• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 12:04 AM
-->
@Elen
I’m afraid this is not a one-time experience. I have seen the insides of innumerable male locker rooms, and they all usually smell like feces.

Yes I was inside a female locker room once, it was like stepping into an alternate reality
stop living in 2019 and live in 2020, and by that, I mean identify as a woman.
bam, problem solved.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:04 PM
-->
What if time travel was invented by a person who wanted to alter the circumstances of their birth to be their preferred gender only to realize. To realize that in choosing their gender at birth they no longer wished to be the opposite gender and thus had no reason to invent time travel. There are now two paths in time. One where they were always there preferred gender and the one where they are not.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
Yesterday 10:04 PM
-->
What if time travel was invented by a person who wanted to alter the circumstances of their birth to be their preferred gender only to realize. To realize that in choosing their gender at birth they no longer wished to be the opposite gender and thus had no reason to invent time travel. There are now two paths in time. One where they were always there preferred gender and the one where they are not.
Animekitty is doing this thread right.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:04 AM
-->
now that I've quit nicotine I feel like I have to start dating again or something to fill the stimulus void

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
now that I've quit nicotine I feel like I have to start dating again or something to fill the stimulus void
Be reasonable serac, nicotine is clearly healthier than dating.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
@Rebis It isn't the crack so much as you took at least 4 different kinds of mind altering drugs in the span of 4 days. A couple of them known for inducing trance-like states and known for lasting for a long time. Altogether it will take a while to rinse your system. Depending on dosages some of them could stick with you for many days and even then the hangover might not hit for a couple more days. Though at 6 days out you should be coming back down to earth.

It is absolutely amazing you had such an experience especially if any of those were your first time. Just be gentle with yourself and maybe confirm the girl had a similar experience. You were fucking pickled. She may remember a totally different set of events plus you have spent more time with the version of her you created in your mind than you did with the actual physical girl. She almost certainly isn't the same as the creature you've created in your mind. I hope it all works out but take it slow.

I've taken far more in the same span of days and it never had the same effect.

Yeah I was pickled and aware of that. Regardless, I don't think we should negate sensations simply because they're a product of unusual neurochemical reactions. We shared a lot of our internal workings and she surely would have a different interpretation of events because I got excessively excited but we'll see each other in the future on a levelled plane. I knew she wouldn't be the idyllic totem in my head but I can't dismantle its existence until I met them again in reality. I like how you interpreted the situation, good self-awareness there: I suppose you've done the same with someone in the past or they have with you.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm in any detail that we shared an intense emotional experience as they have a bf we go to similar events and hang around with the same friends, it's best left unsaid until we meet each other at a club some other time. Any discussion on my side is too risky, both in consolidating a friendship and the possibility of fallout approaching them in such an intense manner.

It was a fantastic experience: No proportionally intense comedown, the experience was revitalizing.

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Rebis You just had your first taste of crack, I mean like the drug, anyway point is take it easy and pace yourself because even if nothing goes wrong the fact remains what goes up must come down, you're very high at the moment, take care coming down.
Are you sure? My friend suspected what we took was crack, so if you're absolutely sure then I'll go by that. In terms of readmission that won't be a problem.

It has been 6 days though, I mean if we were to get technical more like 5 days and 10 hours

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
"These weren't in excess compared to amounts I've taken before."

You're familiar with what should be expected. Only because drugs and a relationship is involved would I suggest caution as you don't yet know the true source of these insights. I do recommend however taking some personal time to meditate and see where the thoughts lead.

I didn't meditate but I thought on it, thanks.

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Elen
I’m afraid this is not a one-time experience. I have seen the insides of innumerable male locker rooms, and they all usually smell like feces.

Yes I was inside a female locker room once, it was like stepping into an alternate reality

The locker-rooms I've been in smell ok, they do smell stale though likely because of old architecture. They don't smell of roses but that's to be expected.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Its 2020, lets all identify as gender fluid, and pick the gender more useful for current situations!
its so cool, we are like that one pokemon that can change type!
frog one?

Rebis

Local time
-->
Its 2020, lets all identify as gender fluid, and pick the gender more useful for current situations!
frog one?

When you're an asshole but want to avoid restitution so you do the old switcheroo and change your gender, sexual orientation and self-define a mental-health disorder after feeling sad so you can be included in the minority and generate a victim complex, to which you claim oppression which perceptibly makes people feel wary of criticising your character.

Disclaimer: is a joke and isn't directed at anyone other than the hypothetical Asshole that bends social perceptions to appear as a victim.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
frog one?

When you're an asshole but want to avoid restitution so you do the old switcheroo and change your gender, sexual orientation and self-define a mental-health disorder after feeling sad so you can be included in the minority and generate a victim complex, to which you claim oppression which perceptibly makes people feel wary of criticising your character.

Disclaimer: is a joke and isn't directed at anyone other than the hypothetical Asshole that bends social perceptions to appear as a victim.
stop hating the player and hate the game, rebs.
(was jok)

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
It seems that the level of humanity in the meat industry is directly related to the awareness of the consumer, not human decency. This is not surprising in the slightest, so many areas are just this. It usually isnt human decency that regulates, its the profit and tolerance. The people with less empathy do bad things for higher profit, meanwhile the more empathetic people are too busy to realize how shady things are, and since they never get their hands dirty, they dont get upset enough to act.
Everyone is too busy to really ask the right questions, consider the right things, you cant expect people to do the right things, when they dont know what they are.

Everything is so shit. why though?
Humans have so much potential for good, but we have all of these little cognitive defects that allow the terrible few, to thrive.
Modern life is so busy and detached, we see so few of the gears that make this machine work. Humans aren't pure enough to be left unchecked.

We all have so many issues that it's hard to focus on the world around us.
everyone is so busy and closed off, myself included. Everyone is so busy cutting a path for themselves, that they dont see how the others are being left behind. You never notice that everyone has been left behind, unless you stop moving forward, and look around.

We were never taught to appreciate things. And we never really learn to, or if we do, its a very individual experience. Nobody is holding your hand, telling you that you need to, not until you are ready to kill yourself. Most people dont even have a person to confide in, so its your little advice person that you pay, that ends up telling you.
School doesn't teach this.

What a funny system, we spend most of our lives learning about meaningless stuff outside of us, but we never learn about the things inside. Im sorry, but why do I need to know who assassinated Abraham lincoln, before learning about how to be a healthy, balanced individual? Oh is it the parent's job to teach kids to be healthy individuals? Thats fantastic, but we know that most parents are working and barely a part of their children's lives. So many life lessons and skills are never being taught.
Also, how is memorizing history more important than understanding how humans work?
I cannot recall a single time I have ever actually needed history information, to make it through my day, other than a school history test. I think its so much more than just teaching, people need to communicate and be challenged to grow, people must come to their own conclusions. It would seem most people cant do this on their own, and so thats kind of an issue. Oh, also the communication has to be genuine and honest, which is almost impossible to find at this point.(IRL)

Skjermbilde 2020-02-11 kl. 11.12.04 pm.png

Rebis

Local time
-->
It's 5:30 I've only slept like an hour

Damnit, the stars have forsaken me as I didn't align mt chakra with phobos' retrograde. If only I wasn't a taurus :/

"What's the use of tofu? "

I wouldn't use it as a sock, that's for sure.

dec7c3182640a2773113c208e024876d.jpg

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
It seems that the level of humanity in the meat industry is directly related to the awareness of the consumer, not human decency. This is not surprising in the slightest, so many areas are just this. It usually isnt human decency that regulates, its the profit and tolerance. The people with less empathy do bad things for higher profit, meanwhile the more empathetic people are too busy to realize how shady things are, and since they never get their hands dirty, they dont get upset enough to act.
Everyone is too busy to really ask the right questions, consider the right things, you cant expect people to do the right things, when they dont know what they are.

Humans have so much potential for good, but we have all of these little cognitive defects that allow the terrible few, to thrive.
Modern life is so busy and detached, we see so few of the gears that make this machine work. Humans aren't pure enough to be left unchecked.

everyone is so busy and closed off, myself included. Everyone is so busy cutting a path for themselves, that they dont see how the others are being left behind. You never notice that everyone has been left behind, unless you stop moving forward, and look around.

We were never taught to appreciate things. And we never really learn to, or if we do, its a very individual experience. Nobody is holding your hand, telling you that you need to, not until you are ready to kill yourself. Most people dont even have a person to confide in, so its your little advice person that you pay, that ends up telling you.

What a funny system, we spend most of our lives learning about meaningless stuff outside of us, but we never learn about the things inside. Im sorry, but why do I need to know who assassinated Abraham lincoln, before learning about how to be a healthy, balanced individual? Oh is it the parent's job to teach kids to be healthy individuals? Thats fantastic, but we know that most parents are working and barely a part of their children's lives. So many life lessons and skills are never being taught.
Also, how is memorizing history more important than understanding how humans work?
I cannot recall a single time I have ever actually needed history information, to make it through my day, other than a school history test. I think its so much more than just teaching, people need to communicate and be challenged to grow, people must come to their own conclusions. It would seem most people cant do this on their own, and so thats kind of an issue. Oh, also the communication has to be genuine and honest, which is almost impossible to find at this point.(IRL)

View attachment 5108
But what is empathy? It's not sympathy
Regardless. Why not let the weakest link become the strongest?

Rebis

Local time
-->

View attachment 5108
But what is empathy? It's not sympathy
Regardless. Why not let the weakest link become the strongest?
What do you mean the weakest link?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Man, I just love people who have dog-shit taste in music and play it on loudspeakers, forcing everyone around to listen to it. These people should be sent to a separate island along with rapists and child molesters

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
-->
The older I get the more I believe in the deeply altruistic potential of each individual human being even as I become more disappointed with people in general.

I really don't hold grudges against people but I also have no desire to know people very deeply because they will ultimately be disappointing.

Maybe I live in a self manufactured state of delusion.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Cheese sauce in microwave dinners is the worst.

Tomten

Local time
-->
Man, I just love people who have dog-shit taste in music and play it on loudspeakers, forcing everyone around to listen to it. These people should be sent to a separate island along with rapists and child molesters
So they can annoy the rapists and child molesters instead? Good thinking.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
aaannnnd 3 hours and four broken pieces of thread later, my leather zippo pocket has been added to my boot. It matches, and zippo doesnt fall out even if boot is held upside-down and shaken violently. I had no idea how useful an awl was before this.
Message_1581553621954.jpg
yehboi.jpeg

Rebis

Local time
-->
I'm looking to archive a lot of research papers so I can cite for future reference, does anyone suggest effective methods to doing this?

I use OneNote currently, websites like NCBI feels limited. Making an arXiv account as we speak.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
How to be new intpf user:
1. mbti is perfect, everyone fits perfectly into their own box.
2. IQ is important, mine is rly high trust me.
3. Be autistic (doesnt have to be announced)
4. Ask questions about basic human thing, to see if its intp
5. quickly become uncomfortable, no longer being the smartest person in the room.
6. realize the forum has an old population and you have to establish yourself.
7. Leave or put in the slight effort to be recognized as a user who wont lurk and leave in three days.
8. stay and ask for help surviving life
9. die?

nobody pays attention to new users because they never stay.
Its scary how similar every new user starts out.
I fell into every one of these, I think.

Rebis

Local time
-->
5. quickly become uncomfortable, no longer being the smartest person in the room.
7. Leave or put in the slight effort to be recognized as a user who wont lurk and leave in three days.
9. die?

Think I'm dropping the 8th one, I truly think social media plays a large role in this: Everyone posts anything they think about. I on the other hand kept my thoughts to myself as I know the people I'm friends with are generally idiots. I'll get blasted to high smitherines by someone that takes drugs everyday and wonders why they have depression. I somehow left the shitposting for the intp forum as I know the gang has mad respect, but ultimately it's just shit posting. I don't even want anyone to respond to it, I feel embarassed just talking the biggest load of bullshit. It's just a negative feeling talking about whimsical emotions, so I'm going to moderate how long I post on here and the content that's discussed. No real life drama unless it's crazy interesting.

It's so easy to shitpost ,so stop taking the easy route y'all. Context over content.

I feel mgs
influenced me as I grew up I played this game when I was 6 or 7, mgs2 stuck with me as one of my all-time favourites. Yet, looking back everyone seems to hate it, it was the lose cannon (philosophcially speaking). Contends with MGS4 too.

Rebis

Local time
-->
9. die?

Think I'm dropping the 8th one, I truly think social media plays a large role in this: Everyone posts anything they think about. I on the other hand kept my thoughts to myself as I know the people I'm friends with are generally idiots. I'll get blasted to high smitherines by someone that takes drugs everyday and wonders why they have depression. I somehow left the shitposting for the intp forum as I know the gang has mad respect, but ultimately it's just shit posting. I don't even want anyone to respond to it, I feel embarassed just talking the biggest load of bullshit. It's just a negative feeling talking about whimsical emotions, so I'm going to moderate how long I post on here and the content that's discussed. No real life drama unless it's crazy interesting.

It's so easy to shitpost ,so stop taking the easy route y'all. Context over content.

I feel mgs
influenced me as I grew up I played this game when I was 6 or 7, mgs2 stuck with me as one of my all-time favourites. Yet, looking back everyone seems to hate it, it was the lose cannon (philosophcially speaking). Contends with MGS4 too.
Thank god I didn't grow up watching David Lynch, that guy has more fucked up dreams than I do.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I feel mgs influenced me as I grew up I played this game when I was 6 or 7, mgs2 stuck with me as one of my all-time favourites. Yet, looking back everyone seems to hate it, it was the lose cannon (philosophcially speaking). Contends with MGS4 too.
Thank god I didn't grow up watching David Lynch, that guy has more fucked up dreams than I do.
I wish I had played that, I saw a yt video about it, very cool.
<.<
It is cool to have a diary of your thoughts though...

Rebis

Local time
-->
I tend to make diaries but never actually look over them. Literally 1000s of notes over the years and they're rarely revisited.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I'm in the process of trying to just completely hiding in my room. I just wanna read in my room and not be dragged out for socialising, forever trying to decode and impress socialites. Social activities are exhausting and I don't feel myself, it tajes up like a whole day to socialise and you pretty much do nothing. In a whole day you could watch sci-fi movies, read papers and learn a lot of shit. Cook your own food instead of quick bites to eat, exercise and not have to deal with bullshit.

Peace at last

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I sort of realized Ive never had a relationship, and im actually past the point of wanting one. Not sure If I should be sad or proud?
I tend to make diaries but never actually look over them. Literally 1000s of notes over the years and they're rarely revisited.
being able to see your thoughts and analyze them is the best part, but the ability to look back is also nice.
I think a bit too fast to really analyze on the spot, maybe thats not the norm?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
what actually is the point in an iq test?
score high: bragging rights
score low: learned helplessness?
I could see schools and jobs asking for it, but why would you take your own time to find out?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I could see schools and jobs asking for it, but why would you take your own time to find out?
yeah every time I hear someone saying stuff like "einstein had an IQ of 300" or whatever, I'm thinking imagine someone asking einstein to take an IQ test. He would be like: wtf is the point of that, I might find out 1) I have an IQ of 65, I'm still going to make the theory of relativity, 2) I have an IQ of 300, I'm still going to make the theory of relativity

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
Same reason people are insecure about their dick size, except with IQ we get to use our imagination since it's not concrete... more dickscrete. Sorry..

Rebis

Local time
-->
People take tests to feel validated, IQ is no different. I think IQ has a subconscious grip on people, or at least people with our personality type or maybe it's just forum dwellers.

"I score big in a test which assesses a proficiency I would like to integrate into my identity."

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I used to think IQ was important, then I met a few geniuses.
they were complete losers, morbidly obese, wasting their lives.
hey guys, im 70lbs of fat from being a genius!

JV1Qph6ppB1MY5fyPHR4t6haAO_PR_x2JQQWPO5w9AE.jpg

Rebis

Local time
-->
I think my english is trash but I don't think it's important. Grammar, punctuation and such are relatively unimportant in communicating information. When we look back in the past information was structured because the actual communication of written information was rare: Perhaps I'd write a letter to a loved one once a day, so to show I care I think about what I'm writing, structure it so it has a distinctive flow and then send it, awaiting a response like 3 days later. Since communication is instantenous, in most cases making the perfect message is not required when you can refactor, add and supplement a message immediately after you've sent it. Obviously this shows a lack of care but if you're typing a fuck tonne then it's only going to slow you down if you pay attention to structure.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Having an automatic sports car is a lot like having a super hot girlfriend, who happens to also be your mom.
nobody is jealous

Inexorable Username

Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
@Rebis

On the whole, I completely see where you're coming from. Most online venues are like that. Youtube and twitter, for instance. Social media websites seem to be places people go to more or less talk to themselves. (Myself included!).

I feel, though, that the venue we choose and the amount we choose to write are both reflections of the results we seek. On INTPf, for instance, people write to receive constructive feedback and/or praise/validation or reassurances. When you're governed by that expectation, you tend to write more, and you tend to address more complex topics.

Here on INTPf, I've definitely run into posts that weren't written in a way that is well-suited to the writer's desired results. Lack of commas seems to be common. Run on sentences and rambling paragraphs, too. This happens a lot in the context of a debate/discussion, and in instances like this, it can be really difficult to (A) interpret what the speaker means to say, and (B) extract the critical points and address them individually.
It takes a lot more effort. I've been guilty of skipping posts that visually come across as word spaghetti when attempting to catch up on a forum discussion. Just looking at them makes my eyes glaze over.

Of course, I'm also guilty of demonstrating this behavior, as well. I've noticed that I'm not the only person on INTPf that seems to type while they think. More often than not, my usage of grammar is more like an expression of how my brain is processing information. It's why I use so many hyphens, parenthesis, and.....(stuff like that - I mean, I can't help it.)...(Yes, you can. Stop making excuses for yourself.)

Honestly, as long as you are clearly expressing what it is you mean to say, I agree with you. I think proper grammar/spelling is unnecessary. At that point, it just becomes an exercise in civility. And really, Rebis, I don't think I've ever had trouble interpreting your posts. You appear to possess a very clear presence of mind.

I do believe, though, that in venues of communication like forums, where response times are not instantaneous and posts tend to be significantly longer than instant-message-style communications, decent grammar and an effort to clearly structure your writing goes a long way. Again, we post because we seek. On other platforms, like Twitter, I really do believe that people just post as a means of expressing themselves to the world, more often than not. The expectations, if indeed there are any, are not high. Here, they are. So it behooves people to work to improve the art of delivering information, so they can yield optimal results, and achieve better mastery over their skills in writing and communication. Just to make a point regarding the length of time until a response, further to what you mentioned, I recently posted on a "racist" thread someone started here. (A thread about racism). I just wanted to know if my opinions were still welcome (seeing as how there had already been a fairly significant conversation and I wasn't sure if they were trying to tie things up). However, by the time the person responded, my "free block" of time was already used up, and the response had to go on my "to do list of posts I mean to write but am not sure when I will have the time to do them justice". So, definitely, the lag in response on a platform like this, as compared to other platforms such as twitter, makes this venue of communication more unique when compared to the majority of expressive platforms on the web.

For me, moving forward, I'd like to ramble less. I'd also like to focus on making clear points, and reiterating what I am saying. I want to be more concise, and I want to think before I write. Being here, for me, is a chance to improve my abilities to communicate with others. (That's what my inner procrastinator tells me, at any rate). I've tried infographics - they seem fairly decent. I might do that for the racist thread.

In the end, I think you're mostly right. In regards to you, in particular, I don't think grammar/spelling/punctuation is really an issue. You type very clearly. For other members, though, I think the responses they get are limited to the work it takes to interpret what they're saying. On a semi-long communication venue such as this one, it's impractical to ask a bunch of questions and wait for clarification before voicing your views. As a result, a lot of words motives and meanings are inferred which may not be accurate.

As an aside, that happens a lot to me, for instance. In particular, I find that people often read a lot of emotion into my writing where there is none. It's sort of frustrating. I make it excessively clear when I'm writing emotionally, I think, by using lots of little text faces, ostentatiously abusing punctuation and capitalization, and incorporating other such decorations to illustrate my state of passion. I feel pretty much nothing when I write in a bland way, such as this. Disclaimers can help mitigate the emotional reactions that often culminate in some kind of misinterpretation of my intent from the reader's POV.

Looking this over....I think I did better this time about being clear, and not rambling. Yay for me. Progress. I am learning to human.

Rebis

Local time
-->
We need some Europeans here. Seriously. Where's European Colonists when you need them?
Me, Serac, Marbles and dragula are close to each other in timezones.

Meanwhile: PeopleSuck, Inex, Daddy and Endrogen are in America, Grey Man in Canada which easily a 6 hour Difference. RB, Hado, Washti, Cog and a few others are around Australia-Asia.

I respond during the day and then at like 1:00am everyone piles on their responses. I need some Day juice, not 2:00am Juice.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Well idk what can be done with this, really. Situation kinda helpless.
As long as Poland is in Asia I must be from Australia.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
-->
I always thought Norwegians and Australians had an odd affinity for this forum. For a long time it was populated almost entirely by members in the UK and Australia with one outlier in Germany and another in Mexico City.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I got tinder gold last month, most of us have a shot at it. It expired today. My likes had been stable for a while with no major fluctuation.Today i go on tinder and I have an extra 15 likes and matched with 4 additional people. What a holdout.

P.S Tinder gold is a dumb purchase, I've bought it twice in the last few years. What is was good for was unlimited swipes: I would just sit down in one moment and like every single person. It'd take like 15 minutes for the initial breeze, and then 1-2 minute add-ons every day or two. Being picky takes up too much time, I can pick people after I match with them.

Rebis

Local time
-->
"Yes of course, who has time.
But then, if we do not ever take time,
How can we ever have time?"

Tomten

Local time
-->
I sometimes imagine going back in time and becoming the child I was while keeping the memories of this life. I imagine what I would do differently this time around.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I sometimes imagine going back in time and becoming the child I was while keeping the memories of this life. I imagine what I would do differently this time around.
I do this too, particularly around people that are younger than me. I try not to lecture them because I know I wouldn't like to be talked to in that manner. A lot of people learn from their mistakes and subsequently try to tell others in a condescending fashion not to make said mistakes, but most of these mistakes are something you need to work out for yourself. I wouldn't be here without going through the winger, and for the most part the same logic applies to them.

Top Bottom