• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

The Random Thoughts Thread

QuickTwist

Alive - Born Anew
Local time
Today, 16:48
My walks are the tip of the fucking iceberg.

QuickTwist

Alive - Born Anew
Local time
Today, 16:48
You're going to have to make a choice between serving machine or starting over. Make sure you are on the right side.

Polaris

Radioactive vision
Local time
Today, 10:48
When you're sitting there one moment all depressed, doom and gloom and suddenly the next moment your cat comes skidding across the tiled floor and drifts around the corner like a WRC rally car complete with sound effects.

Polaris

Radioactive vision
Local time
Ever get that weird feeling where you've engaged in a discussion with someone and ended up arguing something that you don't actually believe?

I notice I do that quite a lot. What's the fucked up psychology behind that kind of behaviour....

Polaris

Radioactive vision
Local time
Local time
Today, 22:48
America: the people pay for their own healthcare, they pay to keep waitresses and the like going, there are a load of prisoners working for basic food and shelter, there's rampant consumerism, taxing, etc.. It seems as if the government would have all the money and power and the citizens nothing but it turns out the government are in massive debt yet despite that everyone's doing just fine. Then elections are a big personality contest where it's a toss up between one candidate from the eighteenth century and one from the twenty-first. :question: Can an American explain this to me without flagellating me for my impression of Republicans and explaining to me the evil of the Democrats. I don't care about either tbh.

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
Today, 17:48
America: the people pay for their own healthcare, they pay to keep waitresses and the like going, there are a load of prisoners working for basic food and shelter, there's rampant consumerism, taxing, etc.. It seems as if the government would have all the money and power and the citizens nothing but it turns out the government are in massive debt yet despite that everyone's doing just fine. Then elections are a big personality contest where it's a toss up between one candidate from the eighteenth century and one from the twenty-first. :question: Can an American explain this to me without flagellating me for my impression of Republicans and explaining to me the evil of the Democrats. I don't care about either tbh.
What's the point in explaining, if you're not an American? It won't fix anything. At this point, people just need to vote to remove the bullshitters and get some professionals back in office regardless of what party.

Local time
Today, 15:48
Explaining this thoroughly in as non- biased of a way possible would take pages of posts from multiple Americans.

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time
Today, 22:48
Obama added about $7 trillion to US debt – one of the biggest increases as % of GDP in history

also not sure if "rampant consumerism and tax" is a uniquely US phenomenon

that being said, I should probably not talk too much about US, I live in a different universe over here in scandinavia and have no clue what it's like

onesteptwostep

Think.. Be... ..buzz buzz :)
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:48
I find that when Im profoundly depressed I look towards intellectual/academic material to try and satisfy my emotional needs. Like Maslows hierarchy of needs.

And so I let it go, and pray.

Local time
Today, 17:48
You're right. It's becoming an increasingly scary place likely headed towards major conflict. I suspect some might see this statement as alarmist because they lack historical perspective and we've likely been at war for most of, if not all of their life. Though it's a societal phase, it's still dangerous. I write this following news that we've backed out of a nuclear arms treaty with Russia and that Europe may enter an arms race to compensate.

We've grown a powerful establishment willing to take advantage of fearmongering to the extent that we trust politicians more than our fellow man/neighbor. They've identified clusters of people united under shared opposition. People in these groups will accept any loosely plausible belief about or criticized by their perceived enemies. Criticize them for believing the inauguration crowd size was large, and they huddle closer together to prop up their own wounded egos. Criticize them for believing in wide scale voter fraud, and the process repeats. Keep criticizing; "Fake news! The tax cuts are beneficial! Women claiming to be abuse victims just want to ruin men's lives!." The literally thousands of lies leave them feeling "cornered" with their only exit to support the people who purport to be their leaders who will defend them from the imaginary enemies they see in their fellow man. Attempts to show them the truth with counter-evidence are rebutted, because it's coming from the ever-expanding ranks of "the enemy." They are delusional, and must be treated as such, which means changing from the inside out (Meet "Beau.").

Domestic forces that could alter this trajectory through the democratic process are being suppressed, through the combination of consumerism's materialistic goals, low wages, and constant work you've mentioned, but also prisons, harsh sentencing for nonviolent offenses, drug addiction, gerrymandering, psychographic advertising, psychological manipulation, censorship, and voter suppression of minorities.

It's reached the point where, because we've accepted lies about minorities looting during natural disasters and thus shut down counties to exclude rescue volunteers for fear of them being looters, "we value two vans full of wet TVs more than we do human life" to paraphrase "Beau":

onesteptwostep

Think.. Be... ..buzz buzz :)
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:48
Don't dogs have like some super saliva where it makes their mouths clean? Or was that another animal

Top Bottom