• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Millennials are boring

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
Everyone is fucking boring.

Which must mean that I'm boring.

:confused:

:storks:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 5:04 PM
-->
My mangy millennial non-magnanimously manufactured mostly marginalizing generational generalizations
Many marginalizing generational generalizations my mangy millennial non-magnanimously mostly manufactured.
If my mangy millennial non-magnanimously manufactured mostly marginalizing generational generalizations
then how many mostly marginalizing generational generalizations did my mangy millennial non-magnanimously manufacture mainly in Montague, Montana?

Do you dare the Generational Generalization Challenge? Vocaroo or bust!

ez

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1UvFHyhY2Qx

Local time
-->
I am fascinated by britney spears and flip phones tbh

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 11:04 PM
-->
I am fascinated by britney spears and flip phones tbh

Oh my god, same.

I flipped (heh) my lid the first time I saw a flip phone. The first flip phone I ever owned I ended up flipping in half.

God damn, I just realized how much I miss flip phones.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:04 AM
-->
What about Selena Gomez? Millenials are fascinated by her.

Fuck.
Not a Millennial.
Hate her.

I mean, she grew up and seems like a nice enough person, but about all I could see going for her when I ran into her in Wizards of Waverly Place was that people thought she was cute and of course she has great hair (as per the shampoo commercials nowadays).

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Someone listen to my attempt at Jenny's tongue twister :(

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
What about Selena Gomez? Millenials are fascinated by her.

Who?

*googles*

Oh, that one with the irritating face. She looks like a Gummy Bear.

Meh.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 12:04 AM
-->
Oh my god, same.

I flipped (heh) my lid the first time I saw a flip phone. The first flip phone I ever owned I ended up flipping in half.

God damn, I just realized how much I miss flip phones.
They haven't gone anywhere. I have a flip-phone in my pocket as we speak.

Who?

*googles*

Oh, that one with the irritating face. She looks like a Gummy Bear.

Meh.
Oh my goodness, she does! Apparently, she's a singer, everyone. A singing gummy bear.

@Jenny -- I can't do it. You've defeated me. I tried it. I even recorded it (NOT POSTING!) and I nearly combusted.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:04 PM
-->
Wow i just realized i have gummy bears i dont have to buy food anymore!!!!

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:04 AM
-->
I tapped into the joy of clean clothes for the first time in years. Usually i get stopped by "lol who r u kidding, you're a filthy disgusting piece of shit anyway". This is kind of big. Sadly i couldn't actualize the joy since all my clothes are dirty. But i felt its presence. I felt entitled to the nice - or rather, i didn't feel banished from it. Almost human now (whatever that is).

Beating this anxiety demon is a source of tremendous strength.

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
They haven't gone anywhere. I have a flip-phone in my pocket as we speak.

Yeah, but you're like a billion years old. All us hip young cool kids are REQUIRED by the GOVERNMENT to have "smart" phones or else they'll turn us all into female rodents for their experiments where they zap our NOW NONEXISTENT balls with electrodes.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
We'll all be required to have smart fridges and lamps soon. Which makes sense because a dumb lamp wouldn't be very bright.

Good job RB.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I have the goddamn world at my fingertips and you're bitching that you can't have an IRL conversation.

Jesus christ.

Maybe no one wants to listen to you or anyone else drone on about stories in the past.

Is there a lot of cringey shit out there? Is generalizing/stereotyping a whole generation inaccuarate?

Yes.

Lighten up? No one wants to give a shit about your shitty jokes. Maybe they're all lonely, but guess what, we're fine.

Keep thinking the younger generations are boring. While you continue to age, we'll continue...to not care.

/

As I started off with, it's the digital age. Guess what, if you're not original, you're boring. Think your opinions are original? Google or Reddit and there's a high probability it's been said or done before.

And Martha Stewart?

You goddamn troll, Architect.

Was this a test to see how many replies you could get compared to your more 'advanced' topics/threads?

Well good job because you attacked a good portion of the userbase.

/

Millennials don't have time to joke around. We are the first generation in modern history which is economically worse off than the previous one. Boomers will never understand that, they have been living in a different kind of reality all their life.

“This generation will be permanently depressed and will be on a lower path of income for probably all of their life -- and at least the next 10 years,”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...an-dream-fades-for-generation-y-professionals

At my current job, someone (my boss, his boss) always wants to 'shoot the shit.' All I want to do is do my fucking job and go home. I will literally just walk away. Kissing up fortunately doesn't mean moving up (here, at least.) I'm very serious and aloof at work.

I also don't enjoy talking to RWAs/fascists, SJW's, empty headed people. Big surprise, I don't enjoy talking to people I don't like...so I dont.

Valentas

Local time
-->
Kuu is right. Economy for us young people is one the major causes of grumpy behaviour. Example: London. You need to save for years to place a deposit on a shithole and then be stuck paying for that thin-walled piece of shit for 10+ years. In addition, here is 1+ hour commute for ya and shitty neighbourhood.

Unemployment of young people is also big contributing factor. Especially in southern Europe. Kuu already mentioned consequences. Also, options for employment are diminishing due to automation and simply demand. Not everyone can be doctor, engineer and hence they study psychology but can't find work. This majority of population of young people.

Finally, milennials are anything but lazy. There are so many who would work hard but economic reality is different. Overall, productivity was increasing but wages remained somewhat stagnant. Unaffordable college, housing, rents, lack of certainty for future. Result is either unemployed people or a person who a job and holds onto it because the youngster is afraid of losing it. He already went through 20+ interviews and 500+ applications to finally land something.

Also, when you are on conveyor belt: school(not fun) -> uni(hard work if you study something worthile = no fun) -> job(whatever you lucked and worked into) + shitty commute eating the time, means a lot of people are tired and don't have time to lighten up.

But basically, I think that two factors are the cause: boring, shitty parents and economics.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Wow i just realized i have gummy bears i dont have to buy food anymore!!!!

No, no. Not those Gummy Bears.

These Gummy Bears:

gummi.jpg

I now realise that it's spelt 'Gummi'. Apologies, everyone. My memory isn't what it used to be ;)

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 8:04 PM
-->
But what would Xenoxgrav think?

[bimgx=250]http://www.amusingtime.com/images/09/this-monkey-thinking-about-something.jpg[/bimgx]

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 8:04 AM
-->
How can you base your moral compass upon the musings of an auto-cannibalistic entity?
And...and...it communicates in CAPS!! In CAPS!!

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Obvious statement: there seems to be a lot of variance within millennial individuals. Commenting on my own personal experience, there seems to be a massive spectrum of folk within my demographic. I was 15 when the millennium came along, so I'm probably in the middle (?) of it all.

Personally, I am a somewhat serious and boring person, because I'm an INTJ. I don't actually like interacting with other individuals all that much, so I ensure that said interactions are handled in ways which could be classed as... ahem, 'efficient'. It is very rare I come across another person with who I can connect on an intellectual level - and that's basically all I care about. Talk to me about whacky ideas or fuck off, basically. This is an area which I have to work on, because I'm probably missing out on the human side of life somewhat... but then I prioritise it so lowly that I can't even begin to fathom how it could ever be of benefit to me. Perhaps in time, eh?

I haven't ever been afraid of hard work. Years of abusing games like World of Warcraft mean that my brain has become wired to positive reinforcement type bullshit, which has lowered my focus (I'm working on it - but holy shit, pronounced issue is pronounced) but that aside, I'm always eager to get stuck in. When I'm on point with a project, I will work tirelessly into the wee hours to ensure everything is either perfect, or ready to be taken up the next day from a vantage point.

I don't have many hobbies, and I seldom indulge the ones I do. I'm very happy with life overall. I have a wife (ENTJ - also confirmed professionally) and two children. One is two years old, the other is three months old. Both are XX. I have a great job that, whilst the pay isn't great at the moment, the potential for growth is huge.

I'm nothing if not pulled in more than one direction, though.

Older generations (my wife is actually X!) I get along just fine with. It's people of my generation and younger who I tend to have issue with. SJWs for example. If ever a bunch of motherfuckers needed shooting...

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
How can you base your moral compass upon the musings of an auto-cannibalistic entity?
And...and...it communicates in CAPS!! In CAPS!!

X E N O X G R A V E I S L I F E A N D L I F E W I L L B E C O N S U M E D

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I'm not sure I like your tone, young lady.

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
uhhh...are you being facetious or is this an honest question?

Well, I thought you were a guy, so if that's not the case then I would put it forward as an honest question. But I feel like zerk just put more weight behind pmj's remark than intended and has now become confused.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah I've just been switching genders randomly. I don't remember either.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
kay,
first, fuck you gopher, just fuck you

second, if you want to know that you can pm me.

lastly,
bye,

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Well okay, not randomly whenever someone calls you she I follow suit and likewise for he. Just want to make sure you're fucking me for the right reasons.

Local time
-->
I keep making stupid remarks that are taken the wrong way
Nvm bye

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I don't understand what just happened.

Did someone do a feel? Is that what we're dealing with here?

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
I don't understand what just happened.

Did someone do a feel? Is that what we're dealing with here?

Maybe?

If so, it wasn't me. I've been learned real good how to keep my hands to myself. I ain't done no feelin' people in a real long time.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Is there some trans-gender-ing going on here that I was unaware of?

No biggie - their business. I just can't understand WTF, that conclusion aside.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Come on Luce, you know that was a misunderstanding. And zerkalo, humans aren't perfect we all make mistakes. You can try to run from it but you'll continue to be hurt until you make peace with it.. We don't need to lose two good members over that.

sorry, I didn't see all the posts before I posted above...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah. I probably made a mistake somewhere sure. However whatever the issue is if you can't explain it and let me know what's up then it's your issue not mine. I should have no reason to care about something I don't know enough about to change. If I seem cold it's because I've been told that my type of empathy in these situations is a problem I need to fix by not caring about it. (Yeah a medical professional told me that, weird right?)

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I think the issue originated with me.

This is what life as an INTJ is like. Inadvertently causing shitstorms and never understanding why.

My apologies if I offended anyone. I'm perhaps operating on limited data.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
You guys need to stop feeling up the feels. They're for special occasions. Let them ferment in the basement.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:04 AM
-->
I've no clue what to use. I was calling reluctantly "he" in mafia, then got told he was "she" so I used that, and now I'm totally lost....

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Time for a story:
A rich, accomplished, guy walks into a bar, orders the oldest whiskey and is shocked to see that all the young'uns are sipping cheap piss, have unhappy faces and complain about the slave-driving at work.

He then laughs to his heart content and says:
Cheer up for fuck sake, will you?! I can't stand this place, it kills my mood, you young'uns can't enjoy life I tell ya.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
@The Gopher

lmao

can anyone guess my gender?

hint: I'm not japaneses

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:04 PM
-->
you are a gurl

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
Gender isn't real.

That's the thing about it.

Sex is real, and sex identity is real.

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
I'm boring. My friends are boring. I'm pretty self-indulgent. Maybe you have a point.

Also, I lol'd at the "crack" remark... Maybe that's where you're going wrong, Architect; you're doing the wrong kind of humor. You need to make more butt crack jokes.

Top Bottom