• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

General catch all for new forum software.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:42 PM
-->
Omg it happened!
New aesthetic is confusing but I’m sure we’ll iron it out.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
omg everything has gone dark.... why is my screen so daaaaarkkkkk cthulhu must be comin back to take me home....save me my lord tentacle

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 8:42 AM
-->
There is so much to do to get it back to looking like the real one. Note we will look at add-ons, but XenForo version 1 add-ons won't work in this version 2.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
wow! even the profile comments were transferred over!
i'm lovin' thisss

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Something messed up the email system from intpforum > mailer daemon > Hosts to me at least, so I can't reply to amything sent that way until they have sorted that.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:42 AM
-->
I would like the avatars to be bigger. for everyone, not just me.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:42 AM
-->
This shit is slick!

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Quotes should not be acting like spoilers.

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
I'm glad the cross pattée is still there. That and most everything else.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
My only question at this point is how do I go to "go to first unread post"?

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
Ok so I improved the width a bit and found out how to increase the avatar size, although they're scaled for some damned reason... I will look into fixing the colors and other things during the next few days.

We desperately need our smilies back too!

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
We also need a way to see updated threads on the home page like it used to be at the bottom. Because I literally won't use the forum if I can't see who has replied to what topics at a glance. Hmm maybe I shouldn't have told people how to get rid of me.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Hmm I can't see a way to edit posts. Incoming 100 post replies due to INTP neurosis and constant requirements to edit. I do like the tag lines are centred now makes "President" look so much better. :P Also my First year as President and the forum has been improved! All me guys, I'll take cash later.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
we made it homies

this new interface is SpIfFY

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
I investigated smilies before bed. Basically there's no third party V. 02 Smilie Importer ( the V. 1 one is obviously (!) incompatible ), and the XenForo devs seem kinda morose on some matters, prolly regarding such things as smilies as frivolous, so although I isolated both our old smilies and our old post icons ( those little runes ) from back-ups on my computer, each will have to be uploaded individually with meta info.

Even vBull managed a mass-importer.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 9:42 AM
-->
Its just cosmetics but upload intpf logo!
hung The Cross this "xenForo" looks so dry...

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Once I recall it, it will have to be altered for every Style installed. On Claverhouse's blog there's an image by the great Gustave Doré, The Black Eagle of Prussia, which was simple to install in the header, but we'll have to go slowly with XenForo.

Fortunately it does not seem to be the XenForo branding, which costs a fee to remove, that's right down at the left.

Actually I miss the bar with all the weird links....

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I am sorry about my grammar and spelling.
Can we please have an edit button?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Yo Ragnar (et al?), could you please look into the lack of a report button? I’m using the mobile version and it’s not on there. Haven’t signed in on a PC yet, but I imagine it’s missing there too.

Thanks for implementing dark castle <3

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
the post Edit button would be great.
I also cannot find any way to Edit one's profile information.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Hmmm... I dunno why there isn't one. Seems obvious need, and certainly attainable since as admin I can see one on your posts, no doubt for admins to use.

At the moment I'm trying to add smilies.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
The permissions for Noble Users say they can edit own posts and edit profiles...

And for Registered Users

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Please say which Style Theme is being used for this sort of thing.

It is very difficult for me to evaluate as, logged in I can see all because of the admin bit, but not logging in, being unregistered means I wouldn't see your controls anyway.

Think I created a test user somewhere...

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
With the test user I saw an edit button...

Just reinstalled Tapatalk, this time for XenForo.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
We are looking into missing post buttons over in General.

It is Auburn, with Kuu, responsible for the gift of Dark Castle.

Just installed Tapatalk for XenForo.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I have used both available templates (the pure black one, and the one with blue letters on black/grey), and I do not see an Edit button on any posts that I make, nor could find any Edit link or button on the profile information or any of the profile-related pages to edit profile info.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
EDIT: I would check the admin panel to see if the member usergroup allows editing of one's own posts, and what time window it is set to. Usually you can turn that stuff on/off + adjust the time window.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
As I said above Noble Users and Registered Users have permissions set to allow editing.

The time setting ought to be a day or so, but at present it's Unlimited. I've been doing this a long time.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
What's new > New Posts

Of specific threads, not threads in general. I realize I can go to the last post made in the thread by clicking the link for the date that the last post was made, that's not what I am asking.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Well, some good news -- it wasn't there before when I posted, but now the Edit link does appear next to the Report link. So that is something.

... and now there is a Profile content panel that allows me to make edits. That's different than when I posted last too. So yay. ;)

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Maybe resetting the permissions after the upgrade takes time to trickle through the database...

As for the Profile bit, I don't think there was anything hindering editing for anyone; however looking at my own there's barely anything to edit, the whole thing looks bare compared to before.

There seem to be some annoying trophy things. That's got to go.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
:39::cheerleadear-by-dannielezchan::davidstar::emotifin2-1::act-up::adamemote1::airplane::alicemknits::alien::angel::angry::applause::arrogant::auburn::bad::bashful::beat-up::beauty::beauty::beer::biggrin::blowkiss::bomb::bowl::boy::brb::bye::cake::call-me::camera::can::car::cat::chib01::chibisep60::chicken::chocor::clap::clock::cloud1::cloudy::clover::clown::coffee::coins::computer::confused::confused::console::cool::coverlaugh::cow::cowboy::crying::cthulhu-smiley::curl-lip::curse::cute-white-kitten-head-emoticon-41::cute::d1-rogue00::dance::dazed::happydolphin::desire::devil::disapointed::disdain::doctor::dog::doh::dont-know::dontbelieve::drink::drool::eat::eek::embarrassed::excruciating::eyeroll::film::fingers-crossed::flag::foot-in-mouth::freaked-out::frown::ghost::giggle::girl::glasses-cool::glasses-nerdy::go-away::goat::good::grouphug::hammer::handcuffs::handshake::highfive::hug-left::hug-right::hungry::hypnotized::walkout::icon-alien::icon-angel::icon-biggrin::icon-blush::icon-captain::icon-censored-green::icon-confused::icon-cool::icon-cuinlove::icon-devil::icon-down::icon-eek::icon-elefant::icon-erschreckt::icon-fies::icon-frown::icon-hoplit-300-m::icon-igitt::icon-irre::icon-lol::icon-mad-green::icon-neutral::icon-nosmile::icon-pferdehaufen::icon-razz::icon-rolleyes::icon-shocked::icon-skeptisch::icon-slash::icon-smile::icon-smoker::icon-starwars::icon-stumm::icon-thumbs1::icon-tinykitball::icon-tinykitball::icon-ugly::icon-viking::icon-vogelgrippe::icons-king-twitter::icon-wink::in-love::island::jump::kiss::knife::kujah-1::lamp::lashes::laugh::liquor::love-over::love::lying::mad-tongue::mad::mail::meeting::mobile::moneymouth::monkey::moon::moriyabig::msn-away::msn-busy::msn::msn-online::musical-note::mythcreature::nailbiting::nazi::neutral::ninja::ninja::party::peace::phone::pig::pill::pissed-off::pizza::plate::poop::pray::present::pumpkin::qq::question::quiet::qz2ir8::r72b2d::rain::rainbow::raven01::raven02::raven03::raven04::raven05::redface::rolleyes::rose-dead::rose::rotfl::sad::sarcastic::search::secret::seraph::shame::sheep::shock::shout::shut-mouth::sick::sigarette::silly::skeleton::skywalker::sleepy::smile-big::smile::smile::smiley-emoticons-^^::smiley-emoticons-ahh04::smiley-emoticons-altes-eisen::smiley-emoticons-altes-eisen::smiley-emoticons-aufsmaul::smiley-emoticons-baby-taptap::smiley-emoticons-borg::smiley-emoticons-brautpaar-kinder::smiley-emoticons-crazy::smiley-emoticons-deutschritter-armbrust::smiley-emoticons-deutschritter-schwert::smiley-emoticons-dinner-in-the-sky::smiley-emoticons-doh::smiley-emoticons-fips-aufsmaul::smiley-emoticons-fips-aufsmaul-noani::smiley-emoticons-gott::smiley-emoticons-herzen02::smiley-emoticons-hoplit::smiley-emoticons-hoplit2::smiley-emoticons-hoplit3::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-speer1::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-speer2::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-speer3::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-speer3-m::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-sword1::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-sword2::smiley-emoticons-hoplit-sword3::smiley-emoticons-kali::smiley-emoticons-kilroy::smiley-emoticons-kinggrin-anbeten2::bats:fledermaus02::smiley-emoticons-mttao-matrix::smiley-emoticons-mttao-wassermann::smiley-emoticons-musketiere-schwoerend::smiley-emoticons-ninja-hide01-white::smiley-emoticons-oma-sessel-katze::smiley-emoticons-paladin::smiley-emoticons-pistolen::smiley-emoticons-pistolen::smiley-emoticons-pueh::smiley-emoticons-richard-loewenherz::smiley-emoticons-saladin::smiley-emoticons-schweinegrippe::smiley-emoticons-schweinegrippe::smiley-emoticons-segen::smiley-emoticons-slash-new::smiley-emoticons-waffe14::smiley-emoticons-winchester::smirk::snail::snicker::snowman::soccerball::soldier::star::starving::struggle::sun::sweat::teeth::terror::thinking::thunder::tonberry::tongue::tongue::tree-1::treeswing::tremble::turtle::tv::twistedevil1::umbrella::vampire::vic-girl::victory::vince::waiting::walker::watermelon::weep::wilt:;);):witch::worship::wpm8dq5::yaoi::yawn::yb4aace::yin-yang::yuri:

Smilies have gone Supernova.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Actually that is the totality of membership and admin collecting over a lifetime.

Here it seems there is no handy box for the most favoured of their tribe, but one clicks the little Smilie above, next to Insert Image, and they all appear after a while. One clicks the one or so you want and the smilie-code is inserted there for that alone.

There has to be a better way.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
One emoji to rule them all, one emoji to find them, One emoji to bring them all and in the darkness, shit post them all at once.

EMipIBf.png

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
noticed before spam thread closed.
I cannot quote by name and post number the person I am quoting.
people must know who said what I am replying to and where to find it.
as atheists say "citation needed".

It is only fair in a debate people be known when quoted.

Last edited:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I see Report, Edit, Delete in my own post.

Ragnar, do you have an idea of the timeline that users will have to Edit/delete their posts?

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
noticed before spam thread closed.
I cannot quote by name and post number the person I am quoting.
people must know who said what I am replying to and where to find it.
as atheists say "citation needed".

It is only fair in a debate people be known when quoted.

The Reply button is at the extreme right. :nazi:

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Indeed, for now, until I get around to it, the Editing is set to Unlimited.

I'll put it back to what I think it was, 48 hours ? when I have time. One has to look at every single group individually to set such permissions and one needs to make sure it is consistent.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
YES :happydolphin::elephant:

Is it just me or do the smileys look even better than they used to?

Although the interface really sucks. And what's that ad doing there?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
It feels familiar yet smoother. It’s beautiful :’)

Thank you.:alicemknits:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Can we have the green dot back that tells you a person is online? thanks.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
It’s a green triangle on the avatar (or at least it is on mobile)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I was wondering if you could make it so that the place where it shows text extends to form fitting with the width of the screen for PC.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
There's no online light on pc so far, maybe there's a switch to turn it on.

As for the [ sorta ] ad, I've no idea why or when half the smilies were uploaded: it's just there, and it would be morally wrong to load up an incomplete display.

The green ones were Anthile's, and I definitely loaded the Greek warriors and anything Touhou.

Top Bottom