• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

About you?

Local time
Today 7:24 PM
-->
we need Extroverts, the World needs a certain amount. (although there are too many, not in this forum. in society)

Parodyofme

Local time
Today 2:24 PM
-->
cheese,

I knew my posts would come under questioning. But in the printout I got after being assessed, it mentions something about recharging one's energy. It says the E's need other people, social interactions, to recharge. What I's need is downtime and solitude. And for all my bounciness in this forum and around my friends, at the end of the day I just want to be alone.

But who knows? My E/I divide must be a lot closer to 50/50 than I thought. Either way, I'm here to stay, and glad to be part of this group! :rolleyes:

Local time
-->
stay, stay....be welcome.

sings2high

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Sings2high

Where are you from?
rural New Jersey. Yes, there really is.

How old are you?

What's your sex?
Female

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?
Took the test for the first time about 20 years ago in graduate school. I was, of course, the only INTP in the room. The prof informed me that in business, INTP's usually ended up in one of two places - the boardroom, or the gutter.
I used the information in MBTI to work on the parts of my personality which were causing the most societal deformation/pain and now I often test as an ENFP - on my warm-and-fuzzy days. The next day, when I'm back to my usual coldly analytical self, I test as INTP again.

How did you find out about this forum?
Google

Do you have a partner/lover?
No, I was married to an ISFJ. I don't recommend that. As the marriage counselor said - if you're going to have only one letter in common, I don't recommend the "I".

Do you have any kids?
Yes, last summer he tested as an INTP. This explains much about his relationship with his dad.

Do you have any pets?
Two cats - Shadow and Tuxedo. Shadow is black and Tuxedo is black and white. We were going to name him Domino, but we found ourselves shouting "NO!" so often, we simply didn't have the heart to put it into his name.

Hardest things about being an INTP?
Tending to details. I really am the "big picture" type. Finding a compatible spouse - even though I don't need much emotional support, I do enjoy shared companionable silences and the physical presence of someone who cares. I think I will miss my son when he goes off to college.

Best things about being an INTP?
Knowing that even though I'm rare and unique, there really are other people with the same general constellation of traits. And I rather like the "absent minded professor" stereotype.

Which hobbies absorb you the most?
reading, singing, fiber arts (currently making my first quilt in 30 years), playing with vintage sewing machines and refinishing antiques.

How do you generate an income?
Computer systems analyst, testing and technical specifications writer.

Artifice Orisit

Computer systems analyst, I can't think of a better name for a INTP job.

What does it involve?

sings2high

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Taking big hairy messes, figuring them out, putting them in order, explaining the solutions to the programmers (ie: technical specifications writer), designing a testing program, performing the testing, documenting the results.

I enjoy it. Being dyslexic, this can only be due to my high pain tolerance.

owmyfetushurts

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:24 PM
-->
cough. hello.

What is your name?

Pat

Where are you from?

Lithuania, theoretically, but i've been here in Chicago for around 98% of my life.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

vagina.

i was conceited in middle school.

google

nah. ideally, i'd like to nip up on a muslim intj.

Do you have any kids?

snort.

Do you have any pets?

a turtle named sandwich, and cockatiel named tikki

painting, reading.

i work at barnes & noble.

Hardest thing about being INTP?

no one else is!

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 8:24 PM
-->
Hello and welcome here, Owmyfetushurts.

May you find interesting discussions ...and the chips bag I lost here last week... :)

owmyfetushurts

Redshirt
Local time
-->
i'm sure i will.
and so i have, and yet i can't bring myself to say too much.
i'll let you experts do the talking.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 7:24 AM
-->
Welcome, fetus.

Sanity, from here on in, is optional.

owmyfetushurts

Redshirt
Local time
-->
that was very. matrix/lordoftherings.

"Welcome, Fetus."

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
I am nothing if not unoriginal, m'fetus.

*bows*

Weneolan

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Where are you from?

The depths of Manitoba.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female.

I discovered the MBTI tests quite some time ago and did a little dabbling, then came back to them about a year or two ago. Pretty much every test I've taken since then has pointed straight to INTP.

Ta-da!

2u5byn9.jpg

I was searching out the personality types for some classmates who were curious about the whole thing. And, well, NTs seem to be far and few between in the graphic design field, so joining up was sure looking attractive.

Nope. And if I cannot find a guy to share a deep platonic relationship with, then I'm content to remain single.

Do you have any kids?

None.

Do you have any pets?

A couple of parakeets and a leopard gecko.

Reading, writing, drawing, pretending I know how to make music, and general contemplation.

The plan is to go into something generally relating to graphic design, being in my last couple of months of college studying same.

Hardest thing(s) about being INTP?

Never feeling connected with anyone, and teetering on the brink of depression and ennui. I actually enjoy the latter sometimes, though that doesn't make it any less difficult.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Oh well, someone new in here - with a nice avatar. I assume you draw it?
I hope that you may find whatever you are looking for in here, our halls of madness and that finally someone is able to jump out of the Introit section to visit the other parts of the board.

PhillyFanWA

Local time
-->
Where are you from?
I am from Washington DC in the United States.

How old are you?

I am 25.

What's your gender?

Male

I was introduced to MBTI through a co-worker. Took a few tests and most came back INTP.

I was reading a description of INTPness and this forum was mentioned.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Despite the avatar, not yet.

Reading, gaming, world affairs, sports, music

I work for a market research company

Being messy and introvert, people generally don't relate well to INTPs. I guess we come off as pricks to the average people.

Weneolan

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Oh well, someone new in here - with a nice avatar. I assume you draw it?
I hope that you may find whatever you are looking for in here, our halls of madness and that finally someone is able to jump out of the Introit section to visit the other parts of the board.

Thanks! I did draw it, yes. I spent some of the morning lurking around other sections and I like what I see; I'll just probably spend another couple of days getting my feet wet before jumping in.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
Hi Weneolan, you're very talented!

Mars

Local time
Tomorrow 5:24 AM
-->
The place between places. That's right, code for l
What is your name?

My name is Martyn.

Where are you from?

Victoria, Australia

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

At High-school we had a careers lady, mother of a friend. she used the MBTI as a guide to get everyone thinking about carrier opportunities and the likes. that was about 4 years ago, since then I have redone the test about 3 times over the years with a consistent INTP result.

This forum eh, like most others really, using my skills at Google Fu. But really, stumbled across it while searching about INTP in Google and there was an interesting link to a thread on this forum. Then I suppose the nature of the posts here seduced me to sign up and participate, something about the relaxed debatable nature with interjections of humor that had me laughing like I had not done so in too long a time.

Unfortunately no. Always seems to vex me that I do not have one, yet I find it a vindication that there is nobody for me to feel obliged to conform to.

Do you have any kids?
Nope

Do you have any pets?

None, however I've buried enough to discourage me from keeping any critters as pets strictly speaking. I usually end up with a resident huntsman spider in my bedroom, closest thing I have to a pet really.

Reading, Thinking, Geometry/Architecture, Music and whatever catches my fancy.

I currently am studying to be a division 2 Nurse. With an erratic employment situation at the moment it's... non existent I am ashamed to say..

Being able to speak freely without having to engage damage control procedures regularly enough to make censoring for the masses :eek:*mock horror* the choice conducive for inception and maintenance of new friendships.

However I must add that the uncharacteristic lack of *1337 speech* on an internet forum just made all the posts present on a much more intelligible plateau, while some errors in spelling were evident they didn't seem out of place due to flowing presentation of concepts. In some strange twist this managed to include that Yoda guy, with the ludicrously twisted sentences... forgot the guys name:(

Last edited:

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
Ummm... welcome (pssst... you've repeated yourself....)

I don't understand how an INTP could contemplate nursing... I mean... the menial drudgery of taking care of other people is the most burdensome and unrewarding task in the world...
:p

I like huntsman spiders. My favourite. :D

lindsayo09

Local time
Today 12:24 PM
-->
in my closet away from all these crazy people!!!
What is your name?

Samantha (last name i will not give)

Where are you from?

i am from cleveland, Casar the back hills :)
How old are you?

18 i'll be 19 in july!
What's your gender?

female

i'm an college student i take classes on line and one class (psychology) said that we should take a test to see what our personality is and i am a INTP

the test gave me this webpage

i have a boyfriend

Do you have any kids?

no

Do you have any pets?

yes! i have one turkey and two hens

what is your interest?

i like reading, writting my own stories (published one) art, been drawing since i was five, hanging with friends, really shy until you get to know me lol but cool :D

Mars

Local time
-->
loveofreason
Nooo! say it aint so!! Must've been tired to repeat myself. *runs back to reread* - *fixes* Geez took me a while to find it, had to read the whole thing through really carefully, then only realised after I stopped for a sec after the end and saw another set of asterisks. haha

as for nursing, my dad was an electromechanical engineer. that industry disappeared leaving him with a qualification valuable for nothing. so nursing is a first port of call to giv ea concrete employment opportunity. thinking or architechture, robotics and mechatronics as a secondary. but saying that, i'm planning on joining the army reserves between doing div2 and div1.

EDIT: the job will get me exposed to a whole range of people, hopefully. which will increase my social encyclopaedia, if ya get what I mean.

funny thing about the huntsman, my brother-in-law harassed one in my sisters room once, then after that it always attacked him whenever he came in the room. lovable pets really. he's a great guy though, just didn't know what hit him with a spider that hated just him.

lindsay09
welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for, be it your course or otherwise. enjoy!!

Artifice Orisit

@-Mars
A huntsman spider? Your Australian?

@-lindsayo09
Can you post a larger version of that image; not knowing what the text means is driving me crazy.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Hi Lindsay, welcome to the forum! Hope you don't mind a bit, er, a lot of madness.

@Cog:

I've a hunch you wouldn't like it. It starts:

"Do you even think about me? Do you even cry yourself to sleep? In the middle of the night when you awake, are you calling out my name? Forget him, forget his name... face... kiss... warm embrace... the love you once knew..."

I don't see any hints that it might be sarcastic. Then again you're softening up. Next thing you'll be like Melkor. :p

Artifice Orisit

*Blasts Kidege's head off with a "Ghost in the Shell" style concealed shotgun*
How dare you, I'll kill you for such slander...

...oh right you can't hear me now. (mental note: speak first, shoot after)

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Tsk, tsk. Such violence. Bet you did like it and now are overreacting for fear we see your big, sweet heart. ;)

Artifice Orisit

It's right here, *Presents a alcohol filled jar with a heart in it*

I'm not so sure if it's sweet, tangy maybe but not sweet.

Mars

Local time
-->
Cognisant
yeah I live in australia, victoria.

just thought that I should add into the end here that I live at home still, only my mother and me, she is an ENTJ. So if my posts sound autocratic it's because I need to batter her imperious nature before I can be treated like an equal on her terms. So, apologies in advance and I hope I can catch on sooner rather than later to this forums atmosphere.

I've tried telling her a personality clash is a major contributor, but that's like telling the ancient Greeks the heliocentric system is false. followed by a no and a NO then a NOOO and then a useless argument for the next 10 minutes[mostly her yelling] or something very similar.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:24 PM
-->
Ah.....my title as forum batsard and general deviant is at stake here.

Odd.. because I happened to bring a stake!

-Jabs the stake deep into Kidges heart, and while she squrims manically he humms a little tune of madness,

Eventually, the squirming stops, and Melkor, delivers the body to Cognisant, before leaving this weird thread-

mikal

Local time
-->
What is your name?
mikal

Where are you from?

croatia

How old are you?

What's your gender?

female

by a friend

I just saw it when I solved the test and find out that I'm intp

no

Do you have any kids?

no

Do you have any pets?

I take care of my brothers cat when he travels

writing short stories, reading, making clothes and bags, listening music, observing,riding my bike, trying to travel..

still student. parents give me money. but I'll find job soon:rolleyes:

people can't understand that I need to be left alone often

Artifice Orisit

Ah.....my title as forum batsard and general deviant is at stake here.

Odd.. because I happened to bring a stake!

-Jabs the stake deep into Kidges heart, and while she squrims manically he humms a little tune of madness,

Eventually, the squirming stops, and Melkor, delivers the body to Cognisant, before leaving this weird thread-
...reminds me of a cat I once had.

Welcome mikal, don't worry this is normal around here.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Hello Mikal! Let me answer to these... g-u-y-s. Sry for the derailment. (When you talked of you pets I read "brother" w/o "cat" ^ ^)

Kidege's body lies on the floor. Her spirit, however, summons a gigantic demon who eats Cognisant and spits the hat.
Kidege's spirit goes back to her now healed body.
"Yay! I have a stake and a hat full of demonic saliva"

PS. If you want to continue let's go to the Arena.

Last edited:

Artifice Orisit

*Holds the door open for Kidege*
What a delightful idea, ladies first.

@-Everyone else
Please excuse our intrusion and welcome to all newcomers.

meshram.alok

Local time
Today 11:54 PM
-->
What is your name?
Alok Meshram

Where are you from?

Bombay, India

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Took the MBTI test sometime ago, and it revealed me to be an INTJ/P. Also, reading about the INTP personality made me feel closer to it.

Link on the test site.

No

Do you have any kids?

No

Do you have any pets?

Not currently, as I'm residing in a hostel. However, I do have a dog at home. She's pretty.

Computer Programming, Reading, Playing Guitar

I'm a student.

To keep a balance between society and reality.

SweetLeaf

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Samantha Bee

Where are you from?

Jackoffville, swampland, united states. earth.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

girlthing.

well, i just started college recently and my first class was a life and career strategies class that was mandatory. they first make you take a personality test to help you with life type stuff.

search engine

yeah.
hes an infp.

Do you have any kids?
nonono

Do you have any pets?

kitty and puppy.

wikipedia, gardening, image collecting.

i have my ways.

"you look so sad all the time. why dont you smile?"
people think im depressed or a cunt becuase i keep a straight face most of the time, which confuses alot of people by me being female and NOT emotional and attention seeking.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
Welcome, recent joinees.

Misanthrope

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:24 AM
-->
What is your name?
Sal

Where are you from?
Vancouver, canada

What's your gender?
femHow did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?
Last week. I originally thought that I may have been ITNJ
search engine

No

Do you have any kids?
none

Do you have any pets?
A 20 lb cat. From my scars, 18 pounds of that appear to be fangs and claws.

Last edited:
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Sal

Where are you from?
Vancouver, canada

What's your gender?
femHow did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?
Last week. I originally thought that I may have been ITNJ
search engine

No

Do you have any kids?
none

Do you have any pets?
A 20 lb cat. From my scars, 18 pounds of that appear to be fangs and claws.

You're awesome. Awesome like a volcano with a core of minted sponge cake. Be extra awesome and post an introduction thread, super TV of destruction. You're brilliant as the TV remote for the matrix is. Go now!

Misanthrope

Redshirt
Local time
-->
reading, studying things that have no real relevance in my life,

office work

Being introverted in an extroverted world.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Welcome, Misanthrope - greetings from a Humanitarian. Please don't hate me.

Misanthrope

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welcome, Misanthrope - greetings from a Humanitarian. Please don't hate me.

Thanks Anthile. Incidentally, I'm the non-trusting kind of misanthrope not the hating kind. I don't like humans, I don't dislike humans. In many ways, humans seem kind of like aliens to me, even myself.

Local time
Tomorrow 7:24 AM
-->
What is your name?

Sizzers or Chris will do just fine :)

Where are you from?

New Zealand, the bottom of the world.

How old are you?

Almost satisfactorily old.

What's your gender?

Male

How did you find out that you were INTP?

Trawling through pages of fascinating psychological information.

Okay, I may just go and make an intro thread to tell you a bit more about myself...

skacraft

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Dan

Where are you from?

Utah, mostly. I feel a stronger patriotism to Texas, where I was born, however.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Was referred to the test from an image board I frequent. I am very interested in psychology and the human condition, and this test seems like a valuable tool in processing people.

results:

Mr. Google.

Never have. Seems interesting enough, and I hope to have that kind of stimulation before I die, but right now, it seems frivolous to "fake" being in love.

Do you have any kids?

No. But I'm not going to dismiss the possibility of it happening someday under the right circumstances. But the possibility is just as great that I won't.

Do you have any pets?

A Golden Retriever. His only concerns are to play, but he puts you under no pressure to do so, so I like him.

Conversation, philosophy, conscious-alteration, the interbutts.

Terrible minimum-wage garbage, in this terrible economy of ours. It's really the primary reason I go to college, is to get away from the people I work with, the lowest levels of human reasoning and potential. Someday it gets better, I'm sure.

Trying to relate to, and be stimulated by, the pointless dribble spewing out of other people's minds. Contemplating the pain others must feel when I realize what a colossal part of someone's life I can be when they are just a distraction. Going along with conversations in large groups of people without correcting people's mistakes, and avoiding looking like a complete douchebag. Grand questions of the universe and existence that no one ever has anything interesting to add to. Sympathy from others for my disinterest in sex and most women in general.
tl;dr: Intellectual Isolation.

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
-->
What is your name? vinnie, vinneh, Q, sony. pretty much whatever people can identify me most with. Names are given to you by others right :confused:

Where are you from? California born and raised

How old are you? 18

What's your gender? Male

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type? Facebook shennanigans, then followed up with the mypersonality.info thing and ended with.

results:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

How did you find out about this forum? I went through a INTP facebook group b/c i scored INTP there:confused:, then i explored and ended up here.

Do you have a partner/lover? No, but would be interested in one.

Do you have any kids? :eek: i hate kids

Do you have any pets? 3, 2 shnauzers (however the hell you spell it) and 1 yorkie

Which hobbies absorb you the most? World domination plans, video games with ALOT of mind games, day dreaming, cooking, eating.

How do you generate an income? Used to work at starbucks but i lost my motivation and quit. LEACH FTW!

Hardest thing about being INTP? The fact that people never understand my ideas or jokes and just look at my funny :(.

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
-->
zzzz my post got BBQed

kchikage

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 2:24 AM
-->
What is your name?

Preferred to be named Kamio Chikage (means thousand shadow of god's tail) or Jammy online...

Where are you from?

It's private...

How old are you?

What's your gender?

female

Asked by teacher to take some kind of career test and ended up with a personality test.

Google

no

Do you have any kids?

no

Do you have any pets?

Pets that don't belong to me...

Digging into information, especially mathematics, physics, psychology, psychiatry. Drawing when I'm not lazy. lol Solving challenging task. Puzzles when I'm not LAZY again...

Selling ideas to my schoolmate most probably.

Unable to express what idea I came up because of a little language disorder. Creating a distance with people I'm close to. Acting alien =.= Think too much. Being taken easy by most adults and thinks that I'm kidding or showing off. Having difficulty in socializing. Likes to work alone (but I'll stick to this attitude) Lack of self confidents when come to judging. Great changes of personality from time to time. Feeling unresonable stress when unable to analyse things.

Insanity

Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Mike.

Where are you from?

Arizona, US

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Was on a typical, bored at work, Wikipedia rabbit trail and came across the MBTI. Then found myself totally addicted.

Google

Yes, my wonderful wife of three years. She is an ENFJ.

Do you have any kids?

Expecting in August our first child.

Do you have any pets?

Two Pembroke Welsh Corgi's, Sherlock and Yoda.

Last edited:

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Brandon...People like to call me Brando

Where are you from?

Vancouver, BC

How old are you?

I am 22.

What's your gender?

Male

Took a test in a magazine...didn't think it was reliable so I retook it online...turns out it was...

Googlishis

Yup...

Do you have any kids?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllll no

Do you have any pets?

helllllllllllllllllllllll no

Solfege

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Solfege will do fine.

Where are you from?

I currently live in New York, though I was born elsewhere.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Biologically female, but I identify as more or less androgynous.

The first test I took a few years ago typed me as INTJ, but since I didn't identify with it very much, I dismissed it. Some time later, I came across the MBTI again, this time researching more in-depth. I waver between INTP and INFP, but I seem to feel more at home among the former.

Google search (surprising, I know).

Do you have any pets?

Yes--one feisty turtle.

I'm not sure what the hardest thing is, but my lack of focus and discipline certainly frustrates me. Also, I can't help but feel like an alien infant sometimes. People walk past me, deem me interesting if harmlessly awkward, smile strangely, and proceed to go about their usual business (not always literally, but you get the idea).

Reading, video games, music (I play the piano and a few traditional Chinese instruments), taking apart and putting together languages, holding conversations with imaginary people.... I dabble in writing, though I can never seem to finish any stories.

Trayal

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Paul.

Where are you from?

Originally born and raised in Provo, Utah. Now living in Salt Lake City.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male.

My best friend had me take the test a few years ago. At the time I tested INTJ (barely) but all subsequent tests have me steadily moving further into Perceiving.

All hail Google!

Married four years, to a Chinese ESTJ.

Do you have any kids?

One; 9 month old son.

Do you have any pets?

One seven year old parakeet named "birdie" cuz i couldn't ever decide on a name I liked.

Top Bottom