• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Random laughing

Magnus

Demon Hunter
Local time
Today 1:35 PM
-->
:borg::twisteddevil::borg: I find this funny, also...Refrigerator...And this video YouTube - The Crystal Method - Drown In The Now
A jewish rabbi rapping to robots about...I still don't know. I can't explain what I find funny about it either...And anything Doraleus or Sluggy Freelance related although they are designed to be funny.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:35 PM
-->
Hah. From "Swain's Folly." A high school science teacher:

Mr. Phelts had everyone buffaloed. A slight man who walked as if he actually had a chip on his shoulder that he was daring everyone to knock off, his face was marred by a perpetual scowl that occasionally deepened into a sneer whenever he was confronted with evidence of Soft Thinking or Pinko Philosophy. He also had the disconcerting habit of laughing at what most people would consider the wrong time — like when no one was speaking and nothing was going on. The class would be in the middle of a test, the room silent except for the desperate scratching of pencils. Mr. Phelts would be sitting at his desk, eyes closed — and then he’d laugh, still with his eyes closed. Not a happy laugh. The kind of laugh Torquemada might have made after a particularly fruitful session of the Inquisition. Presumably Mr. Phelts did the same thing in the faculty lounge, and possibly even in church. This evidence of a rich and possibly sinister inner life made everyone happy enough to keep Mr. Phelts at more than arm’s length.

:smiley_emoticons_mr

chuhulil

Local time
-->
How about this... In French class, my friend Ben was making quiet comments to our annoying teacher, and he said, "Oui," in this high-pitched, girly voice. he obviously didn' mean to say it like that. Everyone just started laughing, and so did I. However, after a few seconds, everyone else stopped, and I was still giggling. And, Ben was too but...

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 11:35 AM
-->
I was the king laugh-er back in middle school, along with my PIC.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There was an ad on televison the other day about a drive-thru restaurant: their new, convenient location! They were boasting about the double lanes to their drive-thru; however, one of the lanes had approximately ten cars in it and the other had zero. This led to ten minutes of on and off laughing, hysterical cackles that no doubt frightened the neighbors.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
The goddamn stage song for Dhalsim (of Street Fighter fame) just started playing on my computer. It struck me as absurd and I couldn't keep from laughing. Why do I have that song?

EvilScientist Trainee

Science Advisor
Local time
Today 3:35 PM
-->
I know I have already posted in this thread, but i just remembered a wonderful day where I saw a waterslide during the act of rewinding a tape at a class.

I never laughed so hard in my whole life, but the only ones laughing were me and an ENFP friend. So last week i went over his house to play some weird youtube videos. The only ones we found had as much as 15 views. So, that's unsual humour.

Also, one day where i noticed a group of birds stucked in space-time continuum, motionless.
To my shame, they were just facing strong winds, and they barely moved while gliding. So no one understood my laughter.

phial

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:35 PM
-->
I do this and I think it makes people paranoid :D

gruesomebrat

Biking in pursuit of self...
Local time
-->
Just about everytime that I come onto this forum, I end up laughing my guts out... sometimes at threads that are the furthest thing from funny... perfect example was the thread about the parakeet. First thing I did was start giggling, then when I got control of myself, I managed to read through the comments. I was rather embarrassed about the goggle fit though, because I then had to explain to dad and his girlfriend what was so funny, and I couldn't give a reason for what about the post struck me as funny...

My dad's gf keeps looking at me like I'm nuts...

Eclipse

The Watcher
Local time
-->
I constantly dream up puns and one-linders about the most random situations, then chuckle at my own jokes. It happens more often when I'm bored. For this reason, my Modern World teacher isn't too fond of me.

sroro

Local time
Today 7:35 PM
-->
I do this a lot, especially if I'm in a sensitive situation where laughing might get me punched out or something. I'll suddenly laugh for a few minutes without warning hours later.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:35 PM
-->
It gives me some space...

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 11:35 AM
-->
I sometimes laugh at jokes prematurely because of how the person said it rather than what is being said.

DarkGreen

Mmm Tasty
Local time
-->
I go to horror movies just for the comedy. My friend and I will sit in the back row, so we don't get popcorn thrown at us, and we wait for really gruesome parts. When someone's getting the skin of his leg shaved off and the theater is dead silent, "A HAW HA AH HA HA!" we start laughing uncontrollaby and then to add insult to injury for all those horror movie purists, "SHAVE HIS LEG HAIR! HE'S BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!" We get hissed at and booed but all I'm trying to do is have a good time. If you take out the gory scenes a horror movie is pretty hilarious, "---Who's there?!" "THE DELIVERY FROM CHINA WOK, YOU ORDER POKE FWIED RICE, YES?" then the murderer on screen steps out and she screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

DarkGreen

Mmm Tasty
Local time
-->
Also, I can't wait to go to my first showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight with all the freaks.

soraya

Warn; the child forbid, take care dangerousry!
Local time
Today 7:35 PM
-->
Ha! Totally identify with the morbid sense of humor. For some reason, things that just shouldn't be funny can sometimes have an ironic twist to them...making them hilarious. I often find myself laughing to myself about things like that, and getting strange looks from other people. I keep replaying them in my mind and so Its hard to stop laughing. Usually later I try to disect the humor and find out just why it was funny, what commonly accepted notion was twisted so that it became funny? What does that archetype mean and why do we have it anyway? How can I manipulate it for greater comic value? That kind o nerdy shit... :o

Top Bottom