• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:45 AM
-->
My walks are the tip of the fucking iceberg.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
You're going to have to make a choice between serving machine or starting over. Make sure you are on the right side.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:45 PM
-->
When you're sitting there one moment all depressed, doom and gloom and suddenly the next moment your cat comes skidding across the tiled floor and drifts around the corner like a WRC rally car complete with sound effects.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:45 PM
-->
Ever get that weird feeling where you've engaged in a discussion with someone and ended up arguing something that you don't actually believe?

I notice I do that quite a lot. What's the fucked up psychology behind that kind of behaviour....

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
Today 7:45 AM
-->
vines fucking amuse me sometimes

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
-->
tfw your post count is no longer 69, that was quick

You must wait at least 7 seconds before performing this action.
good timer value

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
Today 5:45 AM
-->
America: the people pay for their own healthcare, they pay to keep waitresses and the like going, there are a load of prisoners working for basic food and shelter, there's rampant consumerism, taxing, etc.. It seems as if the government would have all the money and power and the citizens nothing but it turns out the government are in massive debt yet despite that everyone's doing just fine. Then elections are a big personality contest where it's a toss up between one candidate from the eighteenth century and one from the twenty-first. :question: Can an American explain this to me without flagellating me for my impression of Republicans and explaining to me the evil of the Democrats. I don't care about either tbh.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:45 AM
-->
America: the people pay for their own healthcare, they pay to keep waitresses and the like going, there are a load of prisoners working for basic food and shelter, there's rampant consumerism, taxing, etc.. It seems as if the government would have all the money and power and the citizens nothing but it turns out the government are in massive debt yet despite that everyone's doing just fine. Then elections are a big personality contest where it's a toss up between one candidate from the eighteenth century and one from the twenty-first. :question: Can an American explain this to me without flagellating me for my impression of Republicans and explaining to me the evil of the Democrats. I don't care about either tbh.

What's the point in explaining, if you're not an American? It won't fix anything. At this point, people just need to vote to remove the bullshitters and get some professionals back in office regardless of what party.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Yesterday 11:45 PM
-->

Explaining this thoroughly in as non- biased of a way possible would take pages of posts from multiple Americans.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Obama added about $7 trillion to US debt – one of the biggest increases as % of GDP in history

also not sure if "rampant consumerism and tax" is a uniquely US phenomenon

that being said, I should probably not talk too much about US, I live in a different universe over here in scandinavia and have no clue what it's like

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:45 PM
-->
I find that when Im profoundly depressed I look towards intellectual/academic material to try and satisfy my emotional needs. Like Maslows hierarchy of needs.

And so I let it go, and pray.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
what I wanna know is why women like to kiss dogs. It's disgusting, dude. Dogs don't even brush their teeth

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
You're right. It's becoming an increasingly scary place likely headed towards major conflict. I suspect some might see this statement as alarmist because they lack historical perspective and we've likely been at war for most of, if not all of their life. Though it's a societal phase, it's still dangerous. I write this following news that we've backed out of a nuclear arms treaty with Russia and that Europe may enter an arms race to compensate.

We've grown a powerful establishment willing to take advantage of fearmongering to the extent that we trust politicians more than our fellow man/neighbor. They've identified clusters of people united under shared opposition. People in these groups will accept any loosely plausible belief about or criticized by their perceived enemies. Criticize them for believing the inauguration crowd size was large, and they huddle closer together to prop up their own wounded egos. Criticize them for believing in wide scale voter fraud, and the process repeats. Keep criticizing; "Fake news! The tax cuts are beneficial! Women claiming to be abuse victims just want to ruin men's lives!." The literally thousands of lies leave them feeling "cornered" with their only exit to support the people who purport to be their leaders who will defend them from the imaginary enemies they see in their fellow man. Attempts to show them the truth with counter-evidence are rebutted, because it's coming from the ever-expanding ranks of "the enemy." They are delusional, and must be treated as such, which means changing from the inside out (Meet "Beau.").

Domestic forces that could alter this trajectory through the democratic process are being suppressed, through the combination of consumerism's materialistic goals, low wages, and constant work you've mentioned, but also prisons, harsh sentencing for nonviolent offenses, drug addiction, gerrymandering, psychographic advertising, psychological manipulation, censorship, and voter suppression of minorities.

It's reached the point where, because we've accepted lies about minorities looting during natural disasters and thus shut down counties to exclude rescue volunteers for fear of them being looters, "we value two vans full of wet TVs more than we do human life" to paraphrase "Beau":

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Don't dogs have like some super saliva where it makes their mouths clean? Or was that another animal

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 4:45 PM
-->
In other timelines I'm totally fucked right now. I don't know what portion of my multidimensional being is in the pits right now, but some tangible percentage is wrecked. I find that distressing but at the same time:

a) I don't have to experience it myself in this timeline
b) in the end all will be brought to justice, so even in a distant temporality, it is temporary.

So it's like: settle the dust, get back moving towards the goal. Onwards, onwards. I got this. Wherever this road may take me I shall ne'er look back, not for long or good, and in time the world will open up in its lustrious wonder.

Just keep it chill, chill, gotta keep moving forwards.

P.S. my spirits are awesome

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Life is boring

Typology is supposedly at the cutting edge of technology so I do that

and I do general habitual pleasure seeking stuff

But I don't know what else I do or could do or would do or

I just wanna go psychotic again

SOON

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
-->
every time i see this thread i read "random thots"

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
-->
Google might soon add its terms of service to the First Amendment. A leakeddocument from the tech giant argues that because of a variety of factors, including the election of Donald Trump, what we call the “American tradition” of free speech may no longer be viable. The report lays out how Google can serve as the world’s “Good Censor,” a stern mommy figure protecting us from harmful content and, by extension, dangerous behavior, like electing the wrong president again.

the end is coming

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Life is boring

SOON

Happy, healthy people are only against self destruction and risk because they don't know what they're missing :)

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
found a cat today. small wound on cranial muscles. milk was given as well as food. it and sand roller cat i found near a township. weird cat, the sand roller, sorta just ignores humans. howls sometimes. new cat dirt encrusted but immediately trusting a human. blotchy cat. nose split in diagonal blotchy half:weird thing where it looks like one half of the cats nose is.... wrong. a rip in dimensional probalities. idk. Previous cat got cuaght by a python, or so I suspect. Neighbour says he has lost 12 to pythons..

Maybe they have a kult at night in their hatching coups.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

soupymess

kick trees
Local time
-->
Ok we're living in a simulation probably, in which case the obvious complaint is we probably can't mean what we say and our agency is an illusion. But maybe in the same way future AI might become unexpectedly autonomous, we're, like, also doing that. And maybe we don't even register as living with all that entails to the simulation operators, closer to just some unruly novel phenomena within that hasn't been understood yet. This was cathartic

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Life is boring

SOON

Happy, healthy people are only against self destruction and risk because they don't know what they're missing :)

Normies, amirite?

But really, it's not even a matter of risk, although it sort of also is.

It's a matter of truth.

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
-->
the Ferrari 412 T2 is the best sounding car of all time.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
the problem of those so-called incels is that when you isolate yourself from the reality for too long, and think about it too much, it becomes something grandiose, mystical and unreachable. Sort of like if you stay inside your house for too long and start making up all kinds of wild ideas about what exists out there. And although you long to reach the outside, your idea of it has become too overwhelming. Meanwhile, all you ever had to do was to simply go outside and realize it's nothing special. In the same way, if an incel ever got to see a pussy, he would realize the banality of it all.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->
^ I agree. My personal experience is proving exactly same as undisputed facts.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
I'm really pissed off about those people being arrested for the bonfire night Grenfell Tower joke. If media corporations make a huge deal out of something of course everyone's going to take the piss. It's a joke (and a funny one), not fucking racism.

And the guy ages ago that got locked up for making his girlfriend's dog do a Nazi salute. Nearly everyone found that funny. Who do these laws benefit?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
the problem of those so-called incels is that when you isolate yourself from the reality for too long, and think about it too much, it becomes something grandiose, mystical and unreachable. Sort of like if you stay inside your house for too long and start making up all kinds of wild ideas about what exists out there. And although you long to reach the outside, your idea of it has become too overwhelming. Meanwhile, all you ever had to do was to simply go outside and realize it's nothing special. In the same way, if an incel ever got to see a pussy, he would realize the banality of it all.

It's not just about teh vaganey, but also about companionship and feeling sexually attractive, feeling wanted as a human being.

The value of a man does seem somewhat tied up in how well you do in women. Which is stupid, but how is saying something's stupid's gonna unravel an entire lifetime of programming?

Ofc, people who have these type of problems wont feel better just by having a woman, but neither do we solve the problem by saying so.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The value of a man does seem somewhat tied up in how well you do in women. Which is stupid, but how is saying something's stupid's gonna unravel an entire lifetime of programming?
It's all a nice little circle out there. Women are made objects though imagery, men are programmed to pursue said objects through other imagery. People responsible for the former make use of the latter and vice versa.

But as a woman pointed out to me recently, women also have various ideas like that programmed into them – just in slightly different forms.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
It's all a nice little circle out there. Women are made objects though imagery, men are programmed to pursue said objects through other imagery. The former makes use of the latter and vice versa.

Yeah, sorry, but women are trophies and status among men in some circles. Obviously it's stupid, but that doesn't make it invalid or wrong. There are still a lot of men who rely on being with hot gfs to boost their status and value among other men.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah, sorry, but women are trophies and status among men in some circles. Obviously it's stupid, but that doesn't make it invalid or wrong. There are still a lot of men who rely on being with hot gfs to boost their status and value among other men.
women don't do that?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Had a physical today..

104/62

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I'm getting advice on important spiritual matters but not following it. I don't know what I've lost out on so far but I have something on the to-do list now that I have to do when I feel that the time is right for it, but I fear I'll neglect it like I do so many other things. I don't know if writing it out will make me more or less likely to go through with it, but hopefully more.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Is it just a fluke that nearly all the females I've spoken to with an interest or proficiency in the sciences are sensors, whereas it seems most males in those spheres are intuitives?

My instinct would be to say that males are more likely to shun the humanities if they're good all-rounders due to conditioning, whereas females generally only choose the sciences if there's a real disparity in their capabilities i.e. they're very detail focused and straightforward, so they'd particularly dislike humanities.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Why is it that highly intelligent people are often associated with wimps, and on the other hand, very "masculine" dudes with big muscles etc associated with dumbness. My theory: intelligence is usually associated with high levels of noradrenaline, which also happens to shut down your digestive system and kill your appetite. Meanwhile, low calorie intake has been shown to cause a drop in testosterone. So, since most people with high noradrenaline levels are not in the habit of force-feeding themselves, they become "wimps" due to low testosterone resulting from low calorie intake.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Is it just a fluke that nearly all the females I've spoken to with an interest or proficiency in the sciences are sensors, whereas it seems most males in those spheres are intuitives?

My instinct would be to say that males are more likely to shun the humanities if they're good all-rounders due to conditioning, whereas females generally only choose the sciences if there's a real disparity in their capabilities i.e. they're very detail focused and straightforward, so they'd particularly dislike humanities.
I think it's just that a female intuitive will typically have very different preferences than a male intuitive. I've met quite a few females in applied math studies, but I've never met a female with a passion for it. It seems they get bored with stuff that doesn't contain some biological element, living things etc. <-- oh shit, I'm reinforcing cultural biases against women and perpetuating the patriarchy – I better get spanked by someone ASAP.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
it seems serac gets bored without proper amount of rb's spanking

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Applied maths is boring tbf (I only do it for my insomnia (doesn't work)). Doubt women are gonna be too offended, sry serac.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
women don't do that?

It doesn't seem like their identity is to that degree tied up to it. I do think it's easier for women to get away with being single than men. There's more pressure about getting laid among men.

Though, if you have a different idea to the gender difference of being single, feel free to share. Men seem to more often become extreme and hateful about it

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I think it's just that a female intuitive will typically have very different preferences than a male intuitive. I've met quite a few females in applied math studies, but I've never met a female with a passion for it. It seems they get bored with stuff that doesn't contain some biological element, living things etc. <-- oh shit, I'm reinforcing cultural biases against women and perpetuating the patriarchy – I better get spanked by someone ASAP.

Seems like what most people think to me, nothing new under the sun

it seems serac gets bored without proper amount of rb's spanking

:soldier:

Top Bottom