and vice versa. It's just a matter of goal oriented difference, I feel. An NT with a goal to achieve adopts an INTJ mentality while that same NT will adopt an INTP disposition if he or she doesn't understand the entire picture of whatever goal/project he or she is working on. One strives for the goal in a linear, executive manner while the other gathers data to try to achieve that same goal.

Top Bottom