• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Thanks

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 7:04 AM
-->
The forum change was only possible due to the generous giving of members. They won't be named here in detail, but to all of them the admins feel gratitude. And to those who couldn't contribute monies, but gave support.

Thank you all.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 4:04 PM
-->
No, thank YOU
:kinggrin:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:04 AM
-->
Thanks so much! :D

The future's so bright, I have to wear coated LI-900 Silica ceramics blast shades.

technology-beautiful-young-woman-silver-latex-costume-glasses-futuristic-hairstyle-make-up-sci...jpg

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:04 AM
-->
If I was above the poverty line I would have contributed. Thank You, peoples, above the poverty line. INTP forum is my home.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Thanks anyway. There are so many difficulties with a lack of funds no-one can do a tenth of what they might wish to do anyway.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 4:04 PM
-->
Have a beer on us! (except you have to pay)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
I wish I could have contributed financially to this site. Perhaps I will be able to give at some other point in time.

elliptoid

the void is a lie
Local time
-->
It would be easier if you accepted crypto currencies.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 8:04 AM
-->
She learned from parents

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Would be even easier if they accepted monopoly money

We will also be accepting sacrifices of small animals and acts of prostitution in the future.

elliptoid

the void is a lie
Local time
-->
so that's a no on the litecoin then?

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Thanks, but you would have to explain how we can receive electronic currency first, and how many wallets would be needed... One for each currency ?

I really don't know the first thing about these. Also I can trust myself with cash gifts, and when there is more than currently needed, reserve the extra in a bank account of some form; but electronic sums would need to be overseen by a couple of admins to make sure it doesn't suddenly vanish: it's not like having the bank look after one's money...

At a handsome cost, of course just one of the banksters' bonuses after the Bushobama bailout would run 100 forums hosting for 100 years.

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
Hmmm...
I don't have anything to donate yet.

Maybe in a decade or two?
Hopefully intpf'll still exist.

Disclaimer: It's not that I'm unwilling to donate
em...maybe for now
it seems like the tone here is a bit...[insert adjective here]

But I could draw the kitty logo...(not that that could be of any use)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
LMAO. This is the best post that says nothing I think I have seen in a while!

elliptoid

the void is a lie
Local time
-->
Ragnar,

This is what cryptos are good for.
Now some posters might try and warn you that the exchange rate is too volatile for it to be worth it or something about monopoly money. You can view the exchange for yourself at GDAX and participate at Coinbase, and Exodus is a good wallet I guess.

For this type of transaction you won't even need a wallet because Coinbase's online wallet will manage the funds for you. So all you actually need to do on your end is open a Coinbase account and provide the public with a LTC receiving address. You can view the list of currencies available on Coinbase as well, but for sure you will find the Euro. The only caution is that you make certain that withdrawal will not be difficult, and again...this depends on your region. Also, remember the trends in the exchange rate are less predictable and stable but you can safely conclude that anyone willing to send LTC is also comfortable with the risks.

But let me put it this way: if I wanted small anonymous sums from a large number of people all around the world, I would definitely be using litecoin as one of my absolute best options.

Now I do not know which region you are in and the specifics about depositing your litecoins/euros/dollars into a bank account. Your bank or government might have certain restrictions or freedoms, depending.

Not trying to make more work for you but not exactly joking either.

Edit - Anyone who wants to pay me for this quality content please send your donation of LTC to the following address:

LMhxetrCSTkibgL6EsFGXGuDnWxiP1gGpY :highfive:

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:04 PM
-->
Is it too late to say the cryptocurrency thing was a joke?
(when I first brought it up)

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Thank you elliptoid, very useful.

Just now, as people are still giving, I can say that we raised just over £500 in the pool and there were other contributions: this paid for the XenForo and the paying of our hosts to convert and upgrade; any further monies will be held for future hosting costs etc., or even paid add-ons. Thank you.

Note that a current state of the pool will not show any surplus since it seems prudent not to display money online, invoking the attention of the curious. *

* And yes, since you ask, the phraseology of Dr. M. R. James has always been a great comfort to me.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
Apparently I've been so out of the loop that I stumbled into a different and altogether more flaming loop and consequently not only have no idea what is going on, but also have third degree burns.

I'm glad that the forum was able to survive it's apparent demise, it has needed a regeneration for years.
Here's to another few decades of anarchy!:storks:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Don't know where else to put this to get the fastest response.
Once you leave the top of a thread you cannot see the thread title.
Making it difficult to remember the context of responding to another form members comments switching back and forth from top to middle forgetting your main points.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
@Animekitty, our URLs are now more descriptive so you will find the thread name on the top of your browser... intpforum.com/threads/ [thread-name] . [thread-number]
Also please keep the comments of the software to the New Software General, if you're subscribed to a thread you get alerted of any new posts...

Top Bottom