• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Any Hardcore Gamers Here?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 5:13 AM
-->
I love playing games. Not just videogames and PC games. I also enjoy board and card games.

When it comes to videogames/pc I enjoy playing by myself. I'm not very fond of multiplaying. Videogames have always been my way of relaxing alone.

I play games in almost every genre, except sports like football and golf. =|

I got the new Prince of Persia and it left me quite confused. It is so good in some aspects and so bad in others.

Anyone played it? What did you think of it?

I would say it was an average game. Maybe 4 out of 6 at best. I didn't care for the ending. It just destroyed the one thing you've been working towards in the game. I like sad endings and all, but I think this one was a bit pointless. But it seems a lot of people did like the ending, so go figure.

The fighting felt turn- based (!) and awkward. Considering the previous 3 games, the fighting should have been better. It's been a while since I've played warrior within, but I think that game had the better fighting- style? It was more free and varied.

And you didn't really have to do much over again, when you fell down and Elika had to bring you back up. It wasn't very challenging. (Though, I personally don't necessarily need to be challenged all the time to enjoy a game.)

But the scenery was beautiful. It was very pleasing to the eye. The jumping and running on walls is still entertaining. Story isn't all bad (except the ending). The characters are likable. Though some of their conversation were a bit ...unoriginal.

Overall I did enjoy playing Prince of Persia.

Aces High

Local time
Yesterday 11:13 PM
-->
I'd consider myself a hardcore gamer as well. I play anything from NES to Xbox 360 (though I have a strong dislike for the Wii). Can anyone recommend any games that could be interesting. I recently got signed up for GameFly and am looking for interesting games. I also checked out the thread on this forum about lesser-known games and I've been downloading a few of those, unfortunately my computer is quite old and can't run anything with graphics better than Warcraft II :(.

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:13 PM
-->
I'd consider myself a hardcore gamer as well. I play anything from NES to Xbox 360 (though I have a strong dislike for the Wii). Can anyone recommend any games that could be interesting. I recently got signed up for GameFly and am looking for interesting games. I also checked out the thread on this forum about lesser-known games and I've been downloading a few of those, unfortunately my computer is quite old and can't run anything with graphics better than Warcraft II :(.

Got a PS3? I've spent so much time playing resistance 2 lately.

Aces High

Local time
-->
No, the only reason I have a 360 is because my mom dated a guy with a lot of money who tried to buy back her affection at one point in time. I need suggestions for anything I can rent on Gamefly, Pirate, or run on an emulator (pre-N64).

Ancalion

Local time
Today 6:13 AM
-->
Obsessive gamers here. Got a PC and a PS3 :) Also i played Magic the Gathering and all sort of board games. Now i want Warhammer 40k :D

Aces High

Local time
-->
I have a bunch of Magic cards but no one to play with *sigh*. I have a cracked Warhammer 40k that I play with some people at vo-tech.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:13 AM
-->
. Can anyone recommend any games that could be interesting. I recently got signed up for GameFly and am looking for interesting games. I also checked out the thread on this forum about lesser-known games and I've been downloading a few of those, unfortunately my computer is quite old and can't run anything with graphics better than Warcraft II :(.
If you havent already, Id get a PSone emulator and play all the RPGs I could find, like Breath of Fire IV, Wild Arms 2nd ignition, Chrono Cross, Final fantasy (all of them), Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, etc.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
Today 4:13 AM
-->
I played them all, any preference to narrow the the options down?

Erm, I don't mid really, I used to play runescape, (I quit 'cos I got bored) and since then, I haven't really found anything. I've just got a new laptop, so I don't really know what graphics it can run aswell.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Erm, I don't mid really, I used to play runescape, (I quit 'cos I got bored) and since then, I haven't really found anything. I've just got a new laptop, so I don't really know what graphics it can run aswell.

This ones I mentioned in another thread, check them out (I can give you a hand to start in any of them:

lineage 2 (Okay, its not free, but thats what private servers are for ;))

Sword of the New World (Granado Espada)

Requiem

There is also Rappelz, Shaiya, Perfect World, etc.

If you dont like any of those I will throw another round :D

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
I am now going to try and download Requiem.

Fingers crossed that it'll work =)

Aces High

Local time
-->
I use Epsxe but it lags and that really bothers me. I'll still check some of those out though. When school starts back up I know someone that is going to give me a bunch of free N64 games, but that isn't until Tuesday (if she even remembers to bring them).

Luzian

Local time
-->
The only games I find worth while for n64, is Zelda and Mario

The Ocarina of Time is one of the best games I ever played.

All Zelda games have an expectancy to be well-designed

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Zelda = Love!

It won't let me make an account on Requiem. I shall try again tomorrow.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You will have to lie about your age to register

EDIT: When you enter the game to create your character remember getting into Lintra server, thats where my uber Templar is :p

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
Hmmm... if ePSXe lags, what game were you playing, and how much have you played with the plugins? What plugins were you using?

(We could prob'ly take this to IRC...)

Luzian

Local time
-->
this is the third time I heard of IRC. Is there a specific channel we go to?

Anyone have any suggestions for the least nerdiest IRC client? I'm not into unnecessarily wasting time these days

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
I was flirting with you Luzian?

*Shudders in disgust*

(I'm in now! I've got an account almost!)

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hey Luzian: The server is irc.ecnet.org and the channel #intpforum.com
The leasdt nerdiest client...Well, you could use a webfrontend, like the ones they have on their page (ecnet.org and then in their top-menu "CGI-IRC" or "Java-Chat") or for example mibbit.com/chat. This mibbit gets used by some orthers here ;)
About non-nerdy clients for Windows i don't know much, perhaps "XChat"?

Ogion

Aces High

Local time
-->
It lags for practically every game, though I got it to work pretty well for FFVII (only the audio lagged). Other games like Chrono Cross/FFVIII/etc. just become annoyingly laggy. I messed with the plugins a lot, I even tried different plugins, but my computer is quite old (custom built in 2000) and does not run things well.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
11 hours left on the download............

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
So how's the download coming along?

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
@Aces Processeor and video card are...? (I have a C2D E2180 and GeForce8500, and all runs nicely.

At the OoT people... I did the zelda extreme hardcore run through, where I

Had 3 hearts
Skipped many items (Lens of truth, Bow, Iron Boots, all tunics, etc.)
Did the Shadow Temple FIRST
Never got prelude of light.
Did the kid's spirit temple segment before being an adult.
Had a broken Biggorins sword the whole game.
Oh, never got the goron's bracelet (you go to the Spirit Temple as a kid, get the silver gauntlets, and it works that way.

I can't finish the game, because Ganon OHKO's me...

Google Ocarina of time uber challenge... It's hardcore.

Ben

Local time
-->
I would consider myself a hardcore gamer first and foremost. I own a PS3 Xbox 360 and just recently got a kick ass gaming laptop, and I own around 30+ PS3 and 360 games. (I pirate PC games)

Anyone else consider themselves to be hardcore gamers?

it seems like something INTPs would be into, and yet I haven't seen 1 mention of games on this forum.

I would also call myself a hardcore gamer. And hey, do you have saints row 2 for ps3?

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
So how's the download coming along?
Currently at an INFJ friend of mine's house, and we're watching Anime (and I'm going on INTP forum while it loads) so I can't check, but it finished dowloading yesterday, I've just been busy all day =(

I shall hide inside tomorrow.

Aces High

Local time
-->
@Wisp

Processor is an AMD Athlon and the video card is a 3DLabs Permedia2.

Ancalion

Local time
-->
Hehe does playing World of Warcraft for almost 3 years classify me as a hardcore gamer? If not, then i have to say that i finished Baldur's Gate 2 4 times. :D

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
That's like saying your computer is a Dell.

Not trying to be condescending, but, How many GHz your processor has, amount of RAM, amount of video Ram, is the video card a card, or a chipset built into the motherboard, etc, etc.

Judging from the fact that your video card is a brand I've never heard of, I'd guess it's old. A google search of the name brought up 8MB video cards, which are vastly insufficient to run ePSXe. I don't know if those are what you have, though.

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
Hehe does playing World of Warcraft for almost 3 years classify me as a hardcore gamer? If not, then i have to say that i finished Baldur's Gate 2 4 times. :D

The former classifies you as a gamer with bad taste, the latter as a gamer with good taste... Hmm... Which have you played more?

Ancalion

Local time
-->
Baldur's Gate 2.

Aces High

Local time
-->
My computer sucks...

1.2GHz processor
768MB RAM
8MB of video RAM and it is indeed a card

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Thats not that bad except for the card, getting even an old U$D 50 one will make a huge improvement. My previous machine had a Radeon 9550xt which is really cheap with also 768 MB of RAM and I ran Tomb Raider Legend, Devil May Cry 3, Oblivion, etc (mid settings at around 20 fps, playable). I did have a better processor, but the most important thing is the card.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
And there are a lot of older games which are really good and don't require much.
For example Planescape: Torment. It's one of the best rpgs ever ;)

Ogion

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
Yeah... upgrade that card. Then you should do okay with ePSXe, and a slew of others. You'll see a huge gaming improvement.

Just make sure it's compatible with your motherboard.

Aces High

Local time
-->
Heh...an old ABIT with (for some odd reason) 6 PCI slots.

I'm always broke so I'll stick to real old stuff.

Ancalion

Local time
-->
@Ogion: Hardcore RPGs FTW.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
My computer sucks...

1.2GHz processor
768MB RAM
8MB of video RAM and it is indeed a card

My new computer (not using it yet):

10GHz processor
8GB RAM
500GB hard drive

It was only £340. eBay ftw.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
10GHz? I suppose its a 2.5GHz quad core, right? What card do you have on it?

Im on a Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 GHz (each core of course)
Geforce 8600GT
2GB 800mhz RAM
160 GB hard drive (need another one ASAP)

drosshere

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 8:13 PM
-->
I'm an occasional gamer.. i play cs (1.6 of course), and own an xbox 360, currently playing deadspace but i havent played in a like a week i get too absorbed in it and that game is fucking scary !! I use to play Ultima Online and i sort of want to start again, in my oppinion the best mmog ever made but its soo hard to start up and i dont have any disk space left on my pc :] need a new one...

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
I'm giving up on downloading requiem. The download kept stopping, and it took about eleven hours every time. What else is good again?

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I downloaded it with Torrent back then and it went smoothly (it was fast and you can resume it if your internet disconnects or something), I dont know if its still healthy now, you could try.

If you want to have fun with PvP and level up fast you could download Lineage 2 Gracia and enter some around X15 exp private server. Lineage is one of the best there are.

Then there is Sword of the New World (the free version of Granado Espada), which is interesting because you get to control 3 characters at once, it has very nice designs and music, etc.

Let me know if you dont know how to use torrent or something

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
I own a 360, Wii, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, N64, Genesis, and NES.

Games I play alot are

Mass Effect
Oblivion
GTA IV
Fable 2
Too Human
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 1 & 2
Age of Mythology
World of Warcraft

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Requiem downloaded! *happy dance*

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I guess you will have some patching to do now. Let me know when you get in the game so I show you around. Maybe in IRC?

Top Bottom