• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hi

TurdsOfDavid

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:34 AM
-->
:elephant::elephant::elephant:

Very interesting emoticons

:kodama1:

Anyways, I am now joining this forum. I took this test a couple years ago and saw that I was INTP. I took it again just now and got the same result. I felt some fear though and I understood that the uneasiness came from the prospect of getting a different result. If I did, it would have meant that the image of myself that I have would be wrong, or on the flipside I would have to argue against the Meyers-Briggs test result.

I am 19, ending my 2nd year in the college of architecture at UC Berkeley. I grew up in LA. Nice to introduce myself to you all. I am very interested in knowing whether or not us all being categorized as INTP means that we are similar? And if so, similar in what ways?

Montresor

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:34 PM
-->
Good for you for being so young in college. Follow that road.

The standing theory here (from the perspective of a newcomer) is that test results get rejected at the door. Forget 'em. Or not. You're INTP you decide.

The Introvert

Goose! (Duck, Duck)
Local time
Today 1:34 AM
-->
Good for you for being so young in college. Follow that road.

The standing theory here (from the perspective of a newcomer) is that test results get rejected at the door. Forget 'em. Or not. You're INTP you decide.
Standard procedure here indicates that fluency in the language of jungian functions is necessary for an accurate typing.

Also, dude, welcome. I'm in the same position as you (as far as age/ educational status is concerned).:angel:

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
Welcome. Bother me as much as you wish, but don't get to annoying if you do :p
I am own8ge, uggg. What a name! o.O... Anyhow; QUESTIONS? Feel free to ask me. I have no life. >.>

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I am not sure I understand what you guys mean. Is not everyone here INTP, as determined by the tests?

No, not everyone is an INTP, but most of us are (I think). Welcome to the forum.

SW

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
I am not sure I understand what you guys mean. Is not everyone here INTP, as determined by the tests?

A personality type test doesn't determine personality type. It merely gives an indication which is not accurate; self-evaluation never is. :rolleyes:

And no, we are not all INTPs. :phear:

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
According to my profile, my type is MAGE. I have no memory of typing that.

:storks:

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->

The issue is that the test scores are not valid and represent biases not type. There are other indicators that you must seek out. Begin.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 6:34 AM
-->

INTPf is the only worthwhile MBTI themed public forum on the entire internet. some sensible people of other types have acknowledged this and they are welcome. primarily INTP's are attracted, though.

oh and welcome =)

The Introvert

Goose! (Duck, Duck)
Local time
Today 1:34 AM
-->
Ah, I think I see. So this forum is popular and just happens to be originally designated for the INTP.
Bingo. Someone mentioned most of the people here are INTP.

Considering that it is an INTP forum, I think there is an unusually large amount of people here that are NOT INTP. Random estimate from me would be ~60-70% of people here (could be much lower).

TurdsOfDavid

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Thanks for telling me, that is pretty interesting. I have been roaming around the boards a bit, including this one, and there is one question that has been bothering me so I have to ask it:

Is being INTP trendy or something??

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 6:34 AM
-->
yes every super star is INTP except richurd doorkings he is ESTJ according to some sources

Starswirl

Local time
Today 12:34 AM
-->
Thanks for telling me, that is pretty interesting. I have been roaming around the boards a bit, including this one, and there is one question that has been bothering me so I have to ask it:

Is being INTP trendy or something??

INTPs and ENTPs dominate the internet. The ENTP forum imploded a while ago and the refugees came here.

The internet is too dark a place for most SFs.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 3:04 PM
-->
I think it is more of a forum for intelligent intuitive types, with a small bias for people who self-identify as INTP, and a sprinkling of the more tolerable sensors :D

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
You know nothing about SF if you think the internet is too "dark". Sorry. That just ain't true. Why would an NT possibly think they're "dark"? That kind of spongy junk is what belongs on the other forums you speak of.

The true INTPs have a special satus here and they often stand out through a notable absence of posting.

Regarding MBTI: there seems to be 3 prevalent theories that get discussed here, and then whatever else is basically people's personal systems they've developed.
These are just things I have noticed you don't have to accept any of it.

Pod'Lair - oft quoted by it's proponents as unique and original, and all-encompassing. My detached outside observation is it is a cult. A cult of personality typists. It has to be a cult; how else could anybody advocate that kind of stu'fff? Will type you for $30 or something and their final decision is usually respected.

CognitiveType - Similar approach to Pod'Lair with typology, with common roots. Has taken the stance that original theories from the 19th century should be revived. See: Carl Jung and Cognitive Functions. Possibly will type you if you are pure of intention and ask politely.

MBTI - widely rejected for any other theory of cognitive type.

TurdsOfDavid

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Not sure what you mean. And Montressor, OK I will rethink the results. I know about the Forer effect and how strong of a factor it really is in reading what an INTP is after taking those tests. In the end, I was willing to take whatever because it would help me formulate what my personality is.

I think I don't need to worry about this at all. But would that be ignoring the issue, if there are any? I know second guessing is supposedly a part of what it is to be an INTP and here I am doing it.

Maybe I will just drop this damn pidgeon hole shit 8===D~~

Top Bottom