• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Music Games - Guitar Hero and Such

Local time
Today 3:24 AM
-->
I personally love these types of games. It's listening to music while being involved in a very childish, plastic guitar, kind of way.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
I wish I could be as good on a real guitar as I am on Guitar Hero...lol

Belph

Local time
Today 1:24 PM
-->
Oh I pwned some game that was supposed to be something like Guitar Hero on my cell.
Now that i think about it I do love those type of games. That's why I started playing the real guitar I guess.

:cat:

SEPKA

What???
Local time
Today 6:24 PM
-->
I suggest I could put the coordinate here but then
I don't think that "music game" is a proper label. Maybe "press the exact key at the exact time" game would be better.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
Guitar Hero and Rock Band got me into a lot of oldies rock. I'm a big fan of Kansas, CHicago, The Police, and some others now because of those games.

mfratt

Local time
Today 6:24 AM
-->
They can be fun. No substitute for real instruments. I know someone who is obsessed with the thing and thinks that he can play drums because he plays rock band drums (mediocrely).

I find it funny that when I play, I usually play the bass part. I pluck the string button with two fingers like I would my bass. I try to focus on the rhythm (and in that one sense it actually is musical).

Inevitably, though, playing rock band makes me go grab my real bass and play that.

CodeOmega0

Local time
Today 5:24 AM
-->
DDR, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Patapon, DJ Hero.

Love them all.

Firehazard159

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
Today 4:24 AM
-->
I have DDR, rock band, and guitar hero. Love, like, and meh, respectively. Of course, I'm the type that has my own instruments to play instead of playing simon says ;)

Tunesimah

Man-Child becoming a Dude.... Man
Local time
Today 5:24 AM
-->
I like it. I started with the original Guitar Hero, now I play Rock Band. I don't like what Activision has done with the Guitar Hero franchise.

I'm to the point where playing the Guitar part of these games is sort of boring. It's fun if I just want to relax and enjoy music in a semi-interactive way. I have a real bass guitar in the corner that I hate ignoring for a plastic variety.

But that's guitar, I love playing the drums though. I used to play drums, and I don't have a real kit anymore or the space or the freedom to bang on them and not annoy those around me... so Rock Band drums is a great compromise. It satisfies a primal need to feel and work with Rhythm... it's not real drums but it's close enough. And the playing technique isn't real... but the rhythms themselves are real... and that's pretty cool.

And when you have a bunch of like-minded people around, these games are amazingly fun.

Top Bottom