• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"Witch hunt" - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 6:25 PM
-->
Re: "Witch hunt"

Yes. That is the biggest problem, that people who create double accounts *in hiding* use Proxies and other measures to obscure the fact that it is a double account. Identity is quite a vague concept online.

Ogion

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
Today 5:25 PM
-->

I have made some suggestions in the closure thread - we need to start thinking like INTPs - creative, left field - c'mon folks I'm sure we can come up with good solutions that will work.

Artifice Orisit

Yes. That is the biggest problem, that people who create double accounts *in hiding* use Proxies and other measures to obscure the fact that it is a double account. Identity is quite a vague concept online.
...there are always options, illegal though they may be.

Cobra

Local time
Today 11:25 AM
-->

Next up: Cheese.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 3:25 AM
-->

What. The. Fuck.

*edit
I'm hoping this means suspicions regarding me are baseless.

*edit
This is unfair. If you have a (justified) suspicion, please contact a staff member of your choice.
The other point is that all what trolls want is attention and so every time you mention their name they drool over their keyboards.

I can only assume you like my spittle. :rolleyes:

Cobra

Local time
-->

Sorry, cheese. It was intended as a poke, but it's gathering more concern than I meant it to. And, yes, I love your spittle. Is that bleu or gorgonzola?

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:25 PM
-->

Anyone with a dinosaur avatar is suspicious in my book :p

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

It's acidic.

Cobra - I don't know you all that well and others have accused me of being a sock before (stop being pussies and simply insult my bland personality, dammit), so I was unsure what to think. I figured a blatant call-out like that would be meant in humour but you can never be too sure! and extinct dairy is surprisingly fond of aggression.

I figure it's just the usual Lurker/Celebrity Familiarity. Neither of us are either, but when thoughts are on display this much it's easy for one party to feel a lot more familiar with the other. ("heh heh, nudge nudge wink wink" - "who the fuck are you?", etc)

Anyway I've devoted too much blah to this. I'm going off to be useless somewhere else.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Oh, just the usual "missing refugee from drawer wars", "sock - latest singing sensation", "have you seen this sock?", "sock wants YOU!" etc.

They didn't even describe my dino-copulating-with-cheese prints. :(

dents

Local time
-->

Yes. That is the biggest problem, that people who create double accounts *in hiding* use Proxies and other measures to obscure the fact that it is a double account.

There isn't a 100% guaranteed way of dealing with it, but there are many things we can do to make their lives harder. For example, there can be a page that lists all IPs that any account has ever logged in from. Then you can trace each IP and see what geographical location it ends up in. If you see an account logging in from all over the place, then that's suspicious. If you see two accounts log in from the same IP, that's more suspicion. This information doesn't have to be posted raw of course, you can process IPs to make them into useless but still unique strings and do a trace from the site, so the actual IP never has to be revealed. I'd volunteer to do this stuff if there was a demand.

With enough resources, this can all be bypassed, but the point is to make it hard enough to not be worthwhile.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

The dinosaur would make me suspicious, but the shifty INTJ and thread of frequent beatings make you triply sketchy. I've got both my eyes on you as often as wisp and snail will allow :phear:

Kianara

Local time
Today 8:25 PM
-->

The dinosaur would make me suspicious, but the shifty INTJ and thread of frequent beatings make you triply sketchy. I've got both my eyes on you as often as wisp and snail will allow :phear:

O RLY? </jk>

I'm half Filipino and a dolphin, if that makes me even more suspicious. :p

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Nah, that just makes you adorable :D :D
erm, for people that like dolphins, you know, like Wisp

Ogion

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 5:25 AM
-->
I think these sick people have some kind of secret flipper handshake so they can recognise one another...

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Witch Hunt to dolphin lovers ...

I would go back and try and figure out the transition from intent to inception, but wondering about it is more amusing.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
Today 9:25 AM
-->
How dare you associate me with XIII.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
ugh.... why would you even unearth this again?

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
All in favor of putting dbtng_thomas on trial? :twisteddevil:

dbtng_thomas

Local time
Today 9:25 AM
-->
An excellent idea! I've been divisive, insulting, and generally a horrible forum member. I must be a spy!

dents

Local time
-->
HE'S A WITCH!!!

(No really please let's not start another one until it's really needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom