• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Do you plan for the zombie apocalypse?

Crazythinker1

Quiet, I'am thinking
Local time
Today 3:59 AM
-->
ummmm..... No, not really.

Crazythinker1

Quiet, I'am thinking
Local time
-->
I mean what's the purpose of preparing for it when it has already occured?

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 12:59 AM
-->

Lithorn

Local time
Today 2:59 AM
-->

intuitivet

You Know You're Better Than This
Local time
Today 8:59 AM
-->
I've tried to plan for it! I would block up my door and, being on the higher levels of the house, hide out until they went away and then I would escape, go to my nearest store and take as much food and water as possible. I would need to make some sort of mask incase the virus was airborne, but that wouldn't be too hard. I could take my hockey stick, broom or baseball bat to fend them off and then I would light a giant fire in the garden next door to attract any rescuers.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
But I /am/ the zombie apocalypse!

Are You a Zombie? ® checklist:

[x] You like brains
[x] You feel an intense urge to exterminate mankind
[x] You think a lot about life extension
[x] Some people say you have no life
[x] On the other hand, others wish you were dead
[x] Most think you are unintelligible and clumsy
[x] You have no friends
[x] You smell like something is decomposing
[x] You always wear the same dirty rags
[x] Girls refuse to date you, they seem to be scared of you
[x] When you try to talk to someone, all that comes out is 'ung ummh oorg'
[x] You tend to wander aimlessly
[x] Social conventions mean nothing to you
[x] Your presence makes everybody uncomfortable
[x] People avoid you as if you were contagious
[x] Most would agree that a shot to the head is the only way to get rid of you
[x] Nobody ever gets your jokes

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
I don't plan for it, but I do intend to enjoy it if/when it gets here.

Come on, you're gonna tell me those zombie movies and games don't look like fun!?

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That was good, Kuu.

Personally I'm sick to death of zombies, vampires and unicorns and think the world would be a better place without them.

Lithorn

Local time
-->
That was good, Kuu.

Personally I'm sick to death of zombies, vampires and unicorns and think the world would be a better place without them.

Well obviously the world would be a better place without them. That has no bearing on whether or not you are ready when they attack. :phear:

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 9:59 AM
-->
The zombie apocalypse plans for me.

Logos

Formerly Electric Wizard
Local time
-->
Yes, as in we have an ACTUAL ZOMBIE ESCAPE PLAN on the fridge next to the "what to do in case of hurricane or flash flood list". My dad actually talks about it constantly. And for reference my dad is an ISTJ

Lithorn

Local time
-->
Haha. My dad does too. He insists that we're going to head for the northern peninsula of Wisconsin and make a death strip across the narrow piece of land that connects it to the mainland. (He's an ISTJ too :D)

The Frood

knows where his towel is
Local time
-->
lol, i have planned for it actually. I suppose not in the "most serious manner" but plans are plans right?

1. As soon as The breakout occurs, Book it for my local Bi-mart. (for people outside the pacific northwest US, bi-mart is a membership-discount department store) my main reasoning for bi-mart as opposed to a wal-mart or something; They sell food, guns/camping gear. but also defensibility, the store is not huge, but not too small, and there are few doors which would be easy to blockade, to keep out pesky zombies and looters.
  2. grab all the guns ammo, bows/arrows (much more effective in the long run when you think about it, arrows are re-usable) food storage and camping gear, and head into the cascade mountains (I live right at the foot of them) and live off the land.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
Doesn't everyone plan for the zombie apocalypse? Though my answer to any kind of topsy-turvey-world situation is go out in the woods and be a hermit. It really is a catch-all. (However, a quick stop at Bi-Mart isn't a bad idea.. I totally forgot about that store!)
On that note.. has anyone else noticed the similarities between zombies and meth addicts? 'thats not the person you used to know, theres nothing you can do, just run!'..... just saying.
Anyway.. hermit. They aren't gonna bother searching the woods for just one skull-full of brains. So it a quick exodus into the bull-of-the-woods-wilderness at the base of Mt. Hood for me!

Attachments

• bull-of-the-woods2.jpg
    bull-of-the-woods2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 180

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
This lyric is kinda applicable?

"I had a plan, and that was where it ended."

Loki

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing...
Local time
-->
Even if I wanted to my schedule wouldn't allow it.

1:00 watch Zombieland
2:30 fast forward thru The Road
3:30 watch Legion *zombie parts only*
4:00 wallow in self pity
4:30 stare into the abyss
5:00 solve world hunger, tell no one
5:30 Jazzercize
6:30 dinner with me - I can't cancel that again
7:00 wrestle with my self-loathing
9:00 lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I think I probably would not survive the zombie apocalypse. I would do something stupid to save someone else and that would be the end of me.

So... not much to plan for.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
I plan to lock myself and a few trusted accomplices in the local mall. There's gotta be enough food there to last a few months.

The real problem will be stoping the plague itself... We'll have to unearth the source, and then how best to eliminate, or find an antidote or whatever. This part of the scheme depends on what flavor of zombie apocalypse goes down.

citrusbreath95

Tourist of this dimension
Local time
-->
We learned about this in school! Seriously. For like a month this boy was obsessed with the zombie apocalypse and did book talks on it. He even brough in this "weapontry" (which consisted of a radio, thermos, helmet, and fake sword) and talked about how to survive an apocalypse... I can't remember anything though... crap. Yeah I would die probably. Knowing me, I'd probably get distracted from a rock or something and one would get me from behind. Heck, I'd probably still be unaware the thing was eating me to death until my head fell off. :rolleyes:

Though my plan would be this:
lock me and a few others in a giant 5 story building, equipped with food, water, and other neccesities for living. Then I'd work on finding the cure for the virus(kind of like I am Legend)
If that didnt work, I was out in the open, zombies coming, no buildings, or weapentry, and no space time vortex to be swept into. I would pray to god they were ignorant zombies and act like one of them. Who knows maybe I'd get lucky.:rip:

WorkInProgress

I use metaphors to show how deep I am.
Local time
-->
Even if I wanted to my schedule wouldn't allow it.

1:00 watch Zombieland
2:30 fast forward thru The Road
3:30 watch Legion *zombie parts only*
4:00 wallow in self pity
4:30 stare into the abyss
5:00 solve world hunger, tell no one
5:30 Jazzercize
6:30 dinner with me - I can't cancel that again
7:00 wrestle with my self-loathing
9:00 lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.
Did you steal that from the Grinch live action movie?

I live in a fairly rural area. The nearest gas station is about a 7 minute drive and being "in town" is almost 20. My plan is to board up my house as best as I can and live off what's in my pantry for a couple days. After I've run out of things to eat I'll sneak into my neighbors house, kill them with a shovel (with great satisfaction), and live off their food until it runs out too. Rinse and repeat until my entire neighborhood is dezombified, and then I'll move on to the next neighborhood. Kind of a waste of my life, but at least I'll survive.

Come to think of it, the only complications that really arise are when I come into contact with people who aren't zombies.

Edit- Oh and I'm assuming all my neighbors are already zombies btw. I don't plan on killing regular humans with shovels =P

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
Hmm... moral dilemma in a zombie apocalypse. They always seem to throw that in somewhere in the movies don't they?

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I'll probably be the first zombie so...

BRAAAAAIIIIIINS!!! would be first on the agender.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
I wonder whether there'd be a zombie hierarchy... In that case it might be desirable to catch the bug first.

BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR ZOMBIE WARLORD, MUAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah, monarch of the new world all the way. :evil:

Sparrow

Banned
Local time
-->
I wonder whether there'd be a zombie hierarchy... In that case it might be desirable to catch the bug first.

BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR ZOMBIE WARLORD, MUAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah, monarch of the new world all the way. :evil:

Wrong. I'm Zombie Lord. Or we can create a dual-power government? How about Co-leaders? We'll both be Zombie Lords. Deal?

Also, containers of nerve gas have been given to all citizens. Let's exterminate us all! No humans. No zombies. Woohooo!

Sparrow

Banned
Local time
-->

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Edit- Oh and I'm assuming all my neighbors are already zombies btw. I don't plan on killing regular humans with shovels =P

@ Kuu: I didn't even bat an eye at the idea of WIP killing off hir human neighbors. I don't think there will be any moral dilemmas for me! :evil:

Lithorn

Local time
-->
Wanna create a triumvirate? Me, you and Dormouse? Deal? Deal.

Triumvirates never work. Someone always ends up getting phased out, then the remaining two kill each other. :rolleyes: No thank.
I've got a pretty solid zombie plan myself (not that I'll give anything away now that I know whose side you're on) :D

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
There are zombies :storks:

Run away on something big and strong :elephant:

Or fly away :king-twitter:

Or bring out the bat :beatyou:

Or ask OreSama to go cyborg :borg:

Don't bite the dust :rip:

Watch out for zombie overlords :twisteddevil:

And hide if necessary :phear:

Lithorn

Local time
-->

*giggles and hops about, clapping in delight*

The Frood

knows where his towel is
Local time
-->

shoot them :winchester: (or if you are lucky :waffe:)

Enter buildings cautiously:kilroy:

keep your friends close:grouphug:

and eventually, go insane :crazy:

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Just remember...
Shoot 'em in the head
to make sure they're dead.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
"Well obviously the world would be a better place without them. That has no bearing on whether or not you are ready when they attack. :phear: "

I don't know, I think I've been living in the zombie apocalypse for the past 60 years. The rest of you hadn't noticed?

trislit

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I think getting a group together and overturning a bunch of cars to make a wall around some easily defensible building might be enough if the zombies were the slow moving type. you could even get a school bus to block the entry way (road warrior style), and mount a couple flamethrowers on top to light up anything coming to close to the bus!

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:59 PM
-->
Kuu said:
[x] Some people say you have no life
[x] On the other hand, others wish you were dead
:D

My zombie survival plan:
picture.php

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 3:59 PM
-->
Ooh Jeeminy.

New friends. More zombies. Better apocalypse.

Gunnarsson

Redshirt
Local time
-->
No plan specific for zombies. But always looking for a good bombshelter or ex-military bunker to buy and live in. Good doors to keep unwanted visitors (of any kind, parents as well as zombies) out, and plenty of room for water, MREs and anything else you need to survive a decade under siege.

Jaico

(mono no aware)
Local time
Today 5:29 AM
-->
Hmm. I've definitely thought about this/discussed the theoretical possibility with friends. I live in a port community, so the obvious choice would be to hightail it to a boat, and just make sure that no zeds crawl their way up the anchor lines. The port's downtown, so scavving for food and medicine would, sadly, have to be in an urban environment, but as for a boat - I think it'd be one of the safest places to hold out until a rescue came (assuming that the zombies are the slow-moving type).

Jo3

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I've been preparing for the zombie uprising for about 4 years now, 6 if you include the purely planning stages. I have escape routes mapped, scenarios planned, equipment amassed. I am ready.

Fallenman

Local time
-->
I feel as if the Zombie Apocalypse prepares for me... :beatyou:

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ominously, my youngest son reported to me late last week that former Vice President Dick Cheney was up, walking around, doing fine, and had no pulse. Instead he had a machine that pushed blood around inside.

I'm not saying "zombie." I'm saying "close." And really, is it a surprise?

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
-->
Do you plan for the zombie apocalypse?

Come on. Admit it.
Yes, yes indeed, though I have always been hesitant to admit it, and to tell you the truth I am not sure that it will do me any good, but I can at least hope. I'll be beta-testing my current model of zombie units at my upcoming high school reunion, and just maybe I'll gain a few more recruits.

bloozie

/clear
Local time
-->
I launder my clothes every two weeks... so yes... I have been planning for the Zombie Apocalypse...

Silas

Drifter
Local time
-->
I don't know about you guys, but I've got my underground city all planned out for when the shit hits the fan, just need a coupla shovels and allllot of red bull. Or Mulch Diggums from Artemis Fowl.
Main tunnels are routed to shopping centres, Mole people are welcome to help ofc.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
The scariest part is that we don't know who is and isn't a zombie.

Silas has the right idea. I intend to have a secret undergound bunker under my house, in case of catastrophe, be it government takeover, zombie apocalypse. And it will be a fucking awesome place to just chill. Stocked for months.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Today 5:59 PM
-->
Ok well first... I'll max out frozen orb, and put a point into teleport, static field and warmth. Then some points into cold mastery, max out fireball, meteor, fire mastery, and we'll see who's laughing then :smiley_emoticons_mr

You zombies will all die! I've killed countless numbers of you already!

Top Bottom