• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Self Esteem

Would you like to be seen as:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:09 PM
-->
Would you like to be seen as:
physically desirable
physically irresistible
a beautiful mind
a beautiful soul

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Who wouldn't like to be seen as both physically irresistable and a beautiful mind?

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 5:09 AM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I've got enough looks to get by and my mind is well above average. My soul, however, needs some work. Is this adding to what we already have, or choosing only one?

PreAlgebra

Local time
-->
Looks although important, seem to be more trivial than the mind or soul. Being viewed as having a beautiful soul would be great but I think greater achievements are made with the mind. So that is how I would like others to see me only being able to choose one.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I could have put, what do other people see you as? It would not have been right though. That would depend on their NT. I think the Artisans see my soul, but miss out on the intuitive mind. It means I get on with them OK and they are warmer people than the Rationals.

However, I do not want to chase the Bear (ISTP) girls into the woods. Too physical.

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:09 PM
-->
I`m going to be direct and frank.

Your poll is called "Would you like to been seen as...", but the thread is called "Self esteem".
Are going to put the answers of poll in some certain level of self esteem?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I`m going to be direct and frank.

Your poll is called "Would you like to been seen as...", but the thread is called "Self esteem".
Are going to put the answers of poll in some certain level of self esteem?

If you are rational, intuitive and imaginative, I'm sure you can work out why ?! Maybe you need to be experienced as well ?

nieVe - eXperience continuum

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 1:09 PM
-->
Well, she is right in pointing out a difference. Self-esteem is what i think about myself. "To be seen by others as..." is something different, and it implies that our self-esteem depends on others opinion of us...

Ogion

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I made it clear that it is what we most relish, rather than what others want.

But it may well be that self esteem is boosted by the self being treated properly. The rational might not like being chased into the woods by a rampant bear!

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Your polls just brings me associations with lab rats.

Interesting. Maybe the intuition does cross the Pond? (=North Atlantic) i.e. dependent on culture (or lack of).

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There were some threads, when you told, that you swift between types. Why couldn`t I do that either?

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yep, the elephants don`t like to be chased around and they tend to be unforgiving, unlike the gold-fishes, who gives their heart into action too rushly.
But ostriches don`t mind either.

Last edited:

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There were some threads, when you told, that you swift between types. Why couldn`t I do that either?

A Skylark (INFJ) turns into a Swift (INFJ variant) to avoid the Hawk (INTJ) attack. Type changers are called morph-shifters. It can be chemically induced as well, by morphine (this is pathological to me). This chemical is favoured by the Horse (ESFJ). I am not sure why, but these types are usually adversial to me; the worst.

Morph shifting can be to variants or to completely another type.

I cannot change much beyond ENTP, INFP, INTP, Snake, Dragon and Eagle. Eagle is more socially acceptable and the most successful, but I suspect under stress I revert to Dragon. I suppose I can temporarily try a bit of INTJ (Hawk) as circumstances dictate. I have been on TV, but I am not really a Performer (ESFP) the Butterfly.

In our society, the use of thinking component requires opportunity. It is no use being a Legal Eagle without training and the opportunity may only be available to the higher income classes (England).

This is Snake (ENTP) mode. You know what the Unicorns (ESFJ variant) think of that! Horses get spooked.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Wow, Fleur, now you sounded like Perseus.

Perseus, you are saying that the types can show behaviour of the other types from time to time as well? I wouldn't disagre with you there, because, staying in the theory, everybody has every 'function', just in different strength, so anybody can show other behaviour.
But following your post is not easy, so much 'animals' ;)

Ogion

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wow, Fleur, now you sounded like Perseus.

Perseus, you are saying that the types can show behaviour of the other types from time to time as well? I wouldn't disagre with you there, because, staying in the theory, everybody has every 'function', just in different strength, so anybody can show other behaviour.
But following your post is not easy, so much 'animals' ;)

Ogion

I expect most people inahbit the middle ground. It just so happens that I am an extreme NP. I only have bad trouble when I meet an extreme Guardian (SJ) and then trouble really does occur. Extreme NPs do not have a name. At least, the book has not yet been written to my knowledge.

There is room for a new plot. Surely, a film must have been made? In Tortilla Flat, the vagabonds were probably SPs.

However, extreme Horseman (ESFJ) are likely to be wife bashers or husband bashers and rapists if they do not get exactly what they want. Plenty of films about these types.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 6:09 AM
-->
I cannot change much beyond ENTP, INFP, INTP, Snake, Dragon and Eagle. Eagle is more socially acceptable and the most successful, but I suspect under stress I revert to Dragon. I suppose I can temporarily try a bit of INTJ (Hawk) as circumstances dictate. I have been on TV, but I am not really a Performer (ESFP) the Butterfly.

I think you are soooooo misguided. Mirroring or acting out some other type's common behaviour patterns does not make you that type. The way your mind works is still pretty much the same, and that is what is important to type. External appearances are just the consequences.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think you are soooooo misguided. Mirroring or acting out some other type's common behaviour patterns does not make you that type. The way your mind works is still pretty much the same, and that is what is important to type. External appearances are just the consequences.

It is not an overlay pattern. I can (as circumstances disctate, choose to make an early judgement, for the short time I believe in it, I could say I have transferred to INTJ). Alas, as new information comes in I revert to INTP, as P is my strongest suit 11/12 (A smaller species of Eagle: a Falcon say)

I can apply my mind (headache) over a difficult problem and raise my thinking status upwards from 7/12 to complete an IQ test, but I would not want headaches all the time. INTP with a greater T variant (from Dragon to Eagle, less fantastic, more realistic)

Extraversion is rather easy for short periods and only after a time exhaustion sets in and I need a recharge period. ENTP. (Eagle to Snake) My Intraversion is 8/12 so the gap is smaller). ENFP to Ferret is possible and would be rather useful if I could sustain it.

Intuitive thoughts sometimes have to be checked by sensing information (for others), and this is hard work from 10/12 downwards. However, the work of collection sensing information is long lasting. I would not chase the Bear (ISTP) girls into the woods though. Too much. I would get lost. Especially not the S 8 and above on the Paragon test.

The change to Butterfly would be an act. Role play performance for a short period. This is ESFP. This involves a traumatic alteration in consciousness. I am not going to be a TV star as it is really an act. (I have turned down appearances.)
I think I probably work on ENFP, with the Beaver charisma if I can pull it off. Maybe, my talks do not go down all that well?

Mirror would be change to a Horse (ESFJ) which I cannot do. I cannot drive a car, so I cannot be a Petrolhead.

Mostly, relationships involve using techniques to minimise type conflicts.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 6:09 AM
-->
I don't think you'll ever get it, Perseus...

@ Jordan's unanswered question:

Maybe being physically irresistible would also make you constantly harrassed by people you don't care about. And that might make your beautiful mind go insane, or not capable or working... We're introverts... we need people to stfu, leave us alone and let us think. So having both would ironically be like having none...

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:09 AM
-->
Perseus, you're not speaking the same language as the rest of us. You're not using the same conceptual framework. Put down Keirsey and your animal typing for a moment and try to understand MBTI type theory. Otherwise you'll never be able to get your point across.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
I have trouble separating mind from soul... my mind is my soul.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don't think you'll ever get it, Perseus...

@ Jordan's unanswered question:

Maybe being physically irresistible would also make you constantly harrassed by people you don't care about. And that might make your beautiful mind go insane, or not capable or working... We're introverts... we need people to stfu, leave us alone and let us think. So having both would ironically be like having none...

If you were really irresistible enough, you could just tell them to go away and they would. Besides, why bother leaving home when the fruits of your beautiful mind can pay servants to go out and do all the menial day to day tasks for you?

Gorgrim

Local time
-->
I have trouble separating mind from soul... my mind is my soul.

Isnt soul quite a subjective word?

I went with soul because I liked it better.

Mind....
Mind and Body? I hear it like that sometimes, as seperate things. My Soul, or Brain-connections, I think you could say. Is what really determines how everything I do or AM works.

Its the essence of me, my kind of "soul" determines everything about me - thus I find that it describes me the best. Atleast, I don't find either Mind or Soul wrong, but what really sets them apart is abit unclear to say the least. Because Im just as much as product of my mind - and enviroment too, as I am a product of my soul. In terms of how i see it

nihilen.

Local time
-->
What does this poll have to do with self-esteem. That's more like others-esteem.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->

Absolutely.

What does this poll have to do with self-esteem. That's more like others-esteem.

You'll find that unexplained jumbling of concepts and highly unique definitions are a hallmark of Perseus' threads.

If you want to challenge your N to find hidden relationships by all means read them.

If it's at all likely to irritate you, then don't.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
Today 8:09 AM
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the

Mind....
Mind and Body? I hear it like that sometimes, as seperate things. My Soul, or Brain-connections, I think you could say. Is what really determines how everything I do or AM works.

Its the essence of me, my kind of "soul" determines everything about me - thus I find that it describes me the best. Atleast, I don't find either Mind or Soul wrong, but what really sets them apart is abit unclear to say the least. Because Im just as much as product of my mind - and enviroment too, as I am a product of my soul. In terms of how i see it​

[/CENTER]

Haaah... the way I see it, my soul is what is irreducibly me: but I don't know what that is. It might be my creativity, or my determination to be independent, or my indifference to interpersonal relationships, or all of that, or none of that... but I don't remember ever being just a soul and nothing else, so I don't know how my soul might be defined, except in these loose terms.

My mind is the expression of my soul to other people and the outer world in general-- and, indeed, my own perception of myself-- through the conduit of my brain, with the sum total of all the values and experiences and collected ideas and information that that brain holds. When I die, I might well lose all that information and revert to being just a soul, or my soul might have been coloured by the filter it passed through so many times, or it might be able to adapt and change.

...I sense a story idea coming on. Anyway, is it clear that I would prefer a beautiful mind, as that's what others see of me? If I were physically attractive, people would pay attention to me. :rolleyes: Can't have that. I'm an I.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
I put "beautiful mind" but I also find it hard to discern between mind and soul. I'd say that I presently think I'm all of the options aside from "irresistibly" attractive.

As far as what people perceive of me, the people I'm closest to seem to appreciate my mind/soul a lot. I'm seen as attractive to the average person, I suppose.

I have good self-esteem at this point in time.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Still having appalling difficulties relating to other people, especially mates and partners. Tormented to the edge of madness.

If they clicked on beautiful mind meets beautiful soul, the most blatant difficulties would be alleviated.

WittyUsername

Local time
Today 5:39 PM
-->
Physically Irresistible.

Because the effort to get there is too fucking much.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
new category:

evolutionarily iresistable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom