• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I am here to hug you

Shaz

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:18 PM
-->
why has everyone run away? :phear:

Yes, I am an F! INFJ for that matter - wanting to develop my tertiaty function : introverted thinking! What use is it to have insights if I cannot explain them to others?

I see your forum as a sort of learning ground (I have a lot to learn), and a curiosity. My boyfriend is an INTP and I am always fascinated by his vision, his ideas about the bigger picture, whether scientific or plain crazy. We learn a lot from each other. I hope I can push my learning even further here :)

by the way, I'm French, hence possible mistakes.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 5:18 AM
-->
Excellent!

Titania

Local time
Today 7:18 PM
-->
Where the nowhere begins. Some like to call it Fin
Welcome to the home of lazy, thinking weirdos, Shaz :D . Heh, the title reminds me about my hippie friend, who would like to hug everyone who comes across... Nice to have some other types here too, that this forum wouldn't get too endogamous.

Btw I like your picture, it's pretty :)

Aphasia

Local time
Tomorrow 12:18 AM
-->
Plain crazy! I want some too! (Sounds tasty XD)

*Ahem* Welcome to the forums, Shaz. Nothing much else to say, except that we probably won't help you develop explanatory skills directly, or at least, not if you want to be understood by anyone else. :P Anyway, enjoy your stay. :)

icywindow

Local time
Today 12:18 PM
-->
Yay hugs! *hugs Shaz and all the rest of the peoples here* Welcome, you!

The best way to start your thinking gears is to start formulating theories and systems. They might be wrong at first, but just keep working through them. It's a great exercise in constructing a mental playground. After you have that mental playground, start trying to describe the things in there. Practice makes fun :D

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:18 PM
-->
Hello and welcome!

Its gonna be interesting to have other types point of view, feel free to step into the discussions.

Looks like Fs have a thing for hugs, I have one as a friend and she was kind of proud when she got one from me (yeah, I dont give many of those :p)

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
Today 9:18 AM
-->
Hey Shaz, welcome aboard :D

Ugh... my girlfriend is a INFJ and she hates this stuff (or at least she hates that I talk about it all the time), but then again the president of APTi is an INFJ too, so I'm sure you'll do fine. Hell, you'll probably breeze past most of us in the application department, so maybe you can push some of those value-based judgement skills our way ;)

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
...values? What are these ... values?

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
*lunges and knocks shaz to the groud* heya! I'd be the one bridging the gap between the forums ;). I was honestly wondering if any of you would come by here if I mentioned it. Enjoy!

Shaz

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Thank you all for your welcome! you're not that scary after all

My problem with theories and systems probably comes from the fact that I just see everything as very relative. So I often have trouble settling for something and organizing my ideas. I sometimes get overwhelmed by the infinite possibilities, especially when it comes to scientific things I have no or little knowledge of. I'm also not that good with very abstract science compared to an NT, which makes sense :rolleyes: but it completely fascinates me.

As far as values go... I'm still in research of those - and values can be dangerous things. Obviously there's the whole respect thing (of any kind of life), trying to understand everyone, you know, idealist stuff which are the most important things to me :).

Decaf > what does your girlfriend hate, mbti or intp-type discussions?
Titania > thanks :) it's a pic I took in Paris a couple of years ago.

edit : ha, you guys don't have a relationship forum! I'll have to look for the threads myself... Talking about relationships with Ts is so much more interesting

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
Maybe toss the idea at the suggestions board?

Anyways, my sister is INFJ and she seems like a bit of an idealist.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
Today 9:18 AM
-->
Decaf > what does your girlfriend hate, mbti or intp-type discussions?

Depends on when you ask me. I know she hates when I talk technical, but sometimes I wonder if she's actually a sensor with a lot of intuitive "shoulds". On the other hand, I tend to go on and sometimes she is interested and even allows me to use psycho-jargon in normal conversations on occasion. I don't know <sigh>. It can be a struggle.

*edit - Maybe if extraverted feeling weren't my inferior function I would know better.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
hmm... if you're trying to get to know our mindset towards relationships better, I'd suggest that the threads titled "sensitive," "emotions..." and "trust" are the three "most telling" threads out there for getting at the core of the type's personality. "Vices" and "what do INTP hates?" are pretty good too, if I remember right. They're in the sections labeled INTP and Psychological. The "shout club" in Siberia has some good stuff in it too... but beware your own empathy if you're gonna visit there.

You might like the science, faith, and philosophy section too, although I can't tell for sure. haha if Satya is an indication of how Ni works through those things, the relentless NT-ness might just irritate you. Most of the threads in there are pretty interesting though.

Titania

Local time
Today 7:18 PM
-->
Where the nowhere begins. Some like to call it Fin
The "shout club" in Siberia has some good stuff in it too...

You're gonna send our new member to the Siberia?!:eek: ( oh I see - you will cryopreserve her, take the DNA sample and find the secrets of extroverted Feeling)
OK, but be aware, Shaz, there might be tigers, Russian truckdrivers and irritated INTPs... ;) And remember to dress warmly.

Shaz

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Heh, somehow seeing angry intps makes me feel better about my own destructive impulsions. if it happens to you guys...

extraverted feeling puzzles even myself sometimes. I wish I could control it, rather than the other way around. Maybe in a few decades.

Top Bottom