• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, including GMAIL, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

The Random Thoughts Thread

This deserves its own thread IMO.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
I'd rather not have an entire thread dedicated to that issue. At the time, it was a random thing I wanted to vomit into the void.

I know that state borders are just lines on a map, but I think we can all tell when we've crossed a border, without having to be told.

i wonder if your ability to make good decisions in dreams correlates with your ability to make good decisions in real life

i sure hope not

Jennywocky

guud languager
The best things about decisions in dreams is that I usually forget the dream a few minutes later but have to live with real-life decisions forever.

Serac

Prolific Member
I had a lucid dream once and in it I made 2 decisions: I flew and I banged a hot ass chick.

Those are high-quality decisions if you ask me.

Serac

Prolific Member
A theory about why INTPs have so few friends: when you are self-conscious in social situations, you appear as less trustworthy because you will constantly manage other's perception of you.

The Grey Man

That's part of it definitely. Another part might be silence taken for dishonesty or a holding back of judgmental thoughts. Another might be reserve taken for haughtiness. Another might be a reluctance to expend energy engaging other people socially that leaves them to do all the work and de-incentivizes the maintenance of the rapport :cat:

But that's all been mentioned somewhere, sometime. And I'm INTJ anyway, if higs is to be believed.

Last edited:

Serac

Prolific Member
Yes the energy thing is definitely important. If one doesn't match their energy and fall way below, that is taken as a dismissive sign. I have felt that myself when I have met people even more introverted than me. You feel somewhat offended.

But to me, the thing with managing other's impression of you is an interesting paradox, almost. Because the only way to mitigate that is to become less socially aware, in some sense. Obviously there is a balance, as you don't want to come off as socially retarded, but at the same time you have to trust that you can act like your natural self without fearing becoming socially rejected by everyone.

Last edited:
Yeah, for me it is analysis paralysis. That is what stops me flat in groups.

Creeping Death

For my entire life up until a minute ago, I never knew what the phrase "knock on wood" meant. I've always heard it from random people at random times and never noticed a pattern that would hint me towards its meaning. I never bothered to ask since it was never important for me to do so and so I wouldn't look dumb for not knowing what such a common saying means. Now that I finally consult google, I realize it's quite pointless and stupid. I will never use this term in casual conversation.

Animekitty

World A.I. transfomantion is Near
When a person is sedated and does things they act like a zombie and do not know what they are doing until later, not sedated. That is me in my dreams. I am sedated, I do stuff and I am only consciously aware I did stuff when I wake up. Every time I am conscious in my dream automatically it is a lucid dream. I am never conscious in my dream and not aware I am dreaming. I never believe the dream is real, I know I am in a dream when conscious. My dreams feel like I am in a cave.

AmacdaTNPI

AnonymousINTP
When a person is sedated and does things they act like a zombie and do not know what they are doing until later, not sedated. That is me in my dreams. I am sedated, I do stuff and I am only consciously aware I did stuff when I wake up. Every time I am conscious in my dream automatically it is a lucid dream. I am never conscious in my dream and not aware I am dreaming. I never believe the dream is real, I know I am in a dream when conscious. My dreams feel like I am in a cave.
I work out many of my problems in my sleep through this lucidity and I have a pure conscious thought that allows me to tackle problems(during my lucid dreams). I believe off of scientific analysis and inferences that during your dreams you have the most access to your subconscious and unconscious mind so I try to take advantage of it with the mind-set/state that I can figure out more about problems with this access as long as I don’t necessarily put it into words and keep it with my subconscious throughout the day sorta like an intj with my inferences(Ni) then use that as a sorta cache to use for my introverted thinking and slowly dig out these subconscious thoughts with my mind through out the day into my consciousness

Last edited:

AmacdaTNPI

AnonymousINTP
I wonder what my random though off of this thought of randomness will be if I even remember to finish typing this before I jump to another thing

I wonder what my random though off of this thought of randomness will be if I even remember to finish typing this before I jump to another thing
It occurs to me you have 42 posts. congrats.

cheese

Prolific Member
What if we're the science project of some alien kid from a super long-lived species? And he created an entire semi-intelligent race to show how hubris alone can terraform an entire planet into something far friendlier to their greenhouse-gas-loving selves. But being a school project, it's big, unwieldy, and ultimately of little value, since they generally just use something way more sophisticated like bottled concentrated farts.

Animekitty

World A.I. transfomantion is Near
Go to Seminar.
They ask you to fill out a survey.
Servey Question asks:
What is your Life Goal?
Your answer.
Get killed by Fire.
Later on that day.
Tells friends you had a good time at the seminar.