• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INFJ?

gloomy-optimist

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:28 PM
-->
@gloomy - How do you get yourself out of a funk like that?

Well, I do a couple things. I like taking solitary walks in natural settings; it helps calm the mind a little. I take time to myself to think and chill out; if I don't have access to someone I can talk to, then all other social contact becomes kind of stressful. Being alone helps me rejuvenate my mind a little, but I have to take care not to listen to sad music or anything like that...it's a time to emotionally heal, not remind myself of how lonely I am.
I'm not sure exactly what I do; it's not something I can get out of quickly. I went overseas for 10 months to study, and there was a period of about 2 to 3 where I was pretty seriously depressed. It lessened after that, but it took me a while to get out of it. I did eventually, but I didn't really feel like myself that year; I was too quiet, too withdrawn, mostly because I have problems making friends on my own (but I'm getting better at that).

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
Today 2:28 PM
-->
I've always thought that being an I_F_ type would be a lot harder than being an I_T_ type. You need to have someone to talk to to let your emotions out, but you always need to be alone some as well.

We ITs need the same things, but we need people in MUCH smaller doses, able to (happily) go days or weeks without human interaction. (Some will go months or years...) I would get touchy after a few weeks, I think. Maybe more, maybe less, maybe a lot less. Anyhow///

Honestly gloomy, your new avatar is like eyestrain on a stick! So many primary colors!!!!

Aphasia

Local time
Tomorrow 2:28 AM
-->
I just remembered an unpleasant thing: I learned how to go into controlled trances so that I didn't need to feel pain from beatings. I guess I withdrawn into myself as a method of self defense. It's annoying that I'm still not able to get my message across properly, though.

I'm not going to break anytime soon, and so far life is getting better as I grow older, so it'll probably be okay. Besides, I'm pretty stubborn.

gloomy-optimist

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:28 PM
-->
Wisp:
Yeah, it can be kind of annoying sometimes. I've gone pretty long without any major socialization, but that wasn't really by choice...it did help me understand the world better, though.
And thanks about the avatar ;p I try~

Aphasia:
It's good that you feel like things are looking up. It actually helps to be positive in a situation like that; the mind perceives what you will it would. Especially if you're getting out of an abusive situation, though going into trances may become sort of a habit...
I have a similar trait of escapism when there is violent or emotionally trying issues at hand; for some reason, my mind drifts. I have to really concentrate in order to pay attention...
So it may stay with you for a long time...

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Today 12:28 PM
-->
Old-er thread and all, but I just gotta say INFJs sound so darned cute.
(Sorry if it came out as patronizing)

Top Bottom