• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

*insert MBTI type*

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
Yesterday 11:13 PM
-->
From various suggestions and a somewhat obsessive research period, I have come to a MBTI revolution.

Previously convincingly mistyped as an INTP, I think it's possible that I am an INFP now. Yet I am too still too overly biased to detach myself from the original INTP status.

So it brings me to this point where I request a hopefully unbiased and somewhat detached opinion of my MBTI type.

Erm. I am willing to answer most questions and requests. :eek:
>.<

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:13 PM
-->
Lets all be in this club together! I'll bring cakes. To be perfectly honest though I haven't seen enough of you to be able to tell and can't think of any good questions.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
Yeah, I too lost all confidence today and spent the day questioning. Also researching all kinds of crazy demons, for... some reason.

I say we all decide to identify with ancient demon types and label each other as such instead.

How do you feel about that?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:13 PM
-->
Sounds perfect! Not to hijack the thread or anything but what type of ancient demons are there?

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
Well I started with Inccubi those lustful creatures who lay and know women in the night, it seems some ancient sources eventually crossed them with Succubi, as sort of Asexual. The theory being they the succubus lays with the man to steal his seed, transforms into an Incubus and uses the seed to impregnate a woman with what is now demon spawn. There are different forms across nearly all cultures and in many are considered water demons, that transform into dolphin like creatures, when in more human like form they wear hats to hide the breathing hole in their head. Some cultures see them as small hideous gnome like men, often with the water reference and the hole in the head. Sometimes the gnomes play the banjo.

And ended somewhere around Samael, archangel of the fifth heaven who rides his mare in the seventh, and demon with the burden of the task of bringing death to mortals. The blind one, giant, covered with ten thousand shimmering eyes, wielding his scythe.

With detours about the Krampus who accompanies St. Nicholas at christmas and carries naughty little children off in his sack to his lair, posibbly for feasting upon.

Ha-Satan (apparently differing from Satan), The Adversary. The voice of alternative reasoning to god on the matter of Job.

Azazel the goat demon of the desert, for whom the scapegoat in which all the sins of the people are put and is sent wandering into the desert for at the same time as the sacred goat is offered to God.

I read about so many more, I have to read them more to remember thier names and stuff without looking it back up.

There seems to be one for everything and a counterpart of it for every culture. Some of them are also archangels, and some it is not clear what standing they are in for demon or angle status.

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
-->
Ack! *looks around amidst the demonic hustle and bustle*

Ah, what the heck. *drags chair to join the satanic circle*

Paladin-X

ISTP
Local time
Today 12:13 AM
-->
From various suggestions and a somewhat obsessive research period, I have come to a MBTI revolution.

Previously convincingly mistyped as an INTP, I think it's possible that I am an INFP now. Yet I am too still too overly biased to detach myself from the original INTP status.

So it brings me to this point where I request a hopefully unbiased and somewhat detached opinion of my MBTI type.

>.<

Why do you think you are an INFP? Why do you think you are not an INTP?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 3:43 PM
-->
I think most 'readers' here would like video footage of you. I am not a reader myself, but they often do request it.

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
Today 8:13 AM
-->
Look in the other thread The introvert opened (over 50 posts). In there, look at post 53 I think, in any case, my first one. Answer in detail.

Supplementary for T/F : look at post 59 I think (my second one), I have an extra something in there.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:13 AM
-->

>.<

I would read/skim Psychological Types, or at least the parts on Fi and Ti. Personally, I could really relate to Ti, which helped steer things in an Fe/Ti function pair direction.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Psychological_Types#The_Introverted_Thinking_Type

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Ack! We've lost another one. :rip:

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 3:43 PM
-->
I'm thinking of coming back to the self certified INTP fold XD

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
-->
Why do you think you are an INFP? Why do you think you are not an INTP?

Well. Since being self-typed as an INTP, I have never been entirely sure. As much as I enjoyed all the topics in this forum, I have often found myself not being able to actively participate as a poster but rather as a lurker. >.< Simply, I find that my lack of knowledge in most prominent fields/topics as a weak point to support my case as being an INTP. (Stereotyping? >.<)

Hm. Many other members from MBTI forums I have joined have labeled me as an INFP. I do see the the dominant and auxiliary functions of the INFP showing up when I was little and now, to a less of an extent, into my teenage years.

Whether or not these traits belong to the INFP or INTP or any other type, here are some notable ones:

- When it comes to decisions, would trust the rationalizing the options rather than what I would feel to be "right" or "wrong". (I am still not entirely sure
which one feels more comfortable to me. >.<)

- A surprisingly poor memory for facts

- When I was little, I would enjoy locking myself up in a room to lay down on the floor and imagine scenarios and schtuff. >.<

- Feels somewhat of a need to break the ice when it comes to conversations with strangers just to make them feel comfortable.

- Has a surprising ability to turn on social skills and acceptable behaviour when needed. Almost a few minutes after the event, would completely turn it off and sink back into my comfortable bubble. (It took me years to perfect this one.)

- At school, has been stereotyped as unapproachable and apathetic. (I'd say the latter is more prominent.)

- Horrid at verbalizing more complex ideas that I fully understand, especially in an intimidating atmosphere. Writing is more natural to me.

Err. So. Yeah. >.<

fnordprefect

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:13 AM
-->
Usually the "INTP" who can't figure out their T/F preference ends up actually being INFJ. That tert. Ti can cause a lot of confusion.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
Today 6:13 AM
-->
Ha-Satan (apparently differing from Satan), The Adversary. The voice of alternative reasoning to god on the matter of Job.

Sorry. A bit off-topic, but to clarify: HaSatan just means "The Satan". "Ha" means "the." I believe the "HaSatan" refers to a type of Satan that is inside a person (which is a popular take on the subject of Satan). In this context, HaSatan would be the part of you that gives you a bad idea, while the Evil Inclination rationalises it, while the Angel of Death allows you to carry it out.

SW

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:13 AM
-->
i hereby type you ESFJ solely because you use the awkward neologism "veh". you truly don't give a fuck a bout your presence. this is typical na'vi dominant negative flexifoam rumination.

Top Bottom