• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Fun Problem

Lost until Found

...Pending...
Local time
Yesterday 7:19 PM
-->
Give an example of a program you could design for 50 students in college if you only had $10 to spend.

Any ideas???

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Do you mean a semester-long class, a single lecture, a hands-on project lasting a week, a school spirit event, or what? Also, what do the students study? Are they science majors, literature majors, history, speech pathology, or what? Do we have indoor space available, and do we have outdoor space available? Will this program be for a grade, or just for fun?

Lost until Found

...Pending...
Local time
-->
Do you mean a semester-long class, a single lecture, a hands-on project lasting a week, a school spirit event, or what?

Whatever $10 can bring you. What you make contributes to how long it will last. It can be as long as you want.

Also, what do the students study? Are they science majors, literature majors, history, speech pathology, or what? Do we have indoor space available, and do we have outdoor space available? Will this program be for a grade, or just for fun?

All random group of students pulled out of the school. Totally random. You have any space you want availble. The program would be for fun.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Sexual Training and Coaching; STC

Students would sign up for sexual training and coaching which allows them to engage in sexual activities for the sake of improving their skills in the art of sex. There would be spaces for straight, gay, bisexual and threesomes. Special request and a fee for fetishes. The $10 would go towards a bus trip to the clinic to get them all tested.

Lost until Found

...Pending...
Local time
-->
Sexual Training and Coaching; STC

Students would sign up for sexual training and coaching which allows them to engage in sexual activities for the sake of improving their skills in the art of sex. There would be spaces for straight, gay, bisexual and threesomes. Special request and a fee for fetishes. The $10 would go towards a bus trip to the clinic to get them all tested.

LOL there might be some issues with the president of the school and many others but good idea :3

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:19 AM
-->
Program: Something that students can go to/use to benifit them or others.

Well obviously. But a computer program? A program on which things they should eat? A program that gradually teaches bullies not to bully etc. "program" can be alot of things.

EDIT: Hey, also; I don't see the fun in this problem. I'd rather go watch football or something like that, than try to figure out something as useless as a 10$ program.. Sorry.

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
Today 12:19 PM
-->
If there is 50 kids make them donate a $1 each and then do a scavenger hunt. Whoever wins get $60. You might as well replace $10 with $0 because you can't buy anything for $10 these days.

Lost until Found

...Pending...
Local time
-->
Well obviously. But a computer program? A program on which things they should eat? A program that gradually teaches bullies not to bully etc. "program" can be alot of things.

EDIT: Hey, also; I don't see the fun in this problem. I'd rather go watch football or something like that, than try to figure out something as useless as a 10$ program.. Sorry.

Not a computer program. Just an event. Any event. It can be a event that teaches something or a event that lets the kids have fun.

Ie. A dance contest in the gym or other large space (we’d rent it out) with the prize being $10 and ‘student of the month’ status to the best dancer. 25 people would bring food (1 food item per person) and 25 would bring drinks (1 drink item per person) so that there’d be refreshments and we wouldn't waste our $10 on food/drinks. I’d use my own money (am I allowed to do that? It doesn’t say I can’t) to buy a disco ball, lights, and speakers (I have a lot of money). We’d do it at night so it’d be dark and like a party. This question states 50 students and it would be 50 who are invited however if those 50 want to invite there friends then they can (I assume I can do this since it says I can’t). In the end, it’d be a party (not for the money as much as for the fun at this point).

The more you use your imagination the funner it can be (i'd assume imagination can create some wacky ideas?). You make it as fun as you choose.

Lost until Found

...Pending...
Local time
-->
Ah, I didn't realize so many of you would think of 'computer program' when I said program. I'd like to clarify by saying when I put 'program' I meant an event or an activity.

Lost until Found

...Pending...
Local time
-->
If there is 50 kids make them donate a $1 each and then do a scavenger hunt. Whoever wins get $60. You might as well replace $10 with $0 because you can't buy anything for $10 these days.

Good idea, and I agree :/ but unfourtuantly it must be $10 or else this wouldn't be a challenge.

This is actually one of the better idea I've heard so far. The competition to get your dollar (and all the extra money) is what makes it competitive+fun for the students. They just need to be good sports about it and understand the risk of loosing there poor $1 ahead of time :D but if they are willing to win $60 while just giving up $1 then it would be fun!

SQ_Minion

Precocious scamp
Local time
Yesterday 9:19 PM
-->
My program:

A game of Humans vs. Zombies. The ten dollars would be spent on simple advertising (posters/flyers). Any number of students could be involved. Skills used/learned: physical fitness, military strategy, vigilance, marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, teamwork.

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
Today 12:19 PM
-->
SQ_Minion wins the thread. I'm even sure it's been done before.

Top Bottom