• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Cats

Venture

Banned
Local time
Today 1:24 PM
-->
I decided to create this thread for the strict and general discussion of cats and all felines alike.

I tend to like cats as over dogs, not that I like dogs though more because dogs are more needy, emotional, and rely on you more, they will get sad, and you will also have to consitantly support them, give them walks, renforcment, training, and maintence are alot harder.

Cats, you will have to build a realationship with and earn their respect.
The most training you really need for a house cat is teaching them to use the cat litter box, and not to wreck your house, which all can be done fairly easly. Having an outdoor cat could be even easier but could seem like less of a pet.
I love how cats have a mind of their own and don't latch on to other animals as much as other pets could. They will most liley rarley get sad and more likley get mad at you and cats can stay mad.
I suppose it also has to do with what mood I am currently in to decide over Cats or Dogs.

I do love dogs but in a complete different way.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 10:24 PM
-->
<3 cats

I love their independence, purring, personality, posture, elegance, sleekness, the way they sleep, the way they stretch, the way they sit, and the way that they love most of all :) :D

Razare

Local time
Today 4:24 PM
-->
Oh but I will mention a certain feline that lives in my house. Billy the Kitty (as opposed to Billy the Kid) is his name and he acts like a dog. We got him when he was a kitten and our older female cat despised him so he grew up playing with our small Jack Russell Terriers. If you call him by his name, he comes. If I go outside, he follows beside me. If I pet him some, he licks my hand and he also play bites. He's too tough for our small dog anymore, so they've stopped playing. Billy uses claws when he plays and the dog has been hooked in the nose one too many times. Now days you can find him in our yard bolting up trees to snatch out birds, which he is very good at. He's the most athletic cat I've ever had and very handsome for cat kind. If he wasn't fixed, I'm sure he'd be wandering a ten mile radius finding all the lady cats.

Oh, he'll chase a ball if you throw it too, I should teach him to fetch sometime.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Cats are awesome. I especially love how they can be both serious and hilarious at the same time, and how you have to earn a cat's love. It's also funny how venal they are. At least for my cat, it's apparent that she loves me mainly because I feed her. That's the reason why she originally showed up on the doorstep. I like her for that for some reason. And she has a definite personality, where it seems that dogs only exhibit archetypes.

Anling

Local time
Today 2:24 PM
-->
I had a kitten that would fetch for me. Then the parents got rid of my kittens. -sigh- They were good cats.

FireHawk

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I have 2 cats and one of them weighs almost 40 pounds. My room is under the stairs... so, yeah, it's loud at night.

Venture

Banned
Local time
-->
I have 2 cats and one of them weighs almost 40 pounds. My room is under the stairs... so, yeah, it's loud at night.
Did you by chance see "Most outragous" on Animal Planet?

Oh but I will mention a certain feline that lives in my house. Billy the Kitty (as opposed to Billy the Kid) is his name and he acts like a dog. We got him when he was a kitten and our older female cat despised him so he grew up playing with our small Jack Russell Terriers. If you call him by his name, he comes. If I go outside, he follows beside me. If I pet him some, he licks my hand and he also play bites. He's too tough for our small dog anymore, so they've stopped playing. Billy uses claws when he plays and the dog has been hooked in the nose one too many times. Now days you can find him in our yard bolting up trees to snatch out birds, which he is very good at. He's the most athletic cat I've ever had and very handsome for cat kind. If he wasn't fixed, I'm sure he'd be wandering a ten mile radius finding all the lady cats.

Oh, he'll chase a ball if you throw it too, I should teach him to fetch sometime.

What kind of cat is it?

FireHawk

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Venture7089 said:
Did you by chance see "Most outragous" on Animal Planet?

Nope, was it about abnormally heavy-set felines? If it was, why didn't they visit my kitty? :(

FireHawk

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Awesome. I don't think that the "Purina Diet" stuff works... He loses weight on the stairs l'm sure.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
<3 cats

I love their independence, purring, personality, posture, elegance, sleekness, the way they sleep, the way they stretch, the way they sit, and the way that they love most of all :) :D

Haha, indeed. I completely agree :)

Cats are the most elegant and interesting animals on this planet, imo.

Well, that may be because they are several million years ahead of us in terms of evolution...
WORSHIP OUR CAT OVERLORDS
:D:D:D

Ogion

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
WORSHIP OUR CAT OVERLORDS

darthCat.jpg

And in the large kitty category...

largeCat1.jpg

largeCat2.jpg

largeCat3.jpg

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
ahahahahah ROFL@Darth Cat.....:D:D:D:D:D:D

But :eek: the large cats there are cheated, right? (photoshopped...)?! Right?

Ogion

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
The first and second ones are real, but the third one is photoshopped. :D

For the first and third, go here.
For the second, go here. This one is real because you can magnify the image and see that there is no pixel distortion between the cat and the woman or the cat and the background.

del

Randomly Generated
Local time
-->
I love cats. I also love dogs. Actually, I just love animals in general. But I agree with OP, cats and dogs are different and I enjoy them for what they are.

In a related note, I would like to submit this cat video to my fellow INTPians as a candidate for the most hilarious cat video of all time. :D

YouTube- Cat playing Red Light / Green Light (Holst)

Anling

Local time
-->
That video is pretty funny. Gotta love cats. My sister hates them. I declare this to be blasphemy.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->

motrhead

Local time
-->
I tend to like cats as over dogs, not that I like dogs though, more because dogs are more needy, emotional, and rely on you more, they will get sad, and you will also have to consitantly support them, give them walks, renforcment, training, and maintence are alot harder.....Cats, you will have to build a realationship with and earn their respect......I love how cats have a mind of their own and don't latch on to other animals as much as other pets could.

Exactly. Cats are adults/equals, dogs are children. We have six cats, and they are full-fledged family members. Each has a distinct personality.
Taking care of a dog is just like caring for an infant. They are needy, but can't tell you what they need. You can't really leave them alone. The worst part is that they won't sit on your lap and purr!
I'm not a dog fan, but they all love me. :)

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
We have two cats. I much prefer them over any other animal as they are not really 'pets', they are little furry four-legged peoples.
And as we all know...

cats.jpg

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
Kitties~
I have two. One is a little crybaby who's scared of me. (Seriously the first time that's happened to me...cats usually love me...) The other is my little girl who follows me around and sleeps in my arms at night.

The only cats I don't really care for are lions. Maybe it has something to do with lions being our school mascot, but...they just seem so overhyped to me. I don't dislike them, per se, but they just aren't special. My favorite big cat, on the other paw, is the cheetah. And then the tiger, the caracal, serval, panther... Can you imagine falling asleep next to a tiger? I want to go to the zoo now. :(

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Today 3:24 PM
-->
I like cats and always had them growing up. But when I left for college and wasn't used to being around them anymore I developed a highly allergic reaction to them. I get all stuffed up, my throat hurts, I vomit buckets of blood and my skin peels off the bone like slow cooked ribs.

You know, shit like that.

It's weird.

Okay, so not all of that happens. My throat doesn't really hurt. But I am very allergic. Pity, because I do like cats.

It's fascinating how many INTP's seem to like cat's.

motrhead

Local time
-->
It's fascinating how many INTP's seem to like cat's.

Probably because cats are loners that don't *really* need anyone. I know I can identify with that much more readily than a needy, emotional dog.

truthseeker72

Local time
-->
Cats are just cool, end of story. Really, what other pet can stir up such a wide range of emotions. Cats have been both worhispped and demonized throughout history. Do dogs, birds, or any other animal for that matter, trigger that kind of visceral reaction?

I think a lot of us here are drawn to felines because they answer to no one, not even their "owners." They appreciate us, show affection towards us, and can have fun with us, but they don't need us.

*sigh* I wish the women I became involved with us were more like that.

Top Bottom